Boomerang

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Braden took Fairleigh's hand and said, "You and I know we're only moving to the other side of the county, but to her it's a million miles away. All she knows is she will have to change schools and live in a different town than her friends. It's scary for her."

"I should talk to her and let her know I understand."

"No, let's do it together," he countered. "You can do the talking, but I'll be right there for support."

"I can handle it, Braden," she snapped.

He shook his head knowing it wasn't going to end well.

"All right," he said with his hands out defensively. "Go ahead."

Fairleigh smirked at her apparent victory and walked upstairs to make Cassidy see how great the new house was going to be.

Several silent moments later, Braden winced when heard Cassidy scream, "You're not my mother!"

He watched Fairleigh walk back into the room with tears streaming down her cheek.

"I'm going to my Mom's," she said quietly with her head down.

"You don't have to. She'll apologize, she loves you."

"No. I need to give her some space. I fucked it all up not doing it your way."

Seconds later, Cassidy burst into the room and into Fairleigh's arms.

"I'm sorry," she sobbed. "I shouldn't have said that to you. Please don't hate me."

Fairleigh hugged her tightly and said, "I could never hate you, sweetie. I love you to the moon and back."

She kissed the girl on the top of her head. Braden wanted to scold his daughter for disrespecting Fairleigh, but he chose to let them hug it out. He feared Fairleigh would take Cassidy's side and extend the issue.

He slinked away and went to his bedroom to get a small package.

When he returned to the living room, Fairleigh was seated on the couch with Cassidy cuddled up into her.

"Ahem, ladies?"

They looked up with quizzical eyes.

He said, "Let's put this mother thing to rest once and for all, okay?"

He dropped to his knee, and Fairleigh jumped up, inadvertently tossing Cassidy to the side. Cassidy's eyes were wide with shock when she saw the box in her dad's hand.

"Fairleigh, my love. Will you marry me and adopt Cassidy as your daughter?"

She tackled Braden to the ground and Cassidy jumped on top of the pile.

"Yes, yes, yes," Cassidy screamed making Braden laugh. Fairleigh hadn't even said yes, although the tackle, kisses, and tears were a good sign.

"You're crushing me," he mock complained, and in one motion, Fairleigh rolled over and took the ring out of his hands.

"It's beautiful," she whispered as she held her hand out to admire her newest favorite piece of jewelry.

"I know it's not the most expensive..."

"Shut up, I love it!" she demanded. "You know I don't like gaudy jewelry."

She looked at Cassidy who took her hand to get a good look at the ring.

"Cassidy, do you want me to be your mom? I'd be the happiest person in the world if you let me adopt you."

"Of course. I love you, Mom."

They hugged and tears fell from both of Braden's ladies' eyes. He wondered if Fairleigh wouldn't have been famous, would Cassidy want to call her mom so quickly, but he let those thoughts go and savored the moment. For that moment, she was just an excited ten-year-old.

*****

Eight months later, Braden stood on the stairs of a large gazebo in the backyard of Fairleigh's Malibu home. She delayed selling it so the could be married in a private setting, away from the prying eyes of the paparazzi.

He cried when Cassidy walked down the aisle dropping rose petals. She was wearing a pink dress, and her hair and makeup were professionally done.

She smiled at him and dropped a handful of roses on his head when he leaned down to hug her. The crowd laughed and cheered, and she raised her hands in triumph.

After the rest of the bridal party walked down the aisle, the music changed, and Fairleigh's former backup band began playing the bridal march.

Fairleigh appeared with her father at the back of the long aisle. Her white satin and lace dress hugged every curve of her body, ending with a long and wide train.

Her left leg glistened in the sunlight where the dress was slit almost to her hip, and Braden couldn't wait to remove the garter that was placed in the perfect spot on her thigh.

After her father handed her off to Braden, the ceremony went beautifully. They were married on a beautiful afternoon and Fairleigh cried throughout the ceremony as did Avery and Sandy. Cassidy had a mile-wide smile that couldn't be knocked off with a chisel.

Jimmy Mace walked up to the microphone and began singing Fairleigh's final hit. The song she sang when Braden and Cassidy visited her in the studio that first day. The perfect song about a man and a woman building a future out of a second chance at love.

Everyone clapped as the happy couple walked down the aisle. Fairleigh stopped at the back row of the seats and turned to Braden.

"Just one more thing, before we start the reception," she told him.

She stepped back, took his hand, then placed it on her stomach.

The crowd knew what that meant and erupted into louder cheers.

Braden hugged her and Cassidy ran up from the patio where she waited to join the hug.

"I love you, Fairleigh Jackson," he said rubbing her stomach, "and our baby too."

"I thank God every day you gave me another chance, my love. I promise to be the best wife and mother I can be."

Just then the song ended, and Braden kissed her, then announced, "That's enough ceremony for one day. Ladies and Gentlemen, the bar is open!"

The crowd cheered again, and they kissed once more. That one lasted longer than the others, with neither Braden nor Fairleigh wanting it to end.

Sandy and Avery looked on with tears in their eyes, and Sandy said, "I love it when a plan comes together."

The friends laughed and turned towards the reception tables. They knew the love their children shared would last and couldn't wait to see what came next in Braden and Fairleigh's lives.