All Comments on 'Blue Ridge Romance Ch. 03: Forever'

by NewOldGuy77

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
My 2 cents

What a great story! I enjoyed reading it and even though you had some minor word errors, they did not take away from the story. I liked the way you put emotions into the story and used them to enhance the story. I liked the characters and gave the story a 5 star. Thanks for your time and imagination.

smiley666smiley666almost 4 years ago
Great

Thank you for this story showing how life can be. It shows that hate is only destroying while love can heal the wounds, no matter how long it takes. I enjoyed reading it because you never can be sure that you get into situations where you don't how you would react

SeanGregorySeanGregoryover 3 years ago

A great story and well written. I'm not enamoured with the way Ray's antagonism extended to the point that it so severely affected the lives of the drug dealer's family as punishment for Billy. I understand that it was a vehicle to show how Ray's personality was being eroded by the impact of Darlene's betrayal and he did manage to arrest it before more permanent damage was done, it still felt excessive.

In the end I really enjoyed the read.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Really

Really a great series. I'm glad he got the girl.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

OK I stuck with it to the end. Quite the fantasy but I bet if you keep writing and I sure hope you do in a couple of years you will wish you could have a do-over. My goodness you are talented and it show through. You are willing to take risk and tackle a very complex project with many levels of emotion and many diverse characters and carry it off well. My feeling is the story was a couple of chapters short. It needs more flesh out in the middle of the story. After all the dark revenge, hate and manipulation it feels like the recovery leading to the happy ending was rushed or conversely the revenge against the family was carried a little too far. Just some thoughts.

I did enjoy the fantasy and look forward to reading many more from you. Again you are a very talented author willing to take on very complex ideas and subject matter. We have enough stroker authors on this site we need more thought provoking storytellers. Keep writing it's going to be as interesting watching you mature as a writer as reading your material!

5 stars for both the story and your potential.

Keep writing please!

Cheers

SAGE

Cracker270Cracker270over 3 years ago

Old Sage-1 nailed it. I read his comments as I was trying to formulate mine. I agree completely. Looking forward to reading you grow.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Dark, very dark

I really like to get into a story and find someone, some character to root for, someone I can identify with. Did't happen here - not even close. Ray was a loser from day one. He got sent away from the home office to serve penance for his sins. And then he wastes his education, his people skills and prestige by falling for the town pump. A young woman without education, self esteem or skills. Why did he demean himself so badly. He managed to make the rounds of all the undesirable women available to him. Maggie and Faith were not much of a step up from Darlene. And then when Darlene sinks to the almost unimaginable depths of depravity he goes back to her. Makes no sense to me at all. Faith (a little) and Mike were the only people I had at least a bit of respect for. This was a town and a story full of low life people. If I come across as being somewhat snobbish and elitist, so be it, but I struggled to finish this tale and I'm up in the air as to whether it was just a complete waste of time or if there was some redeeming feature. The complexity of the story and the skill at pulling this together prompted me to give an overall rating of 4*, but I really didn't like it - it left a bad taste.

VerbaliniansVerbaliniansover 3 years ago

A good ending to an emotional tale. It seems that some people want a tale that has few struggles and rather a candy sweet fairytale to escape into. To each their own.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Nice, feel-good ending, to a solid storyline. Very enjoyable, and well planned. Every character was flawed, and every character was believable- it was like reading about real life people, under some extreme circumstances. Quite dark at various points, but whose life is perfect?

Yes, it’s hard to forgive when your fiancé cheats. It IS easier when mental illness is involved. BUT, by itself, mental illness isn’t always enough to rebuild a relationship. I’ve lived that path, but will never criticize someone for choosing to give another chance.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Didn't like the story. The whole town was filled with unscrupulous people. Even the hero in the story cruelly and without justification took revenge against innocent people whose only crime was being a relation to the drugged- out criminal. Taking back Darlene was ridiculous...she sank to such an extreme level of depravity that no sane person would reconcile their relationship. The two characters that I liked were Mike (he came around to be friendly) and Jessie. She (a totally innocent and good person) was willing to subject herself to the heinous depravations that our "hero" wanted to do to her, all to help her brother and father. But, well written. 4/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

No kink shaming, if he likes white trash that's his prerogative. He can't be so naive not to know she has probably been fucked by every nurse in the rehab clinic, and the first opportunity he travels for work somebody is going to take advantage of her submissive sluttiness though.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

"Nice, evenly balanced" is what she says when she cups his balls? It's funny when men write for women but have no clue how women talk.

Ravey19Ravey198 months ago

Yes, I agree with old sage.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

He should have got out after ensuring bobbies family was destroyed. Let them suffer for their brothers moral failures. Given what he done But then again revenge only hurts one’s selfs At least Darlene fessed up to her mistakes

willyk1212willyk12123 months ago

second time through good reed 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNewOldGuy77@NewOldGuy77
Male, living on the Pacific coast. I can see Japan from my house! UPDATE: January 1st, 2023 Currently experiencing an extended writer's block. What's up with that?!?!?! Most of my stories are longer ones. For those of you who invest the time to read them, I thank you, a...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories