Brian's Adventures Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It is something that I must do." I replied with firm conviction of where my path led.

"Then Brian, I am assigning these two to accompany you to Kincaid and see to your safety." Felleona said as she pointed to Jealile and Yeoline. "I would accompany you myself but my duties keep me here." Felleona said with the pang of regret in her voice.

"I know you would dear, it can't be helped. I thank all of you for once more thinking of me before yourselves." I said with a warm smile to each and everyone at the table, starting with Felleona. "It's getting late and we should speak to your Father as soon as possible." I said to Jealile directly.

"Agreed, there is much to do and we mustn't waste any time." Jealile agreed authoritatively.

"Does that mean you'll allow us to go with you?" Yeoline asked with a giddy glee about her.

"Yes dear, I'd be happy if you came with me." I smiled as I stroked her cheek.

"What about us?" Valencia asked in aggravated shock. "You can't seriously ask me to believe that you're going to send only these two along to that dangerous place? Shouldn't Pell and I go along as well?" Valencia said directly to Felleona.

"No Val." Pellenica answered quickly. "Terenium wants us around home more for the next while, he misses us and I'm sure he would feel uncomfortable about us traipsing off with Brian across Tania. No, it isn't our place to go with them this time." Pellenica said with great regret and I could see in her eyes that she too desperately wanted to go as well. Her eyes never met mine as she spoke.

"He'll understand, lets at least talk to him Pell?" Valencia pleaded with Pellenica.

"No dear, you've done a great deal for me and I won't have you cause your family any more strife over me." I said to Valencia with the regret that I also felt, I would have loved for them to accompany me on that journey but I knew it would be too much to ask. "We'll see each other again, I promise."

"But if you run into trouble, you know we'll be there." Valencia promised and Pellenica nodded her firm agreement again, keeping her eyes everywhere but in my direction.

With that I stood and hugged and kissed each of the ladies goodbye, with the exception of Valencia and Pellenica. Valencia and Pellenica strained themselves not to hug me and I knew that again in public, it would not look good. After promising to speak to Yeoline the next morning Jealile and I left the Inn and started the walk to Jealile's house. "Will I see you at home tonight?" Felleona asked as she stepped outside the Inn after us.

"I don't think so." I said with a look of regret in my eyes as I hugged Felleona one more time.

"I didn't think so, it was fun while it lasted I suppose, don't forget me too soon will you." Felleona said with her attempt at levity in her voice but I could see in her eyes that she was on the brink of tears.

"I will always treasure the time we had together." I said tenderly as I took her in my arms one more time. "I hope that we will have more happy times together in the future." I said as I wiped a tear from her cheek and looked in her eyes directly. "Friends may part but they never truly say goodbye." I finished and gave her one last kiss and left her standing alone to walk back inside after gathering herself together.

It was a painful parting but as I walked away, I knew that our lives were going in different directions at this point. Somehow she would remain a part of my life and heart for the rest of my days, I felt that in my soul. At that moment I thought I knew with absolute certainty that we would remain good friends for all times. I often think back to that evening of happy times and yearn for the simpler days it was. Time marches on though and at the moment my path was clear.