Blue Skies of Bondi Ch. 04 - Record Time

Story Info
Taryn and Brian work with a hot producer and songwriter.
1.3k words
1.4k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
brethard
brethard
195 Followers

"I bet you could be bigger than Kylie ever was!"

"Please, Michael. No one could be bigger than Kylie ever was."

Taryn McCormack was trying to resist Michael Macquarie's latest plan for entertainment-world domination, but Michael knew it was only a matter of time before Taryn came around.

"You have a beautiful voice. The world needs to hear it. With the right producer and the right promotion, you could be the biggest singing sensation in the world. Back off, Beyonce. Tough shit, Taylor. To hell with Adele. You have what it takes to dominate the charts worldwide!"

"Really."

"Yes. Really."

"Brian, what do you think?"

Brian Beckett smiled as he sat across the office table from Taryn and Michael.

"It's like Eminem said. You can do anything you put your mind to."

--

First Fleet Records, like its sister movie studio, believed in Michael's vision, and brought in Luther Reed to produce Taryn's album. A Philadelphia native, Luther was credited for discovering the singing quartet LMS and leading them to four multi-platinum albums, before the group's bitter breakup.

Luther flew out to meet Taryn and Brian at the apartment they now shared in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. He took an immediate liking to Taryn and her diverse music tastes; in their discussion, they came up with the idea of creating the "ultimate pop" album, something that listeners regardless of background could find something of interest in. Brian couldn't help noticing how enthralled Luther was by Taryn. He also couldn't help noticing that the producer kept glancing at his face and chest as well.

Taryn mentioned that Brian was quite the poet, and raised the prospect of turning some of his poems into songs. Luther loved the idea, insisting that he wanted Brian to be a major part of this project. Taryn also asked if another lyricist could be brought onto the project as well.

Annie O'Driscoll Menzies was a 22-year-old singer/songwriter from Adelaide whose work Taryn had become obsessed with, ever since hearing her on Triple J during a visit back home the year before. Menzies, who performed under the name Seiznem, was quickly becoming a major name in Australia with her airy vocals, confessional lyrics and powerful stage presence. Taryn knew that having Seiznem on her album would give it the credibility it needed--and the success it needed, too.

Seiznem also flew to Brooklyn to meet Taryn and Brian. The moment she walked through the door Brian was overtaken by desire. She was tiny and very thin, pale as a ghost, with light-brown hair that flowed to her waist and piercing blue eyes. Her face and arms were covered with light freckles, and Brian imagined what it would be like to kiss each and every one while holding her in his arms. He sensed an immediate attraction between Seiznem and Taryn, too.

--

Luther, Taryn, Brian and Seiznem spent six months working on the album. Brian and Seiznem wrote over fifty songs together, fifteen of which would ultimately end up being used. The recording sessions at Sunset Sound in Hollywood and the Power Station in New York were filled with sensual energy; Luther at one point joked, "This whole album is about fucking." At one point, Taryn recorded the track "Firelight" in the nude; in the control room, Luther and Seiznem marveled at her tanned, toned body.

Michael and First Fleet Records put together a massive worldwide promotional tour for the album, which was ultimately titled "Taryn." (She wanted to title the album "Black Rooster," after her favorite track on the album, but Michael and Luther convinced Taryn that the tabloids would claim the title was a cheeky reference to Brian's penis.)

The tour helped to make "Taryn" a moderate international hit, but the album failed to yield a single Grammy nomination, dashing Taryn's hopes of at least winning Best New Artist. The album fared much better at the ARIA Awards a few months later, winning Album of the Year. In her acceptance speech at the Hordern Pavilion, Taryn modestly declared, "Of all the awards I've won, this one means the most. I never, ever imagined that this moment would ever happen. Thank you so much for making this dream come true!"

After the awards show ended, Taryn, Brian, Luther and Seiznem made their way to the royal suite of the Sheraton Grand Sydney Hyde Park for a few bottles of wine to celebrate the ARIA win. The same erotic energy that dominated the recording sessions returned, and it wasn't long before dresses and tuxedos came off, and bodies began to wrap around each other.

It was full frenzy--Luther kissing Seiznem, Taryn kissing Luther, Seiznem kissing Brian, Taryn kissing Seiznem. At one point, as all four artists pounded against each other, Brian felt a heavy hand against his ass. He immediately knew it wasn't Taryn or Seiznem. He turned around to see Luther rubbing his bottom while kissing Seiznem.

Brian froze and didn't know what to do. He remembered Luther glancing at his face and chest when they first met, and knew this wasn't an accident. Luther broke his kiss and smiled at Brian.

"You like that?" Luther whispered.

"I'm...I'm straight," Brian muttered.

"You sure about that?"

Taryn and Seiznem looked at each other and smiled.

"I'm not...I'm not a gay man. I mean..."

Suddenly, Luther leaned over and kissed Brian, who was too stunned to resist. Luther then put his hands on Brian's smooth chest, and the warmth made him tremble.

Luther glanced at Brian's crotch. He was as hard as ever.

"You sure you don't like this, brother?"

"I'm not--I'm not..."

"Looks like you've got a little dilemma there," smiled Seiznem. "Actually, a big dilemma...do you need a little help with that?"

Seiznem's freckled hands grabbed Brian's firm and veiny penis, and she began to suck away. In a matter of moments, he came in her mouth. The room spun around and went black.

--

Brian stared at himself in the bathroom mirror. It was six in the morning, and Luther, Taryn and Seiznem were still asleep.

Brian still couldn't believe what had happened the night before. He didn't know why he didn't react. He didn't seem to even recognize himself.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the bathroom door.

"Come in," he whispered.

Taryn walked in and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Are you all right?"

Brian was on the verge of tears. "No."

"Why?"

"You know why."

"Because of last night?"

Brian nodded.

"It's all right."

"No, it's not all right."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not...I'm not...I can't be....I can't be...you know...queer. Not in public."

"Why not?"

"I just...I just can't...I wouldn't even know how to be..."

"How to be queer?"

"Do you know what they'd do to me if they ever found out? They'd kill me!"

"No one's gonna kill you..."

"I mean, my career..."

"It will be OK, I promise."

"Are you sure? How can you be sure?"

"It's always OK if you embrace who you are."

"But I'm not...I can't be..."

"You are, Brian. You're queer. You're bi."

"No..."

"Yes...you like guys and girls, and that's OK. I saw the look in your eyes when Luther kissed you."

"I can't believe this. I can't believe it."

"I can. I always knew. Maybe you didn't know before now."

"This is crazy."

"No, it's not. Look at yourself again."

Brian looked in the mirror as Taryn stood behind him.

"What do you see?"

"I don't know. I don't know anymore."

"I do. I see a beautiful, bi black man who I love with all my heart, and who has been the greatest thing to ever happen in my life."

Brian began to cry as Taryn wrapped her arms around him.

"Those had better be tears of joy," she whispered as she kissed his earlobe. "In fact, those had better be tears of pride."

brethard
brethard
195 Followers
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Blacked Cats Halloween with consequences.in Interracial Love
Family Affairs Ch. 01 Family begins to come together.in Interracial Love
Teacher of the Black Cocks Ch. 01 College prof blacked by a student.in Interracial Love
Emily's White Guilt How one woman deals with the inequality of the world.in Interracial Love
The Hard Sciences Pt. 01 A young black nerd discovers his potential.in Interracial Love
More Stories