All Comments on 'Burning Down the House'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 312 Comments
OmniferisOmniferisover 4 years ago
pretty good

Nice story but the ending just feels like it dropped off. Is there going to be a part 2? Because it sorta feels like it has a second part coming.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Outstanding

This is the type of story that got me reading LW. Perfect in every way. An entitled, dumb, cheating wife, with a lover I knew was an idiot as soon as the belt buckle was described. A husband with balls and an attitude, and the thirty five year old teenage daughter. We get the burn the bitch gentle though it is and her punishment is living with all she's lost. I even like the old style Disney ending. Exactly what I was looking for and never get enough off. Outstanding story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic

Yet again to me you are a great writer don’t stop please enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you, Randi.

You wrote a great story, and you give so much to this site. Bringing Todd172 back and that great new writer, as well as all the other good stories is a breath of fresh air in the LW swamp.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyable..

...read. 5 stars, thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyed this one a lot!

I love a BtB when it turns into a romance. Great story with a happy ending. Thanks for the time and effort this required. If you write it, I'll read it.

AMerryman 2.0

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

This story was like a breath of fresh air! I liked his zero forgiveness attitude to his unfaithful wife and the supporting cast were all very likeable.

I would have liked to know how it played out for them in an epilogue, but I can definitely see Jules and Ollie having a couple more kids together. Their daughters would be delighted at their matchmaking and that they get to be sisters. Finally, Rachel probably never got over losing the family she tossed aside... seeing Oliver and Tobi create a new family without her would be devastating. I see lots of cats in her future!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Like!! Very much.

Most enjoyed story I have read here in quite a while. Thank You!

Lost BoyLost Boyover 4 years ago
Amazing!!

I loved it from beginning to end. Keep up the great work!!

dommasterjimdommasterjimover 4 years ago
EXCELLENT STORY..!!

I must admit... I Certainly appreciated reading your story for several reasons... First, it was carefully planned, written,and edited, with no obvious typos, grammatical errors or anything to break the smooth flow... Second, it was SOoo descriptive, realistic, and believable, unlike far too many with 14 inch, ...well, you know what I mean.... And Thirdly, in spite of what most of the stories in here represent, your was Wholesome, uplifting, and family-oriented....

It was my first time, at least that I can recall, reading any of your works. I found it not only erotic and stimulating but left me wanting either another chapter, or to peruse your library and find more to enjoy.

THANK YOU, Keep up the great writing, and I hope to post more positive coments on your works soon..!!

JIM

LBLR15LBLR15over 4 years ago
Refreshing story

I really enjoyed this story. I enjoyed the fact we got to see Oliver move through all the emotional response with out going into agonizing detail and giving the betrayal and divorce all the attention. Watching Oliver we see a good man who stands up for himself with out becoming an asshole and becoming less of who he is. Well done Randi

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 4 years ago
The best revenge...

... is living well. Once again, well done Randi, thanks for the tale.

The only thing I would have liked more, was the denuement when Rachael finds out about the upcoming nuptuals.

5/5

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Heh! Yeet, indeed!

Another fantastic story that drags romance out of the slavering maw of infidelity!

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
Abrupt end.

Seemed to just stop. Did not have sufficient feeling of inevitability to balance the loose ends. In other words, the end was anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
nice and romantic

More of a fairy tale than a burn the house down. In a matter of months he finds the perfect woman. How often in real life does that happen? I still scored high but would have rather seen him take a few years before he found the perfect mate. Maybe his daughter finds Sab in college and in those years his ex lives alone in a trailer and has to wait tables getting hit on by sleaze bags and her only dates want nothing but a piece of ass. Maybe she connects with a verbally abusive scum bag (not physical) and every day she is reminded of what she gave up. As for the asswhipe Jerry would be cool if he got picked up trying to get underage girls (no, he doesn't actually molest them) and he gets his punishment in prison as a child sex offender.

Rob5373Rob5373over 4 years ago
Good story

For us that love betrayal, heartache, and love stories. I give it a 5.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Another blackrandl classic

Thanks for another classic story and an even better Lit event!

JBEdwardsJBEdwardsover 4 years ago
Excellent story but bad premise

So you don't like cuckold stories? You just like women who cheat and men who "act like men" and are unforgiving, nasty, and vicious? After more than 15 years of marriage, filled with love according to Oliver's narration, it turns on a dime upon the discovery of one brief affair? Macho man could have been a little more understanding and even tried a tiny bit at the counseling. Life and especially love is not all black and white. You wrote a fine story, but your supercilious attitude towards cuckold stories, in favor of misogynist wronged husbands, I find annoying. How about a story about a husband who cheats and a wife who is wronged, all macho, unforgiving, and nasty? Does that even happen in the Literotica universe? It surely does in the world I live in. 5* anyway, just for the quality writing, but frankly, your attitude disappoints me. -- JB Edwards

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
"Their punishment was being who they were."

That's the truth! People like them make their own hell.

Great story and I do love a happy ending! 5*****

travaynetravayneover 4 years ago
A worthy addition

Thank you for keeping the tradition of good story telling, excellent characterization, and positive outcomes alive in "Loving Wives".

xtchrxtchrover 4 years ago
I have to Disagree!

I have to disagree with the previous comment (JB Edwards). I don't think this guy did anything wrong. he caught his wife cheating and didn't do anything to her (burn her, etc). He confronted her and she first tried to lie and make her husband appear to be a liar. Then she said she wanted a divorce to be with her 'soul-mate'. (She was upset because SHE wasn't ready for a divorce.) He didn't burn her or her 'soul-mate', he just attempted to give her what she wanted. Is it his fault that her 'soul-mate' dumped her and she had a change of heart and wanted him back? He didn't lie on her Facebook page, he just wanted everybody to know the truth.

Thanks for a good, true life story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Classic Randi

Wonderfully developed and likable characters with principles, a great story to tell, detailed things that immerse you in the story and a sweet and sexy romance. Just the way I like it. Never stop doing what you do.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Liked it

The wife intended to leave and marry her lover so it was not a brief affair. If they had reconciled it would have been on her terms and he would just be waiting on the next love of her life to come along before she left again so reconciliation would not have been appropriate in this case. I also liked the quick confrontation rather than the waiting months with spy devices and private investigators or navy seal tactics. I gave 5 stars for a well written and well thought through story.

21stcv21stcvover 4 years ago
Excellent story

Thank you once again for an excellent story

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
Abrupt end

Seemed to just stop. Did not have sufficient feeling of inevitability to balance the loose ends. In other words, the end was anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great premise, JBEdwards

You should quit complaining and write it, if you want it that way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Just as good as when I first read.

I don't see those who feel the ending dropped off. What more were you looking for? The wedding day, honeymoon and 50th anniversary?

Did anyone catch the sarcasm of the "giant dong" remark?

@JBEdwards - You're certainly entitled to your opinion that he could/should have been forgiving, but it's his life, not yours. Feel free to forgive YOUR wife should this happen to you! Meanwhile, she couldn't even be bothered to LIE and say that she was sorry, and what did he do that was misogynist?

The_NexusThe_Nexusover 4 years ago
Good until......

It was a really good story until the not talked about friend shows up with the perfect mom. Lost interest after that. Just being honest.

ohioohioover 4 years ago
Warm and wonderful story

Randi's stories are always full of warmth and feeling, and I enjoyed this one very much. Just one element struck me as unrealistic: he and Julie are making love for the very first time, and he asks her how many men she's slept with? I mean, WTF--bad timing much?

More generally, here is a woman in her mid-late 30s who is beautiful and successful, and it's sort of implied she's basically been alone for 15 years raising her daughter. Seems a little hard to believe.

Still--nothing takes away from the pleasure and enjoyment of Randi's words. Thanks so much for this one!

ohio

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
Thank God...

I love finding this event here... It saves me from having to trawl through the back-catalogue of old LW stories to find ones that don't curdle my stomach.

It's like a breath of fresh air.

As for The commentator JB Edwards, at least he rated it correctly... 5 stars, but brother, you are batshit crazy. How is Oliver a 'Macho Man'?

He was a loving husband, and IS a loving father. He's also not a misogynistic asshole. He welcomed Toni's friend into his life with no ulterior motives, and openly shared his time and friendship. He even said that he loved her... not with a shred of indecency, not a single inappropriate thought. He just opened up his heart and life to a good person, and through her, found another person that matched his soul, his needs and his love.

His only sin here, is that he didn't compromise on his feelings, ideals and morals once faced with a situation that he could not accept; not of his making, either.

This category of Literotica is called 'Loving Wives'. It's probably going to focus on the actions and/or misdeeds of women.

As mentioned, this is a mini-event that is focused on creating a set of "classic LW" type stories.

There are thousands of stories here of every kind. Many even actually 'Burn The Bastard'. It just so happens that part of this particular cultural melting pot include people who's character profile does not like cheats, and like me, will never accept them. It's how we FEEL. When you try to tell people how they feel, you are creating the basis of a socialist state.

If you want to flip the status quo, write one how you want. Maybe even petition for another category of Literotica that fits the bill.

Otherwise, back off on Randi. She's a hero to me. Not only is she gorgeous and talented, she stands by her ethics. Her partner is as lucky as anyone on Earth... He has someone who he knows has his back, and if he's no fool, he lives by the same code. They will, together, share a life of happiness, integrity and honour. A life they deserve.

LT_BookwormLT_Bookwormover 4 years ago
@JB_Edwards

While I agree with your statement about the quality of the work, I disagree about your thoughts on the theme. I am sure there are plenty of wronged-wife themed stories on the site in various places. The category name "Loving Wives" brings a certain notion that it is not the main guy in the story who is the active participant in the sex, it is the main woman in the story. That said, this is a "Burn-the-Bitch" story. These types of stories are not supposed to be about understanding and forgiveness. They are about revenge and/or vengeance. They aren't supposed to be nice to the woman.

IRL, women are generally given more benefit of the doubt when it comes to the "who done wrong" conversation. I see this type of story as a way for the male perspective to be given an outlet for the outrage some may feel in this double standard. Although I am a woman I have to say that sometimes, the bitch should get every bit of hate and bad karma that floats her way. The good guy needs to win more often. It's the bitches who make it hard for the good women to find the good man who isn't cynical or jaded already.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good one 5*s

Don’t listen to JBEdwards or any other blue pill who believes there is a point to forgiving a cheater. I tried it a couple times before I redpilled and it doesn’t work and in this case she wasn’t even sorry. In our current legal system this outcome is almost a dream as most courts would still have given the Cant understand normal Thinker custody and then found a way to blame the father when the new stepdad raped the daughter but it was a good story with (considering the situation described) the best possible outcome for all involved. The cheater being the exception to that I guess but those of us who chose to avoid jail and thus like to at least read about the vengeance we didn’t enact for ourselves can at least enjoy that she wasn’t given a happy ending as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think you missed

JB Edwards I think you missed the whole section where the poor misunderstood wife clearly stated that she had found her soul-mate in her co worker. Then after said co-worker moved on then she realized she made a mistake. I can see where you're coming from though who wouldn't want to be the second choice of a woman that was supposedly your life partner. I agree he had no call to be angry or lash out at her. She obviously felt she did nothing wrong why should he

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 4 years ago
@JBEdwards

I read your delightful critique of this story. I love good satire. This comment is satire, right? I mean it has to be.

You mention "a brief affair" We don't know if it's brief or not. We just know she cheats, lies to her daughter and spouse, plus wants a divorce to marry her soul mate. Counseling? She had no interest in counseling until her soul mate dumped her. Oliver is the second choice. He refuses that role. Someone who doesn't like cuck stories is not showing a supercilious attitude, they are simply demonstrating their likes and dislikes in reading matter. Some of us enjoy cuckold stories, some don't. I like well written stories with characters that are consistent in their actions whether it's living happily in cuck angst, forgiving and trusting a wayward spouse that regrets his/her mistakes, or where it's burn the bitch or bastard spouse down. Misogynist? He hates cheating and refuses to live with it. The other female characters in the story are treated with love and respect. I can find no misogyny here.

An excellently planned and written story. Thanks.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Rant

Okay, the dweebs found stuff in the story that they didn't like Some were maybe true. But, I want you to know that I HATE YOU! :) You write well, and, yeah, the old "found love in the arms of my kids parent thing is a little over used, but "I HATE YOU" because I still like it! Well Done. Now a pox on your house! :)

Seriously, well done. I have know a woman like Rachael myself, and the old "woman/child" thing isa bit harrowing. So, I can relate to the guys position.

I do think that you made the daughter just a little too "adult" is speech and mannerisms at time, though, but that is just my opinion and who cares about my opinion?

Thanks for a great read!

Very Best Regards,

C

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Really JB

She had just one little affair? She told him she had fallen in love with another man and planned to divorce him and take his daughter. She wasn't ready yet, so she.planned to.keep cheating and lying until she was. Her plans with the lover didn't work out so now she wants him back. Counseling ain't going to repair this betrayal. It's all on her, he just wouldn't take it and came back hard. Would you have preferred that he be one of your willing cucks and taken her back, until the next Jerry came along?

amyyumamyyumover 4 years ago
Oh Randi, iyou randi little devil

A great story, as per usual. Loved every part of it! 5*

Hugs and Kisses, Amy

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years agoAuthor
Thanks to all the kind readers.

My gratitude for reading and making all the nice comments. Thank you very much.

@JBEdwards. Seems a bit odd for a man who writes mostly rape stories to be speaking of "vicious, nasty and misogynistic," don't you think? Your "disappointment" in my attitude about cuckolding stories cannot compare with my loathing for your rapey shit. For reading, my thanks; for being a rapey mofo, my contempt. Suck my dick.

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Another Great One!

I love my BTB with a little romance on the side! A second part that details the living hell the ex-wife’s has become and her requisite suffering attending the wedding of the happy couple. Nothing says FU like making the ex-wife unhappy by living a happy life.

john1946john1946over 4 years ago
Another great one

Thanks for another wonderful story. It's clean and simple and works. Looking for more.

AethurAethurover 4 years ago
Sigh

Yeet? Really? I know you like sneaking in that word, but it will never die as long as people keep using it.

Thanks for the story. Enjoyed it, yeet and all.

jneric2691jneric2691over 4 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoyed the story. It's been too long without a story from you.

I always enjoy your stories.

Thank You!

pirate977pirate977over 4 years ago
Five Star

Tags for this story is missing Yet🤗

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tobi was correct

She had her mother's personality nailed down perfectly, said she was 'like an impulsive child'.

You would expect his ex to grow even a little, but it never happened. I think that's because, in her child like mind, admitting you were wrong is defeat. Like how a small child will lie about 'never even touched those cookies'. And of course the kid's mouth is covered in chocolate. That's his ex. She's not dumb, and not even really evil. She did evil things, and she can't hide behind the child excuse as an adult.

But I really do believe she has the impulsivity and morality of a small child. In eyes saying sorry even once will put her on the losing side. Ironically, showing true remorse and admitting everything outright was her golden ticket back into the good graces of at least her daughter, and maybe her now ex husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice

Enjoyed the story. A clear set of values and a direct response. That together with a satisfying conclusion.

Strike one against the cuck/gay stuff in the LW category. Perhaps Literotica can create a category Cuck Stories?

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 4 years ago
Well done!

I do like a good "best revenge is living well" story. (Hey, look, it's even in the tags!) It's well written and well paced, with likeable characters, and some deft humor, as we've come to expect from this author. I must say my favorite part was where Oliver gives Julie props for succeeding at single motherhood for 16 years. That is beyond hard; I'm glad he recognizes it.

I actually know more than one 11 year old who would speak and think very much like Tobi. They're girls, of course.

Thanks for writing and posting this. Very well done, my friend.

GA

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

This was a very well written story with believable characters in a believable scenario. While I don’t mind the stories about the nerd that suddenly develops high tech Ninja Seal Team skills after Martha Sue gets some strange, I can’t stand a steady diet of that kind of story. This one just seems to push all the right buttons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Yep, a 5

You took a shop-worn LW plot and wrote so well that I have to say I wish I could give you a kiss and a hug for being so talented. Bravo!

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 4 years ago
That's Life!!!

The one thing I hate about a well written story is the fact that it has to come to an end...

Thank you, so much!!!

StormKing33StormKing33over 4 years ago
5* Intense Enjoyable Balanced

I enjoyed the story. Hubby got his revenge without Rambo. He even ended up ahead in the game of life. Wife's love still needs a beat down in the future though. JBEddie is irrational. Sadly, I know a few wives who act like they are 13. No husband would be a cuck and still call themselves a real man.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
I must just be old since it took me a few minutes to figure out what

"Snap" was. At least I think I know what it is, Snapchat. Personally, I am glad I don't really do Social Media other than a few Facebook posts a month. My wife and kids do enough for all of us combined lol.

Good story, typical Blackrand output.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I can't give you a high five..

So I'll have to make do with one of these instead.

*****

Nice work.

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
As per usual

5. I like happy ending stories. Your talent is appreciated here.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 4 years ago
Yes!

A home run....

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoesover 4 years ago
"Obviously, the guy had a giant dong."

There it is, right at the beginning of the story, Oliver's prime characteristic - judgmental (or "judgemental" for those of you that prefer that spelling). Too judgmental for me. One of those people that never make mistakes. Everyone except him has faults and makes mistakes. No compassion for others. Never asks for forgiveness because he never makes a mistake and never forgives anyone else because they aren't like him - they're not perfect. I feel sorry for Tobi and Julie. Heaven forbid either of them should ever make a mistake. Beware, ladies. You're not allowed to be human. You have to be a perfect god like Oliver. Rachael made a mistake and had no chance of being forgiven by Oliver. Thank goodness God is not like Oliver. God is loving and forgiving. Were it not so, there would be no need for a heaven, just condemnation and damnation compliments of Oliver.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Beautiful

A whole lot less about BtB and more about getting on with your life.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
The Queen is back within her realm

Wonderful ... of course. I expect nothing less from you.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Superb as always...

Wonderful story and as always beautifully written by a great story teller. Also thought randi 's reply to JB was excellent☺. Thank you 5*

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
enjoyed it

im glad i read ur's first, im thinking ur's is going to be a bit more tame than the others lol. the dialog seemed a bit off in some places, and felt a bit rushed, but all in all i did enjoy it and thats why i come here so ty for the read

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
oh forgot

i never been married so not the best judge in that area, but isnt mental illness a type of sicknes, in the sickness and health vow? or does it mean just physical health? yes i do believe that cheating would be a deal breaker to me anyway, either way. it just a lot of these stories seem to have the cheater being mentally ill in some way as an explanation of why the person cheated. just seem an act of contradiction, but i guess thats just being human idk sorry for the rant lol but it does apply here rach was defiantly mentally ill

jesemmojesemmoover 4 years ago
Another Gem!!

I was getting concerned that you had stopped writing and was thrilled to find that you haven't stopped and continue to write another suburb story. Like all of your stories I don't want them to end and this one is one that I wish wouldn't end. They seem to be true soul mates and now their daughters will be sisters what a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
That was great

Just a plain old, "catch the bitch - ditch the bitch" loving wives story. A classic story that exemplifies what stories used to be like in the loving wives section before all the cucks and creepers came along. I would have liked to read a couple more details about the divorce - like the disposition of his house and their assets. Some more details about lover boys divorce. Basically just "filler" details because I didn't want the story to end. This was great! Thanks for the story and the event. As a wise commentator once said "More stories like this"!

5 stars

Just Plain BobJust Plain Bobover 4 years ago
Beautiful

Another winner from the brains of this outfit.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
Cute and well written

Given how selfish the ex is it is amazing the marriage lasted at all. The fact that she remains clueless is amazing,that after everything she still feels entitled,that she did nothing wrong. The one criticism I have is that I can't reconcile Rachael with her parents,I know good people can have shitty kids, but usually it means deep down they were terrible parents. They don't appear to be,one of them had to have spoiled her.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 4 years ago
Nice

I love happy endings. So thanks for one that was entirely satisfying. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Haha

Great story, but I wonder if they were naked when they snapped the girls.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
@ Blackrandi1958...

Your reply to JB Edwards made my fucking day.

Got a great laugh.

Just do me one favour, keep the stories rolling. It gives me something to read and like.

As for JBEdwards, high ratings in subject categories like incest/taboo, nonconsent, BDSM and mind control mean nothing to me, that's for sure.

Those themes attract a whole different kind of reader... altogether. While as fantasy stories I am sure they can, and do, get people worked up, there's really no way you can blame someone who just doesn't like the premise on which they are often built. You can dislike them because their ideals are a threat to your own, but you can't blame them if they are thinking within the boundaries of what they feel right and wrong, and choosing not to justify the wrong.

Each to their own... get your kicks where you want... but don't denigrate Randi's work when you obviously don't have the moral substance of a dime house madame. Especially when the criticisms were based on assumptions that were just blatantly unfounded.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Truck

How did he get that jacked up truck in a garage. My normal truck will NOT fit in most attached garages.At least check your facts first .I'm also tired of every story that always has a friends mom that's just waiting to have sex with the wronged husband.

You do write good just don't always follow the crowed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lemmings

This author has a very well-deserved reputation as being one of the greats on this site. I've read a few of her (I believe it's a her) stories, and they were great. And in the past I have gushed over her writings in my own commentary.

This story, though, is not. It's good, but not great. Almost every aspect of the story has been done a myriad times, with nothing new. It's well written, but as I've said it's a talented writer. However, that's about it. It's an otherwise ordinary LW story.

What is interesting, however, is the lemming effect. I'm sure many who read the story had the same thought. They thought it's an ordinary story, but it's a great author so they assumed that they must have missed something. But not enough have the courage to say it's a good effort, but nothing special. They assume that they must have been wrong when they read it and they thought it was just ordinary. So they gush in the comments about how great the story was. It's an interesting psychological response to how one perceives they should react to something.

Again, nothing to take away from this author. Even the best write ordinary stories now and again. What is interesting to me is the reaction of the comments.

Although, I will allow that maybe I was in a particular mood when I read the story, and maybe I'm the one that is wrong. But I don't think so.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110over 4 years ago
The best revenge is to live well.

'Nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

Another masterpiece.i too hate the cuckold/humiliation/ psycho stuff.i look forward to stories by y'all

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Well done!

First I'd like to thank for the event

"Burning down the house".

An excellent idea and so much fun

having all these great talents partake.

Kudos blackrandl1958,

you really are a gem!

Now to the story.

This is a well written story with a solid plot.

The characters so well explained,

that they almost come alive infront of you.

A classic LW story, with solid modern values.

Let me explain "modern".

The oldest stories here (and some not so old)

had the irritating habit of having the victim

almost rewarding the cheater, in their divorce.

Giving the slut more than her fair share in the split.

Maybe not a big thing, but why add injustice

to insult?

Thankfully today's stories steer away from that trend

and thus make the stories more just and (for me)

more realistic.

The only thing missing here, to make this story perfect,

is a story within the story.

You do know what I mean, don't you?

Do Todd172, qhml, Rehnquist, FrancisMacomber

and TCct ring any bells?

To me the masters of "the story within the story".

True, Todd172 and qhml are more about

the story within, but with talent like that,

it only makes LW catagorie stronger.

Great to have new stories from those guys here!

No offence HDK and the others,

I'm really looking forward to reading your stories too :).

I hope everybody reads this wonderful story from blackrandl.

It sure deserves it.

It may not be perfect, but it's so well over 4,

it gets top ratings from me.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Loved It

Thank you for writing and encouraging readable loving wives stories. These are great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good

not going to win any awards like most of your offerings, but I do enjoy a non wimpy cuckold story. The issue I have with a lot of your work is there is no buildup/backstory to the characters. They were married 18 years and suddenly the wife just goes off the rails? Neither the husband or the wife seem to show much in the way of emotion, something happens and its just on to the next

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
As others have said...

Very well written.... but c'mon. 18 years of marriage, she finds her "soul mate" and actually believes that he should be Ok with it and everybody will be great friends??? That character is just too stupid to be real. After 18 years I would guess that Oliver would known that she was a flake and probably wouldn't have been that surprised. It also probably means that Jerry wasn't the first "soul mate."

Ok, didn't mean to be that critical for a story that is very well written and all in all I did enjoy it. I just get a little irritated when the characters are so perfect. He was perfect, she was a perfect sociopath. Makes everything a little too easy.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@legsfeettoes

I assume that you didn't get the sarcasm, that guys with big trucks (or sports cars, or whatever) are probably compensating for TINY dicks, LOL!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 4 years ago
Love the Theme!

And I really liked this one,

merci beaucoup, Randl.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 4 years ago
Just perfect!

That's how it struck me, and I'm not about to inflate my ego by pretending to analyze your remarkable work.

Many (oh, so many) years ago, on a grammar school field trip to a dairy farm, I asked the farmer how he got the cream to sit up at the top of the milk bottle. He answered, "Oh, you just leave it alone and it rises to the top all by itself." I have been amused to see how you have done the same, in the few short years you've been posting stories here. Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us!

Hans

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 4 years ago
One thing I like about your stories, are the kids that set up their father after a betrayal

It's nice to read a story where the kids don't turn against the father. Having been in the position of being a father, that support means everything.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Norafares

Very well said in all your points. I hope you stay around LW for a long time.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Thanks for such a good read!

Always enjoy your creations! You inspire me to the point one day I would like to try my hand at writing. Perhaps the real world will stop getting in the way.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "what"

Snapchat.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 4 years ago
Okay

No cucks, no burning houses though, no revenge either. Just standard nice conventional cheating wife story.

Not sure about her bathers, what was, bleeding edge, or something edge I think. Was it a typo or some such?

Also not sure why physics was against him when water skiing. That did not compute at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice tale; well written

Having read some of the comments, I understand when people talk about it following a standard formula. Is it not the case that all cheating spouse stories, fiction or non-fiction, follow the same formula?

Where I struggle is with some people's perception of revenge or BTB. In this story, surely the revenge is not just divorcing the cheater but then dating another woman and enjoying his life whilst the cheater lives with her parents, having been dismissed by her employer, abandoned by her lover and, ostensibly, her daughter. Sounds to me like the cheater is getting slow-roasted.

Flar1958Flar1958over 4 years ago
4* for the story

Easyread BUT my teacher had had written "You failed the theme" The theme has to be Burning down the house I dont prefer BTB to extrem but in this theme you createt it has to be this. So the next time you set up a theme think of which one you want to write.

In meantime you are one of my favorite authors and i love to read more of you!👍✍

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very well written story with a happy ending

One problem for me is they were married 18 years ,how legal is it to tell you wife she has 3 days to leave your house. It seems a illegal act. You would need a court order settlement or agreement before anyone can be removed from your married home.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years agoAuthor
I got an anonymous email.

Since you did not leave your direction, I will answer here. You asked how difficult it would be to get JPB to write event stories. JPB is a friend, and he will write if I ask him, usually. This was a little quickie event, put together in a month. I didn't ask many people for stories, due to time constraints. I have a major event planned for December 2, and JPB has written two stories for that event. He has several others in the pipeline between now and then, so stick around. He's a great writer, and an even better guy. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think I’ve read this one before, or a good portion of it.

It’s hard to come up with new ideas in the LW genre, and this story recycled quite a few old ideas, most especially the undiscovered jewel of a woman who appears at just the right moment to replace a suddenly awful wife. Unexplained is the wife’s sudden change from faithful to unfaithful wife. What led to that? How did hubby not notice the change? Was he living with a sociopathic narcissist all those years, unaware? Or has she developed a mental illness? Also, I wonder how many husbands could watch their wife and her lover enter hubby’s own house and then wait patiently outside? I think most men would have followed them into the house post haste!

I’m disappointed that hubby so easily turned against wifey without wrestling with residual feelings of love. True, she had behaved dreadfully but to turn against her so suddenly and completely? How could she and he make such stark changes? Isn’t a wife and mother worth an effort to understand or even salvage before discarding?

Competently written but lacking completeness. Just a three from me.

ttom76ttom76over 4 years ago
5*, some great stuff!

My favorite line: "No, you aren't the boss of me."

Natural consequences burned down Rachael's house. I also loved your line: "In the heat of the moment, I wanted to punish both the cheaters, but I quickly got beyond that."

I did almost stop reading when the MC follows his wife and lover to his house, and then he sits outside for 2 hours!?

I understand why he changed their family facebook page, knowing that all and sundry will know in a few moments. I was baffled why he thought his wife's parents wouldn't find out that way.

Something that appears often in these LW tales but is contrary to law (besides lawsuits for a company 'failing' to enforce moral turpitude clauses);

It's about kicking his spouse out:

If a couple occupies a dwelling during their marriage, it is the marital or family home. Neither spouse can evict the other from the marital home on his own. However, either spouse can ask the court to order the other spouse to move out if he can make an appropriate showing.

Another cite:

Can You Lock Your Spouse Out of the House?

As a general rule, the answer is "no": Unless you have a court order excluding your spouse from the home, although you can change the locks on the marital home, you cannot prevent your ex- from returning to the home, even if that means breaking into the home, or even changing the locks again to lock you out.

Judges hearing divorce cases are often sympathetic to a spouse who is locked out of the marital home, even if that spouse abandoned the home before trying to move back in.

Overall, a fun story.

Thanks!

maninconnmaninconnover 4 years ago
Mm hm!

Randi can write, oh yeah.

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyover 4 years ago
Satisfying and well-balanced

Starts off with a satisfying confrontation with Rachael, who loses her marriage and her home. But perhaps the steepest price she pays is losing not only primary custody of her daughter, but also her daughter's respect. Then we transition into a sweet and equally satisfying tale of new beginnings. Tobi and Sab's excitement adds a nice dynamic to their parents' courtship and helps it feel "lived in". Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Still the most dynamic person on the site.

You make more good things happen than anyone else. This was a great little story. It wasn't complicated, just fun and sexy. Keep up the good work, lady. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyable

That's what you do best. Always a five star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No, wait!

You can’t stop writing now. We’re too spoiled and we want more, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You Made Me

You made me cry, laugh, and read it all in one sitting. You are an Excellent Writer.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 4 years ago
another fantastic story of yours!

just love your work... please write more and getting the special programs done as well. thank you!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
NOT FINISHED

Finish this story please, it's really good but needs more.

NicealloverNicealloverover 4 years ago
Loved it really but cold have been much better

I know living a good life is the best revenge for a selfish cheating wife. But this awesome story had the potential for greatness had the author developed the ex wife’s character and shown evolution from a selfish beast to remorse. Her sorrow and regret would have given a balance to the story that I craved. This could have been developed through interaction with the daughter who could have tried to comfort her mother and try to help her mother grieve over the loss of what she had.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story caught cheaters and went on to better life

Enjoyed reading

No harsh punishment more romance

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories