Broadway Threat

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steve gripped Eino's shoulder. "Well done, Eino. Good instincts there." His eyes warmed in approval as Eino nodded.

"Thanks. Let me clean this up, I'm already filthy." He looked at Claire waiting with the kit. "Maybe you can watch, make sure I'm using the kit right?"

"Deal," Claire grinned. "I'll talk you through getting a sample first, in case Ty was right about the spiking. Steve can pass it to the doctor when he or she arrives."

"Okay," but Eino took a moment to watch Ty disappear into the apartments with the young man, his eyes concerned.

-X

Ty had nearly as much gunk on him as Eino had, by the time the doctor arrived. But bringing so much up had seemed to wake Billy up a little, although he was still mostly out of it.

He sat, placid, but trembling, as Frank and Ty cleaned him up and dressed him in some of Tony's old sweats that Frank had scavenged from their apartment.

Tony was smaller than Ty, but they still swamped Billy. He was tiny.

Eventually, Ty was cleaned up too and cradling Billy in his lap, in Frank and Cal's spare bedroom. The doctor wanted him upright for the time being, so he dozed in Ty's arms.

Ty had only met him once, and felt quite humbled by the trust, as it had become clear that what had happened was a spiking and possibly an attempted abduction.

He texted Tony a quick explanation, to go and collect Adam on his way home. Adam had been due to meet Billy at Better's.

Billy had belatedly realized that the drink pushed across by the barman as, 'Your boyfriend sent this over, he'll be back in a minute.' Couldn't possibly have come from Adam, who would still have been on stage at the time.

Frank had been having a discussion with Better's owner, who he knew quite well. Also the police, who had spoken to the doctor and Frank, and decided to start their face to face at the other bar.

"Rohypnol," confirmed the doctor, returning from the bathroom and moving to re-examine Billy. "I suspect an extremely high dose. It's a good job he was ill. He might have gone into respiratory depression." So saying, he listened for another long while to Billy's chest.

As he sat back, Adam and Tony rushed in.

"Billy? Oh Christ, is he okay. Billy?" Adam rushed over and knelt on the bed, cradling Billy's cheek.

Billy was too out of it to open his eyes, but his hand reached blindly and Adam grasped it, pressing a kiss to his palm and squeezing. "I'm here. I'm here, sweetheart. What's that?" he leaned in as Billy's slurred sleepily.

"Ty took care of me."

Adam smiled wetly. "Of course he did. You're safe, don't you worry." He looked up with concern as Billy's hand fell back to the bed. "Is he okay?"

"He just needs to sleep," the doctor said and quickly introduced himself. Explaining that Billy needed to sleep but would need to be watched in case he was ill again, but couldn't wake.

Frank stepped forward when Adam claimed he would watch him.

"Adam, you've just done two shows and a ten hour day. You need to get at least a few hours sleep." He held up a hand, imperious when Adam tried to speak. "Tony. Go and find something for Adam to sleep in. I'll watch for an hour, then Ty will swap with me, and we'll wake you up in a few hours to take over, Adam. We can't risk you falling asleep while you're watching him," Frank ended sternly.

Adam had given in, and twenty minutes later having showered, Ty shifted a boneless Billy and settled him into Adam's arms.

"Thanks, Ty," Adam briefly gripped his hand, his voice cracking slightly.

Ty squeezed reassuringly, "Grab a couple of hours sleep, you're gonna need it." He ruffled Adam's hair fondly, before smoothing Billy's back. "Pretty stuck on him, huh?"

Adam could only blink and nod, pressing a kiss to the back of Billy's head.

Ty turned the light down and moved to the door, pulling Tony, who was watching with damp eyes, with him.

Frank came in, having changed into comfortable jeans. He spoke quietly, looking at his watch. "Come and relieve me about three? Is that okay? Fred can cover you in the morning, you can sleep in."

Ty nodded and winked. He had known that Frank would never let Adam sleep only a couple of hours.

"I just sent the doctor over to Better's," Frank told them quietly. "They got the guy. The asshole went back to try again."

"Who the hell is he?" Tony whispered.

"Guess we'll find out. Go get some sleep, Ty." Frank kissed both their cheeks and dismissed them.

Ty and Tony tumbled into bed a few minutes later, Tony having sniffled through brushing his teeth.

Ty pulled him close and nuzzled into his neck. "The Doc wouldn't have left if he was really concerned," he reassured.

"I know, he just looked so vulnerable and scared. I've only met him a few times, I can't believe he came looking for me for help, and I wasn't here."

"It's fine, because I was." Ty ran his hand over Tony's chest, to soothe.

Tony let out a heavy sigh. "Do you want me to come down with you later?"

"No, I'll try not to disturb you."

"Get some sleep then," Tony rolled to his side and snuggled closer, as they both relaxed.

It had been a long day. Starting at nine when they had walked into Engagement and both been accosted by Gull, offering sincere apologies and charming the pants off Tony.

At least it had cleared the air. Tony leaving with a wink and a careless, "Be good you two."

Gul had laughed and patted Ty's shoulder, "Okay, yea. I see now I wouldn't have stood a chance."

Ty hadn't stopped smiling for three hours.

He smiled again now and snuggled closer to Tony, who was already asleep. Whispering, "I love you," and sure he saw Tony's lips curve slightly.

-X

It didn't feel like over two hours later. But just after three, having gently kissed a stirring Tony back to sleep, Ty yawned and pushed open the door to Cal and Frank's spare room.

Frank smiled, then glared at the mug he carried. "That better not be coffee!" he whispered.

Ty laughed softly, "It's coco." He passed it over, then kissed Frank's cheek. "Now you go get some sleep."

Frank sipped and hummed slightly in appreciation. "Thanks, Ty. Neither of them have moved."

Ty nodded and settled down with his coffee and e-reader, as the door clicked closed. He was far too weary to try and work.

He sipped coffee and eyed the two men snuggled in the bed for a few moments. Searching his emotions to see if there was even a hint of jealousy. He and Adam had practically lived together for a while, after all.

But no. He smirked and dropped his eyes back to the book. Adam was one of his closest friends, and thankfully also one of Tony's. He wouldn't have pegged Billy as his type, but maybe that's why it was working so well. Adam had certainly never looked at him the same way he looked at Billy.

About an hour later, he saw movement and looked up to see Billy frowning in his sleep and mumbling slightly. Ty placed his book to one side and crouched down closer. Seeing wetness on Billy's cheeks, he smoothed his hair back and spoke gently. "Billy, it's okay. You're dreaming."

His eyes popped open and he stared at Ty. "You're dreaming," Ty said again. Relieved when the fear cleared and Billy recognized him.

"I feel sick," he whispered.

Ty nodded and eased him out of Adam's arms. Helping him balance on the edge of the bed, an empty garbage can nearby. After a few deep breaths and some water, Billy admitted. "Actually, I think I need the bathroom."

Ty glanced at his watch. It was gone five in the morning now. Not too bad. "I'm going to wake Adam. We can help you, and he can stay with you."

Billy nodded. He was shaky and felt ill.

Ty gripped Adam's hip and rubbed. "Wake up sleeping beauty."

Adam mumbled and rolled before shooting straight up in the bed, "Billy?"

"Calm down," Ty patted his ankle. "He's doing okay, needs help to the bathroom. Can you give us a hand?"

"Sure," Adam glanced at his watch before shooting a dark look at Ty as he dragged his pants on. "Frank was supposed to wake me at two."

"We switched at three," Ty admitted as they helped Billy stand. "You can't work on two hours sleep."

"I'm not leaving Billy today."

"Adam," Ty gripped his shoulder as Billy balanced carefully. "He'll be safe here with us. You know we'll take care of him." Ignoring Adam's frown (it's not like he stood a chance against Frank), Ty left them to it. "Call me when you need me."

Fifteen minutes later Billy was curled up in Adam's lap sleeping again as Adam and Ty talked quietly.

Half an hour after that, Adam had drifted back to sleep as well.

Ty went for more coffee and settled back to his book. Billy seemed fine, but better safe than sorry.

When they both roused again an hour later, Ty helped Adam get Billy into the shower and then left them to it. Wandering out to start the coffee proper and cracking his jaw with his yawn.

Yep, he was damn sure going back to bed as soon as he could.

-X

Upstairs, Tony was pulled out of sleep by a loud banging on the door. Mumbling and cursing he yanked on some sweatpants and stumbled over.

He peered through the security hole and grinned when he heard, "Police! Open up." Yanking open the door and laughing. "Jesus, Detective Morris no less. Am I busted?"

"Big time," the detective grinned before stepping forward and pulling Tony into a hug, "Hey, Tony."

"Hi, David."

Detective Morris moved into the room and indicated the uniformed man with him. "Tony, this is Officer Leo Manners."

Tony shook hands, "Good to meet you, Officer Manners."

"Oh, Leo's fine, Sir."

"Good name for a police officer! And it's Tony." He looked back at David, "How's Ziggy."

"Promoted," he replied, shortly.

"Awww. Are you sulking?"

"Don't you start. And no smirking," he added to Officer Manners.

"Sorry, Sir."

"Are you here about Billy?"

"Billy Lattens, yea. Is he here?"

"They're at Frank's. Give me two minutes and we can go over and scrounge breakfast."

Tony quickly brushed his teeth, threw on some clothes, grabbing some more for Billy, and led them to Frank's apartment.

Cal opened the door, all three men taking a deep breath at the smell of coffee and the sight of Frank and Ty at the stove, squabbling over bacon.

Ty glanced over and grinned. "Hey, if it isn't New York's finest." He paused as Tony squeezed in for a good morning kiss, and then wiped his hands and moved to greet David.

"Good to see you, David" he grinned, shaking hands.

"You too, Ty. Although you look nearly as shattered as I feel."

"He'll be going back to bed as soon as you've told us you've got that asshole behind bars," Frank declared, moving in so he could glare from close up.

"Yes, Sir. We do," David said quickly. Looking relieved at Frank's huff of approval.

"Actually," he continued, "he's on his way to prison, thanks to the thorough work of Officer Manners here. It's a good breakfast story, if there's any going spare."

"There's plenty," Frank smiled now. "You boys sit down and loosen those vocal cords with coffee, we want to know everything."

"No problem, but first," he moved over to where Billy was sat on the couch in Adam's arms, sipping coffee and watching wide eyed. "Are you Billy? How are you feeling?"

"Yea, um."

"He's a bit spaced out," Adam said helpfully, running a hand over Billy's hair.

"That's not unexpected. I'm Detective Morris, David. This is Officer Manners."

"Leo," Officer Manners said, cradling a mug of coffee and sitting next to Adam and Billy on the couch with a gentle smile.

"We've met Detective Morris before," Frank told Billy, handing him a small plate with some bacon and hash browns. "He's one of the good ones. Now just nibble on that and see how you go, okay?"

"Thanks, Frank." Billy's voice wobbled a little.

Frank leaned back down to press a kiss to his head, "Be welcome, cutie."

Soon everyone was tucking into bacon, eggs and hash browns. Or in Tony and Ty's case, a slice of bacon and one hash brown with eggs and fruit salad, Frank knowing their eating habits well.

Ty, Tony and David were all sat on the floor. David guzzling coffee as if it were about to be banned.

"Long night?" Ty teased.

"Caught a couple of hours at the station," David grimaced. "Had an early, non-related meeting. This one," he continued, waving his cup at Leo, "Pulled an all-nighter and saved us a ton of paperwork." He grinned, "And to think I complained about getting a uniformed rookie for a temporary partner."

Leo merely raised three fingers and carried on eating.

Tony looked quizzically at David who was laughing. "Three years on the beat," he explained. "Apparently that's 'not a rookie.'" He said the last in Leo's thick Brooklyn accent and made him snort with laughter.

"Can I ask a question?" Cal was sitting on the arm of Frank's chair.

"Sorry, Sir. You want to know what happened."

"No. Well, yes. But don't you need to take Billy's statement before you fill us in?"

David nodded. "We will take his statement," he confirmed. "In a couple of days, just for the record."

"When you're feeling a bit better," Leo told Billy softly.

David nodded with approval. "Yea, but we don't need to worry now. We won't be charging the perp with anything in New York." He held up a hand as everyone apart from Billy and Leo started protesting at the same time.

"Because. BECAUSE!" Everyone quietened. "Leo here discovered he was already wanted by the FBI, having been sentenced to six consecutive life terms in New Mexico three days ago. The prison transport blew a tire and went off the road. Three convicts escaped. Two back in custody in hours, but our guy, who must have had help, scooted straight to New York with the feds hot on his trail. He's on a plane right now, back to start his sentence."

He looked straight at Billy. "He won't taste free air ever again."

"What did he do?" Tony asked quietly. "In New Mexico."

David looked at Leo and raised an eyebrow, as if to say, 'You gonna take it?'

Leo nodded and placed his plate to one side, turning to Billy, still snuggled against Adam, who was eating one handed, next to him.

"First of all Billy, I want you to promise me something. I'll tell you what you need to know, but I want you to promise me you won't go looking for more. You don't need to know more than what I'm going to tell you. Okay?"

Billy frowned a little, "Okay."

"No," Leo spoked gently. "I need you to trust me. I want a promise."

"Because it will scare me?"

Leo nodded, his eye sombre.

"I promise."

"Thank you. He was convicted of six abduction-murders. It may be worse than that. The FBI are still investigating and they'll probably come talk to you at some point. When they do, Detective Morris will be there. If you want me to be there, he can track me down, you just ask all right?"

Billy reached out and gripped Leo's hand. "Who did he kill?" he asked, his eyes shining.

"The six men he killed were all gay. All of a similar build and looks." He squeezed Billy's hand, "They were all drugged."

Billy nodded, he hadn't expected Leo to say anything different, and wiped tears from his cheeks as Adam pulled him even closer and whispered in his ear.

"He must have known he'd be caught," Cal wondered out loud.

"He came here to hunt," Ty offered, his voice dark with fury. "He came here to hunt before they caught him."

David nodded sadly.

Leo who was still watching Billy with concern spoke up again. "We know he drove across country. Pretty much non-stop. We don't think, in fact we are sure, that no one else was hurt. He stumbled exhausted into New York, went straight for you, and excuse me, but fucked it up."

Now it was Frank who held up a hand. "Not to say this isn't fascinating, but I was expecting something different from our breakfast story. What happened at Better's last night? Because I know I sent our doctor over there for an emergency on our bill, and it better not have been for that asshole that tried to hurt Billy."

Leo's face lighted and David groaned. "Oh sweet Jesus, it was nearly a disaster," he complained. Before motioning for Leo to finish his food.

"We headed for Better's as we knew that Billy wouldn't be able to speak with us for a while. Headed in and reviewed the security footage with the owner, who was spitting mad."

Frank nodded. "I know Connor a little. I can't believe one of his bar staff handed over a drink that had been left unattended. It's a total no-no."

"Yea, pretty sure that guy's not going to be working behind the bar again. He had another new barman there. I actually carded him, because he looked about seventeen. Kid thought it was funny. Mr O'Nally did not!"

"Connor runs a good bar," Frank confirmed.

"Well, as we're watching the footage back, this kid speaks up, 'He's back!' He watching their live screen and dammit if he's not right. The bastard came back to try again."

"He needed a hit," Frank said thoughtfully. "He must have been desperate for a final hit before he went to jail. That's so sloppy."

Cal laughed softly when David looked at Frank, his eyes narrowed. "My husband, the ex-cop," he said fondly.

"Oh," David's face cleared. "Yea. I think you're right. It was pure desperation. But this kid at the bar. He just whipped off his work top and pulled a shirt out of his bag, saying how this guy had a type and it's him, let's nail him. Shoved a couple of bracelets on, and is suddenly transformed from employee to cute guy looking to get lucky."

Leo had finished eating at this point. "Mr O'Nally is just going, 'No. No Luc,' but we were a little slow."

"Slow. My God, it was crazy. This kid, Luc, he runs his hands through his hair just grins and says, 'Okay, I'm not blonde, but I'm a' what did he say?" David looked at Leo.

"I'm not blonde, but I'm a twink, let's nail the bastard."

"Yea, that's it. Whatever a twink is?"

"I'm not sure it's totally appropriate to be honest, Sir," Leo admitted.

"A twink is an obviously gay man who has a slender build, and looks really young. Like me, I get carded all the time, despite the fact I'm twenty-seven. Twink's are sometimes, not always, a little bit submissive as well, and." Billy's slightly dreamy explanation stopped when Adam, chuckling, kissed his neck.

"I think that's enough detail for now," he sniggered.

"Oh, sorry," Billy gave them all a sweet wide-eyed smile.

"Thanks, Billy," Leo patted his knee kindly, smirking at David's flush.

"Right," David managed. "So yea, a type. Anyhow, this Luc, walking out which is when I realized what he was thinking. Mr O'Nally's yelling, 'get your ass back in here,' and he just flings a grin over his shoulder, 'Come serve me then,' and he's gone."

"What happened?" Ty asked, fascinated.

"Mr O'Nally glares at us, but we needed back up, so he marches out to the bar and is the worst barman in history as he pulls the other guy out of there and serves Luc himself."

"Remembered to card him though, that was pretty awesome," Leo laughed.

"It was fucking dangerous," David complained, but then allowed a smile. "Oh, hell. The two of them could have been born for undercover work. Kid orders a scotch, throws it back, then orders another, with water. Perp's on him like a rash trying to buy the drink, but Luc buys him a drink instead. Clever," he admitted grudgingly.

"We're listening on my phone," Leo added. "Mr O'Nally called my line before he went out to be the world's grumpiest bar tender. Luc's moaning about being stood up, then when the perp suggests his date may just be late, he complains he waited forty-five minutes at some other bar, then gave up and came here. Then he asks him to watch his drink while he goes to the bathroom. It was a thing of beauty."

"I couldn't have planned a better sting if I'd had two days and actual back-up," David admitted. "I thought O'Nally was gonna blow it, but he turned his back, took some glasses back and that drug was in the glass. So fast."