Brother Asked to Correct Bratty Sis Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He paused for a minute and I thought I had lost him, then he started talking again. "To tell the truth yes we were in love with each other...me more so than her I think." He chuckled softly, "She was a year younger and obviously smarter than me, I thought I would die when she met her current husband and told me she was in love with him. She told me she loved me, but she wanted a family and that was something her and I could never have." I could still hear the sadness in his voice.

"I'm so sorry Richard, I'm having a hard time with my feelings toward Ava and I can imagine how bad you felt. Obviously Ava is having a hard time also. I'm at a loss how to handle all this," I said as I paced back and forth.

"Hey it took me a while, and it hurt when she got married and shortly moved away. I didn't speak to her again for several months. Even made an excuse not to be around when they came to visit. Mom and Dad gave me hell for never being around when they were here. It was hard enough seeing her walk down the aisle to marry him, but I made it through the wedding, then avoided her."

I couldn't imagine how hard that had been for him, could I watch Ava walk down the aisle and marry someone? I might have missed some of what he said, then he went on. "Seven months later she came home while I was home alone, without telling anyone she was coming," he chuckled, "boy did she lay into me. I still think Dad knew about her coming home and planned on him and Mom not being there so she could talk to me alone. Don't get me wrong, they had no idea about....well you know. They just thought maybe she could get through to me and find out why I avoided her. They knew we had always been so close and couldn't understand why I was acting the way I was."

"Anyway," he continued, "she chewed my ass up one side then the other and told me to man up. She said it was hard on her too but she did what she thought was best for both of us. Then she smiled and told me she was pregnant. I don't think I've seen her looking more radiant. So I put on my big boy pants and not long after I met the girl of my dreams and couldn't be happier."

"Wow, I never knew the facts. I understand better the advice you gave me. Still I don't know what to say to Ava," I mumbled again.

"Say as little as possible, but follow through and go see Sandy. Ava is going to have to put her big girl panties on and so are you...boxers...not panties," he chuckled. "This weekend, with your permission Lisa and I will talk to her."

"Yeah of course you have permission, she thinks the world of Lisa and you both."

He laughed, "Lisa has already adopted her as her sister, I've never seen her take to someone as she has Ava."

"Thanks Richard, I'll let you go. Talk later."

AVA

After running off and locking myself in my room I bawled my eyes out. I really wanted Lee to be happy, and if Sandy was the one to make happy I hope it works out for him. It just hurt so damn bad thinking we might never have sex again. I accepted the fact we could never marry, but could I be around him and not crawl into bed with him?

Looking in the mirror I dried my eyes, and glanced over to my dresser. There sat my Gateway Arch and coffee mugs. I giggled thinking about the trip here from Deer Creek. So much has changed in a short period of time. Picking up the Tacky Jack's coffee mug I thought about Nick and the wonderful time I had. Fuck why did everything have to be so complicated.

Flopping down on the bed I stared at the ceiling. "You're not a slut Ava" I said out loud. "Lisa is right there is nothing wrong with enjoying sex." Hearing me say it out loud made me giggle.

My phone rang and I thought it might be Lee. I couldn't face him right now after making a fool of myself. I just let it ring. Finally it stopped then started again. Fuck it, I picked it up to turn it off and saw it was Lisa calling.

"You must be a mind reader," I answered with a shaky voice.

"No," she giggled, "but I think my sister needs me right now. I have a meeting in a few minutes but at noon I'm free. I'll pick you up at 12:30.

"But,"......

"Don't talk. See you at 12:30. Love you, bye."

Shit did Lee call Lisa? I still couldn't face Lee right now, and didn't want to talk to him. I decided I would text him.

Ava: Did you call Lisa!?!

Lee: What? NO?

Ava: She called. Picking me up at noon.

Lee: We need to talk.

Ava: Maybe later. After I talk to Lisa.

Lee: Are you okay?????

Ava: Yeah. Sorry about earlier. Please leave me alone right now.

Lee: OK. Sure you're okay?

Ava: Will be. Need some time.

Lee: Here when you're ready to talk. Love you!!!! XOXO

Lee:Going for a run. Call me if you need me.

LEE

I should have known Richard would tell Lisa. Just didn't expect her to call Ava now.

Maybe it was for the best. I still didn't know what to say to Ava, and she wasn't ready to talk to me. Maybe a run would clear my head.

I made sure I stayed out after my run until I was sure Lisa had picked Ava up. At one o'cock I returned home and took a shower. I didn't realize how out of shape I had gotten and every muscle ached. It reminded me I needed to get back to regular exercising like I did before Ava arrived.

AVA

Lisa didn't say where we were going, so I picked a modest light blue sundress that was sleeveless and had a button up top with white buttons, a white belt around the waist, then flared out and went down to just above my knees.

Getting dressed up helped my mood and standing there looking in the mirror with white open toed sandals with 2" heels I brushed out my hair.

Whatever tongue lashing she planned, I had already kicked myself for losing it this morning. Obviously Richard and his sister didn't love each other like I did Lee, if they parted ways so easily.

When she picked me up she was all smiles and friendly like nothing was wrong. I expected her to at least question why I acted out this morning after we had just talked yesterday. Not that I could totally blame her.

Finally I couldn't take it any longer. "Just go ahead and tell me why you called this morning?" I mumbled while fidgeting with my white purse in my lap.

"The truth," she smiled, "I heard Richard on the phone this morning talking to Lee, and figured you needed a friend, and to get out for a little while. So here I am."

"Did they tell you what happened?" I asked her.

"Just that you got upset and was up in your room crying. It didn't take a genius to figure out why," she said as she reached over and grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze. "Don't tell me anything right now. I want you to just relax and let's have a nice lunch, then we'll talk." She smiled and gave my hand another squeeze.

I felt much better after lunch. I hadn't realized how hungry I was, I had not eaten much of my breakfast. Plus Lisa kept the conversation flowing with funny stories, and I forgot all about this morning.

When we finished she paid for lunch and we walked outside, she linked arms with me and said this way. "I know a quiet place in the park on the corner, where we can talk."

It was a nice little neighborhood park with a playground and several shady places to sit. Little boys and girls were playing on the swings, the jungle gym and 2 boys were teasing a little girl on the merry-go-round. I giggled when the boys started arguing and I heard one of them say 'She my girlfriend' and the other said 'No she's mine'.

The little girl got off the merry-go-round and walked up to them and shook her finger at both of them and said, 'You're my brothers and you can't be my boyfriends. Now stop arguing and push this thing I want to go fast.' Then she got back on the merry-go-round and the two boys grinned and rushed over and started pushing until the ride was spinning fast. They were all three giggling and laughing.

A woman turned and looked at us and smiled, she was obviously the mother. She had an expensive digital camera she was taking pictures with, she walked over with a big grin on her face. "Those three wear me out sometimes, do mine if I have a seat?" She laughed.

We were sitting on a long bench under a shade tree. Lisa smiled and told her to join us. Lisa made the introductions, the woman's name was Amanda. Something was up but I couldn't put my finger on it. Lisa and Amanda seem to know each other.

I was seated between them and Lisa made an excuse to walk across the street to get us all something cold to drink. I was now alone with Amanda. She used her camera and took a couple more pictures of her kids, then leaned back. "I was in your shoes one time in love with my brother. I thought the world was coming to an end when he met someone and told me he was getting married," she said, in her sweet southern voice.

"I thought you and Lisa acted like you knew one another. I can't believe she told you," I mumbled, blushing embarrassed.

"Well Lisa is a good friend and she knows anything she tells me I'll not tell anyone. She obviously thinks the world of you, she called me this morning and thought maybe I could help. Lisa tells me she trusts you and you wouldn't tell anyone of our conversation today," she smiled and squeezed my hand.

"Of course not, Lisa is like an older sister to me, I wouldn't do anything to make her more upset with me," my voice is a little shaky.

"Oh she is not upset with you, she just thought another viewpoint might help you.," she grinned, "I understand your having a hard time worrying about what happens if your brother falls in love, where does that leave you. Right?"

"Yeah, sort of," I mumbled, "and what if I fall in love with someone. It's all just confusing."

She giggled softly and squeezed my hand, "Tell me about it. Oh my God my brother and I had mind blowing sex, I was a virgin and and horny and knew he was experienced. I practically seduced him I was wanting to get rid of my V-card. All my girlfriends were telling me about how hot sex was and here I was 18 and pretending I knew what they were talking about."

She paused for a minute, looking off in the distance with a smile on her face. Then cleared her throat, "Anyway I wouldn't trade anything for the time my brother and I had, he taught me more about sex than young boys could, I even named my first son after him."

"Your brother was older?" I asked her.

"Four years older. We still laugh about times we almost got caught by our parents, when we are alone. His family lives here and he and my husband are close. The skills I learned from my brother, I don't think I have to worry about my husband straying," she giggled. "If he did and I didn't kill him my brother would."

"You don't miss...you know..." I muttered and she cut me off.

"Having sex with him? I wouldn't say I mess it, my husband is damn good in the bedroom and we work making sure our sex life doesn't suffer because we have 3 kids," she laughed softly. "That can be a challenge sometimes."

"Anyway," she continued with a big smile, "I'm lucky I have three men in my life that love me and would do anything for me and I can depend on, my Dad, brother and my handsome husband."

I felt better after hearing her story, it seemed she and Richard had been able to move forward from an incestuous relationship and were happy, plus on good terms with their sibling. Maybe things would work out for Lee and I.

"I appreciate your sharing that with me, it does help knowing others have gone through what I'm experiencing. It would just destroy me if I lost connection with my brother," I gave her a little smile and hugged her.

"From what Lisa tells me about your brother I don't think you have to worry about that. You just hang in there and I bet it all works out."

Lisa walked up with 3 large drinks and said, "Sorry for taking so long, the owner of the store recognized me from one of our ads and wanted me to help him sell his home," she laughed. "So I guess I can truthfully say I was working this afternoon," she giggled.

We sat and talked while we enjoyed the cold beverages and watched the kids playing. Amanda spoke up, "Well it's time I round up my three rug rats and get home. Ava it was a pleasure meeting you and I wish you the best," giving me a hug, "you wait and see things will work out like they are supposed to."

LEE

I had just finished showering when my phone rang. I hurried over to get it hoping it was Ava, or at least Lisa calling to tell me Ava was okay. Instead it was my father.

"Son I just needed to let you know your Uncle George passed away today around noon. I just came home to clean up and wanted to call you. The funeral will be Thursday morning at 11 a.m." he said in a choked voice.

"Dad I'm so sorry. He was a good man. Do you think I need to cancel Ava's SAT test, so we can come home?"

"God no, I don't expect that, I just wanted to let you know. Your Mom and I are so happy you got her turned around and she is going to get an education. I know my brother would feel the same way. So you and her stay there and I'll explain to the family."

"Dad at least let me know how I can help, I'm sure after the services there will be a reception. Tell you what, I'm going to call 'Rooster's' and tell him to cater the reception and bill me, you just let them know the details."

"That's fine son, I know they will appreciate that. I'll get a large wreath from all of us, with yours and Ava's names on it. Is Ava where I can speak to her?"

"Not right now Dad, she's out with my best friend Richard's wife. They have become close and they act like sisters," I chuckled.

"That makes me feel good knowing she is making new friends. Son thanks for saving our little girl, and tell her we love her and are proud of her," he sobbed.

Yeah Dad I thought, I've done a great job. If you only knew you would disown me, if not kill me. "I will Dad, I will. Give my love to the family and I'll tell Ava to give you a call when she comes home. Bye."

AVA

"Well are you mad at me for arranging Amanda to talk to you," Lisa asked in a soft voice as we drove away.

"No I understand why you did it. Amanda's situation was closer to mine than the one you described about Richard and his sister. Plus I was getting the female view. I promised Amanda I wouldn't tell anyone about her speaking with me," I replied my voice calm now and feeling better about the future.

"Like I told you the other day, I don't know what the future holds, except you can count on Lee always being there for you. Believe me, he's having a hard time dealing with this also. (Pause..silence).

"My advice for what it's worth, you have told me you and him profess your love for one another. That's fine, but I would stop using the word love when your engaged in sex. I think all men and women use the word 'love' to much when having sex, when it's more about sexual pleasure and enjoying each others bodies."

"I think I understand what you mean," I giggled softly, "believe me I enjoy his body. I never knew sex could be so good until Lee."

"I have no doubt you love him, and he loves you. Hell fuck each others brains out, just use the 'love' word when you are simply enjoying each others company. Don't confuse sex and love as the same thing," she replied as she reached over and patted my leg.

LEE

Ava came in a little while after I got off the phone with Rooster's in Deer Creek. I told them to bill me for the cost and let people know it was from me and Ava. At least she didn't have puff red eyes, and had a small smile on her face. She looked beautiful as usual.

I told her about the call from Dad and Uncle George passing. She shed a tear or two but didn't break down crying. She had never been as close to Uncle George as I had, and his kids were much older than her. I explained we were sticking to our schedule of going to Tuscaloosa and to call Mom and Dad.

She went off to her room to do that in private, while I drove myself crazy wondering what her and Lisa discussed. When she came back downstairs I waited her out to see if she wanted to talk about this morning and last night.

Talking as if everything was fine she told me about the call with Mom and Dad. She smiled more as she told how they went on about how much they loved her and were proud of her. That seemed to mean a lot to her, knowing they loved her and didn't hold the past against her.

She paused for a minute then continued, "I still want to make my home here, I'm not going back to Iowa," she murmured, as she used her thumb nail to scratch the label off her bottle of water, "except to visit Mom and Dad."

I wasn't going to bring up the elephant in the room until she did. She appeared as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers, sitting there on the couch destroying the label on the water bottle.

"In that case we really need to get that Iowa driver's license changed to Alabama," I chuckled softly. I saw a small smile appear on her face as she continued to pick at the label.

Finally she looked at me. "About this morning, I would like to put that behind us and chalk it up as letting my emotions get the best of me. I talked with Lisa and I feel better about everything. You and I discussing it won't help,.....unless you're upset with me and have something you want to say."

"I'm not upset with you Ava. I made a promise I would always be here for you and I will. Whatever you need from me you only have to ask, and if it's something I can do I will gladly," I smiled to let her know we were fine.

That got me a real smile from her. "In that case take me somewhere and show me how to eat crawfish," she giggled softly. "If I'm going to make this home I might as well learn how to eat like the rest of these rednecks."

I chuckled loudly, "That I can do, I'll take you to the 'Angry Crab Shack' but you might want to get out of that pretty dress, it can get messy."

Later....

Our order came out and I watched her grin and look around the restaurant at others eating crawfish. I showed her how to hold the crawfish and pull the tail out and bite the tasty treat and pull it out, then suck out the juices in the head. She hesitated looking at the head at the yellow stuff and made a face, then proceeded to suck the head. Her face lit up and she smiled and ate the tail.

"Wow that's spicy," she giggled. Then picked up another one and dug in and ate several before she stopped and took a drink of water. "Once you get past the idea of them crawling around in muddy water, they actually taste good."

"Try the potatoes and corn," I chuckled, "just make sure you don't pig out and eat more than your share."

I took my phone out and snapped several shots of her eating crawfish, then she posed for the camera grinning and sucked the head of a crawfish. When we finished she was giggling and sucking her fingers clean.

"Does that make me a redneck now," she giggled. Wiping her mouth she smiled, "Rednecks just need to remember, as good as that corn was it probably came from Iowa."

Before we left I bought her a souvenir, an Angry Crab Shack coffee mug with the picture of an angry crab snarling with big eyes with bushy eyebrows to add to her mug collection. She got a kick out of that.

When we got home she was in a good mood and thanked me for taking her out. She kissed my cheek and said she was going to bed. She started to walk away, then turned back to me.

"Can you do one more favor for me," she asked with a small smile and sucked in her bottom lip.

"Sure, what do you need?" I asked with a puzzled look on my face.

"Would you take your t-shirt off and let me have it to sleep in?" she smiled.

Pulling my red t-shirt off I held it out to her, "Sure, get a goodnight's sleep." I smiled at her as she took it.

"Thanks, goodnight," she said softly and walked away.

Scratching my head I wasn't sure what to think. It thrilled me that she wanted my shirt to sleep in, but I wasn't fully sure where we stood with each other. I was just glad she seemed happy and was at peace with what happened. That was the main thing. Still I wished I knew what Lisa said to her.