All Comments on 'Brie Knows Ch. 04'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
First time

I've given 5*!

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
Five Stars

Heartwarming ending to a sweet story. I'm so glad Dani made her way back to Doug. The wedding was very satisfying, and I'm sure the rest of the readers will appreciate it as well. Thank you for servicing your readers.

Nora

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I love it

You have a way in telling this story that shouts out hope and rebirth.. Great job, keep it up, thank you. Looking forward to the next chapter.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
So so.

3*. Just lacked tension and was highly predictable

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
PETS STAY ATTUNED WITH THEIR "MASTERS"

after becoming a loyal friend and companion, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

This is a romance story and you delivered. Thanks for your time and imagination.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
What a wonderful love story

Thank you for sharing this delight. Looking forward to more from you.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Wonderful story

Good job dropping carla out at the end. Tired of her stupid ass. Keep writing, excellent story. 5

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I don't think the accident added much to the story, just a couple of pages of Doug's angst. Carla plotting to break up Doug and Dani might have been more exciting though. There's all sorts of fun you could have had with that, after Carla went completely off the rails.

A lengthy story like this one also deserves an epilogue. How many children did Dani and Doug have together? Did they live out the rest of their lives as a happily married couple? What happened to Carla? It sounds like she would have been happier becoming a porn star!

maxx308maxx308over 4 years ago
Well done

Very nice romance story. Thank you for taking the time to write it and share it with us.

ravishmentravishmentover 4 years ago
Awesome~

The pictures that you painted in my mind with that story will be with me for a while. Loved it~

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
liked the earlier parts

I didn't find this last part an enjoyable read. Dani's emotional reaction doesn't seem consistent with the character we saw in the earlier parts and leaves the reader with less certainty that she's the rock to anchor the rest of his life. Further, imo one should never spring a wedding by surprise, even when the person being surprised originally did the asking and has indicated he still wants it. She's asked to wait. Springing it on him without the wait (and I don't consider the one day a wait) seems deceitful and presumptuos.

I enjoyed the first three parts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A marriage

without him signing to get a marriage license.

A suspension of disbelief some English professor called it in my deep dark past.

Thanks for writing. I enjoyed the ride.

teedeedubteedeedubover 4 years ago
I think

it's a great story. Well written and certainly plausible. Wouldn't it be nice to find a church that was about faith and music and not about raising money and net-working?

Thanks for sharing.

BoomerbillBoomerbillover 4 years ago
Unnecessary angst!

Good story but, why the unnecessary final chapter angst detour?

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

It’s a great basic storyline, but it’s too sugary. Carla was supposed to try reconciliation with Doug. The perfect time for her to mess with his head, was after the accident. Then there’s Zane: Doug is the kind of person who would offer his help. Those conversations would have contributed some angst, and perhaps bonding with a new friend.

My suggestion is: inject realistic negative events, and let the stories run a bit in a complementary direction.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 3 years ago
Very nice romance

As somebody else commented, an epilogue would have been nice. Surprised that the first wife went so far off the rails with her second marriage. Very nice series.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not bad but had a pretty rushed ending it felt like not to mention left some threads unanswered. The Zane/Carla thing in particular needed some closure, poor Zane (which is saying something considering he took the MC wife) had his marriage turn to crap and Carla sounded like she had more issues then a dentist office waiting room.

stoicfiendstoicfiendover 2 years ago
this was different

Technically it was written well enough. I just didn't find the character development very good and the main characters were nearly impossible to relate to on any level...they were too "ideal". I felt more sympathy for Zane than Doug with the Carla issues. I could understand completely why someone wouldn't want to stay married to Doug even though I found carla's sexual proclivities repugnant. More than a couple times I just wanted to bitch slap Doug. A lot of of it was sugar coated to cheezy levels. I look for light positive stories for palate cleansers and this couldn't even fill that role. I don't think I ever read a story here that was this wholesome that I found more repugnant than many of the far end twisted stories I've read over the years here and on other sites or newsgroups. That is saying something.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Saccharin sweet.

I can't understand the need for secrecy about the delay of the wedding for one day.

Where is Dani's consideration for Doug. He is the one who has suffered and supported her through her recovery. So to show her appreciation, she leaves him still suffering alone in the dark while she sneaks off and secretly plans the wedding.

What on earth was she thinking? Is she that shallow that a moments of pleasure for her was worth the extra uncertainty and suffering she put him through.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent story, all 4 chapters! Worthy of 5 BIG FAT SHINNY STAES!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

The storyline was excellent, but the end seemed rushed. An epilogue would of or could have rapped any happily ever after issues in just a paragraph or two. Still gets a 5++star vote from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story is technically ok. Well planned and written, with few grammatical or spelling errors. I have read several of your stories which are all the same plot with the same saccharin too good to be true nice guy characters acting out basically the same plot.

It does get boring and predictable after a few of stories.

I would actually rate stoicfeed's comments higher than this story. He hit the nail on the head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very quick ending. I didn't like the surprise you're getting married now part. When it's done, he could very well have the mindset that did that really happen? One of the most important days of his life and they sprung it on him last minute. Sorry. Although I enjoyed the overall story, the ending ruined it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This last minutes angst has been an overused LIT gimmick. It ruined what otherwise was an OK story.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐ Could have been so much better if it wasn't four chapters of one step forward and three steps back. UGH!

JusteenKJusteenKabout 1 year ago

Decent story, daft ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Every woman’s dream is to have her new mother in law move in right after the wedding… :)

doctrptdoctrpt6 months ago

Doug was and is a pawn...

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
Too

Too lovey dvvey for me.The way she said she fancied him for a while. should have had her dropping her knickers after quire practice.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I hate to nitpick, nitpick, but what is a quire practice? Do you mean choir?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Brie Knows Ch. 03 Previous Part
Brie Knows Series Info

SIMILAR Stories