Bourbon Tasting

Story Info
Mixing Bourbon and Pleasure after the Auction.
8.2k words
4.8
11.1k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"This is gonna be the longest night in history." They hadn't even got from the reception bar to the tables yet and he was dreading it. This was a big client of his firm, and this as their big fundraiser of the year. So, his team bought tickets for three tables at $2000 each. $250 a seat. It had better be the best prime rib he's ever had.

Then when it got to the auction, him or his number two guy were going to bid at least five grand on something. Plus, the air fare and his hotel suite. This was a ten-thousand-dollar weekend. The firm was paying most of it. The auction bid was going to be out of his pocket, but he made more than that from this client - last month alone. The money went to a good cause, so what the Hell? The booze was free - to loosen the purse strings.

He knew his counterpart well. Good guy, appreciated that this was part of the game. In a few months, the client would buy a bunch of foursomes for the firm's golf outing. The client's executive VP, Bill was a stand-up guy. When he got to his suite, there was a very nice bottle of bourbon on the counter. No note. But Larry knew. Bourbon was a shared passion. It was a violation of each other's company rules. But one they both ignored. —-

When he stopped for his seat ticket, he saw Bill had decided that it would be more fun to place his table right up front. He chuckled when his biggest competitor walked up next to him and said "I see that Bill put us both under the spotlight. My table is next to yours. My plan is to come in second to you on every bid. "

It really would be a fun strategy. Push each other to the brink and screw the other guy. This guy seems decent. "Well, you've come in second on every other deal this year Why change tactics now?"

That got a legitimate laugh from the guy and his rather attractive wife. Very attractive. Her dress cost more than a table tonight and her jewelry cost someone a pile of green over the years. She wore it very nicely for a mid-fifties, a little overweight - but it looks like it was all in her boobs. He did love boobs.

—-

A hundred years ago, his wife's boobs were the first thing Larry had noticed. Ex Wife? He still thought of her as his wife, even after the divorce. After their youngest finished college, they decided to go their own ways. Very polite. She kept the big house. He kept the lake house. Then bought himself an apartment close to work. It's been almost a year since the paperwork. He'd seen her at birthdays and holidays. But it was lonely.

In the last year, he hadn't been that lonely. There had been a few women. The older ones don't have a need for pretense, a nice dinner, then an invitation for a drink. "On the patio or in the bedroom?" Had been the most blatant question. But it was just a question. No problem with whatever he chose. In that case, it was the patio. At least the first drink.

None of those dates led to much beyond the second or third date. They were fun, just no connection. At fifty-six, he was still in good shape. Tennis helped, so did the running. Well jogging. He wasn't gonna run a marathon. But he had worn out a couple his dates before he was ready to stop.

He made his way inside the banquet hall and the manager of the local office caught him. "Would you mind stopping back here in steerage? We've filled the two tables with folks from the office. They'd love to meet the important guy from Chicago."

"Sure, I would. Let me spend some time with nice people for a change."

He noticed her before they even got to the table. Long red hair, DDs at least. Maybe 27 or 28. She was wearing a black dress that she must have bought at the local department store, nothing fancy. It looked great on her, but she'd be amazing in a really nice dress. Black and creme colored. She as nervous just standing next to her chair. Very impressed with the room and the table. What does she do for the firm?

The manager went to the other table first. He took a moment welcoming all of them. Thanking them for coming to the event to represent the firm. Turns out the rest of his table was gonna be the branch's senior leaders. Great. Three plus hours of ass kissers...

Then he came to the third table. "Make eye contact with every woman. Be able to say her name and color. No peaks at the cleavage! He'd worked on that for years."

Blue eyes. That was gonna be easy. Shit he already forgot the names of the first husband and wife. The branch manager had held a contest. Opened it to everyone. They raised about $3000 for tonight's charity. These two tables were the top ten fund raisers and their guests.

Then the manager got to the tiny brunette. "..and this is Sheila and her, um, guest?"

"Damn." He thought. "She's gay." Why was he disappointed?

Sheila was very excited and blurted out "This is my best friend Tracy. We can't believe we are actually here. This hotel is amazing. When I won the contest, Tracy said she'd kill me if I didn't bring her."

Tracy extended her hand "Very nice to meet you Mr.?"

He took it her hand, lightly shook it. Soft skin, slightly moist. Nervous. "Oh no. Tonight it is Larry to all of you please. I don't want to think people are talking to my old man all night. Enjoy yourselves! Don't forget to bid at the auction."

Walking to his seat, he thought. "Tracy. Blue eyes. Stunning blue eyes."

During dinner, the MC started describing the items that were coming up. A trip to Paris. A trip to San Francisco. Some bracelets and earrings. And some very nice necklaces. The sapphire one on a simple silver chain was lovely. While everyone ate dinner, people walked through the room selling raffle tickets and allowing people to try on the jewelry.

He had chosen a seat with his back to the wall and facing the room. He wasn't paranoid, just usually bored. This way he could people watch. That's how he noticed Tracy, with the stunning blue eyes as she tried on the sapphire necklace. She was thirty feet away, and it looked amazing resting there on her chest.

She looked over and caught him staring at her. Rather than deflect her eyes, she looked right at him, turned towards him and indicated the necklace, as if to say "doesn't it look great?"

He smiled and nodded in agreement. It did look great. He broke eye contact first and he didn't know why.

...

She wasn't wearing the classic Little Black Dress. He considered what she chose, it was simple, inexpensive, she probably had worn it before. It did suit her well. Her chair was positioned to let him see her in profile. He enjoyed the view. The top third of her dress was creme colored and ringed with rhinestones. It pushed her breasts up very nicely without making them the sole focus. The bottom two thirds were black and ended above her knees. Her skin was even paler against the black material. Not unhealthy, just pale. He could even make out her thigh muscle when she moved in her seat.

Damn she caught him looking again. She must think he's a dirty old man. Salt and pepper only gets you so far he thought. Well at least she doesn't work at the firm. She smiled and slightly turned her head. He felt like she was staring him down. Then she winked at him, as if to say 'caught you again'.

And she had.

He turned to the bidding. Everyone had a paddle with number and their name on it. They had a little book with all the items listed on each table. He started early having marked a couple items that would be nice gifts for his daughters or family. He really did want that Omega watch. He won it for $5000, his buddy with blonde wife at the next table had bid him up at least a grand higher than he wanted.

The next item was a very nice diamond necklace. He had noticed that the buxom blonde had underlined it and put a star next to it in her little book. He barely looked at the poor guy, every time he overbid him. Until he'd jacked the price up at least three grand higher than he should have bid on it. Laugh at that jackass.

He let some others win the next few items. Then there was the $900 bottle of Special Release Elmer T Lee bourbon, that he got for $3200. That was worth it.

He was about done when the sapphire necklace came up. The thought of it resting on the alabaster chest of Tracy, with the stunning blue eyes, was rather exciting and sexy. Reflexively, he looked over at her.

He was a bit surprised to see her with a paddle in her hand. She was looking at Sheila, seeking permission. Sheila nodded her head yes. Then she did that thing that women do, holding Tracy's arm in support.

Tracy made the first bid, $250. She stayed in as the price went to $500, then $700. She was looking nervous. Larry had negotiated his whole life; he knew she was close to her limit. She's wearing a $99 dollar dress from the mall $50 shoes from Payless, and bidding $700 on a necklace? That's gotta be a week's pay or more, right?

At $900, Tracy looked at Sheila. Sheila nodded "No". She looked crestfallen.

"$950?" Asked the auctioneer.

Then a new player jumped in. His boy with the blonde wife. He raised his paddle. He glanced over to Tracy. He could see her mind calculating. She raised her paddle nervously. $1000.

Blondie's husband raised his paddle. "1100."

Tracy put her paddle down and picked up her drink.

The auctioneer asked "$1200"

Larry picked up his paddle. "2000"

Hubby looked right at him. "Three."

"Five" this got personal and he didn't know why. Well, he knew. This was about his people. Or was it? Maybe one sad girl.

"Six." He's fucking with me. Thought Larry.

Funny thing, Larry decided right there that they were gonna underbid every deal for the next year, if they went against that guy.

"Eight". Replied Larry.

He blonde was holding her husband's arm in the table and say "No more."

He reminded himself that this was in a contest that he had to win. Sometimes he had to consciously shut down the alpha male that was so much a part of his personality. He glanced over at Tracy, her and Sheila were shaking their heads and talking to each other. Probably a bit surprised that a $1500 necklace just got sold for that much money. Yet again Tracy caught him looking at her across the room. He made eye contact, raised his drink, nodded his head and finished up the last of his bourbon in one swallow.

...

When the auction wound down, Bill got up thanked everybody for their contributions and their bids.

He welcomed everybody to stay for dessert and some dancing, in a live band took the stage and started playing after dinner music and some Pop songs from the last 30 years. Larry made his way back to the other tables. When he excused himself from the ass kissers, he told them he wanted to go spend some time with the working people.

They brought all of his prizes in a nice little bag in exchange for his credit card. He was sitting at the table talking to the branch manager and Sheila and thinking about nothing what a gorgeous redhead sitting across from him. She was quite aware of his attention. This one was very special he thought. She even moved in a sensual way.

There was definitely something about her. She got up to use the lady's room and made a point of walking past him. Letting him get the full view of her from the back. It was a nice view.

When she walked back, she made eye contact with them and never broke it until she sat back in her chair. He was intrigued by her. There is something special there When she walked back, she made eye contact with them and never broke it until she sat back in her chair. He was intrigued by her. There was something special there.

He knew how to small talk and he did. With almost everyone at the table. And then the singer started calling everyone up to dance.

...

Long ago, a friend that he considered a mentor in business, and told him to take dance lessons. It was the 80s and he thought it was ridiculous. But he and his wife took dance classes every Wednesday night for a couple of months. The payoff was amazing. Over the years, he had danced with hundreds of women for business or social reasons and events. No Fred Astaire moves, just basic counting. Tonight, he danced with most of the wives.

When they played "the slide" and "the hustle" he was out on the dance floor too. It's so many events especially in the early years the boss's wife or the customers wife brought him to the table to pay complements. Good press never hurt.

And the latter years it was just fun to dance with the attractive women while their husbands sat and drank. There had been more than one offer made on the dance floor.

He danced with everyone, except Tracy with the blue eyes. Sheila was his last dance, as he walked her back to the table, she picked up her coat and purse. Tracy turned to him and said "I never got my dance".

"well maybe I can get the band to play one more song. "

Sheila took her by the arm and said "Tracy, let's just go I have to get home to the babysitter. I'm sure Larry is tired from a long day. "

Tracy turned to her and said "why don't you go along ahead, I'll just get an Uber home from here, I shouldn't be driving tonight anyways. "

"Are you sure? I could drop you off on the way home. It's not that far out of the way"

"No. Just get home to the kids. I'm a big girl I'll find my way." Said Tracy

Taking the clue, he walked over to the band and asked if he could get one more song, they were already breaking down their mics stands and apologized.

He walked back to the table as Sheila was walking away. And Tracy turned to him with a questioning look on her face.

"Would you believe they already packed up? Could I buy you a drink to make up for it?"

"Sir, I'm pretty sure all the bars in this hotel are closed. "

"Young lady, I can assure you, if I can't find an open bar here, I have a mini bar that is well-stocked in my room. "He immediately regretted saying it.

"Before you say a word, I apologize for being so forward as to suggest you would go to my room. I didn't mean to suggest anything untoward. Am I forgiven? "

"I am old enough of a lady to appreciate your effort. Is that bar stocked with a decent bourbon? And I expect music and dancing. Then I will forgive your indecent offer. But how will Mrs. Larry feel about you hosting another woman in your suite? "

"There is no longer a Mrs."

"Oh my. Well, that simplifies things doesn't it?" As she smiled and batted her eyes in a very expressive way. "And the bourbon?"

"My dear beautiful woman, I don't know who taught you about bourbon, but tonight you are about to sample two of the finest Bourbons that the Lord has ever placed on this planet. "With that he held out his arm for her to hook hers into and walked her out of the ball room.

...

When they got off the elevator on the top floor, they didn't walk far to his room. There were only four suites on the entire floor. His was the second one. The suite was really a small apartment. It had a living room large enough for two sofas and two chairs, all leather. A wet bar took up one wall. The rug was long and shaggy. There was a small kitchen. Each of the two bedrooms had their own bath and there was a half bath off the living area.

He set his 'gift basket' on the counter and pulled out the bottle of Elmer T Lee bourbon. Gently setting down about eleven grand in winning bids.

"This is the one I bought tonight. But wait." He went into the bedroom and returned with the bourbon that had been waiting for him when he arrived. "This was a gift from a friend. You are about to sample a taste of heaven."

He fished around before setting six glasses on the counter. He pulled the ice tray from the freezer and a bottle of water from the counter.

Tracy raised her hand. "Wait! I want mine neat!"

My dear, your stock has just gone up again. Then he put ice and water in the two center glasses. "This is to rinse your palette."

"Before we start, I need to use the lady's room."

She was gone for an eternity. She returned looking even more amazing. She had touched up her makeup and freshened her perfume.

Four glasses of bourbon were sitting and breathing.

...

"I hope this is as good as the hype." Handing her the first glass. Their fingers touching as the glass passed between them. He felt a surge of electricity.

As she raised the glass to her lips, he took her all in. She was taller than average, with decadent curves. Her hair was naturally curvy and fell to her shoulders. Her smile was delightful and warm. Her lips were full and sensual and he knew he had to kiss them. And those eyes. They were simply amazing.

"I could go on for hours about these. Bore you to death with stories about wood and temperatures and whatever. But I won't. Let's just enjoy these."

He waited for her to take a sip. He loved watching a woman sip whiskey. He wondered if she would crinkle her pretty nose. Then she did the most surprising thing. She swirled the golden elixir in her glass. Then she took a small sip, swirled it in her mouth for a fee seconds and swallowed it.

"Smoky. Smooth. Very smooth. More vanilla than I expected. Very nice finish." Her second sip was a bit longer and for effect. No crinkly nose or 'yuck' face.

He laughed at himself. "I believe I have again been tricked. First into paying three times the value of his bottle and secondly for underestimating a beautiful woman because of her age. Not your first bourbon?"

Tracy smiled with her eyes first. Then her mouth. When she spoke, it was a lovely Southern accent. "Sir, I was educated at one of Americas finest colleges, the University of Kentucky." The switching back to her midwestern accent. "My roommate, Becky, was the daughter of the owner of the largest distillery in the commonwealth. He dad went to great lengths to educate us all about 'the finest spirit' to bless this fine land..."

He knew he'd been setup from the moment she asked about his bar.

She continued. "Not a bad roomie to have and unlimited booze if we wanted. But instead, he really taught us how to appreciate the finer things. A nice bourbon, a smooth Bordeaux, even a fine cigar - but never around Becky's mom!"

Damn, how he had underestimated his one. No wonder he couldn't stop staring at her. It was chemical.

She gave an equally strong analysis of the second bourbon. They agreed that the one he bid so much on, was not as impressive as the one he'd received as a gift. He would send Bill a note on Monday thanking him.

"I was also promised music and dancing..." as she set down her glass and moved to the center of the room.

"Wait one second. Are you a champion ball room dancer too? Is this another trick to embarrass me?"

"Not at all. I enjoyed watching you dance with all the ladies tonight. But I don't like to take turns. My parents spoiled me."

Larry found the remote control that dimmed the lights and turned on the music. Smooth jazz played from hidden speakers. He took off his suit jacket and laid in on one of the couches.

"Before we start, would you mind modeling this necklace for me? I want to see if it as beautiful on you up close, as it was across the room."

"I couldn't." But her protest was half-hearted. He helped her link the necklace in the back. Letting his fingers linger on the back of her neck for just a moment longer than he should have.

When she turned around, he was truly impressed with the necklace and the freckled porcelain skin it was nestled against. It was spectacular. Like the designer had her in mind when he made it.

She stepped to the mirror behind the bar and her face lit up. "It is the most beautiful necklace I have ever seen."

He moved behind her and looked over her shoulder.

Larry knew how to make a decision and he made one on the spot. That's the skill that got him where he was today. "I want you to have it." He said, looking in the mirror. "It is perfect for you."

"Larry, I couldn't. I'm sorry. It is beautiful. Too beautiful. Too expensive. What you paid is more than I make in three paychecks. But thank you." She was crestfallen, but knew it was the right thing to do.