All Comments on 'Boon of My Existence Ch. 03 of 03'

by 5thRing

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 7 years ago
Okay

The first ch was way too short and had little occur except short unrelated events. Unanswered questions that could lose many readers if they had to wait for next part.

The remaining parts followed, but you did try to answer the basic question raised in 1st.

Would suggest you issue this type of short tale in one part in the future. There was too little story in each ch to make anyone wait for more. I got through as I could read in one sitting with all 3 bits available.

5thRing5thRingalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To UltimateHomeBody

You're probably right about it needing to be 1 story. Chalk it up to me still getting used to publishing stories here.

As for the unanswered questions, I understand what you mean. It's a conflict between what makes a good single story and the "intent" for the story to be the first episode of a TV series. There are supposed to be things left unknown, to be discovered in future episodes.

The problem being that I won't be writing any future "episodes", and never intended to. You just have to take it in the spirit in which it was offered.

But I do thank you for your input.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Finally finished it. Too bad to hear you don't wanna write more of this story. Would've gladly read it. Personally I feel this could have been wrapped up in a couple of chapters and reminds me of Hancock a lot... Totally Hancock. Btw, did I mention this is not the correct website for these stories..

5thRing5thRingover 6 years agoAuthor
Re: "not the correct website"

Well, they do have a Non-Erotic category.... Granted, I didn't publish under that category. Only the first chapter was erotic, and I wanted to keep it all together.

I was still relatively new to the site when I published it, and I still feel kind of newish, but I hadn't figured out all the ins and outs.

My previous site publishing experience was on FanFic, where they let you divided your stories into chapters WITHIN the single publication, and I was working from a desire, yet inability, to do that here.

If I knew then what I know now, I would have just put it all in one publication, with visual dividers, and been done with it. Live and learn.

My story, "Divine Bastards", probably IS completely miscategorized, but I'm finding none these categories to be a really good fit for most of my stories.

Had a little trouble seeing the Hancock comparison, because I was thinking the character, instead of the whole movie, but yeah, I kinda do see a similarity. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user5thRing@5thRing
I love getting comments on my stories. I like honest CONSTRUCTIVE critiques: what SPECIFICALLY you liked and disliked. I'm seeking ways to improve because even I am not satisfied with my own work. Simply saying that you didn't like it is not helpful, at all. I have just su...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES