Brain Games Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She had not noticed them enter, but was a bit restless, bored with her friends.

Zach felt his way through the layers, trying to keep himself sheltered from the buffeting waves of activity. It also did not help that the whole place was thick with sexual tension. A bar full of horny college students, some of whom planning on getting sexy, most of them wishing they were. It was a lot of distraction.

But eventually, breathing deeply and meditatively sipping his pint, Zach found that source within the girl, and once he had it, he was able to boost it. He felt her thoughts return to the fountain, a flush of embarrassment and excitement thrilling through her.

Holding the connection in abeyance, he told Maddy: "Go walk to the front, as if you are looking for someone, and see if you can catch her eye. She's already thinking about you!"

Maddy dropped the chair she had found at their table and crossed the pub.

The girl was now too immersed in her remembrances, and the rising tingle of excitement. She almost didn't notice Maddy. Zach couldn't find a way to draw her attention, but fortunately, one of her friends did.

A guy said something to her and then realizing she was somewhere else said her name. It was too loud -- physically loud--for Zach to hear the conversation. But having returned from the world of her thoughts, she looked up just in time to see Maddy making her way back to Zach again. Zach saw her--and felt her--do a double take. Interest flooded through her; Zach could tell her senses were on alert. Her friends realized they had lost her again and laughed.

Before Maddy even sat down, the girl was already up and on her way.

Zach gestured to her to join them.

She looked somewhat suspiciously at the empty chair.

"We were waiting for someone," Zach explained, "but he's apparently not coming."

"You two," the girl said. "I saw you... you saw me."

"That's us!" Maddy said. "I'm Maddy, this is Zach. We're in Simmons."

"Freshmen? Or lucky?"

"Freshmen," Maddy confirmed.

"My name's Mia," she said. "And... this seems like a huge coincidence."

Zach wanted to mention how Mia had been hanging around the fountain half the day hoping to see them again, but held it in.

"The surprise was we got a table in this place at all," Maddy said, deflecting.

"I just came over to tell you two... I don't really know what you saw, but I felt a weird connection with you. And I just feel like something like that should be named."

"We felt it, too," Maddy said.

"Maddy especially," Zach added.

"There's something here," Maddy continued. "Do you want to go somewhere quieter? I would love to hear more about what your experience was yesterday."

Zach felt her desire brighten. He boosted it and found he could tamp down her anxiety. There were inhibitions also, a big tangle of them, and that he could not sort through.

Mia blushed a deep pink. "I can't believe a couple of freshmen are hitting on me," she said.

"Are we hitting on you?" Maddy asked.

Mia looked her in the eye. "I think you are."

Maddy shrugged. "I guess we are."

"I've never done anything like this," Mia said.

"Believe me, neither have I," Maddy answered.

"I... don't know what I'm actually doing. I can't promise anything. I just can't quite ignore it, either."

"Let's just find somewhere to talk," Maddy said. "Zach: finish your beer."

"Meh," Zach shrugged. "I don't even like beer. Let's go."

# # #

12