Born Into Darkness Ch. 16

Story Info
Reunion at last...
7.9k words
4.76
9k
15

Part 16 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 07/16/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Big thanks to my editor who has been nothing, but kind and patient with me. Life has been pretty hectic, but not enough to stop from writing. And a big thanks you my fans who have been nothing but patient and supportive. Thank you for all the messages and love. Enjoy.

*****

Sophie covered her hand over her belly as the goddess walks towards while she stood standing behind the three sisters. "I'm here, what do you want?"

The red headed goddess looked down at Sophie's stomach and glared at it with so much hatred.

"I came to see if it was true and it is. Sweet little Sophie is knocked up. What did you have to do drug him to fuck you?"

"No, I didn't have to," Sophie said nonchalant angering Eris.

"Estúpida [stupid], open your eyes, she won you lost go cry to one of your many sugar daddies." Neith flicked her wrist signaling the goddess to leave.

Eris' face turned almost as red as her hair, ignoring Neith she turned her attention back her main problem. "I bet you did, you stupid little whore, you just had to take him from me. Why didn't you just stay with your abusive boyfriend?" She said looking satisfied knowing Danny was a weak spot for her.

Sophie flinched and looked down at her slippers in humiliation. Everyone around her inhaled sharply.

"What you guys didn't know? Her last relationship the guy beat her constantly. Kyros just so happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and the bitch opened her legs." Eris laughed.

Feeling a hand on her shoulder Sophie looked back and saw Rain giving her the support she needed along with Neith.

"Leave Eris, you're not wanted here." Rain said.

"Oh I know, I just wanted to see for myself and break the news to father. Did you know he's been dying to get his hands on Kyros for eons to use him as his personal pet? But Nyx would rain hell on us; fucking whore wrecks everything. So he might settle for you after hearing from a couple loud-mouthed sisters claiming that the child would be more powerful than any god." Eris smirked.

The three sisters hissed and stepped forward ready to attack Eris only to have Sophie step in front of them. "Guys relax."

Ask growled from where he sat. "Touch Sophie and he'll not only hear from Kyros but from the rest of us. And I know for sure Daddy won't like it. We made him shit on himself once, nothing's stopping us from doing it again."

Eris cocked her hip to the side, ignoring the handsome god's threat. "There are more of you?"

Neith rubbed her temples. "You have two seconds to leave before I reveal everyone your real hair color."

The goddess eyes widened and vanished.

"Fucking bitch, I can't wait to ring her neck," Roxana growled.

*

Dean growled in irritation, not just because they were walking for miles in the middle of a snow storm, but was growing tired of hearing Kell complain about his wedgie, and couldn't pick it.

Kanati was humming to himself while Ajax inspected the weapons the ice men carried making them lose patience because of the shifter's constant questions.

"Hey, newbie I'd suggest you stop with the questions before they gag you." Dean huffed as he continued to walk.

His heart was the size of a pea of how many times it clenched at the thought of Sophie leaving him. His primary was weak and eager just to finish the manhunt and have Sophie back in their embrace.

He was an idiot for letting his emotions and lack of control get the best of him. Dean didn't have his powers from eons, until now and he felt as if he were a boy just learning mere basics. If only he were keener to his awareness he wouldn't have allowed whoever it was to take rein of his emotions.

Maybe Sophie would have been better off if he just left her alone after he saved her from that damion his brother sent. She would have been safer and her life would have been normal.

His shifter roared with the last bit of energy it had within at the thought giving up Sophie, making him snap out of his funk. If he left Sophie after that day she would have been once again in Danny's grasp and the last thing he'd ever want to see is Sophie defeated.

And even if he left her, she was carrying their child with enemies thirsting for his blood now knowing he's alive and they, much like Thanatos and Eris knew about Sophie. After all, it was his fight, not hers, she's innocent and wanted it to stay like that.

Sophie was staying no matter what. She's his mate and will stay his mate till death.

Small vibrations under his feet made Dean freeze so did the others. Kanati crouched to the ground and snapped his head to the right, there was nothing but wind and snow making it hard to see. But the ice men began to take out their weapons and their leader handed back Dean's sword and pistols, others followed his lead and Kell, Kanati and Ajax were ready and armed.

Cracks appeared beneath their feet causing the ground they were on to rise. Kanati stayed crouched feeling the ground and Dean watched the god for any signs of threat.

"You smell that?" The native god asks.

Dean took a whiff and wrinkled his nose. He looked over at Kell and so did the others even the ice men.

Kell crossed his arms in annoyance. "It wasn't me, and quite frankly I'm the not only one with an asshole. What, the rest of you shit ladybugs and baby kisses?"

Ajax chuckled. "You're a piece of work. Whoever the destined lucky lady is I swear will need to walk around with a hazmat suit constantly around you."

"I'll have you know pup I've been with countless women, none complained, if anything they sigh my name at the sight of me." Kell inspected his sword arrogantly.

Kanati stood up and smirked. "Lies you fuck, last time I raided a brothel with and Kyros the women pouted about your 'tiny' problem."

"What a fucking lie, you've all seen me naked, and I have nothing to hide in that category. I have a big dick, and that's one thing I'm proud to boast about. Want me to drop my pants and see? Oh, I know let's see what Rain has to say, hm?" It was Kell's turn to laugh.

Kanati's eyes gleamed as he pulled out a set of daggers slowly making his way to the about to be a dead god.

Dead was about to intervene when a ball of fire hit the ground startling them all. A loud screech made his ears ring and vision blur. Shaking his head he looked around and saw nothing that was until he looked up.

"What that fuck is that, it's so ugly and smells," Ajax asked covering his nose with his scarf.

"Chimera." The three of them said in unison. Only it was dead and rotting it was hard to identify what kind of animal parts the creature possessed.

Dean knew for a fact that they didn't smell like that. This one was different. They fought a handful of them and were a bitch to kill but never had he seen one so hideous.

The creature threw another fireball their way making them all dive out of the way. Dean looked over his shoulder to see the ice men were already attacking unsuccessfully and Ajax and the guys were dusting the snow off themselves while heading in his directions.

"This is going to be very hard without our powers," Ajax complained making them grunt in agreement.

Dean observed the creature and saw that it was made poorly, but nonetheless was lethal.

The native scrunched his nose. "That's one ugly son of a bitch. What do you suggest we do Captain Grumpy Pants?"

Scoffing at the native Dean shrugged while looking up at the creature. "Kill it any way possible."

"Gee great help you are brother." Kell went to help out and manage to scratch the Chimera on one of its wings injuring it.

A light bulb went off inside Dean's head. "Remove the wings bring it to the ground then kill it." Without a second thought, he stole one of Ajax's daggers and aimed it at the wings making the creature shriek. The icemen bellowed in war cry together and followed Dean's lead and aimed their weapons at the wings and within seconds the creature shrieked once more landing hard on the ground.

The smell of decay strengthened tenfold as soon the creature was back on its feet and lit its whole body on fire causing most of the icemen to fall back.

"Kell, what the fuck are you doing?" Dean yelled from afar.

The stupid fuck head decided now was a right time to roast a piece of jerky using the flames of the Chimera.

Kell looked over and smiled making the piece sign. "Did you get it?"

Ajax laughed as he waved the cell phone in the air. "Got it."

Kanati leaned over Ajax's shoulder and laughed as well. Dean couldn't help but smirk. Kell never took anything serious which was why they made the best partners, brothers till death.

Dean was just as amused that the Chimera stood still long enough for the photo until it used its tail to whip Kell to the side and head for them.

"Shit." Whipping out his pistol Dean aimed at the head and did nothing but piss it off. "Anyone else got a plan?"

"Run?" Kanati proposed.

"Push it off the ledge?" Ajax jabbed his thumb over to the cliff that almost killed them a moment ago.

Slapping the shifter on the back and pulled out the rope they used to climb the side of the mountain. Looping the rope into a makeshift collar he threw it over the Chimera's neck and tightened it making the creature turn its attention to him.

Kell ran behind him and tugged on the rope helping him to guide the Chimera to the ledge. It was hard trying to lure the creature to the ledge when it continued to thrash around.

"Move your lazy asses and grab some rope," Dean grunted.

*

Sophie cradled baby Sophia in her arms as she sucked on her finger. Junior was sleeping next to her, curled up in a ball with his head on her lap and a thumb in his mouth.

The guys left to go help Ask with setting up Gina's room to accommodate the baby. Sophie didn't mind at all taking care of these two bundles of joy.

She couldn't wait to have her baby here so she could hold in her arms and kiss till his little cheeks turned red.

A soft knock on her door startled Sophie. An old woman walked in with a warm smile and Sophie smiled in return.

"What can I help you with ma'am?" Sophie asked slowly moving out of the bed making sure Junior didn't wake up.

The old woman's eyes watered as she stared down at Sophie's stomach. "I remember when Kyros was born, he as the most handsome baby I've ever laid eyes on."

Sophie smiled and led the woman to the small coffee table. "Do you want something to drink, to eat? I can go to the kitchen and get something for you, ma'am."

The old woman wrapped her warm hands around one of Sophie's. "I'm fine sweet one, please sit and let us talk."

Sophie obeyed the old woman and hugged Sophia close to her chest rocking the baby back and forth.

The old woman looked like a gentle soul, even though Sophie never met this woman before she felt like there was something that connected the both of in some sort of way she just couldn't put her finger on it. Nonetheless, the old woman in front of her looked like a woman who she can confide in.

"I hear you are expecting and are the mate of Kyros, Olympians really love to gossip." The old woman chuckled.

Sophie smiled and looked over to see in Junior was ok and the cute baby boy was still sleeping peacefully.

"I am." She confirmed.

The old woman clasped her hands together in glee and laughed softly. "It makes my heart sing to see him with someone gentle and sweet such as yourself. But I sense you're troubled by something sweet one."

Looking down at Sophia she pulled the blanket tighter around the baby. "I am troubled ma'am. I hope I'm not coming on too strong, but how do you know so much about Dean and me?"

"I'm a seer and I helped Kyros from infancy till adulthood."

Nodding her head in understanding Sophie motioned for the old woman to continue. "I also help around Olympus and it gives me the upper hand in knowing everything about everyone. Once Eris went on and on about my s- Kyros finding his mate, I did everything in my power to help protect you, but I had to try while not giving it away or else I would have been banished from their temples."

Sophie's eyebrows crinkled together in thought. "You know what Dean did to me; you just want to hear my side of the story." It was more of a statement than a question.

The old woman nodded.

Sighing Sophie at the old woman, "Eris or whoever charmed Dean and the others to attack their partner's, only it got violent and this was after taking a couple pregnancy tests to ease my suspicions. Dean-" Closing her eyes Sophie lowered her head to avoid from crying and continued. "Dean hit me, called me weak and preferred to be with Eris over me and it hurt me; to top it all off Kell roughly planted his knee on my back, I tried to move only to have him grabbed my hair and shoved me inside the house. This was the second time he attacked me."

Looking up at the old woman she too was fighting back tears. "Before I met Dean I was running away from an ex who only found pleasure in abusing me and I thought he loved me, I'm scared of going back after all of this is over because now I have a baby on the way. What if someone charms Dean again and hurts me and the baby I can never let that happen."

The old lady reached over to her and held her hand. "It won't sweet one I promise you. Please give my s- Kryos another chance."

Sophie laughed. "I already forgave him, even though he did all those things he's still my mate and the father of my unborn son, I love him with every fiber of my being ma'am and I'm scared to be with him but the last time I contacted him he sounded genuinely wounded without me and I feel the same way I need him by my side. But he has to work really hard to make me feel safe.

"You remind me of myself." The old lady looked at Sophie with her warm gold eyes very similar to Dean's when he's in Shifter mode.

Sophie blushed at the old woman's words.

"Now tell me what makes you worthy of being his mate?" The old woman's face went from sweet to deadly serious the next, putting Sophie on edge. She felt her eyes change and her primary come forth to protect their unborn boy.

The old woman smiled. "I mean no harm to you and your child Sophie, beautiful eye color I might add."

Sophie slightly relaxed, but still kept a trained eye on the old woman. "To be honest ma'am I'm not worthy to be with anyone, I'm just an orphan, to be honest, that had to grow up faster than others. But there is not one day that Dean doesn't remind me that I am worthy and he's the one that was blessed. It took a while to get used to his words,but I believe I'm the blessed one, no one has ever loved me so much, I would do anything for him even give up mini marshmallows for a whole year if he asked me to."

"Mini Marshmallows?" The old woman questioned.

Before Sophie could explain, the gang walked in rather loudly waking up Junior and Sophia. Gina walked over to her and smiled down at her daughter.

"Thank you, Sophie."

"No need, I'm happy to take care of her she behaved so well and I can't get over how beautiful she is, look at all that hair." Sophie softly caressed the baby's head and turned her attention to the old woman who was no longer there.

Neith was now sitting on the chair showing something to Rain.

Ask had his son in his arms and walked out the room with Gina in front of him.

"Sophie...?" Neith said looking at her mischievously.

Sophie looked at the goddess and backed up behind the chair to hide. "Yes?"

"Rain and I were wondering if we can take you shopping for baby clothes and maternity clothes." She said with her hands clasped together trying to look innocent.

Groaning Sophie looked at Rain who was just as eager. "Fine, since all I have left are leggings and Dean's shirts."

The goddess wrinkled her nose. "Al fin! Iba a decir algo sobre eso." [Finally, I was going to say something about that.]

Rain smacked Neith's arm. "Sophie is beautiful in everything she wears leave her alone."

Neith scoffed. "Of course she is. I'm just saying she would look better if she didn't dress like that."

"Guys I'm right here. Are we going shopping or not? I still have Dean's credit card let's use this bad boy." Sophie laughed evilly.

The two goddesses laugh as they flash out.

*

"Ah, the fucker burnt my jerky stash!" Kell bellowed hugged the ashes of what remained of his jerky.

Dean had no time to reply back he was too busy trying not to die by the still alive chimera that would fucking not die.

He tucked and rolled to the right only to have the tail whip him back sending him on his back and the creature was now on top of him.

It tried to bite him, but he held his sword sideways to keep the creature from closing its mouth on him. The sword cut into his hands making in grunt in pain knowing it'll take a while for it to heal after this was over.

"Are you guys even trying?" Dean grunted under the chimera.

"Fuck off Dean, it's not easy on us either this thing is tough bitch and if a certain someone would get off their ass instead of crying over dried beef that would be lovely," Kanati grunted back trying to pull the chimera back.

The icemen are trying to help, but aren't really make much of a difference.

Guess if you wanted something done you have to do it yourself. "Kanati throw me a dagger."

The native complied with his demand and in the next second, the weapon was next to him. Quickly grabbing it he used his feet to push the creature back and using that to his advantage he sliced its throat.

Dean was covered in black tar, not that he cared. He was just glad that it was finally dead.

The icemen cheered while Dean took the sleeve of his arm to wipe his face and looked at their leader. "Are we still prisoners or do we have to fight you and your men?"

The cheering suddenly stopped and the icemen looked at him with expressionless. "We are to take you to the cold one. He asked that we bring you and the rest to him."

"The cold one? Who the fuck is that, sounds like an evil villain." Kell laughed.

Kanati scoffed. "Shut up, you conceited shit, you have an action figure of yourself I've seen you play with it."

Dean ground his teeth in annoyance he was starting to think he should've left the guys behind.

He would've been found Heim without any trouble. "Does this cold one have a name?"

The ice man was about to speak when an arrow landed between them.

"Are you kidding me this better not be an arrow spitting Chimera, and if it is I'm sitting out because I'm not about to smell like donkey ass, no offense brother," Kell said crossing his arms.

A malicious laugh echoed all around them.

Dean broke into a face-splitting grin. "You mother fucker, come out to play you little shit."

Kanati's eyebrows rose. "No fucking way, he was messing with us the whole time? We could have died! When I get my hands on you, I swear to all things womanly and soft I'll ring your neck." The native was furious pacing back and forth waving his arms around.

There was a shadow a far, the wind howled around them violently making Dean shuddered; this place was a wasteland anyone but Heim would die here.

The icemen moved into formation as if they were facing a king and saluted.

It was Dean's turn to cross his arms and watched as the man walked to the clearing and faced them.

He was covered in animal skins with weapons strapped everywhere on his body. Not to mention the lion head he was using as a helmet. The man was the definition of old school and crazy.

Dean was starting to re-think his plan now. Was Sophie going to be safe around Heim?

*

"Oh my goodness!" Rain squealed along with Sophie as they shoved countless animal pajamas in the cart as Neith pushed it shaking her head.

Sophie never felt better looking at all the baby stuff around her; she is so excited to have this baby.