All Comments on 'Broken Promises'

by LaRascasse

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
jetpacksamjetpacksamover 5 years ago
Oh My

Thank you so much. This was a fun read.

Sxualchocol8Sxualchocol8over 5 years ago
Wow.

Just wow. Rarely do you see stories where SHE is the one that does nefarious things to rescue HIM.

Amazingly well written and spellbinding. The storyline flows smoothly; the character development is great. I was a little confused about the sudden appearance of Heather, but I blame that on not enough coffee in my system, this morning.

All-in-all, a VERY enjoyable read. Fantastic job; please keep writing.

Sc8

dwoelfledwoelfleover 5 years ago
Amazing

Cool plot and great twist. Well done.

HDVictory1HDVictory1over 5 years ago
Welcome back

Really liked the story, thought the plot was fun, but thought that the primary characters lacked chemistry. Too much angst over love lost and conflict over promises broken to real capture a connection for me.

I understand it is a writer's prerogative to determine where a story begins and ends, but this one left me with more questions than answers. Especially confused by the final daughter scene, after what I thought was a resolution between the two main characters. That being said, I enjoyed it and your style as usual. Thanks for the new post.

fixer43fixer43over 5 years ago
left me wondering

'For at the end of the day, Roy Saviano was a small man, and small men should never have big dreams.'

Not sure what you meant by this. Was he going to keep Tatiana around or not?

Will there be a part 2?

gordo12gordo12over 5 years ago
An incredible story

and well worth the 5* it got.

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 5 years ago
Hooked Me

From the first sentence on I had to keep reading to see where this romance was gong to go. Just excellent in every way, in my opinion. As unbelievable as it was...it was believable. Crooked politicians, cartels, mafia...maybe it was too real! I think the ending is the most clever part; it really is up to the reader to decide which ending they prefer. The only criticism I can think of is; It may take me awhile to write another story of my own...sort of humbling.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Good writing.

I would have beat the holy hell.out of the bitch and ass fucked her before deciding whether to kill her.

But, I actually am not a pathetic schmuck like your protagonist.

He seemed about as attractive as sewage water.

I guess a limp dicked sucker like him can't expect any different.

Tatania beating the shit out of him wasn't even the first camel breaking straw.

Still very well written.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 5 years ago
Very well done.

A powerful story. I loved the realism and it was a very easy read.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Incredible

Well done writing a gripping story. 5*

Only slip is the ending. Did not understand the reason or what you were trying to say. Was he going to stop bonking the psychopath sis in law? Even though she would prob cut his man bits off, if he is actually a man. Then still demand sex!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 5 years ago
Замечательно! Потрясающие!

Udivitel'naya istoriya, ser.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well, What to Say?

I am of mixed emotions about this story. It was certainly a very powerful story, well written and absolutely compelling. Once I started it I couldn’t stop. But I think somebody dropped the ball , putting it in the “Romance” section of Lit. The only romantic thing I saw in it was Tania the psychopath’s teenage obsessive crush on Roy, and Roy’s grief over his dead wife. So, sorry if you think I’m nitpicking, but there are separate categories of stories for a reason. I wish the people who make those decisions would remember that.

pseud277pseud277about 4 years ago
Ghastly

Cant see an upside to that story, much less an erotic one. Leave it to the wisdom of babes? Dont see it as a moral takeaway to justify the story.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Bit disappointed. The premise is good, but the execution is not. There's a lot of scenes of Tatiana doing illegal stuff that is just unnecessary. By the second half of the story, you've already established that side of her. There should have been more focus on her and Roy's relationship. I feel Tatiana does also not come across as someone who truly cares about Roy. She keeps putting him down and undermining him as father. She says she appreciates Roy being sensitive and kind when talking about their childhood, but we don't really see what Tatiana appreciates about Roy now. Like, it seems she doesn't even respect him in any way, let alone love him. When he doesn't want to kill the drunk driver she lashes out by forcing him to watch her torture the guy, traumatizing Roy and setting him to drinking again. She never puts Roy above herself or compromises with him. It always has to be her way, even if it seriously hurts Roy.

Roy is also not well developed. Like, all he does in the story is grieve for his wife and go along with whatever Tatiana does. We don't really see the qualties that made Sofia and Tatiana fall in love with him.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

@anon - sorry, totally disagree.

1. She undermines him as father **because he's a shit father for the last 3 years**. There. I said it. OK, he's not "shit" but he crawled inside a bottle because he felt bad/sad instead of being there for the kids. Hell, the only reason he had to go to Tatiana was because he fucked up financially - he admitted that. And he made a wrong choice about bullying issue.

2. She keeps putting him down how? (other than not being a good enough father)? She definitely has issues with him, but they are legit in her eyes (he judges her - often unfairly), and she has a reasonable psychological reason to be unhappy with him (he ignored her being in love with him). She's not the one who barged into his life - he did come to her. Imagine being spurned by the man you love, and then the only reason he comes to you is to hit you up for money - WHILE he despises how you make money. But aside from being unhappy with him judging her, and criticizing his shit parenting, she doesn't put him down in any way.

3. Guess what, I think he's a dumb weaking too by not wanting to kill the drunk ass who murdered his wife. In any just world, that fucker deserved death penalty. I can totally understand why she lashed out.

4. Yes, she puts Roy above herself, by helping him in ALL things related to his family. She doesn't need to do that. He's the guy who rejected her love. She's entitled to be bitter and hateful. And she clearly compromised in the end by agreeing not to push him to stop being law-abiding stick in the mud, despite it being hypocritical in the least, as he saved his family (that HE put in danger) by using her criminal power.

And yes, It has to be her way - this is her personality. It's called being dominant. It's more frequent in men, but all people like that are indeed used to AND prefer to get their way. They are still perfectly able to love.

5. Yes, he's a soft caring guy who has strength inside him. The story may not go deep into it but it's clear why the both loved him. If you want a pop culture reference, he's "Peta" from Hunger Games (down to profession :).

All in all, it's a great story. And the gender role reversal here makes it truly well written and original.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy4 months ago

The real love you invest will be returned from untainted souls, kids …. Just this last paragraphs, the confession from Donna and Roy’s holding her tight, perfect …. Kids having a need for pure love compassion warmth kindness

This whole story, this violence in whatever form, the suffering, yes it's all human nature and it happens every day - unfortunately .... I don't know if anyone can really do such a balancing act as Tatjana, because the abyss between the mafia and the family is like the Grand Canyon, I only know one person who flew over it, Evil Knievel, and that also contains the devilish part EVIL

Very intense to read, but also because you write in a very detailed and interesting way

Definitely five stars

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨☘️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLaRascasse@LaRascasse
I like writing. Trying my hand at erotic writing now. Other facts about me: Galactic powerbroker. Benevolent celestial overlord. Compulsive dreamer. Confirmed sapiosexual. Fanatic bibliophile. Had the original idea for Facebook while I was still in utero. Interested i...