All Comments on 'Bound by the Past Ch. 02'

by backwardsglance

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Since when is beating a rape/kidnap/blackmail victim into subservience a form of BDSM and not non-con/reluc? Sumayya is not a submissive, she's being beaten into becoming one. Her "Master" is nothing more than a common rapist using the fact that he's made his blackmail victim "beg" him for it by brutalizing her until she has no choice. Not by sexual means, not by anything other than any common thug could do in a standard non-con. Dropping the word "Master" or "Sir" in there doesn't change that.

It may be that the plot in later chapters will reveal some huge shift in this man's character that makes him sorry for what he's done, and I'll avoid voting on this story until more of his motives are revealed. What it comes down to, though, is that either the story or the category needs some adjustment. This works as a non-con, or it could work as a BDSM if he makes amends for the godawful things he's done to her without her consent, but in the meantime, hanging it halfway between the two doesn't work. It doesn't transcend category, it just wrongly portrays rape as another form of BDSM, and BDSM is not rape, nor is it reluctance under duress.

backwardsglancebackwardsglancealmost 12 years agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous,

First of all, I'd like to say that this is a work of fiction, and is certainly not meant to be an example of a real life relationship of any kind, BDSM or otherwise. I did debate putting this in the Non-Consent category, but eventually decided BDSM was equally appropriate. If my choice offends you, I apologize.

I don't want to give anything away as far as the future direction of this story is concerned, but I will say that things are often more complex than they first appear.

Regards,

backwardsglance

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous