BMB: Version 1-1

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Was that Tommy who just left your office?" Tom asked when he walked in.

"Yeah, Tom," I answered and continued trying to catch my breath. "He wondered what in the world we'd been doing in your office for over two hours."

"What's it to him?"

"He's my partner," I answered and smiled knowing I'd meant that in so many more ways than just through work.

"Fair enough," Tom replied. "I'm ordering lunch. We'll all meet up in the conference room to eat together, have a little meeting, and then you're all off the rest of the day."

"Sounds good."

"Trinity?"

"Yeah, Tom?"

"Did I hear you were planning to go snowmobiling tomorrow?"

"I do. Why?"

"Please dress warmly, kid. It's supposed to be some really bad weather, and I'd hate to hear you weren't dressed for it. I know you had some cold ones down, sorry, over there, but New England weather with the ocean and other climate factors just make some of our days harsher. Just be careful, alright?"

"I'll do that, Tom," I told him and sighed. "I really hope Sam and Tina's wedding is all that they hope it will be. I sure wish I could have attended. I sure love them."

"Oh, well, I'll be sure to send your wishes when I see them," Tom told me and stuttered a little.

"I'm sending a card with Dougie to give to them," I responded. "I hear Tommy's bringing a date. That will be nice."

"Um, yeah," he said hesitantly and cleared his throat. Maybe even Tom felt that it was awkward that Tommy was bringing someone else. Interesting. "I'm, uh, I'm going to go order some food now."

"Yep," I told him as I stepped out of the closet. "Always a good time when we break bread together. Gosh," I sighed. "Maybe I'll even get to sit next to a boy," I teased.

"Yep," he quipped. "Right next to me, Trinity. You've earned your spot there with all the backtalk lately."

I laughed and told him I guessed I deserved it. When the food came, sure enough, I had to sit right up there next to Tom. I shrugged and took my place. I was almost told to leave when I kept elbowing him as I ate. It wasn't my fault he was right-handed, and I was a lefty. I guess he should have rethought that one, huh?

Tommy sat where he could see me, and throughout the whole meal, he made eyes at me and winked once. I nearly choked on my food. When we were finally dismissed, Tommy and I walked out together and gave each other our usual high five. He asked me once again to reconsider going with Ryan, and I told him I would only cancel if the weather was that bad. He made me promise one more time, and I nodded in agreement. We both waved as we left the shop parking lot and drove off in our separate directions.

I got a text from Tommy at 8PM telling me he was lying in bed remembering our nights at the hotel back in September. I smiled and told him not a night went by that I didn't think of those as well. "Thank goodness we had those king size beds. And what a new beginning for Jen and Dougie, right? Their first in-person 'date' ended up with them sleeping together for the next six nights."

"If I remember correctly, we spent seven nights together as well," Tommy shared. I sniffed a laugh. "I still can't believe how well-behaved we were. Dad would have flipped out if he'd have known. Thankfully Michelle was there to keep him occupied, right?"

"For sure. Tommy, be safe travelling tomorrow, alright?"

"Yes, Trin, but I'm worried about you. Dougie and I are leaving at 3PM. I fully expect a call if there is ANY reason that you don't feel things are going right. I'm your partner. It's my job to come to you."

"Will call if that's the case, but won't because everything will be fine," I responded and huffed. Ugh. Finally, I just decided to end the conversation. We didn't usually chat like this, but Tom was gone, and Tommy was probably bored.

"G'night, Tommy. See you Monday. Have a great time."

"G'night, Trinity"

At 8AM, I sat waiting for Ryan at the shop. I had some snacks and drinks to offer for the group, but Ryan waved them away. "No need! Just get in!" I shrugged and left the snacks in my car. I wasn't sure why I couldn't bring them anyway.

"Are you sure?" I asked but was soon surprised to find him already driving out of the parking lot. I hadn't even put on my seatbelt. I had all my snow gear in a bag, thankfully. I guessed I should have put the snacks and drinks in with them. Ah well. Maybe Ryan was just told to show up, and the group already had plans for food.

"Yeah, but we're late, so we need to hustle," Ryan finally answered. He seemed to be in an agitated mood. I was so disappointed and was already regretting my decision to come, or at least catch a ride with him. At least if I had my car there, I could leave.

"Oh, I thought you said 8AM," I answered. He didn't reply, so I just watched the scenery out my window.

"Ry-guy!" a large guy who seemed to be the leader of the group called out when Ryan parked the truck. "You made it!"

"Yeah, some people just need a little more wake-up time than others, I guess," he told the guy and laughed as he pointed at me. I was so disappointed. Why did he bother bringing me if he was going to be grumpy and then insulting, not to mention lying about it!

"Oh, well, who's the hottie?" the guy asked and opened my door for me to leave the truck.

"Oh, this is Trin," Ryan answered flippantly. "Hey, are the Bennett twins coming on the ride?"

"Oh, yep!" the guy answered. I still had no idea what his name was or what I should have been doing or anything else for that matter. The little red flags were dancing around in my head and above Ryan's head, and I still just didn't know what to do about it. I didn't want to make a big deal out of a bad start, so I stayed quiet and hoped to get Ryan's attention long enough to get to ride. Since I was fairly certain I was riding alone on the other sled he'd brought, at least I could enjoy that part of the day.

Two extremely good-looking girls showed up with their snowmobiles in tow and caught the big guy's attention. Thankfully, that gave Ryan time to unfasten the sleds from the trailer. He began gassing up one of them. When he was finished, he tightened the cap and then walked over to talk to the girls. I just stood to the side and waited to see what was going to happen. How unbelievably awkward.

Finally, the guy called attention to everyone getting ready to begin the ride. Everyone seemed to scramble into their snow gear and began preparing their sleds. Ryan walked over and tossed me the keys to the one nearest me. "Try to keep up, huh? Don't need any stragglers." He put the gas can back on the trailer and turned to stand by his sled.

"Um, Ryan, did mine need gas too?" I asked, but he turned on his sled and revved it a few times making it difficult to hear me. I sighed and prayed that I'd be safe out there. Everything in my being told me to ditch him, call Jen, apologize for calling so early, and get her to come pick me up. I checked to be sure I had my phone and shook my head. Even if it was just for a little bit. I wanted to get out and have a good ride.

I turned on the sled and revved it a few times to get the feel for it. The guy in the front was yelling, but I couldn't hear him. Ryan was showing off for the twins, so I just hung back and waited for everyone else to start their journeys on the trail. As I got into the woods, I got a feel for the sled and let myself enjoy the speed, the rush, the intense excitement of finally doing something.

I took my time and admired the snow-covered trees, the trails, and the lake that looked frozen over. I watched for uneven terrain and sped up to enjoy the breeze rushing passed me. Just after I passed mile marker 1, I found that the rest of the group had gotten to a clearing and were showing off for each other as they raced passed each other and whooped and hollered as they did so. I was the last to arrive, so I slowed to watch them.

Ryan was basically being unsafe and stupid as he tried to impress the twins. Neither of them seemed to be impressed when his back was turned, but when he made eye contact with them, they flirted endlessly. I had no idea what their game was. I wanted to be protective of Ryan as he was basically a brother/co-worker just two days earlier, but the behavior he was exhibiting was hardly deserving of any of my defense.

Soon, the head guy pointed to the trail up ahead and led the group in that direction. I watched everyone else follow his lead, and as I got ready to put my sled back into gear, it puttered and died. I tried starting it again twice, but it hardly turned over. If I had to wager a guess, it was out of gas. Well, wasn't that just dandy. Thankfully I was warm in all my gear. I could follow the path back and call Jen to come and pick me up.

I took out my phone and pocketed the key to leave next to the gas can so Ryan would figure out that had he filled my sled with gas, he wouldn't have found himself one snowmobile down when the ride was all over. He was going to have a fun afternoon.

I texted Jen and told her I should have just stayed home or made that pap smear appointment like I had wanted to rather than joining the asshole. I told her about the sled running out of gas and that I was walking back to the entrance of the trails and requested that she meet me there. I mentioned that I had just passed the mile marker before ditching the dead sled, so I guessed a half hour would be the time it would take me to get there.

Jen replied quickly telling me my ride would be there. I pocketed my phone so that I had my hands free for balance. I laughed when it began snowing. I stopped laughing when the snowflakes became much bigger than I had ever seen and became worried when I couldn't see the trail on which I was walking. Well, crap.

I made my way carefully and prayed that I would stay on the trail. I couldn't really see anything, and the wind had picked up enough that I couldn't really hear a whole lot either. I worried that I might not be able to hear other snowmobilers coming from behind me, but that no longer caused me concern once I slipped and fell, unfortunately, down off the path and into the lake. It wasn't as frozen over as I had thought it was, and the frigid temperature of the water nearly knocked the wind out of me.

"Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no! I have to get to the entrance! I need to get back on the path! Oh, crap, crap! Oh, shit! That's cold!" I gasped and stood up to clammer out of the water to get back up onto the path as quickly as I could. I wasn't moving nearly as fast now. I pulled out my phone and hoped it would still work. I tried calling Jen. The call wouldn't go through. I tried texting her. It kept erroring out.

I caught a break, if that is what it can be called, when the wind died down and made the path a little more visible. I was beginning to feel the cold seeping into my clothes and worried that it was going to be worse before it got better. I tried to call Jen again, but the call wouldn't go through. I tried to text her and kept trying to resend it, but it just kept bouncing back. I looked at the original time I'd texted Jen and the estimated time I had guessed I'd be at the entrance. It was way past that time, and I still had much walking to do.

I walked and walked for what seemed to be forever before I had to stop and rest. I pulled out my phone and tried again to contact Jen with no luck. I was growing so tired. I felt so bad that Jen was sitting there waiting for me. I hoped she knew I wasn't doing it on purpose. I tried wiggling my toes and my fingers to keep the blood flowing through them. I was not sure what I was going to do.

As I resumed my attempt at walking back to the parking lot, I thought about Tommy. Thursday night, he told me he loved me. Why hadn't I said it back? He told me again yesterday in the closet. Oh, oof! I tripped over a branch and landed hard on my stomach nearly knocking the wind out of me again. Oh, what I wouldn't give to be at home bored to death sitting in front of a movie.

I began humming the theme song to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I tried to keep my brain alert and focused on the path to get me out of there. The cold was seeping into my skin. I could feel the slight numbing of my toes. I tried desperately to wiggle them as best I could.

"Trin," I heard faintly. I was sure it was just in my mind. I hummed louder to keep my mind off the fact that I should have listened to Tommy and not gone with Ryan and just stayed home. I could have gone somewhere with Jen. I could have gone to visit Jeremy. Man! What was I thinking!

"Trin! Trinity!" I heard again. Wait, what? "Trin! Oh, God! Trin! Come here, baby," Tommy yelled and ran to where I was standing. I could barely make out his face. "Oh, shit! You're all wet! What happened! Come on, sweetheart. Come on, baby. Let's get you home so we can get you warmed up. You're freezing."

He picked me up and carried me to his truck. Before he could put me into it, I turned and ran to the trailer behind Ryan's truck. I took out the key and tossed it behind the gas can. I shook my head as I made my way back to Tommy's truck.

"What were you thinking?" Tommy yelled. I turned and looked at him with confusion. I didn't have a clue what he thought I'd answer. "God, Trinity. You were out there for two and a half hours. Why didn't you call me? Why didn't you call me when you first ran out of gas?" I tilted my head and showed him my phone. I knew he was driving but he had to see all the red calls I'd attempted to make but never got them to go through.

"Oh, Trinity," Tommy sighed and took my hand to kiss it. "I'm taking you to my house so we can warm you up. I'm worried. Why are you wet?"

"I. Fell. In. The. Lake," I tried to explain, but I couldn't speak in sentences more than a word at a time. "I. Slip. Walk. On. Tray-ul. Fell. Not. Froze-un. So cold," I managed and let out a breath.

"Can you move your toes? Can you wiggle your fingers?"

"I. Haff. Been. Try-ing," I told him and nodded.

Tommy pulled into the driveway and slammed the truck into park before jumping out of the truck to bring me into the house.

"Trin! What took so long?" Jen inquired and then jumped when she saw me. "Oh, Trinity! What happened! Why are you wet? Wait, you're like, freezing! Tommy! What are you going to do?"

"I have no choice," Tommy answered. "I'm gonna use my body heat. Dougie, you'll have to take Max. Maybe you two can catch a ride with Pat and Rose. Call them. I have to stay here with Trin." Tommy was tearing the wet snow gear off me as quickly and carefully as he could. Jen took each piece and emptied the pockets before she stuck them into the washer. I could barely keep myself standing upright and leaned against the wall as they spoke. I was about to just fall asleep right there in the kitchen.

"Please call Dad," Tommy told Dougie and then pointed to Jen. "Feel free to stay here in his room. I'm gonna keep Trin here until tomorrow night."

"Thanks," Jen answered and nodded. "Go get her warm. Let me know if you need anything."

Tommy hurried to bring me into his room and slowly undressed me of my shirt, jeans, undershirt, spandex pants (which were under the jeans), and then my socks. He gasped when he saw how red my toes were. "Shit, Trin. I think we need to get some socks on those. Here," he offered and sat me down so he could put a pair on me. They were huge because they were his, but at this point, we didn't care.

Tommy hurried to take off his own shirt and jeans before moving the covers for me to get into his bed. Before he could hug me to his body, I felt him unfastening my bra and sliding it off my chest. This was further than we'd ever gone, and we were certainly not being very romantic at that moment. When he reached down to slide my panties off me, I pulled away, but he insisted.

"They're wet, Trin," he justified. "We have to. I'll keep mine on. It's OK. I only want to warm you up, baby. Come on. Let me help you."

The knock at the door made us both jump. "What?" Tommy yelled.

"I called Dad," Dougie informed him. "He knows what's up and is waiting for you to call him when Trin's body temp is up. I talked to Pat too. We'll drive up there together in his van. Max was fine with it."

"Thanks, Doug," Tommy offered. "Let me know when you leave." He then turned to face me again. "Trin, are you OK? Does anything hurt?"

I shook my head. "I'm. Juss. So. Cold," I answered and tucked my head into his chest. "I'm so-o-rr-y," I told him as I tightened my arms around him. "I. Am. So. Stupid," I cried and shook against his body.

"Well, I don't agree in general, but I won't argue with you today," Tommy admitted. "If I ever see that dickhead again, it'll be too soon, and I may have to be restrained, or I might kill him."

"Don't. Bother," I pleaded. "He's. Not. Worth. It." I took in a breath and let it out over his shoulder. "Can. I. Go. To. Sleep?"

"I don't know, baby," Tommy answered. "I know you're tired, but stay with me a bit longer, would you. I want to see how well you warm up. I'm kinda freaking out a little. You are so cold, but I think we're doing it the right way. I can already tell that my heat is having an effect on your skin temp. Let's just keep talking, alright? Other than the cold, are you comfortable?" I nodded and sighed.

"Tom-my?" I whispered and tightened my hold on him as I shook. "I'm. S-s-sorry. I. Didn't. Tell. Y-you." I managed but couldn't get the rest of the words out. I was shaking too horribly. "I. Didn't..."

"Trin, stop talking," he pleaded. "Just hold me and get warmer. Either I'm used to the temperature of your body now or you're starting to warm up. Thank God," he sighed. "Rest now," he instructed. He didn't need to tell me twice. He said a few more things which I tried to comprehend, but I just couldn't make out his words.

I woke up and stretched. My head was wet, and my hair seemed matted to my neck and forehead. Sweat? Gosh, I thought as I touched my chest, why was I only wearing a sheet? I hurried to cover myself out of habit before I realized as I looked down that I wasn't in my room. Wait. Oh, Tommy's room. Oh! Tommy. Did I just... flash him? Was he asleep too? I opened one eye to look over at him and found him watching me as I woke up. Holy crap! He'd never seen that part of me! We had only ever slept in the bed fully clothed when we were together in September.

"Did I just flash you?" I asked and could feel the color growing in my cheeks.

"Yeah, a little," he admitted. I could tell he was smiling.

"I feel sweaty," I shared as I pulled the sheet tighter around my breasts. "Weird, right?"

Tommy inhaled deeply and wrapped his arms around me to pull me closer. "We can take a shower later. I'm just relieved to hear you being able to talk in normal sentences again. Trin, you had me worried out of my mind." Before I could speak again, I heard a ringing through speakerphone. I looked at Tommy who was holding the phone up between us. "She's awake," he told the person. Oh, probably Tom.

"Oh, thank God," Tom sighed into the phone. "Trinity, how are you feeling, hun?"

"Hi, Tom," I said with a bit of embarrassment. "I stopped shaking and feel a little sweaty, so that's good, I guess. How's the wedding?" I asked with too much enthusiasm proving that I was trying to get the focus off me.

"So far, it's nice, but the actual ceremony starts at 6PM," Tom answered. Oh good! He's not mad. He's... "Trinity," he said with disappointment, "why'd you have to go out this morning? Didn't you see the expected weather? What if you'd waited to tell Jen about your situation until you thought you'd make it to the entrance? Two and a half hours to walk a mile. Do you see now why I tried to warn you? And that fall into the lake could have killed you. Dammit, Trinity."

I closed my eyes and tucked myself back into Tommy's arms as I cried with shame and guilt.