All Comments on 'Bread Dildos'

by UtherVierDragon

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Five_EightFive_Eightabout 3 years ago

Well done, Dragon. Nothing I like more than a good heist story. Murky prose and great, I repeat great, genre names, places, arcana and artifacts. Piss Alley reminded me of Lankhmar's street names, but terms like smudge chalk and blightroot pushed this sorcerous tale over the top and really sold your story. Would like to see more of the world of Rorvalen, sometimes called Houndslayer.

UtherVierDragonUtherVierDragonabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you so much, Five_Eight, for your kind words. Knowing that someone liked my story enough to take the time and offer such an erudite comment really does mean a lot. Although I do wonder if "murky prose" is a compliment I don't quite get or something better editing could fix.

As for the world of Rorvalen (sometimes called Houndslayer): I certainly have more stories in the works set in and around Aspyra (including the already published Summerwine & Wintersweet). The thief herself will hopefully reappear sooner rather than later - though, given that this story is my April's Fool entry, I feel obligated to keep it at the very least stand-aloneish ( I also should take this opportunity to beg for votes: If reader you agree with Five_Eight's sentiments consider voting for this tale). I will note you down as in the 'interested in a sequel' column. That makes two of us, I guess.

gpetagpetaabout 3 years ago

a lot of storie but missing more of erotic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Wow

I don’t understand how this hasn’t even scored a 4, as you spun an amazing story.

Maybe because it was in the April Fools contest, people wanted more ‘prank’ and less ‘heist’?

But for a prank you need people who know each other, and so the only real prank potential was with the sorceress, and I’m glad you didn’t have the heist be a setup to capture Rory

I'd love to see the story continue, but I don’t know how much other readers would be put off by a low ranked first chapter. (As some stories have some weird offputting quirk/fetish that means a highly ranked later chapter may just be a self selected audience skewing the rankings)

UtherVierDragonUtherVierDragonabout 3 years agoAuthor

Hi, Anonymous commenter, and thank you for your kind words. I am not going to lie, receiving middling scores for what I consider decent work (or at least not worse than much higher rated works) is not good for my battered ego. So getting thoughtful comments really is a balm to me. And I hate to do this, but if you (or any other reader who my have enjoyed this piece) would consider rating (and favouriting and giving me a follow) it would really help. I do get so few votes that even one can make a real difference (and even award winning stories often sit at less than 50 votes.)

I also do think heist stories are very much within the remit of the contest ("and other themes of deception, chance, and/or misunderstandings (happy or otherwise) etc"), but then again I understand that audience opinion can be fickle - and I certainly cannot force anyone to care for fantasy stories.

Finally, a direct sequel or second chapter would be very much against the rules, but you can find all my other current (one: Summerwine & Wintersweet) or future stories set in the same world by clicking on the 'aspyra' story tag in the side bar. And I do plan on publishing a proper longform story with chapters and everything soon(-ish).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

It was amazing !

UtherVierDragonUtherVierDragonabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for commenting, Anonymus user, and thank you for your kind words.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUtherVierDragon@UtherVierDragon
Publish and be damned. Welcome. I mostly write genre fiction (fantasy and other nerd stuff), but I will from time to time stray into other categories. I also suffer from occasional literary pretensions. You should be able to contact me through the Literotica form. Uther ...