All Comments on 'Bloodlines of Old'

by Nercited

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Proxy128Proxy128almost 3 years ago

Interesting start so far. Long standing war. Steep learning curve for the outsider between catching up & the changes. What does her family know or are involved in to not tell her? What about her siblings? What do they know? Where do the family members stand on the pure v non-pure bloodlines conflict? How will there be an heir with Charlotte & Cassidy's relationship?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I’m assuming there’s a sequel in the works to this. I mean it’s pretty clear to see where everything’s going to go in this particular tale but this still felt a bit short and well…rushed. Not bad by any stretch but definitely like you were just trying to get it done more than tell the story.

I’m one of those people who does actually read on here for the plot instead of the “plot” though so take my words with whatever salt you need to. lol

Hope to see more from you later though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story so far. It has a good flow to it and kept me intrigued the whole time. Cant wait for the next part

lanncerlannceralmost 3 years ago

A unique take. Looking forward to where this go.

DukaaDukaaalmost 3 years ago

This seems to be a promising start. I like the primal/prey dynamic between same sex characters. 99% of werewolf themed stories seem to be copies of 'Twilight' ( I acutally haven't read it but that's the cliche I'd say), featuring your 'Alpha male' bad boy and miss goody two shoes.

I have to agree with get2briteiz regarding the story though. While it is definitely interesting and offers multiple paths to continue, it seems somewhat rushed. Personally I prefer reading more plot driven stories on this side. The sex scene was great though, getting marked/claimed by someone is certainly up there on my kink list.

DukaaDukaaalmost 3 years ago

This seems to be a promising start. I like the primal/prey dynamic between same sex characters. 99% of werewolf themed stories seem to be copies of 'Twilight' ( I acutally haven't read it but that's the cliche I'd say), featuring your 'Alpha male' bad boy and miss goody two shoes.

I have to agree with get2briteiz regarding the story though. While it is definitely interesting and offers multiple paths to continue, it seems somewhat rushed. Personally I prefer reading more plot driven stories on this side. The sex scene was great though, getting marked/claimed by someone is certainly up there on my kink list.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Intensely captivating — the fast, deliberately jumbled pace with bits and pieces hinting at the tale to come was perfectly in line with Cassidy’s state of mind. And we got a glimpse of the characters Cassidy and Charlotte — nicely done. I for one am on board and looking forward to where you are taking us. Maybe your writing started off as something fun to do on the side, you might say, but pretty clear it is going somewhere. Thanks for sharing and while at it ignore inane comments.

NercitedNercitedalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you guys so much for the comments, I really appreciate them. Yes there are several more chapters to come and yes this one was a bit rushed. Future chapters will be much slower as we unravel the backstory of the war. I just had to get these characters out from my head as soon as the idea formed. There is definitelt slow burn in the future!!

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

You say this first chapter was rushed — maybe so but the rush seemed so perfect for Cassidy’s state of mind. Perfect beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Look foward to more of the story. As others have said 99% of werewolf/vampire stories are of the same cliche. This is new and captivating.

LiterKnightLiterKnightalmost 3 years ago

Glad to see that more is planned, because fuck, that was hot. Sure, it did seem a bit rushed towards the end, but presumably that will be explained in future chapters. Excellent work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lost me when you went lesbian.

Bye for now.

Your writing was fine, I was engaged. Only a few nit picks.

Peeked, not peaked

Crept like slept, not creeped

I panicked, grabbing a book off the wall and throwing it at her.

Or

I panicked, grabbed a book off the wall and threw it at her.

Didn't finish, didn't score.

I'll check out your next post.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief5 months ago

A lesbian werewolf, not what I was expecting. That's a new one for me but for the sake of the story I'll go along with it for now.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNercited@Nercited
Writing for fun for now but would love for it to turn into something more. Please dont hesitate to give me feedback critical or otherwise!!!!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES