Blue Waters in Your Eyes

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He did, but something's happened and he needs to be informed as soon as possible. Is he there?"

No, no, no. She'd been looking forward to this weekend for so long. Just one weekend to have her husband to herself, after months of his practically living at Molton & Kildare.

"Gladys, can't this wait until Monday?"

"I'm afraid it can't." Gladys's voice hardened. "Now if your husband is available, I'd like you to please put him on the phone."

Sybil stiffened. If this woman thought she'd buckle under a lecturing tone, she had another think coming. "Is this even urgent? What's it about?"

"Well, really! I can't give you details. It's confidential. You used to be his secretary, so I'm sure you know how confidentiality works. It's to do with the ChemTech litigation and that's all I can tell you. Now, is your husband there? I really must talk to him, Sybil. It's extremely important. I wouldn't have bothered him until Monday if it weren't."

Sybil considered lying. She could say Levi wasn't in the house. It wouldn't be any harm. Whatever had come up could wait, just for this weekend. This one tiny weekend.

She opened her lips to tell the lie, but was stopped by footsteps descending the stairs and Levi calling out: "Sybinha, have you seen my slacks? Not the gray ones you laid out yesterday. The black pair." He entered the kitchen. His eyes zeroed in on her. "Who's on the phone?"

Busted.

Sybil held the receiver out to him. "It's for you," she sighed, hating being forced into the admission. "It's Gladys. She wants to talk to you. She says it's urgent but she won't tell me what it's about."

A frown between his brows, Levi took the receiver. "Gladys. It's me. What's this about?"

He went silent, listening to whatever Gladys was saying. As he listened, he shut his eyes and put his hand to his temple, rubbing it as though what he was hearing was giving him a migraine. "And what did he suggest?" he asked into the receiver. Listening again, his mouth compressed. "He said that? Then he's a fucking fool."

He didn't raise his voice as he said this, but the words were glacial. This was a side of her husband Sybil hardly ever saw—a side that came out when he reached the end of his long fuse. She'd only ever seen him truly angry a few times, and she did not like it.

"Get the bastard on the phone now," Levi continued in that same tone. "Tell him to call me here at home. If you can't reach him, leave a message. Is Ian in the office? Have you spoken with Grant?" He paused to listen. "Good. Let him know as soon as he gets back. Tell him he's coming with us, and to bring all the medical casefiles. Book the three tickets on the first flight out to Boston. And send the fucking bill to ChemTech."

Levi replaced the receiver with a gentleness at odds with the anger rolling off him in waves. He didn't speak.

Sybil looked at him with a sinking heart. "Our weekend's canceled, isn't it?"

"Yes." He still had his fingers to his temple. "It's one of the suits ChemTech was refusing to settle. The plaintiff's just died. It may be the drug or it may not, but the family's pushing harder to continue litigation. Elliott wants to do the same, but this one's a suicide mission. Better to offer the family a quiet settlement than risk this going public. Fighting a grieving family reflects badly on a pharma company, no matter how strong their case." He turned away. "I'll leave for Boston after I tell Elliott what I think of him."

Sybil followed him out of the kitchen. "So you're just leaving? Boarding the next plane to Boston?"

"I have to," Levi replied without turning around. He was striding to the staircase. "Good thing I already started packing. Those slacks I asked you about—do you know where they are?"

"But our plans, Levi." She followed him up the stairs. "We've already booked the B&B. You're abandoning that?"

He still didn't turn around or stop moving. "I have no choice, Sybinha."

Damn it, it shouldn't be like this. He should at least look at her. She caught his arm. "Levi, I'm trying to talk to you."

This was when he turned on her; literally and metaphorically. "Look, Sybil, I realize you're disappointed. I am too. But a person has just died." His eyes bored into hers. "A person involved in an ongoing case has died and left a dirty mess that'll only get dirtier if I don't clean it up now. Is that clear enough for your comprehension?"

She didn't know which was worse; the words, the tone, the look on his face, or the fact that he'd just called her Sybil. Not Sybinha. The latter two things hurt her. The former two angered her. "There's nothing wrong with my comprehension. I'm not stupid, so don't you dare talk to me like I'm some dumb kid!"

"Then I suggest you stop acting like a dumb kid. You've been doing your best impression of one for months now, yet you're 20 years old."

"How would you know? You weren't there when it happened!"

"You're right. I wasn't. But I've apologized and it's your choice to either get the fuck over it or not. I'm done discussing it, and I'm not in the mood for any more whining."

Sybil stared at him, struck dumb. She couldn't have spoken if she'd been offered a billion dollars. He'd never spoken this harshly to her before. But he wasn't done. Oh no. He was only getting warmed up.

"I've had enough of your constant need for attention and stimulation. It's exhausting, and you need your fucking head examined if you think I'll put important things on hold to listen to more grumbling. Since you'd rather sulk about birthdays and B&Bs than be useful to me, stay the fuck out of my way."

He turned around again. Without a backward glance, Levi went the rest of the way up and into their bedroom.

Sybil stayed frozen on the staircase, both hands gripping the banister. Tears pricked her eyes. He'd belittled her and sworn at her. He had never done those things before. Ever. After standing there a full five minutes, she went downstairs to the kitchen, holding back tears. She wouldn't be in his way there. He'd told her to stay the fuck out of his way. She would.

For the next half hour, there were noises from the rest of the house; his steps on the stairs, the sound of drawers as he went through documents in his study, the phone ringing again, his clipped voice as he answered it.

She stayed put where she was, even when she heard the front door. Then his car engine revved and faded. He was gone. And she hadn't even gotten to ask him when he was coming home.

The tears she'd held back now spilled over. He'd sworn at her and belittled her because she wanted to spend time with him. It wasn't as if she was asking for a lot. Only one weekend after months of being ignored. And she was his wife of only five months. She was still his bride.

She went up to their room. The first thing her eyes landed on was the suitcase she'd packed for their weekend away. When she'd thought she'd finally have a few hours of his attention. But of course he couldn't spare her any. Day in, day out. Week in, week out. Month in, month out. Now he'd gone to Boston. He'd called her stupid and attention-seeking and whiny and exhausting, then gone to Boston.

The jerk.

Sybil took the suitcase, opened the closet and threw it in. She didn't want to look at it right now. It landed with a crash. The crash satisfied her, so she slammed the closet door. That was satisfying too.

She went over and sat on the bed, boiling. But she couldn't sit still for long. Needing activity, she went down to the living room, picked up the phone and dialed the operator. A few minutes later, she was put through to who she wanted.

"Hello," said the answering voice. "This is Mary-Kate Hammond."

"Mama, it's me."

"Oh. Sybil. Well, what's the problem?"

Sybil tapped the coffee table in irritation. "There's got to be a problem for me to call my own Mama?"

"Well, you never call. You haven't called in more than two months, so there's got to be something."

"There isn't," she snapped. "I just wanted to say hi." She took a calming breath. "Let's start over. How are you, Mama?"

Her mother answered that she was fine. They talked about general things, then the phone was passed to her Daddy and she chatted with him too. It was a long call, but Sybil was still antsy when she hung up. She leaned back in the armchair, trying to relax. Her nerviness eventually eased, but her anger remained. The jerk.

She closed her eyes.

Determined knocking at the front door was what got her to open them. Someone really wanted admission.

Sybil looked at the clock, her head heavy. It was nearly 6:00pm. She'd been asleep for the last two hours. She stood. There was a soreness in one side of her stomach, but she didn't have time to dwell on it because the caller was still pounding away. She hurried to the front door.

Opening it, she found herself looking at Ken Kildare.

In these past couple of months, Ken had been here several times, all connected with his duties as legal assistant on the ChemTech team. The sight of him didn't altogether surprise her.

"Ken. Good evening."

Ken took off his hat. "Good evening, Mrs. Castanheira."

Sybil stayed in the doorway, trying to blink residual grogginess away. "I'm sorry, but Levi isn't home."

"Yes. He's in Boston. I know all about that. I was in the office when we got the news. A pity for everyone."

"Okay, well, what can I do for you?"

"There are some documents Mr. Castanheira wanted me to collect. They're not in his office or with Gladys so I thought he might have mistakenly taken them home with him. Thought I'd come and check."

"You came all the way here for a few documents?"

"Yes." Ken smiled boyishly. "Aren't you going to let me in?"

"I..." Sybil hesitated. "I really don't think you'll find whatever you came for. The papers in Levi's study are organized with a system only he understands. Even I can't figure it out, and I went to secretarial school. You should wait until he gets back."

But Ken stepped towards the door. Politeness alone made Sybil move aside to admit him.

Ken entered, shutting the door behind him. "I know what the documents look like." He smiled again, his eyes holding hers. "I'll know them as soon as I see them. I'll just flick through whatever might be on his desk. I won't bother you too long."

Sybil hesitated again. He was already inside the house, so he might as well look. "Okay. But like I said, it's hard to understand his arrangement. It works for him but it makes no sense to anyone else."

"Don't worry, I'll just look quickly."

"Fine." She took a step back. "Would you like a drink?"

"Wouldn't mind at all." Ken hung his hat and took off his jacket.

Sybil left him in the hallway and went to the kitchen, switching lights on as she went. The soreness in her lower stomach remained. A few minutes later, she went to Levi's study with a gimlet. Ken was at the desk, some files open in front of him.

She came farther into the room, holding out the glass. "Found it yet?"

"No. You're right. It looks like there's a system, but I can't hack it. I can't find anything and all the drawers are locked."

"I warned you." Sybil handed him the drink. "You'll have to wait until you see him."

"Guess so." Ken took a gulp. "Won't you have a drink, too?"

"No." She perched on the arm of the other chair. "I haven't eaten since breakfast. Alcohol would go straight to my head."

"That's exactly why you should drink it." Ken winked. "Come on. Fix something for yourself. It's no fun drinking alone."

Sybil shook her head. She stayed perched on the chair, waiting for him to finish his drink and go. Still heavy-headed, she'd have preferred to sit quietly, but he kept staring at her so she had to break the silence. "How come you didn't go to Boston too?"

"Ian's a paralegal, so I guess your husband and Mr. Grant didn't think they needed me too."

"Oh," she replied.

Glass in hand, Ken ambled towards the chair she was perched on. "A shame your husband had to rush away. I understood from Gladys that you two would have been at a cozy little B&B right about now."

A combination of resentment, irritation and discomfort came over Sybil. "Yes," she said without elaborating. It was none of his business.

"I'd hate that if I were you." Ken took another gulp. "It's been crazy at the firm all because of ChemTech. I've been worried about you, you know. In this house all alone with no friends of your age. Of our age."

Sybil watched his advance. "Thanks for your concern." Slowly, she got to her feet. "But I have plenty of friends of all ages."

"Really?" He grinned, eyes twinkling. "Where are all these friends you speak of? You were all on your lonesome till I came to rescue you."

"I thought you came to find documents."

He stopped near her, the gleam in his eyes. "Maybe I lied."

Sybil's mouth dropped. "Did you?"

"Yes." He set his glass down. "I wasn't sure you'd let me in if I told you the truth." His voice got low and serious. "There are no documents, Sybil. I only wanted to see you. I couldn't pass up this chance to be alone with you for once." He snatched her hands. "Ever since the day I met you—"

"Shut up."

"I won't. You've been filling my head since I met you. I think about you all the time. Every time your husband leaves the office to go home to you, I'm miserable. I think of you waiting naked for him like you said that first day, and it kills me. I see the way he looks at you like he owns you, and it kills me and I have to hide it. It's hell for me." Holding fast to her hands, Ken drew her nearer. "You're so young. Why should he be the one who has you? You should be with me. He should be with someone his age, but he took you and keeps you locked up here."

She glared at him. "You're talking nonsense. He's only 32, and it's not like he kidnapped me. I can go wherever I want, whenever I want. He even taught me how to drive."

Ken pressed her close. "But you're not happy. I see it. He left you all alone. He shouldn't have done that to you. A girl like you deserves better. I'd never do that. I'd treat you so much better." He leaned in, catching her lips with his. The kiss was hasty, eager, boyish. His commonplace cologne filled her nostrils. She tasted the cocktail on his breath.

"I want to make you feel good," he said against her lips. "I've wanted to since we met, but I never had a chance. Give me a chance. I won't make you sad like he does." His fingers went to the buttons of her dress, undoing the first two. Cool air hit her skin.

His hands as hasty as his kisses, he undid more buttons and pushed her dress straps down her arms.

"Ken—"

"Shh. Please, Sybil. Please. Just let me touch you. It'll feel so good."

He tugged her bra straps down, exposing her without needing to fumble with her bra clasp. He kneaded her bare breasts with no finesse. It didn't feel good. Actually, it didn't feel much like anything. All she could feel was the grogginess of her head and that dull ache in her lower stomach.

Then, suddenly, he was urging her down to the chair. She had to clutch him to keep her balance. She held onto him as they sank to the chair together. Her bra and the top half of her dress were around her waist. His hands ran over her thighs. He kissed her again, grinding against her. Now she could feel his erection pressing into her stomach. His hand slipped between their bodies to his pants, fumbling with the fastening.

So fast. This was happening so fast. Her head spinning, Sybil looked down at their bodies.

Ken had unzipped his pants. As his fly opened and he shoved his pants down to his knees, something fell out of the pocket. A little square object with rolled-up plastic inside it.

A condom. He'd brought a condom with him.

As he pulled his underwear down, her eyes went to his penis. She studied it through a haze of curious apathy. It was the only other penis she'd seen except for Levi's.

Ken snatched the condom from the floor, ripping it open and rolling the plastic over his erection.

Was he going to put it in her just like that? Without giving her an orgasm first? Levi always brought her to climax before entering her. Didn't every man do the same? Before she had time for further thought, he was kissing her again. He moved her dress farther up her hips, eager hands tugging her panties down. His hips moved searchingly over hers.

Why wasn't he taking this slower? Why was he in such a hurry? Why was her brain disconnected from her body? Shouldn't he make her climax first? It was the right thing to do. It was what Levi always did.

"You're amazing," Ken whispered, running his hands over her hips again. Positioning himself between her folds, he pushed in. His plastic-wrapped penis sank into her.

The penetration was uncomfortable. Maybe because he hadn't touched her the correct way first. The way Levi touched her. Ken began to move, thrusting firm and deep. His face was buried in the curve of her throat. He was moaning. The moans told her he was enjoying this, but how could he be? There was no real sensation. If anything, it was annoying because her hips kept hitting the chair legs and he didn't seem to care.

This didn't feel like it did with Levi. She felt used, and not in a good way. She felt cheap. She never felt cheap with Levi...

Levi.

There was a man inside her, and he was not Levi Castanheira.

It was like being slapped from deep slumber. Dragged into sunlight after stumbling in fog. Everything connected. She was awake now.

Sybil raised her hands, hitting Ken's chest with her fists. "You bastard!" she screamed. "You bastard!"

Ken lifted his head, eyes glazed over in pleasure. "What...? But, baby, I...I'm..." His eyes closed. "I'm..." He thrust into her again. Once. Twice. Three times. He moaned loudly for several seconds, pushing deeper still. Then he slumped over her, breathless.

Hatred filled Sybil. She detested the weight of his body. She loathed the stench of his cologne. She despised his gin-tinged breath. She hated Ken Kildare. God, how she hated him. He'd ruined everything. He'd tainted her.

"Get off me!" She bucked wildly against him. "Get off me, you bastard! Get the hell off me!"

He pushed off from her. She bucked him off at the same time. Knocked off balance, Ken landed on his haunches. He steadied himself on one arm, his breathing still erratic. The semen-filled condom slipped off his softened penis and plopped onto the floor.

"Hey, hey." He raised a hand in a placating gesture. "What's gotten into you? What's the problem?"

Sybil shot up. "The problem?" She got to her knees, pulling her panties up. It was a herculean task with how much she was trembling. "You want to know the problem?" She replaced her bra straps. "The problem is that you're an ingratiating little brown-noser." She stood, barely keeping balance on shaky legs. "You kiss up to my husband, but you come here as soon as he turns his back. After what he's done for you. Teaching you. Training you. Inviting you to his house. But you still schemed and lied and touched me. You touched me."

Her voice broke. Scalding tears sprang to her throat. He'd touched her. She'd been with another man. She couldn't undo that. This stain could never be washed away. The hatred for Ken Kildare churned in her. She hated him like she'd never hated anyone or anything in her entire life.

Vicious fury bloomed. She needed blood. Her eyes shot around, looking for any object that could cause harm. Her parents kept guns lying around. A pity Levi didn't do the same. He'd turned in his service weapons when he was discharged, but he still had one gun from his time as a soldier. It was a handgun; a capture weapon from Fornovo that he kept locked in the nightstand upstairs.

With no weapon handy, Sybil settled for brute force. She surged forward, slammed her fists to Ken's shoulders and shoved him.

1...45678...15