Bloodlines of Old Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It is very unlikely that our first session would result in a birth, it didn't even cross my mind. But as alpha, I should have known better, and as your mate," she pulled back to look into my eyes as she clutched my face, "I failed you, I failed us, I failed our child," she was sobbing now and it tore at my heart. "I don't deserve you," she stood suddenly as her fingers slowly let go of my face, "so I encourage you to do what your heart tells you." She paced a little then stood with her arms crossed.

"If you wish to try again, I will abide by your every command, I will worship you and your thoughts as if they are the air in my lungs," she knelt at my legs and clutched my knees, "but if you want to leave and never see me again," she bit her lip and looked away as she stroked my thighs, "I am powerless to stop you." She finally looked at me, and I knew I was a goner before she admitted what I wanted to hear. What I needed to hear. I needed to know that I had power in our relationship, that I had choices, that I wasn't just a subject of her antics and irrational political behaviors.

I put the picture back into the box from Nana and tucked it into the bag I had thrown clothes into. I picked it up as the waves of defeat rolled off her. I walked towards the door then dropped the bag. "You know, I have a lot of questions," she perked up and stood from the floor now, nodding quickly. The necklace on my neck burned with anticipation of my confession. "And I'm mad at you," she waited for me to continue. "But God do I want you more than anything I've ever wanted." My wolf howled inside as I was becoming accustomed to its language from deep down.

She slowly smiled like a predator and I knew I was always powerless to stop my longing for her, my need for her. I stepped slowly towards her, trying to look as submissive and sexy as I could. I could sense her wolf pushing towards the surface as I gained ground towards her. I stood inches from her body as we both worked to control our breathing. I knew this was a pivotal moment in our relationship. I was still mad at her, but I still wanted her, and I wanted to forgive her, understand her, feel her. I stood and awaited her actions as we took to a staring contest. I opened my mouth to speak, but I was interrupted with a knock on the door.

She pulled me close to her and nuzzled my neck before I could use the objection to retreat. "Come in," her growling frustration evident in her words.

"Alpha," it was Ethan with his ceremonial bowing again, I tried not to roll my eyes at our interruption. "The council has come back from recess and are awaiting your presence."

"As you wish," she spoke into my neck with a licking on my shoulder at the double meaning of her words. The door shut and she pulled me tighter.

"We must go back to the meeting," she stroked my back under my shirt and I whimpered with a need I was realizing was only growing with every moment. I clutched at her waist but persisted, "I don't know enough about what's going on, do you really need me there?" I didn't want to be the sole focus of some debate about war that I didn't understand the context of.

She kissed me fiercely, "I will always need you there," she nibbled on my bottom lip before pulling back and clutching at my face, "always mate." Her smile threw my body into overdrive as I allowed her to pull me back towards the conference of bullshit I knew was raining down on her, on us.

As my mind tried to catch up with all the information that had been guzzled into my life recently, when we walked down the hallway towards the 'boardroom', I stopped in my tracks tugging Charlotte to a stop with our intertwined hands. My gaze went blank as several pieces fell into place and she clutched face and pressed her forehead against mine. I breathed in her calming scent.

"It's ok love, they will listen to our story, they will want revenge for our child, they will want war once they understand what is at stake," She meant to be calming, but I only shook my head against her.

"N-no, I," I struggled to compose myself, "I don't," I shuddered as she tried to shush my worry. I held her firm and met her eyes. "How," I bit my lip, knowing my next words were weighted, "how did someone know I was pregnant before I did?" She didn't seem to follow along and I pulled her tight to me to whisper into her ear.

"You say that a first mating isn't likely to grant a child," I blushed, thankful she couldn't see, "how did our enemies know that I might have, did have, a child in me? Even when I didn't."

The last words came out strained on a breathless admission. Her whole body tensed as she understood my subtle accusation. Someone on her side, our side, knew that I might be carrying a child, and they knew how to find me, where I lived. Someone in her ranks was betraying her. The growl that came from her scared me as I tried to pull out of grip, but she only tightened her presence. She suddenly pulled me quickly towards the room, half carrying, half pulling me. I grounded my feet and stopped her.

"You can't just go in there with a hot head baby," she instantly morphed to a more compassionate emotion, "if someone is playing both sides, how would you find out? By storming in there and suggesting anyone could be a double agent?" she shoved me against the wall hard. I gasped at the motion as she kissed me fiercely. I didn't care where we were, or why we were, I kissed her back clutching her neck harshly as our tongues mingled with an understanding of commitment that we both were teetering around.

"Do you trust me?" she was serious, but I giggled until her face showed regret. I cleared my throat, "More than I want to," I whispered my admission. She captured my lips again.

"Follow my lead, we need to make a divide in the council before I can start coming up with suspects," I nodded in agreement. She squeezed my hand in front of the doorway as I tried to comfort her.

"You know, I've never been politically savvy, what if I give our plan away too early?" I was worried. It was a good plan to try and divide the council, but what if I couldn't keep my cool? I had never been a great liar, and deception, even if righteous was never something I excelled at. "Maybe I should sit this one out," she squeezed my hand.

"You are my mate, my better half, you keep me grounded, you keep me on my toes, I need your not politically savvy mind to tell me when I'm being irrational, as you just did," she tipped my head from the chin and kissed me again leaving me breathless.

To say the room was tense would be an understatement. It was clear the suggestion of taking an offense weighed heavily on every member.

"As you all have gathered, my mate and I have been attacked," no one moved waiting for her 'opening statement'. "If anyone in this room had lost a child, we would act accordingly. I only ask that you submit the terms we have dictated our packs too. An attack on a child is unforgivable. An attack on an unborn child is meant to declare war." The room was so silent, I was sure they could hear my heart throbbing with stress. "We cannot allow this breach of morals to be dictated by the probability of success. If we allow them to slaughter our young before first breath, will we then allow them to interfere with prospective mates? To murder those who are genetically inclined to become future mates? How would you feel if you found out your daughter, your son, missed out on the blessing of Luna because someone without a pure line was POSSIBLE to be their mate? Can we stand by and let them dictate our bloodlines by means of genetic anomalies? Can we sit idly by as innocent humans and half breeds alike are killed on a probability?"

The room went quiet as each person contemplated the implications of allowing a group of people to kill supposed mates of their offspring. "While we have a closer relationship with humans than they do, does that mean we will sacrifice for all humans, NO! It means we sacrifice for those who are human that become one of us, isn't that what we are fighting for? For justice and submission to Luna's will?" Some members shifted in their seats.

"If we relent on this topic, I never would have found my human mate, and discovered that she can provide offspring for our pack." She nuzzled my neck as I shivered at the loss I participated in one way or another. "We adhere and submit to Luna, about all creatures, not just our own. It is with this conviction that I suggest we formally declare war." There were a few murmurs now in the council. "Luna will guide us, has guided us, and we would be remiss to dismiss her conclusions, even if the odds are insurmountable." Her final statement gave me chills.

Charlotte's mother stood now as the room went silent, "I call for a motion, for or against war," her eyes met mine briefly with a small smile. The room erupted as Charlotte stroked my hair from behind.

"All those against?" Her words silenced the debating. She counted for a moment then continued, "All those in favor," the room was silent.

"Let the record show, seven in favor, and six against," the animosity was organic in the arguing. The gentleman who spoke earlier, looking like Mr. Rogers, stood.

"Alpha, your mate," he seemed to gesture for a name that no one produced, "has not cast a vote, while her presence isn't official, should her voice not be counted because of the lack of ritual?" I didn't completely understand his words, but they were asking what my vote was? I shuddered as Charlotte held up her hand.

"In the matter of for or against war, what vote do you place," she stared at me as I turned to meet her gaze. I didn't know what would happen if the votes were evenly matched. But the implications of my contribution hit my stomach like a rock. I thought back to the assumption that someone here, or close to Charlotte, used their position to take away my child, our child.

"For," I announced almost inaudibly. I expected the room to explode into commotion at my tie dictating vote. But it was silent. Charlotte's mother, whom I still didn't have a name for, stood.

"As with tradition, a tie shall be broken by classic challenge," the room took her in respectively. "As the seated Alpha do you submit," she gazed at Charlotte just as I did.

"Aye," Charlotte stated without hesitation as she pulled me close to her. I stroked her side in support, not even knowing what it was that I supported.

"And for the side against the proposition, who will represent?" Everyone's gazes flitted around the room to one another. There was a small exchange between Derrick, the Mr. Rogers look alike, and the blonde haired man who I thought should have an English accent. They seemed to argue for a few seconds until the older man teared up and nodded his agreement.

"I, Jeffrey, the heir to the northeast clan, submit myself for representation of disagreement," he stood proudly and spoke with command as his muscles seemed to ripple under his button up shirt with each syllable.

"Very well," Charlotte's mother admitted. "As former Alpha, I, Rebecca, take on the role of mediator." This all seemed very formal for a debate between two poised opponents. "Let the council records show a submission between Charlotte, Alpha of the Midwest, and Jeffrey, future Alpha of the northeast clan, has been witnessed and will be carried out." The room seemed to agree with their silence. "Shall we use the backyard?" her eyes twinkled as my mouth dropped open.

Everyone ushered themselves out of the room as Charlotte tugged me along behind them all.

"What does she mean, the backyard? Surely that room is suitable for a debate," I was confused as I followed everyone while her fingers linked in between mine.

"The last time we had a tiebreaker in the boardroom," she chuckled as her eyes glinted with an anxious wolf, "we had to buy all new furniture." I tried to stop her pulling as I slowly started to wrap my head around her suggestion.

"So you mean, wait, you're going to fight him? How could you do that? What if I lose you?" I was becoming hysterical now. Although I wasn't certain what my relationship with Charlotte was, or was becoming, I certainly didn't want it to end here and now, not unless I made that choice. As we crossed the threshold of the outside door and back onto the patio, I remembered her fucking me in front of the pack from here, she pressed me against the railing and emptied my head with a searing kiss as she stroked my stomach under my shirt.

"He is mistaken to think the retribution boiling in my blood for our child won't allow me to win, he thinks," she leaned into my ear and whispered with hot breath, "he thinks I will be blinded by rage. And when he wins, he will gain my clan as well as the respect from the others." I clutched her tighter not wanting her to do this, to subject herself to fight this challenging male.

She kissed me with a passion that we had been missing, "for our child, love, I will fight any breathing entity to the ends of the world," I glanced into her changing eyes as she started to shed clothes. I stepped away and witnessed Jeffrey doing the same. They both stood naked on the grass below the porch, pacing in a circle together in a choreographed dance.

"As we make to break this tie, are you ready Jeffrey?" He chuffed through a change as his wolf broke the surface with a howl of commitment. He was large, much larger than Charlotte. His dark brown, yet somewhat still blonde fur, was just as impeccable as his human hair cut. Not a single hair was out of place. He shook and howled into the air with the support of those who voted against starting war.

"Are you ready Charlotte?" her mother asked. Charlotte changed much faster than Jeffrey did, with only a blink to miss the motion. She didn't howl like he did, she looked right at me and licked her lips. My insides are heated at seeing her primal form. My wolf howled at her shape and wanted to join, but I pushed it down as best as I could. This was something neither I nor my wolf could interfere with.

"Begin," Charlotte's mother declared from the steps on the porch. Her eyes trained on them both as a referee would in a boxing match. Snarls escaped them both as they charged one another. They collided and tumbled as my throat caught in my chest, I couldn't stop myself from advancing towards the fight, but Ethan was there first. He held me tight and tried to restrain me.

"She will win Alpha, let her do this, she needs to show her power," I struggled against his grasp, but stopped trying to push forward. Charlotte seemed to lick her lips with blood lust as the two strike claws and bared teeth towards one another.

Their movements were much too fast for me to follow as my wolf howled inside with the promise of being able to keep track if I just let her out. Ethan dug his hands into the bites on my shoulder trying to keep my wolf at bay as I gasped out in pain. The moment distracted Charlotte as Jeffrey clamped down on her neck when she looked at me. She howled in pain and writhed beneath Jeffrey's torturous squeezing.

Mr. Rogers' doppelganger, Derrick, pressed towards me, "You must restrain her, I will not see my son win by default," he grabbed some metal that was hanging on the porch railing and thrust it at Ethan, who instantly handcuffed me in a painful material that burned my wrists. I couldn't help but relate the metal to the ones used by those who took my child from me. I thrashed about, causing the metal to dig further into my wrists. I fell to my knees as images from my dreams of a limping, wounded, dying Charlotte hit me tenfold. Ethan allowed me to collapse fully, as I relinquished the tears fighting for release. I couldn't make much out from the swirling patterns of fur bounding against one another. I could only feel a sudden peace as Nana spoke to me.

"Have you met Charlotte yet? Do tell her that I'll come back from the grave if she doesn't imprint you properly," her words echoed in my head, as I laid on my side, and tried to regain composure. It was only a few more seconds, but felt like hours before Charlotte had Jeffrey pinned by his neck beneath her. The blood from both of them mingled together and I couldn't tell where his wounds started and hers ended.

"Release," Charlotte's mother declared. Charlotte instantly let go of Jeffrey who whimpered into a sitting position, as he remained submitted on his belly.

"I declare Charlotte the winner of the tiebreaker," the audience clapped, actually clapped, as I closed my eyes, willing all of this to be a dream.

"Finish the claim and take his clan under your protection as your own," her words were ceremonially, but Charlotte shifted and stood facing her mother.

"No," she stated, as I tried to look towards her against the handcuffs behind my back.

"What do you mean no? Surely I don't have to remind you of the process of tiebreaking. He has submitted to you, take him and display your dominance," Charlotte's mother seemed agitated.

"NO!" Charlotte yelled, although now in human form, her words were still accompanied with a growl. Jeffrey shifted to human form with a whimper as both were covered in blood that no one could tell the origin of. He stayed on the ground, his heavy breathing the only indication of life.

"I respect the challenge, and I accepted it, I wish everyone under me to adhere to the rules of the clan, but also," she spent time looking at each person in the audience that was awaiting her words, "I appreciate a challenge to my ways. I am nothing without the acceptance of a disagreeing council. I do not find death to be a suitable punishment for citing concerns of pack choices, and being wrong." She met my eyes before reaching a hand down to Jeffrey. He took it with a confused look as she pulled him up and they stood beside one another.

"My mate," everyone looked at me, "has reminded me that I am nothing without others, I am nothing without opposition." I shook and wanted to wrap my hands around her in condolement, but I was still bound lying on my side. "A gracious leader listens to their people, does not punish them for having different opinions." A few members gasped.

"Charlotte, dear, certainly you understand the reasons these traditions and events are necessary?" Her mother seemed to come unhinged slightly, but only for a moment.

"Yes mother," her eyes seared into the statement. "But perhaps our archaic traditions need a transition." She slowly walked to me with a lip that made my lips tremble. "But if we followed the guidance of Luna, that we don't need other restrictions, is that not what this war is about?" She glanced around at all the members. "We fight to uphold the destiny of Luna, the destiny of which, I ignored when I found my mate." She nodded to Ethan who instantly unlocked my cuffs, I rubbed the bruised area as I sat up.

"I used pack tradition to dictate how I should court my mate," her lips trembled only for a second. "If I trusted what Luna was telling me, instead of bowing to old traditions, we wouldn't have lost our child." My eyes teared up at her confession. "I put the pack traditions ahead of what my wolf was screaming I should do, that I should have waited, should have explained the nature of our beings." Her head fell with the confession. She knelt on the steps before me.

"I ask that you find it in your heart to forgive the choices I made that put the pack before you, my one true mate," she clasped at my knees and I froze. "I should have listened to Luna, trusted Luna, she tested my faith and I failed. We must allow Luna to guide us to whatever decisions she gifts us with."

"We fight to honor the signs and blessings of Luna, in whatever form they may take," she stroked my thigh as I bit my lip, fighting the urge to throw myself into her arms at her serendipitous apology.

"We must solidify our resolve as those who ask for Luna's guidance, who follow that guidance, even when," she clutched my cheeks, "we are met with strong opposition to do something different." I clutched her bloody hands in mine as she held my face.