BMB: Version 3-1

Story Info
An immediate connection... could it be too good to be true?
32.4k words
4.29
794
00

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 05/06/2024
Created 04/14/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction, and it was created solely by me as the author. Any similarities to characters, businesses, places, or things are all happenstance, though my appreciation to those who have inspired my works is immense.

Author's Note: This entire series is based on the same characters, places, and general situations, but will be shared in the form of five different versions. I'm hoping you'll appreciate the various approaches as they are posted. And be aware, some versions go into certain details more than others, so remaining calm and awaiting the next installment may be necessary, but I assure you, it'll be worth it. Questions and comments are welcome. I do read them & appreciate the encouragement. I hope everyone will be kind. BH, you know what I want to say... and to my followers, you're amazing! Thanks... and ENJOY!

BMB: Version 3-1

"Oh, yes!" I exclaimed as I got off the phone with my real estate agent. "Yes!" I said again.

"What's going on?" Cindy asked from her cubicle. She had to look around the four mylar balloons which were attached to the flower bouquets which had been on my desk when I'd arrived at work that morning.

"I have an official contract on my house," I shared with her. "I'm set to sign all the paperwork and can move in two weeks! Sept 15 will be my last day in Illinois!"

"Well, see?" Cindy announced loud enough for our three other co-workers to hear. "We have to go celebrate now!" I shook my head with disappointment. "Oh, come on, Trinity! Let's go let loose to celebrate your last day, the fact that it's a Thursday night which is always party night, the house sale, the beginning of your two-week 'staycation,' and that we will finally get you out of your house!"

"Fine!" I told them exasperatedly. "Fine. I'll be there. 5PM, ladies and Dean. Yeah, I'm talking to you," I yelled and pointed in his direction. "You're all making me do this. I'll be there, but you have to be there too.

"You got it!" Dean told me and put his fist in the air as if he'd won something.

At 4:50PM, I showed up downtown and parked in the lot nearest The Tavern. I was always early. I walked in and wrinkled my nose at the smell of stale beer and cigarette smoke. There was no smoking inside any public buildings or within 15 feet of their doors, but somehow the smell was pungent anyway.

I knew I was out of my realm, but I had agreed to do this, and my co-workers were right. It was rare for me to go out anywhere, let alone on a Thursday night. Besides, once I did this, I probably wouldn't hear from them again. We were work friends, but rarely did we talk outside of work.

I walked up to the bar and sat at an empty stool. The bartender looked friendly enough. He was wiping down the bar (I felt like I was in the real-life Cheers episode, only darker) and smiled when I made eye contact with him.

"Hi there. What will you have?" the bartender asked me.

"Well, I'll tell you one thing," a rather unpleasantly smelling man slurred an answer to me on my right, "I can guarantee a really good time is what she'll be having when she goes out with me." He looked to be about twenty years older than my mid-twenties age. Yikes. This dude was both smashed and cocky. I didn't like either of those characteristics.

"Oh, that's a tempting offer, but I'm meeting some friends, and I'm not sure I'm looking for more than just a regular old good time with them. Thanks though."

"Come on, you know you want to..." he said and reached for my arm. I had already pulled away and hadn't quite managed to hide the surprise in my eyes when a strong hand caught the man's arm and pushed it away from me.

"I believe the lady told you 'no,'" this rather good-looking man told him in my defense. "She's not interested. Now, do us all a favor and move along." I tried to keep my face as neutral as possible, but I was shocked. I didn't know the guy, and no one had ever done something like that for me before.

"Chick could have said she had a boyfriend," the guy mumbled.

"Well, now you know," my hero informed him. I couldn't help it. I turned and looked wide-eyed at him. He kept on facing the creepy man. "When a woman says 'no,' the answer is 'no.'"

As the creepy guy walked away, my hero nodded at me before looking at the bartender. "I'd like a Coke, and please put whatever she's having on my tab as well," he told Jeff, or so the bartender's name tag read.

"Hi, I'm Trinity," I told him with much confidence once the creepy guy had left the bar, quite different from my usual demeanor. "Thank you for that, and Jeff, is it?" I asked the bartender as I turned to face him. He nodded. "I'll have an Amaretto Stoned Sour, please." I turned back to look at my hero. I had to stop calling him that. I was gonna end up with a damsel's complex of some sort.

"I'm Tom," my hero slash new friend responded. "I was happy to help. Here with friends, I think I heard you say? Can I walk you back to them? A pretty lady like you is bound to be hit on again. I'd feel better if you were in their safe hands."

"I wouldn't know as this is a first," I admitted. "They, my friends, I mean, convinced me to come out, and since they haven't shown up yet, I guess I really am on my own." I looked up at the clock and saw that it was after 5PM.

"Close friends?" Tom asked and shook his head as he took a drink of his Coke. "Keep the change," he told the bartender as he set down a few bills on the counter before picking up my drink to give to me.

"Well, friends from work. Today was my last day," I explained. I took my drink & raised it to him in recognition for his gift. "Thank you. I haven't had a drink in, oh gosh. It's been over fifteen months."

Tom got quiet. I wondered if he thought I was making this up as we went along. Truth was, I'd had an Amaretto and orange juice for lunch on Mother's Day the year before as I celebrated having the whole house to myself while my husband and two beautiful young daughters had been visiting my mother-in-law. I smiled at Tom and turned to look at the patrons filling up the bar.

"Trinity?"

"Yeah? Oh, and you can call me Trin. Most people do."

"Did you want to stay here in case your friends finally show up, or would you like to finish up these drinks and maybe join me for dinner in a quieter place?" Tom asked after he'd finished his Coke.

I took my final drink and set the glass full of ice on the counter next to Tom's. "Thanks, Jeff. That was great. I'll see you around. Have a great night." Jeff waved. I turned to Tom. "I'd love to."

Tom offered his arm, and I smiled as I put my hand in the crook of his elbow and followed his lead out of the bar. We stopped just outside the door and faced each other.

"I, um, I don't have a ride," Tom told me awkwardly. "I was dropped off," he further explained.

"Oh, I drove," I answered. "Um, I hadn't expected to leave so quickly, though. Would you mind driving? My car is down this street in that parking lot. If you tell me what you're up for, I can direct you to the best restaurant around here."

"As long as you're sitting with me, I think I'll enjoy anything we choose," Tom told me. Yikes. That was super smooth. I wondered if he'd really meant it. "How about a good burger?"

"Ah, it's like you can read my mind," I told him and laughed. "And you answered rather than just going along with whatever. I love it." I took out my keys and handed them to him, the car key most obviously sticking out. "Your keys, sir," I teased.

"Cool, I've always wanted to learn to drive a car!" Tom told me and laughed when I let out a gasp. "Oh, I'm just kidding. I finally learned last week. They'll give driver's licenses to anyone!"

I stood back and shook my head. "You're freaking me out."

Tom smiled and pulled out his wallet to show me his license. "I got my first license on my 16th birthday. As you can see, I'll be 28 next month. I think my nearly 13 years of experience should be ample. I always count the year of practice as a year of experience a well. I don't want you to think I don't know my math."

"This is a trial," I warned him and shook my head again. He opened my passenger side door and waved for me to get in.

"Well, thank you," I said with surprise and happily got in. When he was seated and had put his seatbelt on, I directed him to the restaurant which was close to my house. We spoke more on the way.

"So, I told you my age," he began. "Can I ask yours?"

"26," I answered. "I'll be 27 in November." I smiled and looked over. "I'm going to go in for a big one. Got a girlfriend? Married? Divorced? Kids? Oh, I guess that's four questions, but one big topic, I meant."

"Single, never married," he answered and smiled a bit. "No kids." He turned on the turn signal and continued. "Fair questions. That would be a dealbreaker, huh? So, um, you?"

"Married, yes, and two daughters," I told him honestly. Thankfully we were at a stoplight. I think he had considered jumping out, but he turned to look at me as if requesting further information. "Oh, sorry. Um, I'm a widow. My late husband and two daughters were killed in an accident on Mother's Day a year ago." I looked over at him and shrugged. "Kind of a mood killer, huh?"

Tom was quiet for a bit but then reached over and took my hand. "I didn't know, obviously, but I'm so sorry for your loss, Trin."

"Thanks," I told him. "Oh, it's straight through this light and then turn at the first right. That road will take us directly there."

"Living situation?" Tom asked.

"Pardon?"

"Do you live with roommates, back at home, or alone?" Tom asked as he parked the car in the lot.

"Oh, um, alone," I answered. "I am still in the house Mark and I bought when we got married. Actually, that ties into what I was doing out tonight. I just got word that the house sold for more than it was listed. And today was my last day at work because I'm packing up to move out of state to take up a new job, buy my own house, and make a whole new life away from here." I inhaled deeply and then put my head in my hands. "Shoot. That was too much, too fast, wasn't it? Sorry."

"What? No, you have a lot going on," Tom justified in my honor. He took off his seatbelt and faced me. "I mean, I happened to see you walking into that bar just a short while ago and, out of nowhere, asked the guy who was driving me around to let me out. I'm not from around here, and I'm visiting alone. I guess I'm going with my gut. I'm glad I was there to stop that creep, and so far, I'm really enjoying myself being with you."

I took off my own seatbelt and nodded. "Yeah, this is random, but I'm having a great time too. Should we head in?"

We were seated after waiting only about two minutes and dove right back into questions and answers. I really enjoyed all that time getting to know him.

"So, what brought you here?" I asked. "And alone too, huh?"

"Long story, but I guess the short answer is a cross between work and vacation. I have absolutely no obligations for the next two weeks. I already did what I had set out to do when I got in this afternoon. Since I'd given myself two weeks to do it, I guess I have some sightseeing to do. I have no intentions to go home early."

How many siblings? Are your parents still married or divorced? Sports in high school? Play any instruments? College? Major? So many questions and answers and stories took us through the ordering of sodas, appetizers, and entrees and all the way through the meal. Tom suggested getting a dessert and then thought about something before taking my hand.

"You know what? It's a busy Thursday night. These places are hoping for quick in and out patrons to maximize their profits tonight. I'm really having a great time with you and don't want to stop getting to know you. This might seem direct, but what would you say about taking the dessert to go and heading back to your place?"

While this was crazy and so unlike me, I smiled and nodded. "That's a great idea," I told him. I got a wicked grin suddenly. Was I flirting? Did I remember how? "But wait," I said seriously and leaned in. "Do you really intend to share a dessert, or should I get two? I am all about sharing, but I'm not afraid to claim my half of the piece either."

Tom smiled and then let out a little laugh. "Let's get two different desserts. I'll show you how we share back in my hometown." He raised his eyebrows a few times and then winked before he turned his attention to the options. He shook his head. "OK, in all seriousness, are you allergic to anything? Is there anything on this list you wouldn't enjoy?"

"May I make a suggestion?" Tom nodded. "Cheesecake with the strawberry topping, and the black and white chocolate mousse pie."

Tom smiled and nodded. "Ooo, you have some good taste. Yes, let's do that and get out of here." I picked up the check before Tom could get to it and paid quickly.

"Tom, you're a guest in my town, and you have made my night with the bar rescue, excellent driving, and fantastic company," I justified and filled out the check. "Hey, can we take a selfie? I want to remember this." Tom nodded and waved me over to sit with him. He held out the phone and took our picture. It was a good one. When the server brought my card back, he also brought our desserts, so we were set to go. "Ready?"

"Definitely," Tom answered and got up to leave once he was sure I was carrying our bag in one hand and holding his hand with my other one.

I directed him to my house and had him park in the driveway. "My garage is packed with boxes. We'll just enter through the front door." As I locked the car and then led him up the walkway, I thought about his stuff and lodging. Where did he have that? How'd he get here?

Once we were inside, we took off our shoes, and I took him for a tour around my relatively small house. It had four bedrooms, but it was a ranch. We stopped in the kitchen so I could put the desserts in the fridge. All my pictures had been taken down earlier that day now that the house was sold. All I had was some furniture, a TV, and my bed with one final dresser. My small kitchen table was still there with two chairs, thankfully. I had two folding chairs in the garage if I needed them for anything. I couldn't imagine hosting any other gatherings, unless my best friends came over one last time.

"Couch or kitchen table?" I offered and shrugged as I laughed. "At least it's quieter than the restaurant, and definitely better than the bar!"

"Are those chairs out back?" Tom asked and moved the blinds hanging on the large sliding door. "It's cooling down. Would you be up for sitting out there?"

"Look who else is full of great ideas! Yes, let's do that. Would you like a water bottle? Oh, let me grab a rag and wipe down those chairs."

Tom put out his hands. "If you'll give me the towel, I can do that. It's no big deal."

I smiled as I got the towel and wet it slightly so that it was damp. I handed it to him and then turned to get the water bottles.

As we sat together, I found myself growing even more comfortable with this new friend I'd made. We sat in silence and enjoyed the cooler temperature now that the sun was setting. I began to get all paranoid about the abrupt nature of things, but then I stopped myself. I didn't think this was planned, at least on my end. This guy was legit. Where was he from? Wait! I saw his license! While I was looking at the date of birth, had he purposely covered his address? And before I got all up in his business, didn't I make it a point to skip sharing to where I'd been planning to move?

"It's beautiful out here," Tom noted with his head back and his eyes closed. "And relatively quiet. Thanks for sharing this with me."

I smiled and then sniffed a laugh. "Well, when I heard you were coming in, I went all out to make sure you were given the best experience overall." Tom sat up and tilted his head as he looked at me. I laughed. "Well, it's not like I could have planned this. But I'm really glad tonight has worked out like this. Not gonna lie, Tom. I'm having a great time, and I'm sure it's ten times better than if the work friends would have shown up."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry they stood you up like that," Tom sympathized. He looked at the table in front of me and tilted his head again. "Did you check your messages? Maybe they texted you?"

"Maybe," I agreed and shrugged. "To be honest, Tom, since you showed up at the bar, I hadn't even thought about my phone. And if giving you my full attention keeps me off it so that I can have better entertainment than I could with any app on that thing, I'm going to go ahead and stay off it if that's alright with you."

"Trinity, I like your way of thinking, and I appreciate your full attention. It's funny. We've shared our names, birthdays, and family histories, but I don't think we covered last names. I was going to call you 'Ms.' with your last name, but then I realized I didn't know it."

"My maiden name, and the name I go by, is 'Powers,'" I answered. There was really no need to give him my married name. It hadn't been used since June of last year when I had finished changing everything over. It was when Mark's mom and sister couldn't look at me without bursting into tears that I realized that I couldn't remain in contact with them. Seeing me was a constant reminder of the brother and son, nieces and granddaughters they'd never see again, and I got sick of being an invisible knife to their hearts. I hugged them goodbye for the last time at the final memorial recognizing his and the girls' passings and hadn't seen or heard from them since.

"Well, Ms. Powers," Tom replied and gave me a little bow before extending his hand. "It is a great pleasure to meet you. And it's been great getting to know you already," he added and winked as he brought my hand to his mouth to kiss it. "I'm Tom Parker."

I blushed and then giggled before I could stop myself. I corrected my teenager-like behavior and bowed back. "It's really nice to meet you, Tom. And it's been a really great evening."

"Are you kicking me out?" Tom asked and gave me a pouty face.

"What? No!" I answered quickly and shook my head. "Gosh, no. I'm having a great time. I'll hate for it to end."

"Does it have to?" Tom asked and took a sip from his water bottle. "Do you have many plans these next two weeks? You said no more work. And most of your house seems to be packed up. I mean, I don't want to overstep, but couldn't we hang out these next two weeks? I'm not sure, but from what I can tell, you're the best thing this town has to offer when it comes to grabbing my attention. Wait, did that come across right?"

"I really don't have anything planned except tying up a few loose ends here or there," I answered honestly. "I only have the one bed, but I've got a couch. You could save money and stay here, or I could drop by and pick you up from the hotel you're staying at."

"You'd really let me stay here?" Tom asked in amazement. "I didn't check into a hotel because, like I said, I asked the driver to drop me off without thinking, and, well, here we are. I don't have much luggage. My stuff is back at the place where I was meeting up for that thing for work. We could go get it tomorrow." Tom hesitated and looked me in the eyes. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I am actually," I answered without much hesitation. "I'd really like it."

"Well, then. I guess that's settled," Tom stated. He relaxed and sat back again. "I am so glad I took this trip. And can you believe I was dreading it?"

"Probably much in the same way that I would have dreaded being home and off work these two weeks," I confessed. "By Tuesday, I probably would have called and asked to go in just to work another week and a half to pass the time."

"Well, now that's no longer an issue," Tom told me and reached over to take my hand in his, "are you ready?"

123456...9