BMB: Version 1-1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tommy left my office angrily on Thursday morning, January 4, and I was just sitting at my desk trying to calm down from our argument. Oh! I was so mad at him! I was still reeling from the idea that Tommy was taking some girl as a date to his cousin's wedding. The whole Parker family was going, and though I knew I couldn't go with him because of the rule, I could not stand that he'd decided to bring a date.

One of the other employees, Ryan, came into my office just after Tommy had left. He had no idea that we'd been in an argument, not to mention an argument that couldn't be heard by anyone lest we give away our relationship. I shook myself out of the stupor I was in and tried to smile up at him. He looked excited about something.

"I just quit!" Ryan announced making Dougie turn suddenly in his chair. "I walked in and told Tom I didn't want to work here anymore and told him I was finishing my shift tomorrow and would like my check to come in the mail. I already have a gig lined up to start next month, so I'm free and covered too! Isn't that great!"

"Oh, Ryan," I reacted hesitantly. I wasn't really thrilled to know we were losing someone, though Ryan didn't seem to care about the work, the company, or the rules much. Particularly the rules. He would make nasty comments on occasion about how wrong it was for Tom to impose that rule on us about dating. While I agreed, I did see the point of it. Ryan, however, did not.

"Well, you know," Ryan continued, "that does mean that I can hang out with anyone I want now, doesn't it?"

"Oh, well," I said before pausing for a brief moment, "yeah, I guess it does, at least here at work. What were you thinking?"

"So, you're interested?"

"Oh, um, me?"

"Well, yeah," Ryan said as if it were obvious. "I mean, there's always been the connection, you know?" I didn't know, and I refused to look at Dougie because I knew he was going to laugh when he saw the look of concern on my face. While we couldn't be out in the open about it, I knew the only person I'd ever shown romantic interest in was Tommy.

"Oh, Ryan, I don't know," I answered slowly. "I mean, I would feel awkward having just been your co-worker for this long. I kinda plan to stick to the one-year agreement, even if you aren't here anymore. That just wouldn't seem right."

"Well, let me tell you what I was thinking, and you can decide, alright?" Ryan said rather hastily and as if he hadn't heard my reasoning. "A group of guys and I are going snowmobiling this Saturday. We have this trip planned, and I think it'd be great to have you come along. You'll have your own sled. You've ridden before, right?" Before I could answer, he continued. "So, there will be a dozen of us out there. Think about it. I'll give you the info. I'll drive you there. All you'll need is the snow gear."

"Huh, well, let me think about it."

"Not a lot to think about, Trin," Ryan answered and shook his head. "You know, it wouldn't have been so bad, that rule, if he'd have just done some activities. I mean, skating last September? That was the last time! What happened to fall stuff and sledding and motorcycle rides last summer? I mean, it's a bike shop! You can't tell me he couldn't have planned to do those things as a large group activity once a month even, just to let us have some fun together. But hey! I'm done now. Let's start my new life off with a bang, right?"

"I'll, um... Give me until noon, alright?" I requested and then nodded as he left the office. I still hesitated to look back at Dougie. I had to think on this. What Ryan had said about group activities was right on. I mean, come on! Where had all that stuff gone? Why hadn't we done any of it? Maybe that should have been part of my job. The idea part or organizing it after it was announced, anyway. The least Tom could have done was made an effort if that damn rule was so important.

And, besides, if Tommy could take a date to the wedding, I could go do something fun with a friend, right? I was ignoring the part of my brain which was screaming at me that this was probably a bad idea. It was clear that Ryan, the (four years) younger guy who'd worked at BMB only a month longer than I had, seemed to have a crush on me. And I was fully aware that the guy asking me to go out had other intentions than just friendship in mind. And I also knew that part of me wanted to go just to spite Tommy.

"Can I tell you something?" Dougie requested when I still hadn't looked at him and hadn't done any more work either.

"What?" I answered.

"Um, I just want you to know the plans for this weekend," Dougie explained. "I'm leaving a copy of the itinerary on my desk in case you want to look at it."

"I won't," I told him angrily.

"Still, that's why I'm telling you what's on it. First, Dad and Michelle are heading there tomorrow and plan to stay at the hotel as it's an hour away. They're making it a romantic getaway. Second, Tommy, Max, and I are driving together in one car, and Pat and Rose will be in their car. We're driving straight there on Saturday. We leave at 3PM."

"Who's Max?"

"Um, she's going with us to the wedding." My stomach churned and I rolled my eyes.

"We're driving home that night, so we'll be here all-day Sunday," Dougie announced. "Um, so can I just say one more thing?" He didn't wait for my response. "Tommy's not the only one not able to bring his best girl, Trin. I hate that I can't bring Jen. This rule is about more than just you two, you know."

"You aren't bringing a date though," I countered and sighed. And that did it. I was mad, and I had an opportunity to do something with someone, so I was going to do it.

I got up and went down to the main floor to find Ryan. I didn't wait for him to acknowledge me. "You know what? I'd be thrilled to go snowmobiling with you this Saturday, Ry," I told him and nodded. "Got a time for me to be ready? And where are we going?" He quickly wrote down the details and told me to meet him there at the shop where he knew I could keep my car parked.

"I'll pick you up at 8AM here," he told me and nodded. "I knew you'd come around. The trails are awesome. We'll be out there all day, and we'll have food and stuff." He slammed his locker and grabbed the bag he'd packed. When I gave him a curious look, he smiled. "Tom told me he didn't need me anymore, so he told me to pack up and leave. Nice, right? I'll see you here Saturday morning." He turned and walked away.

Huh, that was abrupt. Still, I was certain there was more to the story. He was a little too cocky. Ah well, whatever. I turned and walked back to my office. Dougie shook his head.

"Don't do it, Trin," he warned. "Have you checked the weather? It's supposed to be super cold, like arctic temps, Trin. It could be dangerous."

"I'll dress warm," I argued and shook my head. "I have a right to go out and have a good time too, Doug," I told him and stood up. "So, I think that's what I'm going to do."

"Make sure you let Jen know where and when and with who and all that stuff, please," he called to me as I walked toward the breakroom. Jen was watching me, so I went in her office instead.

"Why is my love yelling at my best friend... again?" Jen asked me with her most friendly voice after I'd closed her door and sat down in front of her desk.

"Tommy is taking a date to the wedding this weekend," I told her and put my head in my hands. "Why would he do that, Jen?"

"I'm sure there's a logical explanation," Jen reasoned and came around to sit on her desk in front of me. "So... what did he say was the reason?"

"Why would he bring a date unless he needed a date, Jen?" I asked and rolled my eyes. "It's just interesting. Dougie isn't bringing anyone, and he's going to the same wedding. I just find it... interesting."

"But Trinity, what was his reason?"

"I don't know," I answered and huffed. "We fought. He got mad. He left. Ryan came in. He quit, by the way. He invited me to go snowmobiling with a group on Saturday. I'll be leaving the information on the kitchen table in case you need it. That was what your boyfriend was yelling at me about when I left the office."

"Wait," Jen said quietly. "You're going on a date with Ryan?"

"Well, I don't know if that's what I'd call it. He asked me to go do something with a dozen other people. I don't know. It's snowmobiling! I haven't been out with a group doing something fun since September! I'm tired of waiting for Tom to pick something! If they're going to be busy doing stuff, I can go out and do something too." I was sick of feeling bad about something I really didn't feel like feeling bad about. I huffed, stood up, turned to face the door, and walked out.

"Trin?" Jen called and stood up. I ignored her and walked back to my office.

I tried working on the project I had been completing and then sighed when I realized I wasn't making any headway. I let out a huge sigh and changed my focus to the real matter at hand. What could we do as a group to boost morale? Was this stupid rule really going to push a wedge between all of us? I began researching team building projects and places to go to have some fun as a group.

That night, I kept my distance from Tommy, and other than tools banging on the main floor or typing and paper shuffling from my office, no noise could be heard. There was especially no talking. At dinnertime, I waited for Tommy to go and eat his lunch first, and then I went to the breakroom once he'd gone back downstairs.

It was at closing time that things got heated again. "I know you're mad, but Trin, I'm telling you..."

"Save it, Tommy," I interrupted him just as I'd done when he'd tried to explain things earlier that morning. "I went ahead and made plans for the weekend. Go have fun on your little date. I'll have fun on mine."

"Trinity," Tommy sighed and reached out to touch my hand as we headed for our vehicles. "Please don't do something we'll regret."

"We'll regret?" I asked and gasped. "Please. I'm joining a friend and about a dozen others for some innocent snowmobiling, Tommy. I'm sure I won't regret having a fun time in a large group for the first time in a really long time."

"You told me you owed me one," he called to me before I could get into my car. "I'm calling you on it. Come here, please."

"Tommy," I said with hesitance.

"Trinity, come here, please," he insisted. I sighed and gave in. I walked over to stand in front of him. He took my hand and guided me to the side of the building where no one could see us. "I made this 'date,'" he said with air quotes, "before I met you. I promise. It's not a big deal, and it kinda works out because I can't bring the woman I love." I gasped and looked up into his eyes.

"I love you, Trinity. I want to be with you. I want to take you to the wedding as my date and take you away for a whole weekend too, but I can't, and I know in your heart, you know that. So, I'm begging you. Don't do something we'll regret this weekend."

"Tommy," I whispered and put my forehead down on his chest. "I know you have to go, and I want you to go, but I am so mad that I can't be with you. I love Sam and Tina! I hate that I can't be there to celebrate with them and dance with you and stay with you to continue celebrating at the hotel. It's not fair!"

"I know, Trin," Tommy agreed and lifted my chin to encourage me to look into his eyes. "I really don't think Dad knows or he wouldn't be putting us through this, especially where weddings are concerned. I agree, it's not fair. It is the rule, and until July rolls around, we have to abide by it. Do you still want to be with me?" I felt my eyes filling with tears and closed them which only made several of them fall at the same time. "Tell me, Trinity."

"You know I do," I confessed and let out a little sob.

"We have to go," he told me and lifted my chin once more. "Can I give you a kiss? I know it hasn't been..."

He stopped talking when I hurried to wrap my arms around his neck and pulled him in for an incredibly passionate kiss. It was like I had to feel his lips on mine or I'd have died right then. When I pulled away, I hugged him tightly before letting go.

"Promise me, Trin," he requested.

"I promise," I replied and began walking back to my car.

"Now, let's end this night like every other," he suggested. "Don't want to jinx it." He raised his hand, and I slapped it with mine. The Thursday night high five. It was a must. "G'night, Trinity. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah, you will," I said quietly and nodded as I got into my car to head home.

Friday morning, I walked into Tom's office and sat at his desk. He wasn't busy with much, so he set down the folder in his hand and folded his hands in front of himself to give me his fullest attention. "To what do I owe this honor, Trinity?"

"I think we need to institute group activities once a month, at a minimum," I added, "to boost morale and help us get through this rule you've inflicted." I guess I wasn't mincing words this morning.

"Well, tell me how you really feel," Tom told me with a hint of surprise. When I opened my mouth to say more, he put up his hands and stopped me. "I was being facetious, Trin. Well, what do you suggest?"

"Well," I began and set a file on his desk, "the roller skating went over well, but that was the last time we really did something together as a group. What about a whole team bike ride? What about going to a ballgame? What about snowmobiling?"

Tom sat back and returned his hands to his folded position. "All of these are excellent ideas. Why don't we sit here and look at a calendar and work on the plans for this year? You'll be the one, if you're willing, that is, to set up a plan for each event. You'll need to find out group rates and contact people and confirm dates and make sure each team member plans to go."

"I'd like to do that," I told him quietly. "I love that stuff."

"I know you do, Trin," Tom answered and shook his head. "Why didn't you bring this idea to me last year?"

"What kind of money do I have to work with?" I asked and ignored his question. I knew he was teasing since I had been so new and didn't know the ropes even when we did the skating thing. "And I think more would be willing to participate if they didn't have to pay. And even better if there were amenities like food and one or two drinks at a ballgame or a bonus meet and greet with the team or something."

"Your job will be to look up those things and estimate a cost so I can figure that out. Don't hold back, but don't give away the farm either." He was quoting me when I had said that at a meeting once. Each team member had looked at me like I was crazy. I had to explain the context of what I was saying, and the laughs grew louder as I spoke. Once they'd looked it up and realized it was a midwestern, commonly used statement, they all apologized and told me that I had been unfairly laughed at. Now they tended to use the phrase way more than necessary, but always in the correct manner.

"Alright, let's take out a calendar and see what we can fill in," Tom suggested and leaned forward. "And Trinity, thanks for doing this. With Ryan's sudden need to just up and leave, well, I was caught off guard. And you, Tommy, Dougie, and Jen don't seem to like the rule the most. I don't know what that's about, but at least this could help boost the morale of the team and help us all to have a fun time."

We worked on ideas together and laughed and planned and shared which got me set up to make a lot of calls the following Monday. We made some preliminary plans every few months throughout the year to include families. Every other activity seemed to be good for spouses to be included. I just always hoped to be teamed up with Tommy for those. Partners had to work on their team building as well, right?

"Earth to Trin?" Tom said and snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hey? Where'd you go?"

"Sorry," I answered and laughed off my sudden distraction. "What did you ask me?"

"I asked if there was anything else you needed or wanted to share with me before you left the office? I mean, we're doing good with this planning, and we've been talking and laughing like I think we should have been at least once a month, seeing as you're one of my top employees and all. I just want you to know that you can tell me how you feel anytime you need, you know. It's important that everyone is able to speak their minds here. Do you have an opinion about anything you want to share?"

"I hate the rule, but I understand it," I told him plainly. "I hate that people are hesitant to hang out with me or Jen and that we're singled out. If Adam, Joe, Chris, and Mason want to go on an all-day ride, they can and do because it doesn't have to do with the girls. If Tommy and I would ever want to go see a movie we are both excited to see, we can't because it'd be considered a date."

"Yes, I suppose that does seem unfair," Tom agreed and nodded. "Well, let me think on that. You've been partners and have gotten to know an awful lot about the other, and the production, increased sales, and overall business model has been top of the game across the board thanks to everyone, but a whole lot because of you and Tommy. I can't imagine that an occasional smaller group event would be an issue here and there, I guess. Again, let me think on it. And thank you for your honesty, Trin. I'll see you later."

I got up with my notes and file folder with all the ideas in it and walked back to my office. When I saw Tommy watching me with concern for how long I was with Tom, I winked and nodded for him to come up. No one was around to see me doing that, so he took the stairs two at a time and walked in directly behind me. When we saw that Dougie wasn't in the office, he shut the door and brought me over to the closet.

"What was that about?" he asked and backed me up slowly to the wall.

"I confronted him about the need for team building exercises," I told him as I ran my fingernail up his arm. "He wasn't too busy, so he took out a calendar, and we tentatively planned a whole year's worth of activities which we'll now be doing. I have a lot of calls to make, and I want to ask the guys about some of their ideas. For now, though, it's a whole lot more than a night of roller skating."

"Wow, Trinity," he whispered into my ear, "it looks like you've finally taken the bull by the horns. I like seeing you take charge. I wonder how else you'll be doing things like that."

"Tommy," I warned, "it's talk like that which will surely get us into trouble. Now go," I demanded. "We're having a whole team lunch today. Can't have you coming out of my office all worked up as if it's a usual thing to do."

He didn't listen though. He ran his hands down my sides and cupped my butt to pick me up so that I was pressed against the wall by his body. My most sensitive area woke up like it hadn't in months. He was pressed against it like he had every intention to introduce himself and fast. I cursed aloud.

"Oh, Trinity," Tommy teased, "is that how a professional woman speaks in front of her partner?" He leaned forward, cupped the back of my neck until his fingers were sliding up into my hair, and put his lips right by mine. "God, I hope so, because hearing you talk like that really gets me going," he continued. "I'm going to miss you tomorrow more than any other day, I think. It's weird. We don't usually see each other on the weekends, but I am especially bummed about this one."

He looked me straight in the eyes and moaned as he rubbed against me. "I love you," he whispered just before kissing me with such need and depth that I thought I'd become lost in the chaos. Two days in a row with kisses like this? What was going on?

He slowed our kissing until he could manage just one more peck on my lips. Finally, he set me down. "I hope that holds us over. Otherwise, I might accidently need to come let myself into your house Sunday morning, or even Saturday night, to make sure you're OK." He put his lips to my forehead and inhaled deeply before turning to walk away. How he was doing it so nonchalantly with the bulge in his jeans was beyond me. I heard the door open and his steps descending on the stairs, so I sat on the chair we had in the closet and caught my breath.