All Comments on 'Bombshell Dolly Nail'

by chloehunt

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
DougsLairDougsLairover 2 years ago

This story was excellent, it requires additional episodes

thewoozlethewoozleover 2 years ago

Just started the story, but wanted to say it sounds great! Nice change of pace in my favorite setting

BruceWoBruceWoover 2 years ago

Wonderful story Chloe. You should be proud of what you have written.

AZTT2AZTT2over 2 years ago

Great story. The main character is mesmerizing.

BigpickleBigpickleover 2 years ago

I think you captured what the theme of the challenge was and definitely had a Mikey Spillane feel to it. I guess Mike "Hammer" needed a Dolly like you to provide the "Nail" to be driven. I'm a big fan of yours. Keep up the awesome work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Bombshell story with a bombshell character hopefully leading to a bombshell series

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

you cleaned it up great kiddo,,, hope your detective and her doctor carry on together in the future ,,,, mike g

mays2444mays2444almost 2 years ago

Great dialogue. Story delivered on entertainment. I think this nailed it as a Mickey Spillane inspired work.

Underdog_13Underdog_13over 1 year ago

The story is great, but should it finish with "It brou"? Seems to me something got caught out somewhere.

chloehuntchloehuntabout 1 year agoAuthor

The very ending of the story was cut off for some reason. It wasn't like that earlier. Here is the part that got chopped. I'll file a ticket to get it fixed.

-- It brought us all closer together. Even Chief Brooks visited the office more frequently.

I stepped into the office one evening to discover the whole gang together. Pacey, Janice, Ducky, and Chief Brooks were enjoying a basket of pies and pastries from the bakery on the corner. Brooks had bought enough food to feed a small army.

"Thank you, Collin. You've outdone yourself," I said with my mouth full of a cream cheese danish.

"You're welcome, Dolly. You all deserve it. My job has been easier since you shut down the local cult. Crime has dropped in this area by nearly twenty-five percent. I'm thinking about a vacation next month."

"I have good news too," Pacey added. "Drug-related injuries and deaths have dropped in this area by more than forty percent. I counsel trauma patients at the hospitals on Thursdays, and the nurses were praising Bombshell Dolly Nail for making their lives easier."

I blushed at that revelation. It felt good to be a hero, but I knew I wasn't.

"Wow, I've never been praised for killing people in cold blood before."

"Ahem, it was self-defense," Brooks added, earning him a kiss on the cheek from me.

"Whatever it was, I'm glad it's over."

"The cult is still out there, Dolly. It won't be over forever," Janice added. She was eyeing me over the rim of her pink glasses.

"You don't have to remind me, Janice. That's why I'm buying Pacey a gun this afternoon."

"You are?" he asked in surprise.

"Yes, and I want you to train with it. You can't solve every problem with words. Insanity doesn't bend to reason. You have to deal out your own dose of crazy sometimes."

"Beautifully spoken, Dolly," Collin agreed.

The end.

gunmakergunmaker8 months ago

I have no idea what happened to the end. Thanks for posting the ending again. Great story. Well done.

Jim2023Jim20237 months ago

I enjoyed Ms. Nail. I would love. Meeting someone like her is a wish. The story went quickly and finished beautifully. Way to go Chloe.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous