Busted by Technology

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don says no deal, but he says you can start doing some work from home until you can come to the office. He'd expect weekly video meetings with your team and with him," Janna read to me.

"What?" I chuckled. Don was a dean. He would've had plenty of connections but not hiring power.

"Your former job, director of communications. He's been unhappy with Geoff."

"Geoff Richards? They replaced me with him?" Geoff worked under me and was the type that acted like he knew everything but didn't.

"Yeah, since it's an out of scope position, he doesn't see any problems convincing the board of governors to fire Geoff immediately and take you back. They've gone along with most of his ideas since he became president."

I blinked. "Wait, Don is now the president of the college?"

Janna nodded. "Going on a year - I thought you knew. Do you want to think about it, or should I tell Collette you'll take the job?"

"Can you give me his number? I don't think I have it on my new phone. I think I'd like to talk about it with him first."

Janna looked disappointed, but nodded. She grabbed the pen and note pad from the desk and wrote down a number.

"Janna, wait," I said as it looked like she was just going to leave.

She stood with her hand on the doorknob but looked back at me.

"Thank you. And if you have time off this summer, you don't need to hide from me. This is going to be really hard on the kids, finding out about Mom, and I'm sure the more time you can spend with her and the kids, the better." I took a breath. "And, I could use your support too. I'm really having a hard time accepting I'm losing her."

"Would you like me to stay the night?" Janna said softly "Aiden is spending time with Claire and her folks, and will be fine by himself overnight."

"It won't mean we're back together," I said, feeling bad because I knew that would probably hurt her.

"I know, but I would want to fuck you again, and fall asleep cuddling naked after." Janna took her hand off the door and turned to face me.

"We probably shouldn't, but I'd want that too."

Janna set her purse down on the floor. "You know, I forgot how good your cock tastes. I've been thinking about it all day. I was so horny this morning, it took all my self-control to not rip your jeans open and suck on it again, especially when I noticed you getting hard while we discussed my boob job. I masturbated until I came several times after you left."

"And your pussy tastes as good as ever. I love how you have a bit of a bush now..."

"Oh shit." Janna made a face as she lifted up her dress to reveal she wasn't wearing any panties, and had shaved to just a thin strip of hair.

She shrugged and said, "When Eva texted me that you weren't going water sliding, I came here with every intention of trying to seduce you. I miss fucking you as much as I miss being married to you - maybe more. On the way, I stopped to watch Eva in the pool with your dad, and that's when Mary told me about you losing your job, and I..."

I shut her up by grabbing her and kissing her hard. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and kissed me back. My hands reached under the back of her dress and cupped her taunt bare ass with both hands. She responded by lifting a leg to move closer to me and allow my fingers to touch her already wet pussy from behind. She sighed against my mouth as I fingered her while we kissed.

I broke the kiss and Janna went right to my neck and my ear, kissing and nipping me.

"This is just sex, right?" I groaned, enjoying both what her mouth was doing and the feel of her body.

"No more foreplay," Janna hissed, "I want us both completely naked and fucking."

That's exactly what we did. It wasn't fancy, going from missionary to cowgirl, where I came first, and she came shortly after by grinding on my spent cock while I rubbed her clit. That time, I definitely noticed Janna's reduced and lifted breasts, as well as how toned her body was all over. I also noticed three tattoos that she never had before. One on the inside of her arm and two on her hip. The ones on her hip were astrological signs and birthstones for both our children. The one on her arm was writing that I couldn't read.

Immediately after Janna's orgasm, she pulled the sheets back and we went together under the covers. She snuggled tightly against me, and I knew this was more than sex for both of us - which was difficult.

Even though both our post-divorce encounters had been really brief, they were intense and way better than any of my one-nighters. That was partly because we knew how to please the other, and partly because I was so much more attracted to Janna than the women, whose names I couldn't remember. Janna looked at me like she found me just as attractive as our first time, many years ago.

If it was just sex, I'd want to keep doing what we did the last two nights - especially the blowjob. However, feeling Janna's naked body snuggle against me contently, was the intimacy of someone in love. What was making this difficult for me was that even with all the crying, Janna was acting exactly like the sweet, caring compassionate woman I fell in love with, and had been happily married to for almost a decade.

Really, I thought she'd been the same woman right up to seeing that fucking text on the Mac. It was only for a few hours that she acted like a different person, one that I couldn't remain married to. She didn't make excuses and once I gave her a chance, did admit everything and gave as sincere apology as I'd expect Janna to. It was eating her up inside that she hurt me, like the Janna I married would feel like. I wasn't the type of man to accept his wife cheating, but did that mean I had to be the type to never forgive her?

"I know it's still early, but would you mind if we just turn off the lights and go to sleep" Janna whispered against my chest. "We can go again early in the morning and then I want to shower and get home before Aiden gets up. I need to make sure he's all packed and say my goodbyes."

"Sure, it's been a long day. I could sleep now." I replied and reached to click off the light.

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I checked and saw Janna had left a note.

I picked it up and read,

Todd,

I'm so sorry for leaving while you were sleeping, but I think it's for the best. Last night, being in bed with you, just felt too natural. I thought I could just have casual sex with the man that turns me on like no one else, but I can't. I am still in love with you and won't be happy with just sex. I want everything. Everything that I threw away. I truly hope we can continue being on good terms, and the invitation this summer is still open. However, I can't have sex with you again without it being part of a romantic relationship. I'm hoping you understand and will keep these past two night strictly between us.

Love, Janna

PS. Call Don about that job!!

As planned, the following morning my parents and kids drove back home in their vehicle while I drove my truck alone. There were a lot of tears as they said their goodbyes to Janna. We didn't even hug, I shook her hands and it felt awkward. While I wanted Mom to have as much time with her grandkids as possible, I did regret not having one ride with me - or alternate half-way. It was too long a time to leave me alone with my thoughts and most of them were about Janna.

Even though her letter said contrary, I was sure she'd be willing have sex with me again. Part of me wanted that, just to be able to fuck a woman I found incredibly sexy. However, I knew that I still cared deeply for the woman I was once married to. I'd convinced myself that she was gone and had replaced herself with that woman bent over a toilet, talking dirty while some asshole fucked her from behind. After four years, it seemed like the woman who cheated on me was the one who was gone. Maybe she was only around for those hours in the bar?

It seemed too good to be true that I had the opportunity to just go back to my old job, be able to see my kids, and have a relationship - a platonic one - with my old best friend. The best friend, that I couldn't stop thinking of the look on her face, as she orgasmed while riding my cock. Or how sexy her legs looked, with the muscle definition in her thighs.

I was a half an hour from my parent's house when I received a call from an unknown number and answered it hands free.

"Hello?"

"Todd, shit has it ever been a long time, you asshole," said a familiar voice.

I laughed. "Don? It has been a while."

"That's Dr. Don Rebble, president of Charles Francis Community College, and don't you forget it."

"Don't give me that shit, you hate being called doctor."

Don laughed. "True, but I need to keep my employees in place. Please tell me you'll accept the job? It even comes with a professional development package so you can start a graduate program somewhere. With some more letters after your name, it could be Dean Todd someday. Fuck, between you and me, our online presence has gone to shit since you left. You were on top of everything, always proactive, pushing the envelope. We need that now more than ever. I was so happy when Collette told me you came out of hiding. I was already thinking of getting a headhunter to track you down and make you an offer to come back. So, just name your price, within reason. Whatever you're making now, we'll beat it."

"What I'm making now?"

"Yeah, Janna told Collette you're doing good, but considering a change. Waiting two-months for you to start isn't enough time to make changes before the new school year, but if you can do a month and start working from a distance, I'll get the contracts to you."

Here I thought Janna had begged my former co-worker to give me my old job back because I couldn't find a job. Now, I was glad that I didn't say anything too harsh to her - and not just because it led to sex. Janna had, in this instance, spared my pride. Don wasn't doing me a favor, he really wanted me back.

"Well, how does fifteen percent over my old salary sound?" I said in my business meeting voice, "I suppose you'll need an updated resume?"

Don laughed. "After how long you worked for us? I think we have one on file. I will need an email though - rather HR will need one. Go on the shitty excuse of a webpage we have now and contact them. I'll tell Debra to have the contract ready and expect your call."

"Will do. It was great to hear from you Don."

"You too, Todd. Look..." There was a long breath sound. "It was a real shitty deal what you went through. I didn't see the pictures, but I heard. I really wish you'd let us support you - us guys need to stick together. And, I'm glad you and Janna are speaking again. Her and Collette got really close the past year and I can tell you she's not the same woman who messed around on you. She doesn't drink at all and devotes all her time to those kids. Believe me, Collette is the last to accept someone doing what she did to you. I just wanted to let you know - and glad to have you back. As MY employee."

We both laughed and I saw that I was coming up on my parent's house. They were already there with Aiden and Eva.

"Look, before I go, Don. I should tell you, giving notice isn't the problem. My mother has terminal cancer."

"Shit, Todd..."

"She's not expected to last the summer. That's why I don't want to move back till September, or at least until, you know..."

"No problem. I trust you can handle everything remotely until you're able to come back to the office. And don't wait until you're back to give me a call for personal reasons. I really want to catch up on your years in exile - I'm surprised you're still single."

"Will do, bye, Don."

I pulled up to Eva running to give me a big hug like she hadn't seen me for a while. I wasn't about to complain. Dad came and told me that they were going to run and grab a few things, leaving the kids with me. I offered to go, too, so Mom could stay home and rest, but she was already getting in the car. I knew better than to argue at that point and just went inside the house. I started talking with Aiden and Eva about what they wanted to do for the summer. Eva had a ton of ideas, mostly unreasonable, but Aiden didn't really say much. I guess he was in his moody teen years, but probably also upset that he had to leave the girlfriend he's had for all of three months for the entire summer. I did my usual prying to find out about their past year - though the scrapbook already did a good job of that.

After our thirty-minute or so talk, I went to the basement and called the human resource department of the University. Don wasn't kidding that everything had been taken care of. The call took all of five minutes; they updated my personal information, banking information and said the job offer would be emailed to me within the hour.

At that moment, I thought I really had a chance to get my life together. I tried to think those four years were freedom - going out drinking or picking up some casual sex whenever I wanted. However, what Dad was saying before I found out about Mom's cancer was right. I wasn't really living my life and just punishing myself. I thought it would make Mom more at ease to know I had my old job back and had a chance to be a much bigger part of my children's life.

Our landline rang, and I assumed it was Janna calling to check on things.

"Hello," I said in almost a flirty tone, I was in such a good mood in that moment.

"Hello, is this Todd Christian?" said a gruff male voice.

"Yes, who is this?"

"My name is Officer Livingston, Mr. Christian, there's been an accident..."

The next two hours after that are almost a fog. I remember all the details, they're burned into my memory, but the exact order is jumbled like it all happened at once. The best I can explain is on the way back from the store, Dad had a heart attack and drove into a house going forty miles per hour. There were people at home, but luckily weren't in the room my dad crashed into. Dad died before anyone got to him, either from his heart or the crash. Mom died of her injuries in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, her body greatly weakened already by her cancer. I couldn't make funeral arrangements until the autopsies were complete, which could take up to a week.

I was sitting in the hospital waiting room, numb after talking with the police. I'd just left Aiden and Eva at my parents' house, without saying a word. They had no clue and I couldn't face them. Four years ago, I felt I was being a man by posting those sex pictures to humiliate Janna and leaving her - and the kids. At that moment, I felt like a man should never cry - especially in front of his kids. I'd never seen my dad cry and wasn't going to let Aiden and Eva see me cry either.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Janna. Mom and Dad are gone. Car accident. Please come get kids right away and take them back home. They shouldn't be here for this.

Immediately after, for the second time in my life, I blocked Janna's number and went through my contacts and did a mass block of anyone I thought I didn't need to hear from. I needed time alone and wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone.

I left the hospital and did the two things I thought I did best since my marriage ended. I went to the bar to drink some beer and ended up flirting with some woman that I'd probably not look twice at sober.

Even though she probably told me her name twice, I still had no clue what it was. Calling her a woman was a stretch, seriously doubting she was even 21. She was showing a lot of cleavage and that's where my attention was. We were talking and joking around, and I knew she'd leave with me if I asked. I was debating about it, but still wanted to drink some more.

"Todd, what the fuck are you doing?" said a familiar voice.

I turned around to see Janna, eyes red and puffy wearing sweats and a tank-top.

"You're married? You asshole!" exclaimed the woman, who gave me a look of disgust before getting up.

"Divorced!" I called out, but wasn't too disappointed that she left.

Janna came up and had her stern look, which I remember being directed at the kids more than me. "Todd, please listen to me. I know you're hurting - we all are - but drinking alone isn't how to deal with it."

"I wasn't drinking alone before you got here," I muttered.

Janna's mouth got tight for a moment, but she didn't react. "Todd, come on, I'll drive you home. In the morning, we can deal with things. I can help you."

I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm not proud of, but the next few minutes are at the top of the list. I was drunk and seeing Janna at that moment pushed me right into the anger stage of grief. I was hurting so much, I wanted to hurt her - again.

"Fuck you, I will," I snapped, "If you hadn't taking to fucking guys ten years younger than you in bathroom stalls, they'd still be alive."

She didn't say anything. Janna just looked wounded by those words.

"And after two lousy nights with you, I was going to finally get some real pussy again, and you screwed that up, too. Yeah, I believe you only got laid six times in four years, you're definitely out of practice."

Again, she didn't reply and just started crying and slowly turned around.

Piling on, I yelled at her, "Yeah, get the fuck out of here and take the kids back home. That's what I told you to do, or can't you read either."

As soon as Janna left the bar, it registered what I was saying to her. Nothing she did four years ago warranted me to treat her like that - particularly in a crowded bar in our hometown where there would be patrons who knew us. Especially when Mary was as much her mother the last fifteen years as she was mine. I had acted like a major asshole. I wasn't one, just overwhelmed by the sudden loss of both my parents. Looking back, I don't think that was enough of an excuse. Too late, I got up and stumbled to the door, but she was gone.

Feeling horrible, I pulled out my cellphone and unblocked Janna, sending her a text, Janna I'm sorry. I didn't mean any of those things. There was no response. I took a cab home to an empty house. Janna and the kids were gone.

The funeral was small - maybe twenty of my parent's friends and a couple of relatives that I didn't know. They were cremated and buried together in the same urn. I didn't get up to say anything. I felt too broken. Out of the corner of my eye, I was sure I saw Janna and Aiden sitting in the back. Part of me wanted to apologize for those awful things I said. However, knowing Janna was there because she was grieving too, I decided to wait until after the service. She wasn't at the reception, which was an hour of torture for me, and neither Janna nor my children had returned any of my texts and phone calls. I was in a room full of people and never felt so alone.

Returning to my parents' home, I felt so horrible, almost hating myself at that moment for my words that led to Janna and my kids avoiding me. I had to wonder if I was feeling like Janna did after her cheating ended our marriage. She did say knowing she hurt me was the worst part of that experience.

Rather than having a self-pity party with a little self-loathing thrown in, I started the daunting task of getting all my parents belongings packed up. I already knew it all would be either sold or donated to charity. One of the first things I found was my mom's photo albums. I started flipping through all these old pictures from when I was a kid while I cried. I found the pictures of when Janna and I first were a couple. I was so used to my ex-wife being the one taking the pictures that I forgot that my parents had quite of few of her from the good times of our marriage. Looking at those pictures, I came up with an idea and started pulling out every picture of Janna with either of my parents regardless if I was in it or not.