All Comments on 'Buying His Coffee'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice short burn tale, someone is bound to bitch but I liked it. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

I remain in awe of authors who can pack so much in so few words... well done. *****

erotikoserotikosover 2 years ago

We’ll done, nice plot twist, and a sterling example of concise, clear writing. I liked the set up, the weaving of just enough back story to give a peek at the characters’ motivations. Ver well done!

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Trust but Verify folks Trust but Verify ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 2 years ago

This one was just an OK story for me. More of a news flash, than a story. Barely scratched the surface. Only one character gets to explain his perspective of the issue. No emotional outbursts, no drama, no readers investment.

DSolomonDDSolomonDover 2 years ago

It is Olympix time again. 10 10 10 10 10

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

So well written, really enjoyed this.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Not a fan of the 750 word thing but this was a good one

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 2 years ago
Great story

This story had everything it needed and I loved it. Well done. 5 stars.

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

Phew.... a woman with secrets but wants full trust from a partner. He's lucky to have moved beyond this lady.

Awesome work! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Dodged the bullet completely. Lucky fella. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Like a so many who have already left comments, I gave this a 5. Short and sweet (maybe like Lou's fru-fru coffee?). And I'd like to comment on the comment by Dry_opinion. All of those things you found lacking (more than one perspective, emotionalism, drama) would make sense in a longer story, but 750 words just doesn't have enough room for all that. What the author did with 750 words is one of the more impressive efforts in this, admittedly, restrictive format. Griscom packed a lot of information into this. If you want more, write a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I actually liked this story. I wished it was longer but it was OK. I think he was a smart man to demand a paternity test. If more idiots did this they wouldn't be stuck paying for another man's child. I saw a documentary where men were fighting to get their names off birth certificates of kids they didn't sire... Despite them providing proof the child is not theirs. That didn't matter. The only thing the law see is your signature on the birth certificate. It doesn't matter that you were tricked, you thought the child was yours. These men were screwed. In some states if you're married and your wife ends up pregnant by someone else, you STILL will be held financially responsible for that child. That is so fuck'd up. I absolutely think all men should request paternity test. This is not the 1950's. You don't have to jump straight to marriage just cause you knocked up someone. This guy dodged a huge bullet. As a woman I would be hurt if my man asked me for a paternity test, but I would gladly give him one. Our relationship probably wouldn't be the same but I wouldn't lose my shit. You know why? Cause I'm not a whore fucking anything to where I don't know who the father of my child is!. What type of slut just goes around telling 2 different men she's pregnant and they're the father? The sad thing is this story is very realistic cause it does in fact happen all the time. We actually do have whores likes Randi walking amongst us👀👀. I have brother's. I strongly urge men to get a DNA test. Even if you're married. I don't put shit pass anyone. Especially nowadays. Do you know there are women out here who will intentionally get pregnant just to collect child support. If they can get you into marriage also they've hit the jackpot ×10. I think this story is low cause it's too short, didn't really give you time to get into the story, the story should've been more developed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, five stars. Great economy of words.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 2 years ago

Well done. I used to work for a guy that always told me to trust but verify. Kind of a slap in the face to Randi, but that's life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ah, the dreaded DNA test, the kryptonite of many a whore!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Trust but verify. I should have done that with my first wife. Guess I 'm just a trusting sole, or a dumb shit, take your pick. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stand up guys take responsibility for their actions. Understand them breaking up but still should have found out if the child (not bastard) is his and then been responsible financially and spending time as required. I hope some of the commentators in the genre never marry or procreate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Today, there's s simple blood test of the mother that can be done after 8 weeks of pregnancy to determine the DNA of the baby to establish paternity.

The government crunches the numbers every which way: total child support dollars collected per dollar of total expenditure, average amount collected per case, and so on. But nowhere does the state bother to count the number of citizens it has wrongfully names as fathers. The bias is overwhelming, and the abuses are inevitable.

Finding paternity fraud victims is not difficult. Television host Maury Povich has made a career out of bringing scandalous paternity fraud stories to homes across America, but the child support bureaucracy has chosen not to quantify or identify them.

Unfortunately, there has been no interest in counting or identifying the number of victims, which may be due to every paternity fraud being seen as an embarrassment to the child support bureaucracy. Each paternity fraud victim is a potential reduction in performance statistics. Only the victims want to be counted and they do not control the research budget.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@dgfergie:

.

"...a trusting sole..." = a gullible fish? (on the hook)

.

I suppose that trusting soles and dumb shits swim the same waters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If your wife is against DNA test of 'your baby' then theres a possibilty the bastard isnt yours.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It almost certainly wasn't his kid. She started cheating with Lou before their split.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Probably, I will express the wish of most women - in order to preserve peace, well-being, and, in general, the existence of many happy marriages, it is necessary to strictly prohibit by law the DNA analysis of a child without the written and unconditional consent of the mother. It's just that it's better for some "dads" not to give any chance at all to find out that they are, in fact, not "fathers". It will be better for everyone. Leave the right to choose the true fathers for your offspring at the discretion of women. Men, believe unconditionally in what your wives tell you and you will be happy. Let DNA expertise remain entirely for the needs of criminalistics for the detection of criminal offenses.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

Poe's law in action. I can't tell if the last comment is a sarcastic laugh, or a genuine man-hating feminist. Either way, I have a counter proposal. Any woman caught carrying a child not of the man she married/intends to marry who claims it's his; pays HIM alimony for several years, for being an evil piece of shit.

LoneEagleLoneEagle10 months ago
Nope

Anonymous from 3/7. Nope. When there is any doubt, I believe that presumed fathers should have the right to paternity testing, so long as it does not present a physical threat to the mother or child.

I'm not a big fan of blind obedience or compliance. "Trust me" is most often said by those unworthy of trust!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well fine to the MC for insisting on a DNA test

dgfergiedgfergie9 months ago

My comment a year ago:

"Trust but verify. I should have done that with my first wife. Guess I 'm just a trusting sole, or a dumb shit, take your pick. Good story."

Some 'anon' had a comment with my name in it and some remarks about me or my comment not sure which. I still go by my first comment. You might replace 'dumb shit with naive though. My first wife was only 19 with a 2 year old and I was 25 when she told me she was pregnant. I took her at her word as we were exclusive, I think. I accepted the responsibility and even adopted the 2 year old later. 13 years down the road the wife decided to start trolling the bars she was cute and I was an old man of 38. Oh well, on with a new wife with 4 kids that lasted almost 40 years, lots of love there, so judge as you may. Older but wiser am I and just an old man of 80 now. I've got 5 step kids all grown but I always tell them and others 'there are no steps in my house'. Kids are kids they don't get to choose the sperm donors., and remember the pages written here are the imagenings of our authors and mostly fiction. Pretty good story for 750 words.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story

Anon's comment below, 5 months ago, is a wonder.

rbloch66rbloch666 months ago

Well, if she was with Lou soon enough to convince him it was his, then BF #1 dodged a bullet. It seems like she pulled the trust card to cover up an indiscretion.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Four stars but maybe it was worthy of 5. Hammer square on the head of more nails than you might think.

Ran into stages set with similar scenarios a couple of times in my younger days. This was pre DNA days and proof was limited to blood type and "baby got your eyes".

Once with a woman I had played around with in college and still chatted with from time to time. Cool enough relationship, but no longer swapping body fluids. Got along well enough to remain friends and potential but not active fuck buddies. She thought she was pregnant and was seeing two guys who did not know about each other. Her plan was to go with A "because a woman can tell" but seem pretty open to B if A fell through. It was obvious to me she didn't really know who the father was, but she planned to feel them out in that sequence. I called bull shit. Not sure if it was a false alarm or some other "engineered solution", and I didn't want to know. Steered clear of her for a few months. Never asked her about it. Declined her future fuck buddy offers over the years.

Other occasion was a woman I met Saturday morning and was having sex with Saturday evening. Great body clothed, but a tad pudgy naked. Told me she was pregnant Saturday night. Was sharing particulars of her situation, while I pondered my as quickly as I can with out being an asshole exit. I liked her, but not enough to join the drama about to unfold.

chytownchytownabout 2 months ago

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Could have been good, but too short. Among other things, her reactions would have improved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Nice. Succinct and to the point.

And I'm going to echo my astonishment at the comment about "Leave the right to choose the true fathers for your offspring at the discretion of women"??? I AM WITHOUT WORDS.

Where's HighBrow now with his Femdom Agitprop comment?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...