Brie Knows Ch. 04

Story Info
An accident threatens it all.
9.5k words
4.73
14.6k
40

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/14/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I want to thank readers for their encouraging words, but I especially want to thank my friend, NoraFares for her help and proofreading skills. If you want to read great writing, catch her stories.

This is the last chapter of the story. Readers are free to read in any way they choose, but the story will make more sense if you read chapter one first and follow the sequence.

The story is a romance. There's some sexual content, but not a lot of sex here. If that's what you're looking for you may choose to pass on by. All characters are over 18, except Brie who does not have sex in this story.

I hope you enjoy it. Please rate and/or provide feedback as you feel led.

©BarryJames1952 - August 2019

*****

Tuesday morning, Dani arrived at the park a few moments after Brie and Doug. Doug always found beauty in the park. He loved watching the seasons bring new and different colors to the scenery. The wildflowers were in their full glory right now. It almost overwhelmed him when he was surrounded by the marvelous elegance and perfection of God's creation. But all that natural beauty seemed to pale in comparison to the vision walking towards him. The beauty of this amazing woman, one of God's greatest creations, gave him a sense of heaven here on earth.

Without a word, Dani rushed into his arms for a loving morning kiss.

Doug needed to gather his breath. "That's my new favorite way to start a day."

"Good morning, Baby," she greeted with a warm smile.

"Hi, Bright Eyes. I missed you."

"Just my eyes?" she giggled.

"I missed all of you, but those eyes..." He finished his sentence with a kiss.

Doug enjoyed the best morning walk of his life. He walked surrounded by the beauty of nature as he held the hand of an amazing woman and had his best canine friend walking at his side. He's always called Brie his best friend, but Dani was quickly forcing him to redefine his ranking to include a species qualifier. Brie was exceptionally frisky and welcomed the new dynamic.

They talked about the scenery around them. Their conversation turned towards the things awaiting them in their jobs that day. They set the stage for a wonderful evening together. They decided the best dinner would be take-out Chinese at Doug's place so cooking wouldn't interrupt their quality time. Eventually, they parted with warm kisses that increased their desire for the evening to come quickly.

After an uneventful and seemingly long day, Dani drove to Doug's place and picked up dinner on the way. Kung Pao Chicken and Triple Delight along with Crab Rangoon and Potstickers were on the menu. Having a casual dinner with Brie at Dani's feet seemed so natural. Doug felt as if this would be the welcomed new normal.

After dinner, they sat on the couch and talked about life goals and core issues. The past Sunday their chats focused mainly on the past and their families—and making out, of course. Now it would be time to talk about the present and envision the future. A subject they both wanted to address arose quickly.

"Doug, did you and Carla want children?"

"I did. Carla said she did too, and several years ago told me she went off the pill. But I found out later she never actually stopped."

"How many kids did you want to have?"

"Minimum two, but six or seven would have been fine with me too. I'm an only child since my mom had complications when I was born and couldn't have more after me. But I would love a big family. I'm afraid at thirty-two, I'm halfway through the typical child years and may not get the chance. What about you?"

"My husband and I always dreamed of at least four or five, but we learned he was sterile—most likely from a fever he had as a teenager. We were preparing to adopt just before his accident."

"So, as things are today, hypothetically, if you were married and ready to start a family—what would you want?"

"Any candidates for a husband in mind?"

He laughed. "We're in the hypothetical world right now and I don't want to scare you away."

"I don't scare easily." She chuckled. "But I'm thirty-four now, so realistically I could maybe have two or three without bunching them too close together. I wouldn't mind adopting or having foster kids so I could have five or six. But three of my own would be perfect."

They talked about a lot of things that night, but independently they were both thinking of family, children, and a future. Neither one of them were ready to say it, but they both dwelled on the possibility of building a life together.

*****

The following weeks were filled with great times of connecting and bonding. Dani and Doug walked together every morning and had dinner together almost every night. They spent many hours singing and playing the piano together. And, of course, Brie was the center of attention. Doug was convinced Brie favored Dani, but in reality, Brie seemed to have a sense of fair play. If Doug threw a ball to fetch, she brought it back to Dani. If Dani threw it, Brie took it back to Doug. She split time snuggling Doug and Dani, almost managing to focus her attention 50/50. Brie knew. She knew this was the new family. Maybe her silly humans would realize it soon.

Dani and Doug made the several-hour trip on a Saturday to see Dani's family in Baltimore. They've known each other for seven weeks, and have only been dating for three, so Doug was a little nervous, but they made him feel at home. Her dad, Scott Wells, was intently protective of his little girl as were Dani's two younger brothers. But Doug won them over quickly. Dani watched Doug interact with her family and it warmed her heart to see them relate so well.

Dani told her family about the musical skit she and Doug performed. The family coerced them to reenact it for them, and without too much arm-twisting, they complied. Dani's parents and brothers laughed hysterically at their performance. Theresa gave Doug a knowing look he didn't miss—she liked him and seemed to approve of her daughter's choice of him. Scott beamed with pride in his daughter and warmed up even more to Doug.

Doug couldn't help staring at Dani's mom. He hadn't heard the term "handsome woman" very often, but it seemed to fit Theresa. Dani looked a lot like her. Theresa carried her age well and she still had the shape of a thirty-year-old. But there was a beautiful dignity about her that was enthralling. Doug quickly liked Dani's family and felt they would be the kind of in-laws he would cherish, assuming things went the way he was hoping.

They returned from Baltimore and the next day had their usual Sunday together. Then pesky Monday forced its way back into the weekly routine.

*****

Zane and Carla took off for Vegas two weeks ago to get married. Today was Zane's first day back. As soon as Doug arrived in his office, Zane walked in looking only a little better than a zombie.

"Hi, Zane. How did the wedding go?"

"The wedding went fine, but the honeymoon—not so much."

"That doesn't sound good. What happened?"

"A week after the wedding, we were in the casino. I was playing Texas Hold'em, and Carla hit the slots. I saw her talking to some guy for quite a while and eventually went over to claim my bride. She told me he was just some nice old lonely guy and we went to our room to continue—well—you know."

"Yeah. I get it."

"I knew something was different. She was preoccupied with something but she said everything was fine. Same thing the next night. I noticed her talking with the same guy, but only for a few minutes. I brushed it off. Then I saw her having some laughs with several girls and thought little of it. I was happy she wasn't talking to that, or some other guy. When we went to bed that night, she mentioned the girls she met and that they wanted to get together the next night. I figured, sure, have a blast. She was too tired that night to mess around, but since we'd been pretty active..."

Doug interrupted not wanting those details. "I get the picture. What happened the next day?"

"Right. The next day she was kinda jumpy—excited like. I asked her about it and she said she was really looking forward to the girl's night out. I saw her talk a minute with that guy again, and she looked over at me and waved then he looked at me and waved too. I figured they just acknowledged knowing each other and she wanted to point out her husband, and then he moved on."

As upset as Zane was getting, Doug knew the point of this story was going to be pretty bad. He had no idea how terrible it would be.

Zane continued.

"So, she got all dressed up and left to join her girlfriends pretty early—around 5:00. Then at 6:30, I'm ready to go down to the tables and my cell phone buzzes. I don't recognize the number. I answer and the guy says he's the one I saw Carla with. She was doing a surprise for me and he gave me a web address. He swore she said I'd like it based on what she told him. I got my tablet and opened the site. There's Carla, naked and on all fours, with three big black guys. She was, well, leakproof... if you know what I mean."

"Oh my God. I get the picture. Did you ask for this?" Doug's anger was rising thinking Zane was instigating it.

"Hell no. But that's just the beginning. This was a live porn webcast with over a hundred thousand viewers. Some site called Horney Housewives or something. That guy was the producer. And the sidebar on the screen told the whole story. She was taking on 25 guys that night until she called for a stop or until 6:00 AM the next morning—whichever came first. Twelve hours of getting fu... well, you know. There was a timer for how long she was fu... screwed and a counter for how many guys did her. Each guy's profile showed how big his... you know... equipment is. They counted each thrust and reported how many feet of co... penis she was taking. I couldn't believe she thought I'd like that."

Doug felt sick to his stomach. He felt bad for Zane and felt a strange pain for Carla. The dark side Angie told him about was darker than he thought possible. He asked Zane the obvious.

"So, what did you do?"

"I had no way to find her or stop her. I was pissed as hell. The dial back on the guy's phone was a bogus number. I couldn't do nothing but wait for her. I decided, instead, to move my stuff to another room and left her a note to call my cell."

"Did she?"

"Yeah. At 7:00 the next morning. She made it all the way to the 6:00 AM deadline. Website said she took all 25 multiple times over twelve hours. So what's she say to me? 'Baby, didn't you like my present for you?' I lost it and told her we were done and put a divorce or annulment in motion. Then I flew home alone."

When Zane finally finished and left, he handed Doug a card with the web address. Doug paced his office and considered what he would do. He didn't want to spread this around, and he certainly didn't want to see the website. But he needed some support from people who cared. He called Dani and gave her a quick idea that there was an issue without giving her any details. She suggested Angie should know too since she was close with Carla and Doug indicated that was already his intent. Dani arranged for the three of them to meet at Doug's that night.

"Hey, Doug," Angie greeted. "What did Carla do?"

"When Dani arrives, I can tell you both."

Dani was only a minute behind and kissed Doug hello. "Sweetie, how bad is it?"

Doug tried to delicately describe Carla's evening. He reluctantly decided to show them.

"Go into my den and look on my computer. I'm way too uncomfortable to watch it with you two."

They looked at him with puzzled faces, then entered the den. They were only in there a minute or two, and both emerged looking shocked. Doug assured them both that he doesn't watch porn, but Zane gave him the link.

Dani was the first to react. "That was your ex-wife? What was she thinking?"

"That's way beyond what Carla told me her fantasy was," Angie added. "That's disgusting!"

"Dani, I wouldn't have shown you except I don't want any secrets. I wanted Angie to understand because, as you may have guessed, Carla told her of her fantasies. And Angie, I'm going to ask you for a huge favor."

"I'm not sure I'm going to like this," Angie replied.

"I'm sure you won't, but you already know what it is, don't you?"

"I'm assuming Carla will be coming back eventually, and you want me to find a way to help her, don't you?"

"Will you? I don't know if she thought Zane would cut her loose and she's probably feeling alone right now. Anything I can do to help, I will. But I don't think she'd accept anything from me. Dani, you don't know her, but I'm sure you'll support Angie, right?"

"Absolutely—as long as you burn the card with that website and never go back."

"I may burn the computer completely and rename my office 'The Den of Iniquity.' I apologize for subjecting both of you to— that."

Angie was upset about her former friend but admitted to Doug he was right. Before leaving she thought she'd lighten the mood.

"I guess I'll go home and tell Rob the three of us spent the night watching porn together."

Doug and Dani laughed as Dani chimed in.

"I imagine that's something you never thought you'd say."

*****

More than a month had passed. Dani and Doug became inseparable. They had enjoyed several concerts together, went hiking and kayaking, Fridays were dinner and movie night. Occasionally one or the other had to work late, or they had chores to accomplish, but most evenings they shared dinner and music or conversation. Of course, every Wednesday they had team rehearsal, but afterward, they frequented the ice cream shop or the Old Tavern until the hour got late. Perhaps their favorite time, though, was their morning walk every weekday.

One evening, Doug found an online questionnaire designed to help couples get to know each other.

"Okay, now I know your favorite movie star is Russel Crowe and lots of other great info. But seriously, Dani, how could orange be your favorite color?"

"I think it has something to do with autumn and all the colors. It's my favorite time of year. Besides, anyone whose favorite movie is 'Groundhog Day' shouldn't question other people's favorites."

The questions turned to politics. Doug was learning they held similar views, but he was feeling a bit impish. They haven't had a real disagreement, so he decided to create one to see how she reacted. He kept working up her ire with outlandish claims of support for a public figure they both couldn't tolerate.

"Doug, how could you buy into his garbage? His entire platform is based on wishful thinking!"

"Oh, come on. What he says makes perfect sense. Can't you see that?" Doug's act was working, but he knew he better relent soon. Dani was getting incensed.

"It's—unbelievable that you could possibly support him!"

"Good thing."

"What?" She thought he was preparing a zinger to put down her opinions.

"I think he's a total clown." He devilishly smiled back at her.

"What? How... you jerk! Are you messin' with me?" she sputtered.

"Yep."

"Why would you do that?" she, fortunately, said with laughter as she beat on his arm and chest.

"Hey, don't hurt me. I just wanted to see how you were in a fight. So far we've agreed on everything except you like that stupid 'Bachelor' show and I think reality TV will be the death of modern civilization."

"Don't do that again. I thought you lost your marbles."

"Sorry. Come here and give me a make-up hug." Doug laughed as he pulled her onto his lap.

Dani cracked up. "Just kiss me!"

And he did.

And she did.

And they did for half an hour.

Doug couldn't wait anymore. He pulled back from a deep and gentle kiss and looked Dani in the eyes.

"Dani?"

"Yes?"

He placed his forehead and nose against hers. "I love you!"

"I know. And I love you too, Doug."

Their lips met with passionate fury, then they tightly held each other with their heads on each other's shoulders.

Doug was first to speak. "I've loved you since our first date." Tears confirmed the depth of his feelings.

"I thought I knew that too, Doug, but why'd you wait so long to tell me? I was worried you maybe didn't feel the way I did."

"I didn't want to scare you away. I fell hard, and fast. I wanted to know for sure with both of us having tough times so recently. Those three words mean a lot to me, and I wouldn't say them on a whim. I love you. I know I love you with all my heart, mind, and soul."

"Same here, Baby. Same here."

Their kisses took on a deeper meaning that night. Doug reflected on the past weeks he's known Dani. "I can't believe she fell in love with me, and I don't ever want to let her go. Holding her like this is the place I want to lose myself and never be found. She loves me. Oh, God, thank You—she loves me!"

*****

The following Monday morning, Angie called Doug and mentioned Carla was back in town and had contacted her as Doug expected she would. They were meeting the next day for lunch. Doug called Dani to keep her informed, and she shocked him with some news.

"This is from the 'It's-a-small-world' category. I saw Carla this morning at the coffee shop and introduced myself as your girlfriend. I said I recognized her from some pictures I saw at your place, but I didn't mention which pictures of course. She was friendly and asked me to sit with her. She went right to playing dirty."

"Oh, no. What did she say?"

"She asked if we'd slept together yet. I, of course, said no—that's for marriage only. Then she informed me that—well—your equipment was rather small and shot off early, and she advised me to buy stock in a vibrator company."

Fortunately for Doug, Dani was laughing.

"Did you believe her?"

Dani considered the question before answering. "I suspected it was a big lie—or in this case, a tiny lie." Her embarrassed laugh eased Doug's anger directed at Carla. "But even if it wasn't, that's not the criteria for a good marriage should you and I—you know—go down that road."

Doug loved hearing the word. Marriage. It had a nice feel to it.

Doug responded, "Good answer. And, yes, it's a lie. Talk to Angie. I know Carla described my... well, attributes and performance with her."

"I may do that someday."

"Actually, would you call Angie now?"

"Does it bother you that much that I may have been misinformed?"

Doug laughed. "No, that's not why I want you to call her. She's meeting with Carla tomorrow, and it may be good for her to know about your conversation. For Carla to say something like that means she must have a reason or be up to something."

Dani, Angie, and Doug agreed to meet at Doug's place the next evening after Angie met with Carla.

As suspected, Angie reported Carla was definitely up to something. She was set on reconciliation with Doug and hoped to scare Dani away. Angie set her straight and Carla fell apart. She saw the mess she made of her life and begged for Angie's help. Angie called their pastor from the restaurant and he asked them to come to the church right away. Carla was embarrassed about telling the pastor about all this and was incredibly hesitant—being afraid of his reaction. But he was able to talk calmly and comfortably with them and put Carla in touch with the right resources. Their church worked with and supported a ministry in Philadelphia that focused on sex addiction.

Angie couldn't pass by this golden opportunity to tease her friend.

"By the way, Doug, I told Dani that Carla said you have a very fine four inches and easily make it to half a minute on occasion."

They both laughed at Doug's expense.

Dani came to his rescue first while blushing bright red. "Actually, sitting on your lap and making out—I know exactly how much of a lie that is."