All Comments on 'Blue Snow'

by Audacious_E

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
That took a dark turn.

Before reaching the end of he story, I thought about how it was developing. I was waiting for the Exhibitionist Voyeur element, then I realized it was in Noah's surreptitious viewing of Jesse's camming. So romance? A May-December thing blossoming between them? The idea that he would stumble upon her cam site, given the thousands of camgirls out there in the world, seems too far-fetched to me. Anyway, I thought to myself that my personal preference would have been a more organic progression. Living alone together, isolated, maybe they catch glimpses of each other in partially undressed states. But I accept stories as they are written and won't challenge the author's choice simply because it doesn't appeal to my own tastes.

But a sweet tail of love turned quickly dark and turned into rape and murder. Again, my own tastes run in the opposite direction. Personally, I don't find anything erotic about rape and murder.

So, the story left this reader feeling a little horrified. I'd like to suggest that when you intend to introduce such a dark twist to a story, you file it as a non-consent story. Thematically it is more accurate and it gives the reader a fairer warning than the disclaimer you attached at the beginning.

You're a good writer. This one just wasn't my cup of tea.

UnrighteousUnrighteousalmost 5 years ago

I'd also file this in another category. Great writing and tempo, just to dark and brooding for me.

I'll write it again: great writing.

athompsoathompsoalmost 5 years ago
OOF!

Wow, that went really dark, all of a sudden. Not in a good way. While the story is clearly crossing multiple categories, this needs to be in Reluct/Nonconsent. A huge trigger warning up front, at least.

The writing is quite good, but the plot arc is horrific.

ApplejackcellistApplejackcellistalmost 5 years ago
I felt cheated

This was going along just fine until the end. Dark doesn't begin to describe this story. I agree with the other commenters: It's horribly miscategorized.

Could have been a really good story: 4-5. Instead, it will get a 1 from me. I really hate when an author tosses in a tragedy just because. (Hated the ending of "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon")

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This was harsh

Took me from a great place to a dark corner. I really feel for Jessie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAudacious_E@Audacious_E
Straight male. I like a variety of roleplays. I can be sweet or vicious depending on what the situation calls for. I like a long detailed rp with an adequate setup. Only girls that can keep up and write decently, though. Let me know if you want to play. ***** (How I write...)...