By choice or by force Ch. 08

Story Info
A bonding must occur! Sequel to Bonded and Bred.
4.8k words
4.8
5k
4

Part 8 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/30/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

Chapter Eight

Laurie did not think that she would sleep, but the moment her head hit the pillows it seemed that the last couple of days hit her, and she was effectively dead to the world.

She was so deep into sleep that she did not even dream -- or certainly no dreams that she could remember, when she was awoken the next morning -- by the same woman who had shown her to this room.

"Mr Richards suggested that you would like to take some breakfast in your room and then freshen up and get dressed." she indicated a tray of covered dishes and plates along with a talk silver coffee jug and cup.

"I am to come back for you in two hours, Mr Richards instructed -- that will be eleven thirty - ish."

The young woman smiled sweetly at her.

"Mr Richards said to warn you that this estate is cross wired with security, so it would be best not to wander around on your own at the moment."

"Why not just lock me in then?" Laurie muttered sourly.

"Oh no miss... Mr Richards was adamant that both you and your father are to be made to feel like his honoured guests."

"Hmm." Laurie could not keep the scepticism out of her voice.

After the woman left, Laurie threw back the covers and padded across to the tray of food, the truth was she was absolutely famished. The half night's sleep that she had enjoyed had revived her body, mind and spirit, and she had a sneaking feeling that today, people were going to try and make decisions on her fate, on her behalf -- and she was damned if she was going to just stand there and meekly accept their dictates!

When the woman returned, she had Laurie's father Greg with her.

"If you would both like to follow me, I shall take you down to the drawing room, where Mr Richards is waiting there for you."

Though she didn't say as much Laurie had the impression that 'Mr Richards' was waiting impatiently for them and would have been more than happy to have them running down the stairs.

Laurie smiled sweetly at the woman. "I'm feeling a little chilly... I'll just get my cardigan and powder my nose... wash my hands... I will be right with you."

"Laurie," her father's tone was a warning tone, but Laurie just smiled at him too.

"I shall only be a sec... honest." She nipped across to her bathroom, and closed the door on the two of them.

Laurie leaned back against the door and closed her eyes whilst she counted slowly to one hundred, and then she gave a little sigh, and walked to the wash basin where she gave her hands a quick wash.

She checked her reflection in the mirror critically.

Her long golden blond hair, was freshly washed and combed. Her skin which was devoid of makeup was clear and although she had tired shadows under her eyes still, they just served to make her blue eyes darker.

There was nothing left to keep her in there, and so with a little shrug she smoothed down the pale blue dress that she has picked out of the pile of clothing, which has been put in her room at some point.

The dress fell down around her knees and the little white hearts that broke up the blue had called out to her.

It was a dress and it would do for her needs for today.

She walked back into the room and her father shot her a look of impatience, but neither of them commented when she strolled across to the bed and picked up the little white cardigan that she had left there earlier.

"Ok, we are ready now -- so lead on," she said to the woman -- Marissa, Laurie vaguely remembered.

As they followed her down the sweep of stairs, Greg touched Laurie's arm gently. "Try not to be too obnoxious daughter dear -- remember we seek allies here not enemies."

"Yes, daddy, I will try to be good," Laurie said meekly.

Greg snorted -- not fooled for a moment with her show of submissiveness. "Not good, Laurie -- civil will do."

The drawing room was not a small comfy affair but rather a large room with several tables and chairs, and sofa's scattered around. Bill Frawnings was sat at one set of table and chairs just under the tall glass doors, that led outside to a large square patio.

He stood up to greet them as they entered, and Bill smiled at the two of them guardedly.

"What are you doing here?" Laurie asked without thinking.

"I told your father -- when I met up with him earlier, that I intended to make a formal complaint about your actions. Your fraudulent bonding with my nephew caused him a lot of distress and humiliation amongst our pack, and then your actions which led to his serious injury -- and you just left him there -- perhaps to die!"

"Oh, don't be ridiculous!" Laurie snapped impatiently. "I know damned well that we were being watched as we crossed that road to cut across that field, I know that within the hour someone would have gone out looking for us. And it was only his ankle for crying out loud. He could have hopped or hobbled back if he was desperate enough... as I was desperate because of your sons' actions earlier in the day."

"Now, now, Laurie," Bill stuttered. "Your aunt and I have already made an agreement not to press charges on that matter.

"That was an agreement with you and my aunt. I was the victim, and if chose to follow up on it -- I am pretty sure my family will support me."

"Ah good I can see that the two of you are beginning to talk sensibly." Jonathon said from behind them.

Bill turned to look at Jonathon and a look of respect and fear filled his eyes.

"Mr Richards -- it was good of you to invite us to your home. My boys and me have been made to feel very welcome."

"That is good to hear, and your rooms -- you are all in the north wing -- are you not. Your rooms are adequate?"

"Yes, oh yes," he grinned ingratiatingly. "My boys have never seen or experienced such luxury before, they were quite overcome when we first got here."

Jonathon narrowed his eyes thoughtfully but whatever those thoughts were, he chose not to share them with any of his present guests.

"Very well then, shall we proceed with things, and see if we can reach some sort of agreement?"

He sat down at the table and looked pointedly at the other chairs.

"Take a seat all of you -- I would guess that we will be here a little while at least."

Laurie sat next to her father and facing Bill. She deliberately placed herself so that she would not have to be directly in the line of sight of Jonathon. He would have turn to look at her, and she was sure that she was not that interesting to look at.

Jonathon looked around at each of them before fixing his keen metallic eyes on Bill. "Now then to business..."

*

Bill watched as Laurie walked away with her father an hour later. He gave a sigh of open regret and then looked at Jonathon

"I suppose that it was the right thing to do," he said sombrely. "to concede no harm and no foul on either side and let bygones be bygones... but I just do not know what I am going to do about my boys."

"You have left them to run wild, with little guidance, my friend; and that is starting to catch up with you all."

"Yes, I know... but when my wife died, I just did not have the heart for it. To find a new mate, the whole idea of making a family home and so on -- it just... it was just too hard... too much."

"I do understand you know. Michael was just a teenager when his mother died, but sometimes we have to keep going if only for them."

"I suppose... but now I guess I am too late even for that."

Jonathon rubbed his nose as he studied the man across from him. "I don't know... perhaps we need to find them some sort of grooming -- like a finishing school... something to reunite them with their humanity and teach them some good manners..." He smiled in reassurance suddenly. "Enjoy my home and its amenities for a few days and I shall have a think on what's best to be done."

"You mean you will help us?" Bill looked almost like he might cry for a moment.

Jonathon smiled as he stood over the other man. "Of course, my friend -- this is part of my job after all -- sorting other people's problems."

**

Mathew strolled into his small private study, just as Jonathon was pouring himself a drink.

"Can I get you anything?" He asked, holding up the bottle."

Mathew rubbed the back of his head irritably. "Yes please, I have been trying to talk to that, Rowena woman again, but she's not having any of it... I think I might take great delight in throttling that woman at some point soon."

"Why are you bothering yourself with her?" Jonathon asked putting the bottle down and walking across to where his brother stood. "I have managed to contact that doctor who treated Greg Beaumont, and he's due to arrive sometime later tomorrow. Our best bet for knowledgeable answers is surely the expert?"

"Well that is good news," Mathew said. "But I just can't help thinking that she is hiding something -- and it is starting to pique my interest."

Jonathon laughed. "I think you need to get out on your own for a bit. Why don't you take one of the cars and drive down to the cottage and take a few days?"

Mathew thought about it, about walking across the small private beach, and just pottering for a while. But then he sighed and shook his head. "No, I shall stay and see this thing out I think."

"Oh, well if I can't get you to take some time off... perhaps you could do another little job for me?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

Mathew's response was automatic and expected.

"I just need to get a couple of documents and a parcel to Seline, and I need her to get them today ideally."

"Seline? I haven't seen her for years. Does she still reside on that farm and run that orphanage?"

"Yes, the girl's refuge. I spoke to her a couple of days ago and she said she had a few jobs that needed a strong man to do them. She asked me for my help but I am tied up here... So, I would take a few casual clothes with you."

"Sounds like fun." Mathew said ruefully.

"Go and pack some things from your rooms here, and I'll sort out those documents and the parcel."

Mathew regarded Jonathon thoughtfully for a moment, as he walked across the room, sat down and bent his head to his task.

Mathew had always lived in his brother's shadow to a certain degree.

Jonathon was the first born, the taller, the broader the stronger -- the strongest of them all, now and before -- if the truth was to be told.

Jon had been a forgone conclusion to joining the council of elders after their own father's demise.

And once on the council it was not long before his natural strength, and intelligence propelled him to being leader of that council.

Mathew suspected that the other elders preferred it this way too, since it was Jonathon who had to deal with the tiresome task of the people and their petty problems.

He had been granted the grandest house and estate, and position, but the cost was that any and all could demand an audience to petition for whatever they felt was due -- a wrongness, a feud. Injuries or harms or just some assistance. Whatever they wanted then Jon would have to hear them out and then make a judgement.

Mathew who had strength and power in his own right should have also been on the council, but the rule was only one elder from any pack.

He had sort of become an honorary elder over the years though, allowed in on most of the meetings but with no voice.

He was present when decisions were made but with no vote, although he and Jonathon were always of the same mind. And when it came down to it, Jonathon's vote always carried great weight with the others, and they usually just followed his lead -- as long it did not upset or interfere with their lifestyles. And then it would fall to Jonathon and his brother to implement those decisions.

It was well understood that Mathew was fundamentally Jon's right-hand man, but the council of elders also felt it their right to send him of on the occasional 'errands'.

If the truth was known Mathew preferred it this way too.

He had been sent all over the world in his time, and wherever he went, he took the power of the council with him.

Amongst his own kind he was often welcomed like royalty -- and feared like the grim reaper come a calling.

For more than twenty years now Mathew had roamed far and wide, always on council business -- but also it was always with a sense of searching.

He rubbed the back of his head and winced as he felt the painful ridging of the scar buried beneath that white streak of hair.

"Okay Jon, I shall go off and bail out the fair Seline... But I absolutely refuse to reside with those teenage monsters that she is so determined to mother."

Jonathon laughed as he glanced up. "Fear not brother of mine, Seline would not let you anywhere near her 'young ladies'! She has those guest cabins. I am sure she will put you in one of those for your stay."

Mathew was so used to taking off at the drop of a hat, of gathering together what he might need and doing it at lightning speed. Consequently, within half an hour of Jonathon making his request, Mathew was already in a car and driving off on his task.

Jonathon returned to his study having seen his brother off and picked up the drink that had been standing waiting for him. He pushed it away without bothering to even taste it, and poured himself a fresh one.

As he sat back down at his desk, he shook his head with a little sigh. Life was just getting so complicated.

His phone lit up with a beep and he read the message as he sipped his drink.

'Okay darling -- I've lots of jobs I can think of for this opportunity! It should keep him here for at least a week if you can spare him for that long?

Seline x'

He texted back quickly and then took another sip of his drink.

'Try to limit it to four days please, then things here should be resolved and I will really need him back.

Jon'

Seconds later it lit up again.

'Okay darling man -- but you owe me a dinner x'

He chuckled softly as he pictured the lovely Seline with her long black hair, and her laughing brown eyes -- and sassy smile. He could hear her light playful voice saying those words, and for the first time in a very long time, Jonathon thought that maybe his rule did not have to be for ever, maybe it did not have to be one mate -- and only one mate.

*

Half an hour later Jonathon sent messages to all of his 'guests' requesting that they made themselves comfortable in their rooms, and to ask for anything that they might need. But everyone was instructed to remain in their rooms until the next day; that messages would be sent to them to tell them where they were to go -- when the time was right.

He knew that people would not be happy at being treated like prisoners, but he was exhausted and could not face one more drama today; tomorrow would be soon enough to disappoint people.

He knew that Michael would play dutiful host to the people he had come here with, and so that would keep him safely out of the east wing.

**

The next day's audiences commenced and Jonathon made short work of it all, dealing with each petition in a methodical competent manner, he broke for a quick lunch in his study, and then returned to the main hall and his ceremonial chair, to resume with the afternoon petitions. There were only three and he quickly resolved each leaving the people either happy or not.

Michael watched with a sense of scepticism. He had watched his father on that chair -- that -- throne and he had always hated this place, had thought it was all a bit pretentious, and beneath his father. But as he watched, Michael realised that most of what went on in these ground floor reception rooms, were all about allowing his people in whilst keeping them at a distance.

True his father had to allow all of them entry to his home, to receive them all, but the simple act of this grand reception room and his father up on his throne -- well it kept all of those people separate from him -- kept them in awe of their environment -- and of Jonathon.

He watched with a growing sense of understanding of his father's, day to day events, and as he watched his father, he noticed for the first time the grey at his temple and the subtle signs of weariness.

Then when all of his petitioners had left with justice or not, whether they left with a sense of satisfaction, or even if they left feeling like they were cheated; all of them would have left resigned to those decisions, feeling that the council had heard them out, and the council always knew best.

Seeing his son about to come over Jonathon stood up to address the people who were now entering the room.

Michael also turned round and his eyes opened wide in surprise at the people coming in.

Some he recognised, some seemed vaguely familiar, but others he did not know at all, but to a man the dozen or so people who stood there were all young and strong looking; and something about their bearings gave sure signs of coming from good packs, apart from the Frawnings brothers, who seemed a little out of place and more than a little uncomfortable of their surroundings.

"We have here a need for a bonding," Jonathon said to the people who gathered before him.

"We have a young lady come to us who comes from good genes and sound parentage. She has already been approached by others but on her rejection; 'the would-be' suitors decided to try coercion to achieve a more favourable outcome. Luckily though their plan did not succeed.

However, this young woman comes from a pack which is low on males and so she is in need of protection."

Again, Michael looked daggers at the Frawnings brothers who studiously avoided his gaze.

His father looked across at his assistant and nodded. "Could you bring in the family, please, Paul."

Trudy, Iris, and James, followed Paul into the room a few moments later, and Michael suddenly had a sickening sense of déjà vu.

"And now the young woman and her father please, Paul."

Laurie walked in with her father, looking as beautiful as he had ever seen her look, in her pretty blue dress and her head demurely down as though she was terribly shy.

She kept her head down as she held on tightly to her father's hand, and Michael had the greatest urge to step forward and tilt her chin so that he could look deep into her fabulous blue eyes -- and shout out for the fraud that she was.

"Now then as I said before, this girl is in need of protection and I feel that the best way to achieve that is for her to bond truly and completely with someone..."

Michael stepped forward eagerly with his hand up, but his father stopped him in his tracks.

"Although it pains me to say this, I must forbid my son from pursuing this woman, his duties lie in a different area and so he cannot attempt to bond with her."

"I wouldn't have him anyway," Michael heard the little sniff, and glared back at her in frustration. Couldn't she see that all he was trying to do was to protect her -- from his father and these fools and anyone else who thought they could take a shot at subduing her?

He felt sick to the stomach that he was going to have to live through the same sham again, and even though this time he would know it for what it was, he was still powerless to change the outcome!

"Very well then -- you have seen the young woman for yourselves and I have promised my blessings on any union today, and so would any here like to petition as a would-be suitor?"

The room fell silent for a moment, until suddenly there was a loud hiss, and Trudy stepped forward with her fist up and her eyes ablaze with fury.

"What right?" she demanded shrilly. "By what right to you organise this auction of my niece's liberty?"

"Why by her father's, of course," Jonathon said lightly.

Trudy stalked up them until she was standing directly in front of Jonathon up on his throne, and next to Laurie.

"How could you do this, Greg? Laurie, why would you let him -- let them do this to you?"

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers
12