Broken Down

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That sounds like a painful job too," he murmured, not looking at her. "Like it would be borrowing trouble," he observed. "Maybe trouble you're better off without?" he finally looked at her and she saw fear, timidity, hesitation.

"Depends on the person," she responded softly, and reached up to cup his cheek, "I would happily take that job to help you."

"It's only been a few weeks. How could you say that?" he asked softly, his gaze turning to confusion.

"I told you last night," she smiled at him softly, "It feels right, and I've been down this road before. You shouldn't have to walk it alone." She leaned forward and kissed his forehead, "It's just us."

"Just us...," he repeated softly, his mind turning that over as he looked into her eyes. "What... do you want me to do?" he murmured.

She smiled at him, softly, "Do what you feel is right, Master." She tilted her head, "Are you ready for some breakfast?"

He chewed his lip thoughtfully at her half-answer and nodded absently. "Dinner... didn't quite go as well as I might have preferred last night." His tone was shy, almost embarrassed.

She stroked her fingers through his hair then rubbed his neck gently, "So, breakfast, then I'll take you to see something." She smiled and rose to her feet, stretching, "Let me get changed first."

He rubbed his face and murmured, "Changed...," before looking down at his clothes. "Right... changed. That's... a good idea," he continued. "I should...," he started pointing in the direction of his room.

"Yes, Master, go change." She tilted her head slightly, "How did you sleep last night, Master? Do you want to stay in here again?"

He stopped on the way to the door and turned slightly, blushing. "I...," he started, then murmured softly, "Better than I have in months."

Her eyes were warm and soothing, "Do you want to stay here again? My arms and bed are always open for you, Master."

He thought about that for a moment, then nodded slowly. "If you get sick of me... or want... me gone. You tell me...," he stated.

"I don't think that will happen, but I promise I will inform you of my needs," she responded solemnly. She gave him a soft smile, "I'll get dressed and go start breakfast, Master."

"You know... you're different than anyone I've ever met, Grace. Better," he said softly, still not quite looking at her. "I know you said it felt right, I just... I worry that you'll figure out you're making a mistake." He paused, then added, "I don't know that I'm strong enough not to lose myself in you. I'm not even sure that I wouldn't want to." He went to his room and slowly changed his clothes, thinking about Grace the entire time.

The past few weeks had been incredible. He felt useful once again, and her warm smile and ready laugh were a balm for his soul every bit as much as her arms had been the previous night. He couldn't help but think that she was making a mistake, however. He was broken, toxic. Why couldn't she see that? He didn't want to ruin her the way he had ruined Kendra. She deserved better than him.

Grace started breakfast, humming to herself as she did so. She would give him what he needed when he needed it and prayed that she would be enough. The rest of the month would pass in this fashion, with him falling asleep curled into her every night and waking up beside her every morning. Soon, she went and backed a massive SUV out of the garage and started putting chains on the tires. "They'll be arriving in the morning. Figured we'd drive into town tonight, maybe have dinner?" She looked up at him, tilting her head slightly in question.

He smiled at her and murmured softly, "I'd like that. Are you... sure they're not going to be bothered if I'm there?"

"You're Master," she responded with a soft smile, "I have chosen you. Whether they're bothered or not, doesn't matter to me. This is my home, my life, and my livelihood, I choose you. I will always choose you, Master."

"You... don't just mean that for while they are here anymore, do you?" he asked quietly, looking at her with a soft and befuddled expression.

"No, Master," she straightened then stepped forward to cup his cheek, "I mean it until you no longer want it. I mean it until you decide you want to leave here." Her eyes turned soft and slightly sad, "I mean it until my last breath, but I make no demands, no requirements of you."

"What if...," he trailed off, pressing his cheek into her hand. "What if I still don't know what I'm doing, but I can't bring myself to leave because being with you feels too good to stop?" He paused, "What if I'm scared to ruin this... ruin you because I don't know how to do something good?"

She smiled at him, her eyes soft and warm, "What makes you think you haven't already been doing something good? You don't have to know what you're doing. You can just decide you want this, and then we learn it together. Nothing says you have to have all of the answers, as long as you're willing to learn. It's OK to be scared, but you can't ruin me, you can't ruin this. It takes two and as long as you're willing to try, then that's all that matters, Master." She leaned in and pressed her lips to his cheek gently, her hand still holding his face tenderly. "I make no demands, no requirements of you. This is a gift I am freely offering, Master."

He thought about that for a long moment, then nodded slowly. "All right. I'm still not convinced I won't hurt you, but I'm willing to try... all of this." He looked at her and the hurt was back. "I'm tired of being alone. I'm tired of running. I'm tired, Grace...,"

"You're not alone, you don't have to run anymore." She wrapped her arms around him, and tucked his face into her neck, it was somewhat awkward because of the clothing they were both wearing, "You can rest with me, always, Master." She turned her head and kissed his temple. "Let me get the rest of the chains on, then we'll get ready for town, OK, Master?"

He nodded and moved to help her chain up the tires on the SUV, then the two of them left for town. It was a quiet ride, but she reached out and took his hand, holding it gently in hers. He was grateful for the contact, the quiet comfort she offered. How she never pushed, but always seemed to somehow know what he needed as if somehow she was living inside his head watching him all the time. "We're supposed to be getting another storm the day after tomorrow. I'll have to blow the path to the South Bend Cabin again. It might be a good idea to warn them about the noise."

"Yes, Master, I know Juniper knows, but I'm not sure she would have warned the others," she squeezed his fingers gently, "Do you have any dinner preferences?"

"Someplace... quiet?" he offered. "I don't really have a preference for food, even though I'm certain whatever we get won't be as good as yours."

She blushed, then lifted his hand to kiss the knuckles of it before she lowered it again, "Yes, Master. I know just the place. It's attached to the hotel we'll be staying at."

He nodded, flushing slightly at her kiss. Still overwhelmed that she could want to be around him in such a way after knowing what had happened, who he'd become after, he could never quite understand it. She was so different than anyone he'd ever known. Most of the people on the west coast where he had lived were so self-absorbed. Looking for the angles, playing for the advantage. She just gave. Simple and whole-heartedly, without any thought of receiving anything in return. People weren't like that anymore, were they? Sure he had read about people like that, but in a "sophisticated" society, that was folly, wasn't it? His mind struggled with that some more before he finally gave up again, as he always did, and simply let her be who she was.

She pulled into the hotel, and slid out, landing lightly before grabbing her backpack from the back, "Rooms, then dinner."

They went in, each with their bag slung over a shoulder. The manager at the counter looked up and smiled. "Welcome, both of you. How many rooms this evening?"

Kory looked at Grace and blushed, before holding up a single finger. "Just one," he murmured.

Grace gave the innkeeper a smile, as they were given a pair of cards, then led them upstairs to their room. "How're you feeling, Master?" She leaned her head against his upper arm. "Would you like some cuddles before dinner or after dinner?"

His arm slid around her waist and he walked slowly with her. "Let's cuddle after dinner. I want to make sure you're fed and comfortable," he said, trying to think about her and what she would need.

"As, Master wishes," she murmured, kissing him tenderly on the cheek.

His hand came up to touch his cheek. "You have no idea how wonderful it feels when you do that," he murmured softly.

"Then I should do it more often, shouldn't I, Master?"

He blushed slightly, an odd expression on his weather-beaten and scarred face. "I don't really have the heart to object, Grace," he murmured softly.

"But is it something you desire, Master?" She smiled at him softly, "I want you to be happy, Master. I hope that I can help you be happy." She kissed his cheek again, then led him into the room, tossing her bag on the foot of the bed.

"You... I've been happier here... with you... than I've been in a really long time. That includes, I guess, your... kissing," he observed.

She smiled at him, her eyes turned soft, "However, I haven't kissed you the way I desire to, I want you to be comfortable and happy. I don't want you to be uncomfortable or afraid of me. I don't want you to think I'm taking advantage of you. I want you to choose me, if and when you desire to."

"I'm...," he trailed off. "I want to... I'm trying to... I'm not afraid of you, Grace. Just... don't feel worthy...," he murmured, trying to explain.

"It's not about being worthy, or what you deserve," she leaned forward, giving him plenty of time to move away, and pressed her lips to his gently, "I am choosing you, Master."

He groaned softly, hesitating only slightly before his arms slid around her and held her while he pressed his own lips back into hers. When they finally parted, he looked into her eyes. "I... am choosing you," he said softly.

"For as long as you desire, Master," she kissed him tenderly again, then held him for a few moments, "Dinner?"

He nodded, "Dinner." he held her for a moment, then added, "But... I don't leave, Grace. People leave me. If this is what you want, then I'm not going anywhere. If someone left, it would have to be you."

"I'm not going to leave you, Master. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. I don't leave someone I love." She smiled softly into his eyes, a hint of timidity appearing in hers as she realized what she had confessed.

He froze, then his gaze softened and he looked into her eyes. "You... love me?" he asked softly. "How...?"

"You feel like home. Your arms feel like where I belong, Master. Safe, warm, and treasured. I want to see you smile, and care more for your happiness. I love you because you're you."

He slowly tightened his arms again and rested his cheek on her forehead. "This past month... It's never felt like this before. I've never felt... so wanted..."

"I will happily spend the rest of my life making you feel this way, Master." She kissed his cheek, then led him to the cafe so they could eat dinner.

They ate a quiet dinner together, neither talking much, but taking comfort from sitting close to each other. She leaned into him and his arm slid around her. They took their time, and he occasionally stole her fork and fed her, blushing but holding hers with a soft gaze.

She blushed and occasionally leaned up to kiss his cheek tenderly. Her hand stroked up and down his leg, tracing patterns with her fingers. "They have cable TV here, would you like to watch a movie after dinner?"

"Sure. That sounds enjoyable. Of course...," he murmured, "I've enjoyed everything that I can think of that I've done with you... Even shoveling snow."

She giggled softly, and tucked into him tighter, "I'm glad, Master. After dinner we can cuddle and watch a movie, then tomorrow checkout, grab breakfast and be over at the airport in time for their arrival."

He nodded in agreement. "That sounds like a good plan... my... Grace." He said it softly, tasting the word on his tongue and trying to determine if it fit there. He wasn't sure, but it certainly didn't feel bad, he decided.

"Your Grace, Master," she murmured softly in affirmative, leaning into him. After they had eaten, she paid and then led him back to the room. "What are you thinking, Master?"

"I think... that I feel like I'm coming out of a tunnel. And there's a whole world on the other side that I've never seen before. And I don't know what to do. What I'm supposed to do," he breathed as they walked.

"Do what feels right, Master. That's what you should do." She leaned into him, her arm wrapping around his waist, "I promise, if I ever get upset or angry I will tell you and we will discuss it as adults do."

"I don't want you to get upset or angry, Grace. I'd do about anything to avoid that," he said softly, his tone earnest. As they arrived at their room, he unlocked the door and pushed it open.

"You can't always avoid it, Master." She followed him in, then led him over to the bed, sitting beside him and wrapping her arms around him, "But if we continue to be adults, we can work things out. I will never leave you, Master."

His own arms found their way around her and he held her like that for several long minutes before she got up to put on a movie. Sitting on the couch, she held out her arms to him and he moved to sit next to her as they watched. She felt so soft, so good in his arms, and Kory found himself wondering how he had survived without the feel of someone who wanted to be there. He rested his cheek on top of her head as they watched and occasionally sighed in contentment.

After the movie was over, she kissed his cheek, then vanished into the bathroom to change for bed, coming out in a t-shirt and shorts, she crawled into the bed, and turned the blankets down on his side, laying on her back and smiling at him as she opened her arms towards him.

He took a moment to gaze at her with soft eyes, his heart aching for her briefly before he crawled into bed once more with her. Wrapping his own arms around her, he laid his head on her chest and breathed deeply. "I can't begin to thank you enough for being who you are... my Grace. What you are...,"

"Yours, Master. Forever and always yours," she murmured and kissed the top of his head, her hand stroking his back tenderly, "Sleep, my Master. I have you, I will always have you."

And so they slept, and in the morning, they got up and had a quick breakfast at the hotel before driving the short distance to the airport. The difference was, that they did not wait at the small public section of the airport where the few larger planes from the major airlines took off and landed from. They waited at a single hangar where the private planes did so. They were not waiting long as the Leer jet pulled up to the jet bridge and an attendant moved it to mate to the side of the plane. Moments later, four individuals with suitcases walked up the hallway and one of them raced ahead, leaving her suitcase with the man she had been standing next to while squealing "GRACIE!" and flinging herself into Grace's arms.

Grace hugged her, lifting her slightly, "Welcome, little Junebug." She kissed her temple, "Welcome as well, Master Zane, Master Tanner, and Jade. This is Master Kory," she said, gesturing to the man beside her. "Master, this is Juniper, Jade, Master Zane, and Master Tanner. Our guests for the next month."

Kory stepped forward and, based on his best understanding, extended his hand to Zane and then Tanner with a soft-spoken, "Pleasure to meet you," before turning slightly toward the women, his eyes lingering on the two men. At their almost imperceptible nod, he extended his hand toward the two women as well. "Welcome to Montana. We would give you a warm welcome, but under the circumstances, with it being January and all...," he trailed off shrugging, a small smile playing about his lips as he tried to be sociable.

"My Juniper warned us," Tanner said softly, giving Kory a slight smile. "But getting the chance to get away for a while was too good to pass up."

"I've set the four of you up at the South Bend Cabin," Grace informed them, turning to lead them to the SUV. "A storm is scheduled to blow in over the next day or so, Master will be out to blow the walkway afterward. It might get a little noisy. There is food and drink available at the cabin, but you're welcome to give me a ring if you want to come up to the main house for dinner so I can prepare."

"You are, as always," Zane said with a smile, "a wonderful hostess, Grace. And we appreciate you having us in the off-season. I know it's a little more work."

"It's my pleasure to have you, Master Zane. You are always welcome to visit," Grace gave him a smile, then opened the back of the SUV so the suitcases could be piled in. Once everyone was in, she eased them away from the airport and back towards the resort. "We made sure to stock your favorites plus a little extra. Do you have any questions for me?" She smiled, flicking her gaze into the rearview mirror briefly before looking at the road again.

Tanner looked at Juniper, who appeared to be bursting out of her skin, and sighed, gesturing for her to go ahead. "So... Gracie... When? How? Tell me. Tell me, tell me, tell me!!!" She reached up and gripped her shoulder excitedly. "I mean...," she stopped, "If it's all right with Master Kory...,"

Grace looked at Kory who offered a hesitant smile and a small shrug. "Recently, his car was eaten by Beefer and he came to stay and work for me until he has the money for a new one. He's new to this lifestyle and we're exploring that direction."

Juniper's mouth dropped open and her eyes widened, "Ohhh," she fell silent, then looked at Kory, "Welcome to the lifestyle, Master Kory."

"Thank you," he said simply. He twisted his head around and looked at her with a small smile. As he brought his head back around, he lingered on Grace for a moment, before slowly reaching out and brushing his fingertips over her hand.

Zane asked, "What did you do before you came to Montana and met Beefer?" He paused, "Beefer? I still can't believe you couldn't come up with a better nickname for a bear. He's probably traumatized or something from that. No wonder he acts out..."

"His full name is Bartholomew Beefeater Brandinus," Grace responded dryly.

Zane's mouth fell open and he stared for a second. "Beefer it is!" he exclaimed.

Jade started giggling, "Why was he named that?"

"He was a circus bear, did tricks and his favorite treat and reward was beef jerky. He was abandoned at the diner when he got too big and too old," Grace responded softly, "He does alright, likes to garbage dive, but the minute he smells beef jerky he's all over it."

Kory blinked and huffed, shaking his head. "Son of a bitch...," he muttered in amazement.

The rest of the drive passed in quiet conversation, Grace pointing out views out of the window, when her hand dropped, she rubbed her fingers with Kory's holding his hand. Soon they were pulling off and up to the South Bend Cabin. "Would you four like to have dinner with us?" She asked as they began to unload

"That would be wonderful, Grace, if it's not too much trouble...," he trailed off looking toward Kory.

Kory shook his head. "That is fine," he murmured, "you are guests."

Zane looked at Kory for a moment, then nodded, "Thank you. We'll be down to the main house in... an hour or so?" he raised an eyebrow at Grace.

"I'll have dinner on the stove, Master Zane," she murmured with a smile. "Juniper remembers the path up." She headed back for the SUV so she could get up to the main house and start planning the meal.