All Comments on 'Bombs Away'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

Going to have to call demander and Griscom the Dark Twins, ffs. Not that's bad, at all. An author most famous for children's books, Roald Dahl, wrote some deliciously dark short stories. One even had a LW angle, where the husband came home and asked the surprised wife for a divorce. She answered in true LW fashion and BTB, literally. Now that I think of it, that short story was an LW tale ahead of its time and came with the BTB built into it naturally (iirc, it was called Lamb To The Slaughter).

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

I'd have wedged a walkie talkie into the hatch so we could converse a bit

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A very average story. AA+

KarnevilKarnevilover 2 years ago

This is barely one page long but you'll be hard pressed to find a more boring and predictable story anywhere on the site. Don't believe me? Try this test: take a totally secret impregnable, escape proof underground bunker, built by a one brain cell hick family. This bunker is inherited by a violent redneck psychopath, married to a cheating slut who uses the bunker with her lover. Go on, guess the end! I bet you can.

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Don't like murder stories. Expose her cheating and divorce her. Killing them is too much and is not proportionate to what they did. Also no confrontation lets this down.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

All's well that ends well!

5

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

Terrible and thoroughly deserving the 1* I gave.

wayniepoo62wayniepoo62over 2 years ago

Personally, I would have just left the canned food & jugs of water there...

A bit of false hope works wonders.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Pretty brutal, and the protagonist comes off as a bit of a psycho, but a well-told tale overall.

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

A true psychopath for the main character is a problem cause there is no emotional content here. Cold ruthless murder to prevent losing some stuff in a divorce? Not sane.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 2 years ago

Only real weird factual point was that he allowed this cheating at the bunker to go on for 5 weeks! Being a youngish couple, they hadn't had sex together at all during this time... and nothing had been said! Not really believable. The rest was an interesting story. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5* It's always a good thing to bury the past. Bwah-ha-ha!

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 2 years ago

Before locking them in, I would have left them a message somehow to tell them why they will dy down there. More punishment for them.

Only 3* because I don't like killing with very good reason. And just cheating without openly humiliation like in all the real cuckold-stories isn't one.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

This is one good writer.

But this was gruesome.

Don't care much about the cheaters except I'm not into murdering anyone.

Just divorce them and move on. One can face judgement day easier this way.

I did fantasize of leaving them for one whole day in that bunker and letting them out the next day.

MonsieurXMonsieurXover 2 years ago

Not necessarily my cup of tea, but the writing was top quality and the story was interesting and, despite being pretty obvious where it was going, was well structured and well paced. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BTB. Bury the Bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Humorous story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As a child of the era when people turned their basements into fall out shelters, I can accept the existence of a hidden one near a cabin. I am less able to accept one in Florida. That said, it was a novel story but I never quite got into it. I'm wavering between a 3 and a 4 because it was well written but lacked the sparks that a longer story might have been able to include.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice story, you told it well but personally i feel the people in the story needed more personality. You seemed to talk just as much about the canned goods as you did the cheaters, again just my personal opinion. I iked it, above average but not a loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any asshole who believes that adultery is punishable by death is either mentally depraved or deserves the worst punishment that law can give!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He is a sociopath and if that’s how he reacted, no wonder she was cheating on him. He was a murderer just waiting to happen.

Sorry but I have no respect for guys who murder their spoilage for cheating. They rank with child rapists and parents who kill their children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Satisfying. But ultimately kinda boring….because it totally lacked any emotion.

.

These stories work when the tale contains raw emotion…especially in exchanges in conversation between tne various characters. There was nothing in this thing. It was a rather boring and dry recitation. Yeah….the way the cheaters were dealt with was novel. Even clever. But not enough to save the story.

.

2 **

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Really did did not care for this story. Cold blooded murder is a lousy way to get revenge. Now if he had put a couple bags on the hatch to keep it from opening and wait a day and then let them out when they'd be sick off their ass, that would have been different. Plus how could he claim he did not own the place yet was making improvements, etc. holes in the plot.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Hilarious!!!!

4/5

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

No way is adultery a capital crime. But thanks for the history lesson anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, but that's extreme. I don't care for murder BTB. 1*

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppyover 2 years ago

I actually enjoyed this one.

Just FYI, one foot of concrete or 3 feet of dirt will block about 90% of radiation. One foot of concrete plus nine feet of dirt will block 99.99% of radiation. That bunker could probably withstand a surface burst of a megaton bomb half a mile away.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The "sophisticates" are obviously bothered by this one based on the scoring. "What we have here is a failure to communicate." What many readers here can't understand is that betrayal of vows is not a relatively trivial thing that just "deserves" separation and some loss of assets and, perhaps, reputation. Most of the readers here, and a majority of people in what used to be known as "Christendom" are Eloi. The Morlocks are coming for you, and won't that be a surprise. Every civilization that allows itself to become degenerate pays a price.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

Way to dark for me. Dark can be good if it's done right but needs more build up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Now that was a different dish...served cold! Too bad we didn't get the wife's last thoughts...maybe a note from hubby next to the gallon jug.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not erotic. Your writing talent is wasted on snuff/revenge fantasies like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

About as perfect a crime as could be. Have to admit that I would find it very difficult to avoid returning just to see the aftermath.

Thanks for the oasis in the desert of cuck-tales.

☆☆☆☆☆ pour encourager les autres

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh this one was so original.

Kudu's to the author. Justice was served with copious co1.

If only....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done!! You certainly got the panty waist crowd crying about how horrible this was. Suck it up cupcakes and let it serve as a warning not to fuck with a married woman. You never know when you'll run into a husband like this that doesn't take any bullshit. Who are you to decide what deserves capital punishment?? You might just be the next one in the hole for eternity.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Well written story. Yes, it was pretty dark but I have no problem with it. You shouldn't fuck with a married woman and a married woman shouldn't fuck around on her husband. Some husbands seem to get extremely offended by that.

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
A truly original tale

Worthy of 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cold and dark, this story. Well done.

.

He'll wait another decade or two and then haul out their two mummified bodies and bury them deep... right back under the new patio. The cops would never think to search under it again.

.

Don't worry about those who whine whenever someone dies in a story; they don't understand that matters of the heart can make a man crazy. It's okay if the wife excuses her betrayal by saying, "It was just a crazy thing I did, I don't know why." But let a man use that excuse and suddenly they get all holy and unamused. 5 stars.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - any violence ALWAYS gets ZERO stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Technically, no major flaws so you get a star for that. No emotional content, which is not surprising as the "hero" is clearly a sociopath.

Cheating does not merit a death sentence.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

This doest even count as dark. Its just a guide for 'How to murder your roommate'. And yes, she was apparently no more for him. He felt nothing before and after either way for her. How come she married him? His In-laws tried to call him and he sent lawyers to them? Who the fuck does that? I am always one for revenge, but it needs to fit the crime. Dont know how anyone could be ok with cold blooded murder of two people and in such a cruel way. Either suffocating or starving. He should have off'ed himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad. Three stars.

Could have left the urine thing out. Suffocating or starving to death trumps a jug of piss.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

so ur MC is one of those CHEATING> than cold blooded planned murder. unfortunately, there actual ppl out there like that. so in this case i didnt see any reason why these ppl were married. no emotion whatsoever, read like a manual on how to bury ppl in a bunker

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4, not usually a fan of killer endings but that was pretty enjoyable. Effed up but enjoyable.

texasdavid72texasdavid72over 2 years ago

Would love to hear the wife's side when she realizes that she signed their death warrants.

I loved this story, keep up the good work.

Baldy74Baldy74over 2 years ago

Strange tale. And surely he would have wanted his wife to know that he knew. For her to realise why she was going to die like she did. Very dark.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

....but on daaaaark stormy nights, occupants of the cabin swear that two ghostly apparitions rise from the ground and have sex on the lawn!

.

You ably covered all the classic criminal screw-ups, such as cell phones, DNA, etc. 5/5!!

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Uh no, adultery doesn't deserve a death sentence. Just get over it and realize you should have had a prenup.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

At least you were thinking out of the box on this one.

A tad too disturbing but you were aiming at the chest thumpers with this. Still a fun story, in a way, even with how dark it was.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

God help me, but that hole great story made me chuckle. The two cheaters wanted to spend some happy time together in the bunker, and now they can be together forever. I hope they got one last good boink in before the realization of their predicament sank in. I think that they would know who killed their worthless, cheating asses. I know that there is no death penalty for adultery, unless the cheater's spouse decides there is.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years agoAuthor

For the record, in real life I have never buried anyone alive, except perhaps in some sand at the beach. But never that deeply. There's never sufficient time and too many witnesses.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years agoAuthor

@tangleweed, thanks for the comment. I don't think I had seen this @demander guy's stuff before. I'll have to check him out!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Just to straight forward to get me excited...3*

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Out-fucking-standing.

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

Almost no dialogs. No emotions. Just a psychopath description of how he got away with murder.

Didn't like it.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
Interesting

Story but really dark, sad. You write well.

amanapamanapover 2 years ago

Her side would make a good short

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Oh so predictable, unexciting and yes, perhaps a little dark. The time spent reading this will never be redeemed. This was not a cuck tale nor was it a revenge missive as neither of these had any effects or aftermaths explained or documented in any way. This was just a two dimensional lecture on what could be imagined in an unrealistic mind.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 2 years ago

It takes an appalling creature to imagine this sort of thing is acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Thanks for the effort.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

I love short, sharp shocks like this one. Especially in the desert of cucks (as the previous anon put it).

The darkness in this one was a wonderful palette cleanser.

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

One of the best BTB's.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good unique story. But also more realistic since people who are cheated tend to lose it and get emotionally twisted. Don't cheat, simple, stay alive. You want to fling around, fine then divorce or separate.

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

Short, to the point and original...This saved the day! 4*

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

While the story is well written and told in itself, I cannot make friends with murder as revenge. But that's my problem!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I can't believe some of the comments let alone the story, just how many sick fucks are there in the world, I am no longer surprised by the amount of senseless killings in the world and I think we only have to look at the brainless commentors to know those responsible.

You know who you are so don't try to justify it, admit it, you're sick and need help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Quite sick, if you think this is entertaining or OK you really need to take a serious look at yourself. Reading this I'm not surprised at the amount of sensenless violence in America. Perhaps you should do the World a favour and anialate each other and leave the rest us, civilised human beings in peace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate this story. To think of what went through the wife and her bosses minds during their final moments. They had to know what was happening and who was responsible. Just beautiful. Such a refreshing change from the usual cuck crap on this site.

Omart57Omart57over 2 years ago

Very good, Cold but very good!

JeffTomJeffTomover 2 years ago

I'm not much into stories where someone dies. But thanks for writing it.

Good luck with your next

sf_operative63sf_operative63over 2 years ago

Cold..brutal...but GREAT!!!

5 stars..

DOL

GriscomGriscomover 2 years agoAuthor

Had a little problem with some delicate flower(s) apparently complaining to the Moderators about this story. Fortunately, I was able to prevail upon them by showing stuff way worse on this site, which is kind of sad. Heck, the fun part was tabulating that 18 of Papatoad's 100 stories involve some sort of violent end for the cheater(s), with more than one car bomb, come to think of it, and several Mob hits. And I like his stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I liked it... a lot. The only thing better, would have been some sort of an intercom system he could have tapped into, to let the lovebirds know, what was in store for them! Then disconnect it, before you leave. Sometimes we forget, how fragile life really is....

5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wayyyy too short. Just loved it.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

The comments from the overly sensitive pearl clutching snowflakes are more amusing than the story. Gruesome, man. But not particularly offensive to me... play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Reread it, upgraded it to 5/5, just too good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good tale LP

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 2 years ago

Cold-blooded BTB tale. 5 stars!

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

That's a bit grisly....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I don't understand the comments about violence. There was no violence in this story. Husband was merely ensuring that the lovebirds were not disturbed during their intimate moment. He should be applauded for his consideration and compassion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brutal and oh so good. Wunderbar!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hey dummy! If it has an air tight seal, how are the occupants going to breath! The more people in the sealed bunker, the sooner the oxygen will be depleted.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 2 years ago
Last @anony - sealed bunker

Ummm… that’s the point. It specifically says he doesn’t know if they ran out of oxygen, or water.

And it was “sealed” because Grandpappy designed and built the ventilation system poorly, so it was always poorly vented.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Found this an interest way to solve 2 problems at the same time. The wife got to be with her lover and made the bomb shelter safe.

Thanks for writing. Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Would have been nice

To see a perspective from inside the bunker on the day of their "accident".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

amazing story , thanks for this !

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Got give the guy credit, didn't screw around at all and solved the problem quite simply.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayabout 2 years ago

They are sheltered from the wrath of the offended wife. She could have gone Bobbit on him

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Akin to Edgar Allan Poe's "The Cask of Amontillado" Nicely done!

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Dammmn! Good btb. Short, sweet, and to the point. Would've been fun to know their reaction when they couldn't get out and the air went stale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The jug of urine was stupid...

-jaye-

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It seems the B in this BTB means Bury the .....

If the bottle of his yellow DNA fluid had a cap he could be identified later so that was dumb like the smart guy below said.

The ill fated fuckers would also leave notes on paper and walls accusing the only other person that knew about the bunker of trapping and murdering them.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hahaha....good riddance to cheaters

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

Disturbing imagining the prolonged, desperate, and frightening death. I have too much empathy to enjoy this tale, but it was well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

much like Poe's "Cask of Amontillado"

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

A mean story but well told.

juanviejojuanviejoover 1 year ago

CINCO ESTRELLAS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written but a horrid story. Their deaths must have been harrowing. Uggh. The MC is a murderer.

mariverzmariverzover 1 year ago

amigo, busca ayuda profesional.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories