All Comments on 'Breaking the Delusion'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 61 Comments
Bry1977Bry19775 months ago

That was an amazing story!!! Turned out well for everyone!! I'd give it 10 stars if I could. I would love to see this story from Garys POV or even one of the kids. could be interesting.

MightyheartMightyheart5 months ago

Good original & good follow up too.

Great writing

5/5

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart5 months ago

4 stars. Decent descent in the mind of the cheating shrew. Not saying I sympathized with Ursula, liked her or wanted to see her have a happy ending but at least understood her mindset. A very self centered immature person who was raised as the center of attention by her parents being their "miracle baby" (I almost wondered if she was the result of cheating) who applied that same self centered attitude to her love life, even to her kids. Very glad this was not a "traditional" reconciliation where the family got back together because honestly Ursula was too far gone.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Of course the hoe gets a pass

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Fabulous! It was a gripping tale from beginning to end. I was especially impressed with the therapy sessions which, although I've never been in therapy came across as the most believable I've read in LW. A definite fiver.

RubiconXRubiconX5 months ago

This is a well written and thoughtful exploration of a woman’s journey into insight, maturation and growth following her devastating infidelity. No easy answers here, no trite or cliche’ed plot twists or ending, and no cheap Hallmark moments. This story is realistic and down to earth, the emotions are genuine and the dialog is genuine and natural sounding. A really fine read about a woman’s hard-earned redemption.

bobareenobobareeno5 months ago

Pleasant, although until her epiphany through counseling, Ursula seemed to have a mental deficit.

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

I really liked it. Thanks.

GreyMatter46GreyMatter465 months ago

Sounds like a lot of real-life stories. Great job

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I don't know why some writers have to take a story in which the cheating spouse is embarrassed and unhappy and write a new chapter turning it into something in which the cheating idiot spouse lives happily ever after. It completely changes the story and imo not for the better.

MasterKoteMasterKote5 months ago

I enjoyed the story and it's kind of a breathe of fresh air about what happens to a person in her situation after. I am surprised there's not more stories like this but like myself, the cheating drama is more fun to read instead of only the dialogue. If i had to nitpick from this story, it would probably be that it could've been better in 3 or 4 pages and how there was no love for the ex hubby after all their time together.

inka2222inka22225 months ago

4.5 stars. On one hand, I was super scared when I saw "reconciliation" that this would be a RAAC that would destroy the enjoyment from "Jilted". Thankfully, that didn't happen, and the first 4 pages of the story were pretty good. On the other hand, I'm not totally happy with the ending - I don't think the woman deserves happiness or being married; and I seriously doubt she would be a good partner for Kyle. But that's only 0.5 stars off, in light of how good the overall story is (especially if you include Jilted)

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman5 months ago

I admit I skkipped some pages. She was completely delusional and then changed to a normal human? Like her kids stating their reasons against the marriage in church, great move.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Redemption stories are often the best

Harryin VAHarryin VA5 months ago

This is a realistic story about remorse and regret. However there is a touch of psychobabble in here.

CONSIDER

.

Mommy, am I a bad person?" Ursula asked despondently as Helen sat down and gave her daughter a cup of coffee.

.

Yes, you are. people who do bad things are bad people.

.

you cannot be a good person that just happened to Do bad things on Regular basis every few days

AccelarVesterAccelarVester5 months ago

A nice ending to a story full of heartache and pain. All caused by one person's selfish view of herself. While she may have fallen out of love with her first husband, how this happen damaged a lot of their relationships.

4*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"I couldn't help it if I fell in love with someone else." - Of course you can! You don't just fall in love out of the clear blue sky. You feel an attraction, that if you're in a committed relationship you walk away from.

\

"Mom, you haven't made lemonade in years," - I assume that's true, which just goes to show how out of touch she is.

\

"once she told them she forgave them." - She's still delusional, it's not her forgiving them that's the issue.

\

"we seemed to have this instant connection" - And that's when you back off. If the connection becomes real. you ask your spouse for a divorce, and THEN pursue the new person.

\

She should file a wrongful termination suit, when an ex-lover fires you, there's an extreme burden of proof on them to show that it wasn't punitive,

\

She really didn't have to worry about Kyle and the kids, since he had nothing to do with the break up of her marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice follow up; if I must be picky wrong category, and needs a lot of editing. besides that thanks keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Unbelievable transformation from evil to saint. Just a too much irrealistic fairytale.

Moonbat74Moonbat745 months ago

Good to have a resolution to the story, although hard to see Ursula ever being a redeemable character.

26thNC26thNC5 months ago

Very good story. It took me a while, but I’m very happy I stayed until the end. It was worth it.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

Great conclusion!

5

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One conversation and Gary's pretty much over it huh?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Weak

Dalton402Dalton4025 months agoAuthor

Okay, I am going to say this because it is the second time it happened. The first was an anonymous user but the second was from a signed up user.

Feel free not to like the story. I'm a big boy I can handle it. What I won't stand for is any form of homophobia, any other form of discrimination or other offensive comments. If you make any homophobic comments I will delete it and report you. If I miss any message me so I can delete it.

I made Pastor Simon gay because having a variety of characters with different backgrounds makes characters more interesting thus the story more interesting.

In response to the last deleted comment, the bible doesn't say being gay isn't allowed. No religious text says that. Homophobics use one ambiguous line in the bible to justify their homophobia. The Church of England, the world's second biggest christian domination, has gay and lesbian priests. Even the pope has said being gay isn't a sin. So saying that the bible says it is, is BS.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Personally I could care less what or who someone loves as long as they understand no one is going to be liked or approved of by everyone and that you have to put work into your relationship

OOAAOOAA5 months ago

FANTASTIC STORY!!!! Really well written! Congratulations! 5 stars from here!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The story was like chewing on a brick of sawdust. It was dry, flavorless, and just repetitive trying to get through it.

XluckyleeXluckylee5 months ago

4 stars from Xluckylee for a nice ending

woodwardwoodward5 months ago

I thought this story was very well done and felt real. Seems I have observed this in real life. 5!

muskyboymuskyboy5 months ago

Ursula was completely unforgivable. Nobody should have even considered forgiving her.

IndyOnIndyOn5 months ago

Well done....*5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Religion, war and pestilence have been curses of the human race for a long time. It is amusing to observe the irrelevant discussion about the homosexual pastor - folks, the story is about something else completely, the guy was just providing therapy. I found it a bit long-winded, but it gave a lot more insight into the reality of the destruction of a marriage and the suffering of the children involved than most of the other infidelity stories here. Thank you for that, Mr. Author.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit5 months ago

One star only because I can't give it any less! Of course I can only speak for myself, and other like-minded people of discernment, Lol, but IMHO it was the most dire and artificially contrived trash that I've ever had the gross misfortune of starting to read!

Admittedly it is true that I have a particular loathing for this underhand dishonest practice wherein a great many RAAC adherent authors seem to share a penchant for active misdirection, deliberately leading their readers up the garden path, to an opposing false trail in part one, and only then without hint or admitting anything, open up salvo after salvo with all guns, rockets and torpedoes blasting away, firing on their suckered targets whom they have themselves smilingly steered and lured into their carefully prepared ambush, gloating, as if such malevolent duplicity was something to somehow be proud of? Not on-your Nellie, Sunshine! E-yuk!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not happening. If this is a sequel, make it clear in the title. As for having to find and read the first tale, first, UJ-UH. Not even a synopsis. Very disrespectful to the readers, it I were to read it, as I had intended. (I won't.) No score, for what might have been the best story ever, or a piece of shit. I will never know.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I just made a post wherein I showed my distaste for this story. I don't know if I signed it.

JPB

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter5 months ago

Ursula exhibits strong tendencies toward Limerence, a psychological illness often corresponded with emophilia. The story was well done, It illustrated not only the state of illusion Ursula was under, but the collateral damage force upon her family. The issues were explored much more thoughtfully than the dismissive and hateful responses below by several anons and muskyboy (whom I assume lives in his parents attic). the sick pseudo religious ranting is nothing but the angry, mindless regurgitation of fanatics who have no concept of “Love your enemies,” or specific to this story, “He who is without sin, cast the first stone!” hypocritical evangelicals and Pentecostals who are so enamoured with their own holiness, the don’t even have need of GOD!

RimmerdalRimmerdal5 months ago

Great story from a different side of the tracks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The first story was funny, a little bit of lite comedy, this story had some meat to it. Good job I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected to. Thanks KS

RanDog025RanDog0255 months ago

Typical story of how fucked up peoples minds are, how fucked up this country and world is and how selfish people can be. Facts show that even Therapist and Psychologists consult with two other to keep their shit right. I'm no Therapist but was taught Common Sense growing up and had Great Parents, also because of who their parents were. Didn't finish the story because Ursula's whining, damn what a Moron she was and with little or no common sense and no morals.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was a well-written and thoughtful story. The distaste for some readers likely pertains to entering the story at exactly the point at which Ursula's self-delusion has exploded and she is one sorry mess of self-denial. As this develops though, with her parents love, a good therapist, and loving/caring children who do want their mother back, we find our insipid, self-centered protagonist learn and grow into a better person than she had ever been. As such, this is a remarkable tale revealing truths about messy blown-apart relationships--and how to come through the experience, heal, make right as best one can, and become better as a parent and life partner.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I thought this was pretty good, but seriously - Ursula's delusions, or more aptly, her OCD like fixation on David should have taken more than a few therapy sessions to deconstruct, but I get it - it's a story. The ending is really the best sort of ending you can hope for a lot of cases like this - particularly for the perpetrator of infidelity. I often say, the worst thing that can happen after you cheat, is never figuring out WHY you got there in the first place. It means that you're likely doomed to a string of failed relationships. Glad to see that Ursula was able to get off that train before she got to the end of the line.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit4 months ago

It’s a big recovery for Ursula, well written and IMO realistic - at least plausible. I don’t understand why she didn’t file a lawsuit against her old employer for wrongful termination. It’s a clear case of retaliation. The settlement might have wiped her parents’ debt from buying Gary’s half of the house.

JTassJTass4 months ago

I enjoyed this more serious chapter than I did the lighter-hearted previous chapter.

My only quibble is that the breakthrough with her therapist was much too quick and easy. A few sessions over a couple of weeks is barely enough to scratch the surface, especially with a long-entrenched issue as Ursula presented.

NicealloverNiceallover4 months ago

Congratulations on a story truly inspirational and a beautiful sequel to the original. It imitated the original style of the story “Jilted” seamlessly but took it in a new direction with a completely different twist that to tie together all the loose ends and brought it to a satisfactory conclusion. It is refreshing to see that a cheating spouse can change their despicable behavior and become a better person.🧍‍♂️

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Boy was she messed up. Why would anyone marry someone as needy as that? Thanks for the story. 4*.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nice read. Just wondering how Ursula became a “well known” adulteress the day after her defunct wedding day, when nobody knew about her adultery.

Dalton402Dalton4024 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous

Everyone knew about her adultery. She just didn't think anyone knew hence the delusion.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sweet story. However, it seems too Pollyanna for me. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

3*** Not terrible, but at best, average. The dialogue is stilted, awkward; the therapy with the gay minister is inauthentic; Ursula is a narcissist and that condition never gets cured, certainly not within a few weeks. She is a very unlikable character. Mediocre story that is not worth the time it takes to read it.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19813 months ago

Yeah the second part just honestly sucked she acted like she changed and so forth but in the end just showed she never really did change just made a excuse for her why she cheated on her husband to begin with by saying that he never truly made her happy that she never truly loved him and her kids was too easily won over by the guy in this story after the cold hearted revenge they did in the first part not only did you show she hasn't changed really you wiped out the stuff her kids did in the first part like it never happened which honestly made the kids likeable characters in the first story to unlikable characters in the 2nd story as well as well as the ex husband in nature of things you failed to bring to lite the true nature of someone who cheats and failed to bring to bring the lite that someone would have to truly go through with there kids after the kids did what they did they for damn sure ain't going to just ignore a supposed contact with there cheating slut of a mother and just give permission for her to go out with this man they would want to meet him and even then there going to test him harshly to see if he is a man or just some little kid

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Hey, sometimes this is just how it happens. Even cheaters, if they don't get a second chance, get a second act and we don't know how it will end up. I read some statistics once that said something like, 20% of all relationships will have an incident of infidelity. If the cheater moves on to a new relationship, that figure jumps a lot to 50%, but even then, it's still just a toss of the coin.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

So many people act like the ex wife and force their children to live with the cheater and the one who broke up their marriage and then wonder why children act like they do …

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 1 month ago

So she's like, "If you won't walk on broken glass for me, I'm not going to waste my time loving you."

That's one fault.

But she also had the whole, "Since I don't love you I don't need to be honest with you or faithful to you."

And that's a completely separate thing.

.

Her children wouldn't have loved her divorcing their father but it would have beat all hell out of the lying and cheating.

.

And it's not surprising that they're OK with Kyle, even without meeting him. After all, he wasn't instrumental in the destruction of their parent's marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

I really liked the story. I thought the characters and their actions were realistic which made it even more frightening when you see how people act and react to certain situations. I didn’t understand why she didn’t sue her employer. If you are dating a higher up and they do that to you and then fire you, there should be a morals clause along with a clause not allowing fraternization between employees or something stating that if you are their direct supervisor/manager or higher then it is not allowed. It was obvious that firing just her isn’t cutback moves and that makes it overly ripe for a lawsuit or at least sexual harassment and to press the issue you tell the company you are going to go public about the entire situation which they will back down considering that sleaze David was hitting on every married woman and dating some so it isn’t just her word.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Why give such a vile person a second chance? They saw and felt the consequences of her actions first hand. They had seen their father in deep physical and emotional turmoil, hearing him crying at night while they heard her fucking the bastard later on.

Why give such a bitch a second chance? Why give someone who has abandoned you a second chance? Why give a mother that abandoned her children for 2 years a second chance and primary custody.

The story is getting 1 star only because it is the lowest one can give. It's worth far far less.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

Lovely, if improbable story. People can and do change their ways when they pull their heads out of their arses and see how reprehensible their behaviour has been, as Ursula does here but unfortunately most leave their heads where they are an just carry on blaming others for their own shortcomings.

I loved how this was written, though with no puking, no black gangsta boys with 25 foot penises, no Martian Slut Rays, the fact that Ursula cheated on Gary for a completely credible, albeit inexcusable reason and not simply because the other man was better looking and had a bigger cock or because she was scared that she was getting old. Ultimately Ursula put in the necessary effort in to make amends to those she had wronged to be deserving of her own happy ending.

JR

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES