Brother Husbands

Story Info
Married couple invite a friend.
8.4k words
4.51
28.7k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers

This is a revision of a story of the same title I posted to Literotica several years ago. The story, events, and characters are all fictional.

***

My best friend, Terry, threw lavish parties on Friday nights when he was trying to close a big deal. Terry always invited me even though I rarely had anything in common with the rest of the guest list. I only attend because Terry and I'd gone to school together and been friends forever. I was on my way to one of those events. Stuffed into last year's suit and running about thirty minutes late thanks to a minor shoelace mishap at my place.

When I got there, the driveway was packed with expensive cars and SUV's. I drove down the block a short distance and parked my four-year-old sedan. It was a beautiful evening and the walk was just long enough to clear my head and prepare my ego for the barrage of snobbery sure to come. After a long deep breath, I rang the bell, straightened my tie and waited.

An appropriately attired rent-a-butler answered the door. The hired help led me into the living room and presented me to the host. Terry's face split into a perfect smile. I knew it was perfect and expensive. I did Terry's taxes.

We'd known each other longer than either of us could remember. We'd grown up next door and went to every school together except college. Terry became a huge success in the banking industry while I became a CPA. Good enough at crunching numbers to live comfortably.

Terry's blonde hair was neatly brushed back and his suit was once again, a new one. I stuck out my hand and he shook it as I glanced around the room. I crammed a bottle of wine into Terry's other hand.

"David, so good you could make it. Gloria was beginning to worry. You know how she is." Terry glanced at the bottle.

I hadn't spotted anyone else I knew. "Hey, Terry. How's it hanging?"

Terry leaned close with a conspiratorial tone to his whisper. "We're going to slay them tonight, my friend. Just wait and see."

"Sounds great, anyone in particular I'm supposed to schmooze?"

Terry broke into laughter. "Not tonight, just be friendly and smile a lot. I may be able to steer another client to your firm too."

"That'd be great. The old man was talking partnership the other day."

Terry threw an arm across my shoulders and guided me into the center of the room. "I told you." He thumped me on the chest. "I told you. Land a couple big clients and you're in like Flynn."

I nodded as a bit of heat migrated onto my face. Terry directed me around introducing people I'd probably never lay eyes on again. He discreetly handed the bottle off to one of the caterers with instructions to take it to the kitchen. I knew it wasn't expensive enough for this crowd, but Gloria liked it when she wasn't trying to impress clients for one of Terry's endeavors.

I snagged a glass of the good stuff from a caterer's tray and sipped. It was good, no doubt. Terry gave me the eyebrow indicating he was going to abandon me to go suck up to some shaker and mover in the local economy. I nodded my understanding.

Terry turned and took a step then looked back over his shoulder. "This guy's an asshole, but I need him in on this deal."

I nodded again and wandered toward the hors d'oeuvre line. Or as I called it, the snack table. I was thankful most of the people in attendance didn't seem to notice me. I picked up a little plate and made my way down the line.

One piece of smelly cheese, pass on the caviar. One tiny disk of summer sausage, a dollop of onion dip, and a couple olives. I paused in front of the bowl filled with potato chips. One of the muckity-mucks must like them. Gloria never had chips on the snack table. A pair of salad tongs rested in the bowl. I looked around, no one was watching, so I grabbed a handful and dropped them on my plate.

I was about to wipe my hand on my pants, but remembered I wasn't wearing jeans. I made my way back to the other end of the table and got a napkin.

I stood in the living room blending in with the drapes. I finally saw Gloria. She'd been my high school crush. I met her when she and I were freshman. I spent many weeks lost in the fog of teenage hormones lusting and day dreaming about her long blond hair and athletic legs.

Unfortunately, while I was day dreaming, Terry got off his ass and asked her out. Terry and Gloria were a steady deal after that. Now, she'd been his wife for ten years.

Gloria must have seen me out the corner of her eye. As soon as she pried some geezer's hand off her butt, she sashayed toward me.

She'd gotten her beautiful hair cut into a trendy bob. It looked great on her, but I was still a little old school and mourned her long locks. She had her intimidating blue eyes nestled in a mass of makeup that, for some strange reason, I knew was called a smoky eye. She was wearing a pink cocktail dress with matching lip gloss, nails and shoes. Yeah, I sometimes still got aroused thinking about her.

It wasn't a jealous longing or anything, I'd gotten over pining for her way back in school. Terry and Gloria were two of my favorite people in the world. They made each other happy, so I was happy for them. Still, if Terry dropped dead that night, I'd be there to jump Gloria's bones the next day.

I'd been married for four years, but that institution had stumbled to its demise with a pitiful whimper two years ago. I dated some, but mostly I worked and worked on working.

"Dave, I was worried you weren't going to make it tonight. I couldn't stand one of these parties if you didn't come and provide me a friendly face and moments of actual conversation." Gloria placed a hand on my shoulder. She always did.

I smiled and gave her a one-armed hug. "That's me, all friendly faced and normal, like an old couch or dog or something."

"I'm being serious, did you see that old letch?" She pointed discreetly.

I sipped some wine. "Yeah, I saw him. You want me to punch him in the nose?"

Gloria laughed shaking her head. "God no, he's a pillar of the community, or so they say. Just another dirty old man if you ask me. Did you bring a date?"

I shook my head. "Fresh out I'm afraid. The last one found her soul mate and ran off with him to a commune or something in Arizona. Do they still have communes?"

"I don't know." Gloria glanced around the room. I cringed. I knew that look. The match maker. Gloria covertly poked her chin at an attractive young woman standing with a guy old enough to be her father.

"I can introduce you to Beth, she's with that guy, but he's a jerk and she'll jump ship the moment a better deal comes along."

I gave Beth's date the once over. "I can tell by his suit I'm not a better deal, besides you introduced me to Sheryl and look how that turned out."

Gloria made a sad face. "I think the two of you just gave up trying too soon. Both of you. Not just you. I know all too well it takes two to tango."

"Shit happens." I sipped some more of the good stuff. Terry made eye contact with Gloria from across the room. She turned to me and smiled.

"His highness beckons. He must need backup dealing with Wilson. Don't sneak out and go home. Terry and I need to talk to you about something, but not until these people clear out."

I nodded and saluted her with my wine glass. She made her way into the crowd, but I got to watch the swing of her hips and wriggle of her butt as she went. Mother of two and still got it going on, that's what I was talking about.

After a sigh, I made eye contact with Beth. I smiled and gave her the wine glass salute. She smiled back, but placed her hand on her escort's arm. I got the message, mentally patted out the flames of my crash and burn, then eased my way through the caterers into the kitchen.

I put my plate on the counter next to the sink then in an act of mock rebellion tossed the remains of the good stuff down the drain. I stared at my reflection in the window for a few moments, then went outside by the pool. The night had gotten a little cool and there weren't many people milling about. I went to the bartender and got a cola. Nothing going on out there so I went back inside.

Having been in their house almost as often as my own, I knew my way around. I grabbed a bag of chips off a kitchen cart, then went up the back stairs directly to the kids play room. I went in and found them both engaged with a popular video game.

"Hey there gentlemen, how's things going?" I said.

Brian, the elder, all of eight years old, named for Gloria's father, looked momentarily and acknowledged my existence. "Uncle Dave."

I took a seat on a coffee table behind the pair. I dropped the bag of chips between them and squeezed John's shoulder. "Earth to, John, are you in there?"

John nodded. "You brought chips, that's cool."

"When's the last time your Uncle Dave came around without junk food?"

Brian gasped with disappointment as his avatar died a gruesome death and the game played sad music. "Darn, I can't get past this level." He put his controller down and grabbed the bag of chips, ripping it open. "If you're hiding from the party, Mom's going to find you, you know?"

I shrugged. "Couldn't let the night pass without at least saying hey to my best buds. Besides, I need some time away from Mister Snoot face and trying to remember what company he founded."

John giggled as the music became quite happy and there were fireworks on the screen. "You said snoot face."

"Nobody tells Mom about that. Come on, I need you both to swear to it," I said. They did so in unison.

"Truth is, I'm thinking about sneaking out and going home. What do you think? Can I make it?"

Brian gave the question serious thought as he crunched a few chips. "I doubt it, Mom always catches us, even if we're not up to something."

"Yeah, but she's not my mom. Mom radar only works on their own kids most of the time."

Brian laughed and pointed. I looked over my shoulder. Gloria was standing in the doorway. She flashed a glowing smile.

"It seems to work on big kids too," Gloria said.

I grinned back at her. "Hey, Terry said to schmooze the important people so I came and found the two most important people I know. Bribed them with chips too."

Gloria shook her head. "Dave, I wish you'd stop bringing them junk food. I'm trying to instill a healthy respect for our bodies. Say goodnight to your Uncle Dave, he's going back to talk with Mister Snoot face."

I stood and said goodbye to my coconspirators, then left the room with Gloria.

"There's healthy then there's hollow and boring. A couple chips every now and then won't hurt them," I said when we'd reached the hallway.

"I know, but I'm trying to establish a lifestyle that'll serve them well in the future."

I hugged her shoulder at the head of the stairs. "Gloria, my love, don't ever confuse lifestyle with living. All of this." I gestured at the house in general. "Is just stuff. Granted, it's really nice stuff, but still just stuff. Those boys are your life."

Gloria took a step down then stopped and looked back at me. "There are times when I wish you'd asked me out first."

I smiled and joined her a step down. "You got the right guy, look at those kids, they're the best. Besides, I was a nerdy coward. No real woman wants a coward."

"You're no coward, Dave. You're just a little shy. Had I realized that back then..." She smiled after a moment. "Come on, I've got someone I want you to meet."

Gloria wrapped my free arm with hers and pulled me down the stairs. She smelled like a mermaid, or rather like I figured a mermaid would smell. Like she'd just come from the ocean. All salty, sweet, and fresh. I went along, but I shook my head.

"You know I'm like kryptonite to your girlfriends. A couple days with me and they turn into nagging hags. It's horrible. Then they always take my broom and fly away on it. Do you know how many brooms I've had to buy? There ought to be a law or something. Use your own broom, damn it. I'm not dating anymore of them. I'll find someone at the grocery store or the carwash. Maybe at a pawn shop. Wasn't there a girl for sale on one of those pawn-shop shows the other day?"

Gloria laughed. "God, sometimes you're just awful. You don't have to date her. You just have to meet her. Things like dating will take care of themselves."

Gloria dragged me back into the living room. The crowd had thinned out considerably. I guessed most of the old money had to go get its rest. Gloria steered me toward a pretty, thirtyish woman.

"I went to school with Maggie. She's very nice and very available. Behave and try to be your normal charming self for a change," Gloria said.

"She's gorgeous, but I can tell already she's from money, really old money."

Gloria gave me her most serious mom face. I cringed appropriately. "For God's sake behave," she said.

We paused in front of Maggie. She was sharply dressed and had a dynamite figure. Her light brown hair was professionally done and her dark eyes were intelligent and inviting. In short, she was beautiful.

"Margret Wilson, David Masters."

I took her offered hand and squeezed it gently. "Very pleased to meet you, Miss Wilson."

Margret smiled a friendly smile. "Thank you. Gloria has told me a great deal about you. Please, call me Maggie."

"Maggie it is then. My friends call me Dave." Gloria beamed at the two of us then moved off leaving us to small talk for a few minutes.

Maggie was a good conversationalist and I discovered she was an attorney. No surprise there. Terry was trying to get her father to join in on some big real estate deal. I liked her and she seemed to enjoy my company for the short time we spent together. We even exchanged phone numbers. I was about to suggest we sneak away for some dancing when her father came over and announced he was ready to leave.

Maggie introduced me to him, but he didn't seem to approve. He did go to Terry and spoke briefly with him before they said their final goodnights.

When they'd all gone and only the caterers were left busily cleaning up, Terry came to me.

"Well that went really well. The old man is on board. It helps that you and Maggie got along so well," Terry said.

I snagged and crunched a few chips before the caterer got away with the bowl. "He didn't like me. I don't see how that's any help."

Terry swirled his ice cubes. "He doesn't like anyone. Maggie likes you, that's what's important."

"Speaking of important, what was so important I had to hang around past my bed time?"

Gloria walked up and gave us each a little kiss on the cheek. "I'm going to put the boys to bed. You guys have a drink and wait for me. I'll be right back down."

We watched her hips sway as she went up the steps. I noticed Terry was watching my reaction more so than Gloria's behind. I grinned as my face felt like I was standing too close to a sun lamp.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to leer or anything, but Gloria still has it going on. She's beautiful and very hot. Don't read anything into it," I said.

"Not to worry, Dave. We've been friends a long time. All three of us. You're a red-blooded man and she is a sexy woman." He stepped over to the bar and poured us a couple fingers of premium Scotch.

Terry handed me a glass then spoke with the caterer in charge. The crew had finished for the night and would return the next day to complete their cleaning up. Terry nodded, pushed a hundred-dollar bill into the man's hand and showed them out.

Terry and I took seats in the living room and exchanged small talk while we waited for Gloria to return. I was curious about what they wanted, but knew them both well enough, they'd get around to it when they were ready.

Gloria, barefoot, padded into the room wearing a fluffy white bathrobe, but still wearing her makeup. She sat on the arm of Terry's chair and crossed her legs swinging a foot. She took Terry's glass and sipped, leaving a faint pink imprint of her lip on the rim before returning it.

"Have you gotten to it yet?" Gloria asked.

"No, not yet." Terry shook his head. "I was waiting for you."

They both looked over at me. I set my glass aside and shrugged at them. I could see Terry was nervous. I cleared my throat, trying to prime the pump.

"Glory and I have been talking, talking together for quite a while now." She patted his thigh, apparently for encouragement, then smiled at me "I don't want to bore you with a bunch of meaningless background story and all of that right now so, I'll just come to the point. We've a favor to ask of you. Of course, you're completely free to decline and if so, nothing else will be said about it."

I waited a respectful second or two before I realized Terry was struggling internally with the subject.

"You guys know if it's in my power I'll do it for you. So, why don't you just go ahead and ask?" I said.

Terry glanced at Gloria. A nervous smile crossed his face, then he looked back at me.

"Okay. As you well know, we've been married ten years now, nearly eleven actually. We have a good life together. We're financially well off, our family and friends are very supportive." Terry gestured at me to emphasize which friend he was speaking of. "I think Glory and I have a very satisfying sex life as well." Terry paused and took a drink.

Now I was getting nervous, it was unlike Terry to beat around the bush so much, but I just nodded and sipped my drink.

"We change things up in the bedroom from time to time to keep it fresh and exciting. You know the deal, some toys, a little role playing, and what have you. Nothing too over the top," Terry said.

My mind was screaming, too much information.

Terry gulped and Gloria playfully punched him in the shoulder.

"So, we were hoping you'd be willing to join us from time to time. Just to keep things spicy."

I was sure I'd of had the same expression if he'd told me I had a grown child living in squalor in an orphanage. I stammered a couple times and tried to formulate a cogent response, but I just kept staring at Terry.

Gloria stepped in. "Dave, we're a little nervous too. We've tried to broach the subject with you a couple times and haven't been able to. The wrong company or prying ears too close by. I'm sure you understand. Terry's in a prominent position at the bank so, discretion is very important.

"We've discussed inviting a stranger, like when we're down in Mexico or something, but I don't think I'd be comfortable with a stranger. As bold and risqué as this idea seems, I'm still somewhat shy about it all. I'd be much more comfortable with someone I know and care about. You can say no. We'll both understand, but we'd really like you to agree. Both of us."

I dragged my eyes from Gloria's to Terry's. Terry nodded. "I'm more comfortable with you over a stranger as well. I know you love Glory and me so, we think you're the perfect fit."

I tossed down the remains of my drink and signaled for another. Gloria smirked, got up and poured another couple fingers for me.

"I don't want to sound ungrateful or something, but are you sure about this? I mean, I thought you guys were happy and all," I said.

They both nodded as Gloria returned to her seat. "Dave you're a sweet guy, you stay in shape and we both love you. We think you're the perfect guy for us," she said.

I drained my glass in a single throw. "You mean all three of us, together, at the same time?"

Terry and Gloria nodded in unison.

"Tonight? Right now?"

Terry shook his head. "No, not tonight. God no. The kids are in the house. We're thinking a couple weeks down the road. The boys are going to stay with Glory's parents for the weekend and that would be perfect."

I nodded and let an audible sigh of relief escape my lips. "I'm not saying no and I hope you understand I'm very flattered. I love both you guys, but can I sleep on it and give you an answer tomorrow or the next day?"

shutterpsb
shutterpsb
197 Followers