Brotherly Love

Story Info
A young woman goes to live with her half-brother.
10.6k words
4.74
27.6k
71
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zootonius
Zootonius
858 Followers

Author's Note, Thanks again to kenjisato for editing and suggestions.

______________

Brian waited at the bus station, thinking about the past and the coming change in his life. His half-sister Alicia, Ali, who was nearly nine years his junior, had called him the week before begging him to let her stay with him. She had only graduated high school the week before and, like Brian years before, wanted out. He had been estranged from his mother since college, his only contact with home was with his sister. He suspected she was being driven out of the house by the same forces that drove him away.

So, he took the afternoon off work to pick her up.

The bus pulled up and Brian watched the people exit. Despite sharing photos over the years, he wondered if he'd recognize her. Yet there she was, no longer the adolescent of his memory.

Alicia collected her suitcase and turned to see Brian smiling at her. She ran to him and gave him a bear hug.

"I'm so glad to see you!"

"Me too, Ali."

As he hugged her, he realized how petite and slim she was, giving her an air of being younger than her eighteen years.

"Man! It's been, what, six years since I saw you," he said, as they continued to hug.

"Seven!" she corrected him.

"Come. Let's get you home."

'Home!' Alicia liked the sound of that.

Brian dumped her suitcase on the back seat of his car and the two headed off.

"So, want to talk about it?" he asked, as they got on the highway.

"No!" she barked, taking in the scenery of her new city.

Brian said nothing. But understood the vagaries of being with their mother.

He changed the subject. "How was the bus ride?"

"Hungry. I only had ten bucks. Oh, thanks for buying the ticket."

"Why didn't you say so," he replied, pulling off the highway.

In a minute, they were at a burger joint. They sat at an outside table and Brian smiled at how she devoured her huge burger and fries.

With a smile from a satisfied stomach, Alicia watched as the landscape changed as they resumed their trip. They were heading to the outskirts of the suburbs, an area that not long before, had been more agricultural.

Brian pulled the car into a driveway, the house unseen from the road. Alicia smiled when her new home came into view. It was older and smaller. A little bungalow home on a fair-sized lot. And the trees and shrubs made it very private.

"Wow!" she exclaimed.

"Not much. I didn't want a condo. And here, I feel like I'm in the country. It's a long commute to work, but it's good for my sanity."

The setting and the warm, late June weather enchanted Alicia and she immediately took a liking to it.

She found the inside simple and neat. Neater than she expected of a bachelor.

"Here's your room. A small, spare bedroom for a small house."

"I love it!" Alicia told him. She didn't care what it was like, it represented her freedom.

"One bathroom, I'm afraid. You look like you could use a nap."

"A shower and a nap," Alicia replied.

"Towels are there." He smiled. "I have email to catch up on."

Brian settled at the kitchen table with his laptop, listening to the shower run as he caught up on his messages.

It was six-thirty, when Alicia finally appeared. She found Brian cooking. "Smells good!"

"Yeah, stir-fried veggies and rice. I figured you got your meat ration at lunch," he replied, turning to her.

He got a bit of a shock seeing her in shorts and a tube top that showed off her small but pert breasts. That, her legs, and her long, dark hair that framed her face confronted Brian with just how beautiful his sister was. He was of half a mind to tell her to tone down her outfit. But remembered she likely had heard enough of that from their mom. And, he admitted to himself, he liked the view.

"I didn't know you could cook."

"Had to, if I wanted to eat well. Besides, I found women like a man who can cook."

Alicia giggled. "Got a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, Stacy. And we have a date tomorrow. Taking her out to dinner. So, you're on your own Friday."

They sat down to eat, and Brian grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"Can I have one?" she asked.

"Um... Okay. Today, seeing how it's a special occasion. But don't expect it to be a regular thing. I don't want people to think I'm turning my little sister into an alcoholic!"

"No. One alcoholic in the family is enough," she replied.

They both went silent as Brian cringed, realizing he'd stepped on a touchy subject for them both.

"Brian," Alicia started, putting her hand on his, "I want to thank you. I mean... like... It must be a pain having me show up like this, I..."

"Ali! Stop! I want you here! I feel guilty for not being there for you all these years."

"You stayed in contact."

"That's not the same."

"Brian, I understand. You had to get away."

He went silent as the guilt welled up, over abandoning the only family member he loved.

He decided to change the subject. "Now, ground rules. Do you have plans?"

She shook her head.

"Two choices then. Get a job. Or go to school. The community college here is pretty good. I'm happy to support you if you go to college. But you need some plan."

Alicia simply smiled. She wondered how long Brian would let her stay. But then, she knew it was an open-ended invite.

She took a swig of her beer and scrunched up her face.

"It's an ale. An acquired taste, I guess."

She insisted on doing the cleanup, and after, Brian suggested they watch a movie.

They sat on the sofa, and as Brian searched for something they both might like, Alicia started, "You asked me if I wanted to talk about it." And after a pause, "Well, mom has been just as difficult as ever. But it was her new boyfriend. A real creep."

Alicia went quiet as Brian waited.

"Mom laughed it off as innocent flirtation. But I didn't want to put up with it."

"Ali, you did the right thing coming here," he replied, putting his arm around her and giving her a hug.

He suddenly felt the moment was awkward and put his arm on the backrest. But Alicia liked it. She placed his arm around her and nestled closer.

"I could use some comforting," she explained. But, in fact, she liked feeling his arm around her.

Brian wasn't going to protest. "Heard from your dad?"

"Nah, long gone like yours. I suspect he didn't like the child support. You know, I left mom a note telling her I split. Oh, I didn't tell her where. I thought I'd get a call from her-- an earful. But nothing. I feel like she's happy to be rid of me."

"Ali!" he whispered, pulling her in tightly.

Alicia rested her head on his shoulder, feeling more loved than she had in years, as Brian started the movie.

*****

Friday morning, Brian got ready for work. When he emerged from the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around him, he found Alicia in the hall, looking him over.

"Oh, sorry. I never needed a robe," he blushed.

"Don't be," Alicia smirked, getting her first good look at her brother's fit body.

As he headed out the door, Brian reminded her she was stuck at home for the day. "There are no bus routes nearby, sorry. Gotta go. Oh, you can use that computer in the corner," he added, giving Alicia a peck on the cheek.

It was a little peck that pleased her very much.

Alicia spent the day surfing the web and checking out the local college. And starting the process to apply.

That evening, Brian arrived home. As he headed to his room to change, he advised her, "You're on your own for dinner. Anything in the fridge is yours... Except the beer. Oh, Stacy is picking me up at six. I wanted her to meet you."

Suddenly, Alicia felt underdressed for the moment. Shorts and a T-shirt would not do, and headed to her room to change.

Brian emerged from his room to find Alicia gone. He turned to his computer, biding his time by catching up on messages.

"Is she here yet?" Brian heard from behind him.

"Not yet," he replied casually, turning to her. "Wow! Dressed up for her?"

"Just jeans and a blouse. I didn't want her to think your sister is a slob."

Brian took a long look at the tight jeans and top that showed off her slim figure at its best. "And the makeup?"

"Well..." she replied, sheepishly.

The knock at the door told of Stacy's arrival.

"Oh, you must be Alicia."

"Call me Ali," Alicia replied, as she looked Stacy over. 'Blonde and pretty. Just the type he deserves,' she thought to herself.

Stacy sized up Alicia as well. A type she might have been jealous of, if she wasn't his sister.

"Well, gotta go," Brian piped in, as he showed Stacy the door.

"Next time," Alicia smiled at her.

Stacy returned a nervous smile.

With them gone, Alicia changed back to sweatpants and T-shirt then headed to the fridge and found some leftovers. She plopped in front of the TV and started looking for a movie. She had gotten into the habit when her mom wasn't around to find movies with good sex scenes. Here, she hoped, would be more opportunities.

She found one she expected to be good and skimmed through to the first love scene. As the lovers became entangled on screen, Alicia's fingers slipped under her waistband and found her moistening slit. She fingered herself as the man made love to the woman.

She imagined herself in the woman's role, clearly being fucked in the darkness. Alicia was working her clit hard when the scene ended and quickly rewound it. In a minute, her orgasm hit, spasming to the pleasure of her own fingers.

She considered another round, but decided to watch the movie and see what the plot was. Next came another movie, a comedy this time. It was almost to the end when she heard the door open.

"Hi!" Brian greeted her.

Alicia realized her sweats were a bit askew and rearranged herself. "I wasn't expecting you back."

"Neither was I," he chuckled.

"So?"

"Well, if you want to know, she wanted to end the relationship. Ha! She at least got one last dinner out of me."

"What? How could she!"

"Ali, it wasn't a serious relationship. I think she just wanted to move on."

She could see in his face the words didn't match his feelings. "I'm sorry, Brian. I hope having me around wasn't the cause."

"Ali! Don't be silly. No. In hindsight, I could see this coming."

She hugged him, doing her best to comfort him. In her mind, any woman that would dump her brother had to be a bitch.

"In any case, this works out well." Brian started, "I planned to take you shopping tomorrow."

Alicia looked surprised and pleased.

"Look. That suitcase couldn't have enough things for a woman. Admit it, you need new things."

She attempted to argue, but the truth was, she was raring to shop.

"Well, I'm turning in. 'night. Don't stay up too late," he told her, giving her a peck on the top of her head.

It was little gestures like that that got to Alicia. Growing up with little love, it was the kind of thing she craved.

*****

Saturday morning, Brian headed to the kitchen. He could smell the coffee before he got there.

"Morning!" Alicia beamed. "Coffee is ready. Like pancakes? Almost ready."

Brian was beginning to like the idea of having a woman in the house. "I hope you're not buttering me up for this shopping trip."

As he sat at the table with his coffee, Alicia came up behind and hugged him. "I won't look a gift horse in the mouth."

As they ate, Brian updated her. "I put you on my health insurance. Oh, here's my doctor's card. When was the last time you've seen a doctor?"

Alicia looked at the card, "Margaret? You got a woman doctor?" she snickered.

"Yeah. And?"

"Nothing."

"And I've decided. Sunday we're shopping for a car. You need wheels."

"Brian! Okay, thanks for the clothes. But that's too much."

"Ali, how many birthdays did I miss? Let me make it up to you. Think of it as years of deferred birthday presents. Look, I make good money. A degree in electrical engineering paid off. I can afford to buy my kid sister stuff."

A tear welled in her eye. All this caring was such a change in her life.

"Besides, you ain't getting a sports car. Something economical... And used."

"I picked the right brother!"

"Yeah, like you had options," he quipped.

"When do we go shopping?"

"When I finish my coffee and breakfast."

He drove them to an upscale mall where the name stores were to be found.

"Brian! I thought you were taking me to Walmart or something."

"You take me for a cheapskate? No."

Inside, he set the rules, "I have no interest in watching you shop. Here's my credit card. I'm going to trust you to use your judgement."

The excitement on Alicia's face was reward enough for him. Store after store, she came out and handed Brian the bags. He realized he became her pack mule. At a lingerie shop she begged him to come in, but he was steadfast. As he sat, looking at the outfits in the window, the image of her in one flashed in his mind.

She finally emerged with a small bag, "I always wanted a negligee to sleep in, a chemise. So sexy."

It was the very image he was fighting to get out of his mind for the last fifteen minutes.

With casual clothes, shoes, makeup, and a negligee, the next stop was for dresses. As he sat outside, checking his phone, a shop clerk came out.

"Are you Brian? Alicia wants your opinion."

He knew he couldn't avoid it this time. Inside, he saw her and stopped in his tracks.

"What do you think? Will guys like it?"

It was a short, tight halter dress that showed her form and legs to perfection.

"Like it? You'll be beating them off with a stick."

Alicia liked the answer. And the unabashed stare he gave her.

"I'll change. Here's your card. Could you pay?" she asked, before running off.

"Said her big brother was taking her on a shopping spree," the clerk piped in. "Lucky girl to have a brother like that."

Brian smiled and blushed. He looked the clerk over and found her very pretty. Then noticed the engagement ring, bringing him back to Earth. Two dresses were rung up, and Alicia arrived, handing the dress over to be wrapped, then helped Brian carry away the day's sizeable haul.

They ate a late lunch at the mall before heading home, where Alicia brought her things in, giddy like a child. The look of joy on her face was satisfaction enough for Brian. A small effort to make amends for not being there for her.

After emerging from her room and reviewing her new wardrobe, Alicia offered, then insisted she make dinner. It was a simple pasta dish and Brian opened a bottle of Chardonnay.

"One glass!" he warned.

He could see she needed to up her skills and suggested she look over his cookbooks and she took the hint. And he could see she took a liking to white wine.

With dinner over, Brian announced there was a game he wanted to watch and headed to the living room. Alicia finished tidying the kitchen and let him settle in. She recalled that first night when she snuggled up to him. She liked it... a lot. And wondered if it was more than sibling feelings. But that thought passed quickly, she just wanted to curl up next to him.

"Can I join you?" she asked.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, shifting over.

"Don't move on my account," she exclaimed, as she curled up next to him. "I hope you don't mind. I haven't had a lot of human contact lately."

She rested her head on his shoulder and Brian was not going to refuse her. Besides, he liked it, too, he admitted to himself.

"Boyfriends? No contact there?" he asked, casually.

"Well, yeah. But it's not the same, you know?"

He said nothing. But he did wonder about the extent of his little sister's experience with men.

As the game wrapped up, he broached the subject, "Ali, listen. Uh, sooner or later there will be some guy. I mean, I'm not your parent and you're an adult. But... well, let's discuss it when the time comes."

"Brian! I just got here. I don't think I'll be bringing guys home anytime soon."

"Okay," he replied, giving her a kiss on the head. "I'm going to bed. Chores to do before we go car shopping tomorrow."

She watched him walk to his room, filled with emotion about how lucky she was to have him in her life.

Alicia turned in soon after, taking her turn in the shared bathroom. Then, in her room, she looked at the chemise she bought that day and put it on. With the feeling of the silk on her skin, she thought about a man lying with her, a man not unlike her brother. Her fingers were soon between her legs frigging her clit. When the climax came, she bit her pillow, muffling her cries of ecstasy.

*****

Sunday, Alicia got up, hoping to make her brother breakfast again. But she found him in the kitchen, drinking coffee, bacon sizzling.

"Omelet?" he asked. "Gotta mow the lawn before it gets out of control. Then we'll go car shopping."

As they ate, they looked online for cars at local dealers. And a preferred color.

With breakfast over, Brian stripped off his T-shirt and headed out to do yard work. While he pushed the mower up and down the lawn, Alicia watched him from a window. She was feeling confused. She was becoming attracted to him physically. That and his clear sibling love for her was creating conflicts in her head.

When Brian came in to shower and change, Alicia slipped into her room and waited. She knew he'd emerge in nothing but a towel, and enjoyed getting a look at him like that. When she heard the bathroom door open, she went into the hallway.

"Oh! I better get that robe," he blushed.

"Not on my account, I hope," she teased. She gave the towel a good look and was tempted to give it a tug. "I like knowing my brother is good looking." She laughed before walking away.

Brian didn't know how to react. But as he watched her lovely form walk away, he felt the same way.

They spent the day looking at cars, finally settling on a little compact. It was enough to get her around town. But to Alicia, it was another mark of her freedom. And another sign of her brother's love.

As it was getting late, Brian suggested she drive her new car home and he'd pick up a pizza.

"Pizza is the way to a girl's heart," she teased, before driving away.

That line didn't help Brian's own conflicting feelings.

Back home, he pulled out an ale and Alicia asked to try one again. She was determined to like it and having the pizza to wash it down with, helped.

"Now, two things," Brian started. "You need spending money. You need gas money, at least. So, let's work out an amount. Second, I said when you arrived you needed a plan."

"Both!" she replied. "I'm applying to the college tomorrow. Then I'll look for a job. At least something until the semester starts."

When dinner was over, Alicia put her arms around him. "Brian, I don't know how to thank you. This is all more than I deserve."

"Stop it! Who better to spend my money on than my little sister. And you do deserve it."

"Brian... I love you."

"I know. I love you, too," he added, with a peck on her head.

"Is there a ball game on?"

"Yeah, probably in the fifth inning by now."

Alicia didn't really care about the game. It was an excuse to curl up beside him again.

*****

To her word, Alicia signed up for classes the next day. Then came the job search. By the end of the week, she had landed a job as a cashier at a chocolate shop. The key for her was to have her weekends free. She wanted as much time with Brian as she could.

Brian had to work late a few nights that week. But Friday night, they were in front of the TV in their usual places. He enjoyed having her close as much as she liked it. Yet, he worried he was liking it for the wrong reasons.

Saturday was glorious weather. As Brian caught up on yard work, Alicia decided on a mischievous plan. She put on the bikini she had bought the week before, then headed to the lounge chair.

Brian stopped his work and stared.

"Thought I'd start on my tan," she said innocently. "Like it?" she asked, taking a twirl.

Zootonius
Zootonius
858 Followers