All Comments on 'Blue Ridge Romance Ch. 02: Darlene'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 4 years agoAuthor

Part 3 is coming soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

Great story! Loved the way you work the love angle and what happens. Thanks for your time and imagination. 5 stars.

RedRhythmicSerpentRedRhythmicSerpentalmost 4 years ago
Ouch, love hurts.

He made the right call. Can't honestly say I enjoyed this chapter, but just because of the betrayal, not from any lack of writing skill. Interested to see where it goes from here.

MrOuchMrOuchalmost 4 years ago

What he did to Darlene is understandable after what she did. What he did to Bobby’s family was just wrong! I was hoping he was doing it just to piss Bobby off and then not really going through with it. Nothing in the story tells me that. You’ve made me dislike your main character.

DunkirkDunkirkalmost 4 years ago

He needs to give Darlene another chance

DunkirkDunkirkalmost 4 years ago

Hopefully the baby is rays

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks, everyone for your comments. To the anon who raved out at me about "calling my mean and demeaning revenge story a romance":

1. Revenge was clearly marked in the tags, it's part of the character's makeup after being betrayed.

2. This is only part 2. I am almost done with part 3, and if you read it when it comes out you will see it is indeed a romance. As Faith said, "living in Hanson changes people."

- NOG77

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice Mind Fuck

The author didn't specifically show that the retribution he TOLD Ricky would be done, WAS actually done; now did he? I think it was a spectacular mind-fuck. Even when he finds out it isn't so, he WILL HAVE felt the pain, for more than a few days.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 4 years ago

Not as good as the first story die to the situation. This should of been put under another section as there's no romance in it, hopefully the next installment gives us a happy feeling instead.

cybojicybojialmost 4 years ago
To be betrayed like that

You become bitter and hateful. Been there. 5

rightbankrightbankalmost 4 years ago
difficult to read

it was way too dark for me

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Oh, you are brutal! But I grew up in that area and can resonate. Was this my favorite read? Hell no! But you still have me hooked. Still a hell of a fantasy and you are showcasing your breadth as an author. Going to be interesting to see how you pull this one out to the happy ending we saw in the first paragraph. You can see from the comments you are getting some pretty visceral reaction from your audience I just hope they will stick with it to the end.

5 stars! I appreciate some original thought from my authors.

Bring it home but keep it real.

SAGE

VerbaliniansVerbaliniansover 3 years ago

Did I have warm feelings after reading this story ? no ! Is it more real and true to life then MOST stories on this site ? YES

I watched a good movie quite a few years ago that I never understood back then. It’s called ‘man on the moon’ with Jim Carrey. It is based on the life of Andy Kaufman. I didn’t understand one of the main lines in the movie (IMHO) “I don’t care if people hate me, or love me, or want to kill me. I just want to see that I get a reaction out of them !” Life is full of good times, great times, so so times, boring times, hard times and unfortunately kick you in the teeth and make you want to die times !!! How can you TRULY, DEEPLY appreciate the really good times unless you get taken to the edge of sanity with regret and despair ! Is it the best way to look at life or even to live it ? Maybe not. BUT, kinda like the cliche goes “what doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger”. Unfortunately our world is FULL of crap, disease, death and destruction. Choosing to let those crappy things keep you down or just to quit does you no good. Most everyone loves an underdog story and I believe that is because we all secretly way deep down want to believe the ‘hard times’ are NOT ever the end of the story !! SO, I believe that the best we can do when we encounter the hard stuff is complain about it, wine about it, admit it, face it and THEN eventually DO something about it !! So ultimately did I like this story ? YES ! Do I want even HALF of the stories to be gritty and hard ? NOPE. But in my opinion sometimes you gotta open a lot of oysters before you find the pearl. And this story was a pearl for me :) 10 stars if possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked the story but you should remember the names of your characters - Bobby's girl on the tattoo, Billy when he shows up in person

SjtiernanSjtiernanalmost 3 years ago

As my step-father once said trust is like a tree. If you cut it down it takes a long time to regrow

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was so so. I cant relate to marrying the town slut because people with self image problems wreck everyones life. Just avoid them!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Excellent story! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING BLAZING STARS!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

Don't crush her only hope during drug rehab.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Only on page 1 but "I think I'm in love with you and I can only see our future"? Really? This simp fell in love that fast? That's not an admirable trait for a man. Real men shouldn't go through life like it's a fairytale. Very Very dangerous mindset for a young man.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

A bad situation causing some vitriol from readers but I think it's going well. Life isn't a bed of roses or even a box of chocolates.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Main character did right. Gotta leave that toxic situation behind

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

SIMILAR Stories