Brother Anselm on Forgiveness

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She said: "Would you want to see Mary and Julieta again? Actually, I can see why you wouldn't want to see them again?"

He shrugged and said: "Mary? Maybe not. After all, she knew that Sandra had betrayed me and that she betrayed me, too. And, well, I can see now how I might have been a little too harsh with her by totally removing myself from my life, so if Julieta would want to meet me, I'd have to give that some consideration and some thought."

She grinned at him, gave him a kiss on his cheek, picked her rucksack up and Brother Paul came and led Sandi to her room.

Gary/Brother Anselm walked across the room, sat back in his leather chair behind his desk. He stretched and smiled to himself. "Well, Lord, I guess that this is what closure feels like?"

He switched on his laptop and opened up his word processing app. "Well, a quick prayer whilst this app loads up and I think I feel the idea coming on for another sermon in my series on forgiveness. Well, life goes on," he thought, as he started to type up his next sermon.

Meanwhile, true to her word, Sandra was waiting. She realized she had a lot of apologizing to do. And not only to her husband.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
147 Comments
DeanofMeanDeanofMean6 days ago

Wow? What a stupid coward the first half was great (well it was all great the writing and the story telling) i cannot figure out how that man of fire got so walked over then went and ran away to his imaginary friends play house seemed a major cop out on the complex backstory you built so quickly (AMAZING btw)

WrickettsWricketts7 days ago

How about a part 2

Calico75Calico7518 days ago

Weird story. There is no set up to Julieta's desertion of her father and then the quick regret after ignoring him for over a week. The whole fraud thing is messed up. The MC should have at least approached a lawyer to see what could be done. Lots of holes in this story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

4 stars. Well written. Other than Sandi and Gary there were no likeable characters. Didn't "feel" that the ending was satisfactory.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted3 months ago

What an F-up family.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Interesting but the wife NEEDS to burn because she not only committed adultery but also indirect suicide. I don't much care for his Sister-in-law or daughter though it's nice that Sandi seems to have not been polluted by them. As for Paul I hope his life is a living hell.

RzcanuckRzcanuck3 months ago

This story was great and demanding justice brought to those who caused it. Then it became turn the other cheek. I hate it when an author forcibly u-turns a story like this. Some stories develop a life well lived ending and others develop into all lose in the end. Even a RAAC can be good when done right. This one needs a BTB ending, maybe not severe but still does need it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

jesus. this is fucked up. I can kinda get why the hospital wouldn't sue to avoid bad press, by why the hell wouldn't Gary sue the life out of everyone? They stole his identity and depending on how you look at it, either helped murder his wife, or helped her commit assisted suicide by forcibly and illegally removing his ability to save her life? Cherry on the cake, he has a confession in the form of hia wife's letter. Even without the cheating, he had ample grounds to destroy them. He talks about forgiving himself, but he didnt so anything, literally, he sat there and let hia wife die, then let those responsible go on with their lives. Whars he need to forgive himself for?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like the story but also I agree with inka2222 and the anon from 1 month ago’s sentiments . Firstly to the anons point, she broke a ten commandment , why she did what she did to her husband is a mystery. But like the main character said. If she thought in heaven they would be husband and wife she is sorely wrong. I’m not sure if it will be a wink wink as you pass by your former spouse or if you will be to busy praiseing god but that is an actual biblical scripture that the Mc quoted. I do agree with inka mental illness or not she made her choice to take the rod of infidelity ( joke intended ) weather she genuinely was just cheating or wanting to give her sister a daughter doesn’t matter she still committed it willingly and forged his signature, I’m not sure if she would make it to heaven we are not god as the mc said. But it brings into question weather she was backslidden aka knew what she was doing was a sin follow through with it against the guidance of the spirit or if she was under grace at the time of her death This leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, as she was banking on seeing the mc in heaven to patch her marriage up. I’m not sure he would be open to it. Either because of the level at witch she betrayed him effectively turning his daughter against him in order to provide another for someone else I’m not really entertained by the story, it’s more a thought provoking one in my opinion which isn’t a bad thing when their is a payoff f

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

In the context of most Christian denominations there is only 3 reasons to divorce and leave your spouse... 1. Adultery 2. Abuse 3. Abandonment... Sandra had committed all three... Adultery... She had sex with Paul behind Gary's back... Abuse... in both deceiving and leaving Gary she caused him intolerable long-term pain... Abandonment... she got pregnant knowing she would probably die at birth and leave her husband forever abandoned... I am definitely not God, but, His Word is unimpeachable and Sandra sealed her own fate, no matter her so-called "good intentions."... the road to hell is pave with "good intentions."

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@MattblackUK - I would be curious as to what WAS the intent in your mind. However, I can't imagine any possible valid thinking that would led one to declare MC as guilty, and to forgive the criminals.

...

@anon - fully agree on legal side, he should have had the lawyer sue the hospital. As to mental illness - you and the author are 100% wrong. I may POSSIBLY buy the mental illness angle if it was AI, and even then would be highly skeptical. But a mental illness doesn't make you an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag, only being an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag in the first place does. Maybe she had a mental illness while being an evil cheating backstabbing scumbag, which would explain her willingness to die - but NOT her willingness to inflict harm on her husband and betray him 10 different ways.

inka2222inka22229 months ago

@Medussa55 - don't know about "many", but as a BTB fan, I would cope with a lesbian LW story the same way I would - and do - cope with a "man cheating" LW story (and obviously typical LW) - I would hope that the cheater gets burnt, to the same exact degree. I hate cheaters of any sex or gender.

..

What makes the "woman cheats on man" BTB stories special (compared to reverse) is NOT, in any way shape or form, the sex of the cheater/burnee by itself. It is the fact that those BTBs are highly unrealistic escapist entertainment compared to reality. In real life, a wife can destroy a cheating husband easily, by divorcing, taking his money, his kids, and - if she's lucky - making up abuse stories in court that will be believed. This is pure reality, and does NOT require an escapist fictional story to happen. The story's still pleasing, sure (having a cheater get their comeuppance), it's just less valuable as an experience, in the big scheme of things. For comparison, a BTB where cheater is the wife, in real life would result in cheating wife having at best zero punishment (even in the very best case rare scenario, 50/50 asset split and zero punishment to cheater); and if there are kids involved, it's the husband VICTIM of cheating who gets unfairly punished (loss of kids, house, money). BTB offers the opposite, unrealistic but highly satisfying - BECAUSE of unrealism - outcome.

..

To help you compare, imagine two stories: "Honest poor man got rewarded for good deed by being given a $1M prize" and "Rich man got $1M bonus as part of salary". Both are stories about someone gaining $1M, but the first one is far more pleasing because of it's escapism/lack of realism. Second just reads like a Wall Street Journal page 17 article. Or for a even closer analogy, two stories' summary: "Murderer who fled to Ecuador to escape justice killed in a drug deal" and "Murderer executed for their crime". Both involve punishment, for same crime, but the first one is more exciting to read specifically because in real life a person like that literally gets away with murder, and the story fixed it.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
I'm a Bastard Wife cheats, he leaves, kids blame him for family breakup.in Loving Wives
Abandoned Rage Abandoned and humiliated in the worst way.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Separate Vacations: Parallel Lives An alternate take to the Story by DanielQSteele1.in Loving Wives
More Stories