All Comments on 'Briseis Ch. 01'

by digital_bath

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

How do you pronounce Briseis?

Bri- like bree or bry and

-Seis like sees or sais?

digital_bathdigital_bathover 7 years agoAuthor
Pronunciation of Briseis

To the Anon commenter- it's from Greek mythology, the Romans loved Greek culture. It's pronounced Bree-say-ees

claireacquiredclaireacquiredover 7 years ago
Intriguing!

Thank you for this story. I'm a big fan of historical fiction and this fits the bill. I love your writing style. It flows nicely. I can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
You're back!

Welcome back! Great start to a new story. I can't wait to read more of it and to see how the other finishes. (Hint, hint) :D

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Loser. 👎

Quitting this irredeemable start after two chapters. As with her first story, this author is incapable of writing a male lead character that is not a sick shit-head and total turnoff -- even for a noncon story. But, such characters may be appropriate for an author who screws over the readers of her first story by abandoning it with zero concern.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dear Horseman68

It hasn't even been a month since the last update. Please chill. The author is only human, and at least she apologized and is giving us this new story - which I happen to like quite well. Is your displeasure over the abandonment of Laelia the only cause for this hostility?

E. Lehto

Helsinki, Finland

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
Dear E. Lehto,

I agree with you, perhaps a bit harsh and perhaps somewhat influenced by the past -- but mostly I think just disappointed. This story, as with her first, has all the elements that most readers including myself enjoy in a good non-con story. Unfortunately, in both, her male leads are first written as so personally vulgar and disgusting (continuing the rape after she offers herself to him, threatening to cut her tongue out; cumming inside after her begging him not, calling her a lowly trollop after such abuse, etc.) as to be seemingly irredeemable. Believe this was the reason for abandoning the first story as she could not salvage her despicable male creation. As for her apology, it only came after leaving her readers hanging for three years, and only then as a lead to her second story -- not to mention her stated intention to delete negative comments.

Nevertheless, in light of your comments I will read on to see if LJB can be redeemed to be suitable for the sweet Briseis.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous