Born Into Darkness Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Their cart overflowed with baby stuff from the necessities to the abundant amount of baby clothes.

"This baby is going to be so spoiled." She said laughing at Rain who came back with more animal clothes.

Neith shrugged. "I doubt it, especially with someone as humble as you for a mother."

Sophie's heart filled with love. "Thanks guys for pulling me out of my funk."

"Yeah like we were going to let you stay in bed all day, no bueno for the baby and mama bear. And you really need clothes that fit you." Rain said patting Sophie's stomach.

And on queue, her stomach growled making Sophie blush. "Let's check out then get something to eat, I'm starving."

The mall they took her too was small, but looking out the store windows there were a lot of people walking around; some families with small children and couples young and old holding hands and looking at each other lovingly making Sophie a little jealous.

People in the mall started running and debris was flying everywhere. Sophie's eyes went wide when she saw two gods look around them and landed where she and both smirked and made their way to her.

"Guys, we have company," Sophie commented. She felt her body heat up and her eyes changed considering she saw everything much sharper than before.

The two gods entered.

"Why, am I not surprised, coming to do daddy's bidding Apollo? And what about you Dionysus?" Neith said annoyed.

The god Dionysus swayed in front of them. He was lean like Apollo but looked out of place. Apollo, on the other hand, looked evil he ignored Neith's banter and glared at Sophie.

"Give us the girl and no one gets hurt." He demanded.

Rain giggled. "And if we don't you pout and run to daddy, we get it."

Apollo flashed and grabbed Sophie only to be planted flat on his back with one of her hands wrapped around his throat.

"No one touches me." Sophie was seeing black, she wanted to bathe in the god's blood so bad, but inside she knew it was bad and not good for the baby.

The god flashed out and pulled out a sword. Sophie didn't think twice about doing the same.

Rain and Neith were busy with Dionysus who was putting up a hell of a fight.

Sophie heard the swish of a sword and moved back and Apollo missed her by an inch making her gasp.

"Stand down doll face, and come with me." He said arrogantly.

Sophie bellowed and swung her sword like the sisters taught her. She was no longer afraid she had the power to defend herself. Succeeding in striking the Apollo's sword hard enough to knock it out of his hands and aimed hers at his throat.

Sweat covered her face and tried to control her heavy breathing. "You are not touching me or my baby. Please leave."

The god smirked he was not going to back down. "When I get my hands on you I will rip that baby out of you with my bare hands."

Sophie's fear was quickly replaced by anger; feeling her powers spread from her chest to the rest of her body Sophie allowed it to consume her. Dropping the sword and shifted into her primary.

She didn't have time to think only react and pounced on top of the now speechless, small god and roared.

Behind her, she heard Dionysus curse and Rain laughing.

"Looks like your friend left you all alone." She commented as she patted Sophie's side.

The god squirmed under Sophie's weight and gave up.

Neith snapped her fingers and the god was hog-tied with an apple in his mouth. Sophie would've laughed, but she didn't feel safe enough to shift back.

They all flashed back to the Amazon and the sisters were there waiting with the whole gang.

Ask and Gina gasped when they saw Sophie's large form and actually stepped back while their son Junior escaped them and ran at Sophie.

He nuzzled his face in her fur, Sophie lied on her side allowing him free range to play with her fur while she purred at how amazing his little hands felt running up and down her side.

Phoebe smiled at the petrified couple. "It's still her she just doesn't feel safe at the moment with Apollo near her." She looked over at the god and waved. "It's been a long time since I saw you handsome, you still own me a couple scars after our last encounter. What do you say pumpkin?"

The god now shirked and tried to move away from them. Ask now seeing Sophie was no threat he walked over to her and petted her. "You're literally glowing like the sisters, how is that possible?"

The sisters walked up and smiled mischievously. "We gave her a few our powers and so did an anonymous donor who shall be revealed later."

Ask shook his head and looked back at her. "Can you change into something else or is that it?"

Sophie changed into her white wolf form and barked looked up at him.

The god didn't think twice and picked her up making Sophie yelp at his sudden actions. "She looks like a little fur ball. Gina can we get a little wolf like this when we get back home, or a dog I know Junior would love a puppy right kid?"

Junior clapped his hands together and reached for Sophie. Ask set her down only to have Junior's arms wrapped around her neck like a teddy bear making everyone coo at them.

Everyone laughed at them. It was nice being back here.

Sophie's back stood stiffly she remembered they forgot to bring back the stuff they bought.

"Don't worry I put them in your room." Roxana walked in later with a camera taking pictures as she squealed in delight. "I need a picture in your last form, please!"

Sophie shifted one last time and everyone cooed even more while Junior played with her tail wrapping around his chubby hands making everyone laugh as Junior grew frustrated in trying to re-catch it with his slow baby reflexes.

Gina handed Ask their newborn and crouched slowly to pet Sophie. When her hand reached her belly she rolled on her back and purred. She loved all the attention she was getting from everyone. Even Atropos moved closer to get a better look at her.

"What the fuck is everyone looking at?" Sophie's whole body froze hearing that familiar voice. Fear was quickly replaced by anger; her body was growing warmer by the second while her powers radiated throughout her body.

She was ready for a battle, if anyone touched her again without her permission she was going out for blood; she has a baby to protect and will kill anyone who posed a threat to her.

Her whole body shifted into her Primary and she was vicious as well wanting to protect their baby. Everyone backed away from her as she growled as her body tensed to the ground ready to pounce.

"You weren't kidding Kyros, you fucked up. Hell, I'd rip your dick off for even breathing." This new voice made Sophie whip her head in his direction and growled.

The man wore animal skins and weapons were strapped on every visible part of his body; he also had a lion's head as a helmet so it was hard to see his face.

He raised his hands in surrender. "Whoa mama cat, I come in peace and have no relation to the idiots behind me."

Sophie wanted to believe him, but she still growled at him.

Her nausea was beginning to arise again; it occurs anytime she's under extreme stress causing her to be dizzy.

There was a whining behind the newcomer and saw Dean's primary come forth. Sophie wanted to so badly run to him for comfort, but for her sake and her baby's, she was going to distance herself from Dean. She didn't trust him and the same goes for Kell.

"Ow Rain I get it I'm in trouble, I'm sorry." Kanati was being struck by building blocks. Rain had a bundle in one arm while she chucked them at the god with the other. Roxana was by Sophie's side holding her guns at her side while Ajax who has also shifted was whining with his belly on the ground.

The newcomer laughed as he went to go hug Neith who wrinkled her nose when the fur from the lion's mane touched her face. "Ay que asco!" [Ew that's disgusting] she shoved the god away and shuddered in disgust.

"Don't be like that baby; you know you love me all rugged and dangerous." He teased as he posed flexing for the goddess.

Neith scoffed crossing her arms over her chest. "Please go take a shower you smell."

A loud contagious male laugh behind Sophie made the atmosphere much calmer her primary was no longer tense, but still kept an eye on the two men across from her.

"Good one!" Ask praised.

Sophie shifted back to her normal self and made sure to have clothes on her body.

Rain squealed dropping everything and ran to her. "You look so cute I told you the light pink top was going to make you look so pretty."

Rolling her eyes, she looked at the man standing next to Neith still. He slowly approached her and removed the lion head from his face; he did not look as bad as Sophie pictured him to be; he was quite handsome.

His hair was a little long his beard was a little long too with patches of white scattered around only making him look sagely handsome. His eyes were an intense dark brown; Sophie would have been easily unnerved by them, but ever since her training the sister said to always look into the eyes of a newcomer even if they were no threat and show no emotion until she thought until seeing if they were either friend or foe.

The god made the first move and stuck out his hand and gave her a warm smile. "I'm Heim the crazy son of a bitch that they were looking for, you must be Sophie. I thought you'd be taller."

Sophie let her guard down and relaxed. "I'm she and this is as tall as I get sadly."

The god laughed making his eyes crinkle at the edge. Unlike Ask's contagious laugh his was eviler, giving Sophie the chills.

"Can I say hi next or am I in solitary confinement?" Asked Kanati; Ajax's head perked up and barked as he shifted back to his original body.

Sophie smiled at them and embraced the native in a tight bear hug and Ajax hugged her too, but quickly pulled away from her since Roxana was beside her holding a very large gun.

"We missed your cooking Sophie. And showering; Zeus' ass crack it sucked over there. Let me tell you something short stuff; those two have to be the grumpiest pair of old ladies to travel with." Kanati said jabbing a thumb behind him.

He went to over to go congratulate Ask and Gina. Ajax went to try and talk to Roxana and Sophie was left to face the two men who were in big trouble.

Looking at them now, they did look like crap. Dean smelled horrible and was covered in tar and dirt, his eyes were sunken in and black looking restless. Kell was twitchy and looked everywhere else besides her.

"You guys look like hell. Go clean up we'll talk after dinner." Sophie flashed to her room and ran to the bathroom to throw up. She held everything in not wanting to show weakness. Dean looked so dead and lost she wanted to pull him into her arms and never let go, but she needed to do this, to show she was not kidding about having Dean to work for her trust.

Sophie closed off her mate bond with Dean so she could have a piece of mind, she felt him push into her mind to try and reach out. If he wanted to talk he better say it in person and not through their bond.

Flushing the toilet and went to brush her teeth she began planning what she was going to cook for dinner. She was about to call the women as soon as she left the bathroom only to find them already in the kitchen.

Smiling Sophie went to work with the others. They diced, grilled and boiled to their heart's content and once they were done they fixed the table placing the food at the center.

One by one they entered to find somewhere to sit. Sophie made sure to reserve two seats for Dean and Kell, once they showed they took the two seats in front of her, she made sure they were facing her and not sitting by her side. Dean and Kell were clean and staring at her belly. Kell was slightly more relaxed than Dean and smiled her way. Dean, on the other hand, remained with the same heartbroken expression he had since they arrived.

The food was being passed around. Kell threw himself across the table when he saw the bread he liked and took handfuls, only to be slapped on the back of his head by Heim. The God seemed to enjoy her food too; he was actually on his fourth plate.

"Sophie, aren't you going to eat?" Dean asked making the table go silent.

Sophie looked down at her plate with a couple fruit slices. The thought of eating anything other than fruits made her stomach churn uncomfortably. Her hand moved down to rub her belly, to trying to settle it. "Morning sickness, fruits are the only thing that sits well."

Dean nodded and began eating as soon as he saw her grab a mango slice. He was happy to see her in one piece, practically glowing. His hands itched to rub her belly where their unborn son grew. He wanted to place her in his lap and hold her; it was agonizing to see her sitting across from him and not being able to touch her. But he's willing to do anything and everything to get his Sophie back.

"So Sophie, what is a beautiful woman like you doing with a hairy beast like Dean?" Heim asked with a mouthful of rice and beans.

Sophie smiled at the God. "He rescued me."

Heim swallowed and grinned back. "Interesting, what did you do before you met him?"

"I was a nurse at a hospital."

The God hummed. "So you're comfortable around blood gore?"

Of course, she was ok with that; she loved getting her hand dirty. "Of course and seeing a couple butt cracks here and there from loopy old men."

Heim bellowed out in laughter, slapping the table having everyone else join in. Neith almost choked on her juice and glared at Sophie.

The God reached over to Dean and slapped him on the back. "I like her."

"Here, here." Ajax hooted, as he slipped a hand around Roxana's chair careful not to touch her. "Hey Soph I need you to look at this wound I have I can't tell if it healed or not."

Sophie got up and singled him to follow her. The God lifted the back of his shirt to reveal a nasty scratch. Using her powers to manifest some gloves she probes the wound making the God hiss. "Nothing serious, I can stitch it up if you want."

Ajax turned around and smiled. "Nah, I need you to tell a small little lie to Rox, tell her it's infected and needs to be treated hourly."

Sophie shook her head. "You can't do that; she'll kill you if she finds out."

The shifter signed. "It was worth a shot right? I just want a little affection from her, I missed her so much. I can't even touch her and its killing me inside."

Biting her lip Sophie began playing with the hem of her pink maternity blouse. She wonders if that's how Dean felt sitting across from her; the thought didn't sit well in her stomach making her rub her belly again. Maybe she should let Dean sit next to her, maybe she should let him rub her belly and feel their son too.

Looking up at Ajax in sympathy, she placed a hand on his shoulder. "Tell her that. She misses you too, she may seem closed off, but I bet she's dying to throw herself in your arms."

Sophie went back to her seat and slowly sat down. Dean's head jerked in her direction making sure she was ok. She smiled as she fixed her blouse and reached for another piece of fruit. She hiccupped and the same glitter and bubbles appeared making the girls giggle and the men stare at her as if she grew three heads.

Dean was by her side in a blink with his hands cupping her face.

"What the fuck was that?" Kell asked trying not to laugh. Sophie flicked a blueberry in his direction hitting him right on the forehead. Nieth laughed behind her hand while Ask straight up bellowed out shaking the whole table.

"Relax Dean its part of the morning sickness." Rain said as she played with Junior.

Dean looked into Sophie's eyes and narrowed them in speculation. "I've never seen or heard about this."

Without a second though Dean picked up Sophie, carried her to his seat and placed her in his lap. At first, she began to complain, but as soon as he began rubbing her feet she was pudding in his arms. Within minutes she was asleep, curled up in his lap, pressing her belly against him.

Their baby was in between them, protected and safe. Dean began to feel choked up; his hand shook as he placed it on her stomach and felt an automatic connection to his son.

"Don't fuck up again big head, she's a keeper." Ask said holding his tiny daughter in his hands.

Dean looked up at his friend keeping his hand on Sophie's stomach. "So this is how it feels like."

Ask chuckled softly. "Oh yeah, it gets better when they arrive... no scratch that, it gets really bad during the birth then once they arrive it gets all better." Gina slapped her husband on the arm and narrowed her eyes at him.

"Yeah like you did all the work." She sarcastically remarked .

Worry and fear gripped his stomach just thinking about Sophie being in that much pain. That's the downfall of having children the women suffered while the men squirm in a corner and watched.

"Don't worry I have a puke bucket with your name written all over it," Kell said mischievously.

Dean glared at his friend. "I just might put you on diaper duty, or better yet have Sophie put one in you."

His friend laughed. "Tired that and loved it."

Everyone at the table groaned and they slowly left one by one to their rooms. Dean carried Sophie to hers, tucking her in bed removing her shoes and kissed her on the forehead, he shifted into his primary and curled up beside the bed.

He didn't know if sleeping alongside Sophie would be pushing it so he was playing it safe; his primary was on guard duty while he slept since he didn't do much of that when he and the guys were out getting Heim.

*

Dean yawned and stretched, but remained in his primary form; he doesn't plan on shifting back till Sophie woke up. As he was about to roll over he felt something small squirm and mewl against his chest. Looking over under his still shifted arm he saw Sophie in her oncilla form purring against his chest as she slept. Her paws were tangled in his fur, while her head was tucked away under his chin.

Instinctually he curled her up into him and observed her while she slept. Her baby bump grew slightly larger overnight, making it easy for him to spot. If he weren't in his primary, he'd have the largest smile on his face. Sophie trusted him. She moved from the bed to the floor just so she could sleep with him. She probably got cold or needed to cuddle; for being so tiny Sophie did love to cuddle.

He wouldn't have it any other way. He loved having her in his arms knowing he was protecting her; especially now that he was protecting not only her but their baby. The idea of him about to become a father was still fresh; he'll never get over the idea. He found happiness in his world of darkness and loneliness, nothing and one was going to take them from him.

Whimpering from Sophie made him look down at her, she slowly untangles herself from his body; she gracefully stretched while nuzzling his fur. Her eyes opened beautiful sapphire eyes and looked up at him. "Morning." She spoke through their now open mate link.

Dean pulled her back down and curled her small body with his. "Morning love, how did you sleep? Are you feeling ok? How's the baby?"

He heard Sophie laugh at him through their link. She wormed her away from in making him whimper in disappointment. "I'm fine, but he's currently crushing my bladder." Sophie quickly shifted and ran to the bathroom. Dean laughed and shifted as well wearing a pair of sweats, nothing more.

The door of their bedroom slammed open and in came Kell with a blanket still wrapped around him along with rumpled hair. Without as much as a word he walked over to their bed and threw himself on top of it.

"Kell what are you doing in our bed?"

Kell murmured incoherently.

"I don't know what you're saying; use your big boy words." Dean teased.