All Comments on 'Burning Down the House'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 312 Comments (Page 4)
dgfergiedgfergie4 months ago

Second read of a nice LW story with a romantic ending. Seems that matian slut is still wandering around so watch out, make sure your wife knows you love her, buy her some flowers take her out to dinner and treat her right. Happy wife happy life! still 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story

jflindersjflinders4 months ago

It seemed clear to me that everyone reading this would agree that there was no reason for the main character to reconcile with Dana and that the ending was well chosen, but thankfully we have the comments section for a reminder that no matter how obvious something is, there is somebody out there that will disagree. 5 stars.

MarmadukephuknukleMarmadukephuknukle3 months ago

Good things come to good people, in the right stories. BRAVO!!!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

There just aren't enough stories like this on the site.

PikaGelionPikaGelion3 months ago

I believe the proper response should be: "YEET!"

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Fun story. I can't buy that he would jump into a marriage after such a betrayal by his ex. He was so clueless to first wife's actions so maybe it's fitting.

eimages911eimages9112 months ago

Loved the story but how the hell did he get to keep his boat after a brutal divorce?

OOAAOOAAabout 2 months ago

Great story!!! Well done!!!

JustplainjeffJustplainjeffabout 2 months ago

Not the first time reading this gem, but it just keeps getting better.

Harvey8910Harvey8910about 2 months ago

This is a beautiful love story. Oliver and Julie seemed to be made for each other. This illustrates the fact that love can find you in the most unlikely of places. Rachael was foolish in casting off her husband for a player who dumped her and moved off to his next conquest. She was left with a broken marriage and alone but frustrated at the mess she made of her life. Oliver moved on and was blessed with a wonderful woman named Julie. Life goes on. You make decisions in life and if bad, you have to live with them, and if good, you get to enjoy them. I really enjoyed the story and give it five stars. Great job!!!

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

This is a great story, but honestly the characters of Tobi and Sabs make it work. The ex-wife is exactly what you would expect in a BTB, a narcissist with the self-reflective properties of a lump of gypsum, and the protagonist is a good enough guy in a cardboard cutout that we can all project ourselves onto him. I like how this frames divorce as an "oh no! anyway" because I think this is more realistic than a thousand aggravated felonies, fire, torture, and dismemberment like some of these stories get into. It's also good to have less dialogue of berating the wife. Nope, she just failed, and he moved on. In reality, the narcissist always finds another victim quickly and they never apologize.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...