All Comments on 'By My Side, Always'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments (Page 2)
OldmantruckerOldmantrucker8 months ago

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŒΉβœŒοΈβœŒοΈβœŒοΈβœŒοΈπŸ˜‰πŸ€·πŸ€·πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ’―πŸ‘Œ

EzrollinEzrollin7 months ago

While well written, I found this story about as erotic as a nude picture of Nancy Pelosi. Obviously, it appealed to some, just think the rating is to high, gave it a four.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I find that as I read BurntRedstones stories that I skip over the erotic bits. The stories are simply sweet and good hearted. The erotica is almost irrelevant. Beautiful talent.

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

You won't find a better Author at Literotica. Thank you again BRS! You're the best! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Lovely story. Just as good as the first chapter. Wonderful to see true love overcome adversity and predators.

To the btb commeters who want to burn Emma, I won't bother dignifying that nonsense with a detailed defense because it is obvious if one reads the story the author wrote.

Still a few easy standout points in her favor. First, it took Dennis drugging the champagne to even get a kiss and afterwards she refused to drink with him. To get her into bed would have required drugging and rape. Pure and simple. Second, Dennis being the villain with crippling Yvonne was not required to bust up anything that might have happened sexually between Emma and Dennis. What Dennis did with her images and the billboard, was more than enough that she was going to quit, not to mention being overworked and missing Gary. All of that plus Yvonne's woes is what got Emma to get the recording that screwed Dennis and out him into a world of hurt.

Ok but what of her picture on her phone and her thinking of Dennis' body? Grow up. Men and women have lewd thoughts. "Let he cast the first stone who is without sin". She was being human, not to mention hyped on all the adulation from the students in her classes and from Dennis. Ok the phone picture was tacky but Jasmine was all over Gary like white on rice for that first year. Emma and Gary both worked that out in like two paragrpahs midway in the story. They just want each other.

Naively, Emma thought Dennis was a friend giving her a great career opportunity. Though wasted her talk with Raphael put a bit of a damper on that evening, and she never drank again with Dennis. She saw him for quick dinners as a friend during her busy schedule. Emma is indeed young and naive and in a big city full of predators. By her own fortitude and willpower and her love for and from Gary, she avoided disaster. Look at her devotion and enthusiasm with Gary that wekeend during the recording sessions at Selina's house. She was ultrra attentive and energetic and very happy for Gary. She felt no guilt because she had nothing to feel guilty about except with respect to Yvonne and that was not really her fault. And she got past any jealousy she had for Jasmine as seen near the end of the story. Again she and Gary worked out any issues very quickly once they communicated and spent time together.

Seriously, the author obviously wrote them as true soulmates. If you believe that Emma will cheat on him in the future that is a testament to your own mental state and that is your fiction, not the author's story.

Well written and a lovely story of having to deal with challenges while poor and young in NYC.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat7 months ago

The second half turned out way better than the first, to me. I was dreading if the two kids went in different directions. To me this story cries out for a sequel. Kudos BurntRedstone. Well done.

OvercriticalOvercritical6 months ago

A tale of emotional growth and perseverance. They faltered, but never lost sight of the goals they set for themselves. I was a little puzzled that Gary and Emma never really mentioned the idea of getting married. For that matter, her parents let her go to the big city with Gary to share an apartment without the benefit of clergy. A little inconsistent. The story was lengthy and had opportunities for the two to stray from each other to follow financial gain or personal fame, but their basic personal values kept them on the right track. An excellent example of good plot development, good character development, good dialog and good grammar. 5*

Old_LionOld_Lion6 months ago

Bravo, bravo, bravissimo!!

Loved the story and I would love to see a finale!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You’ve definitely have a gift. Very evocative and tender unlike so many authors on this site. Applause.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart6 months ago

Quite the gap between chapters but well worth the wait. 5 stars easy, a sweet loving story that thankfully kept the two main characters together.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What an adventure. Intrigue and romance to have the tenacious determination to fight for what you prioritize and the strength of character to true to your values. (Even if some you love is placed on a pedestal.) Good fortune for good people?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Still a great story Thank You

CaulderonCaulderon2 months ago

What a fine story! The characters are very believable and the story is beautifully crafted.

JackfrostyJackfrosty2 months ago

Wonderful story! I love your stories you’re so talented!!!!

Lupercal16Lupercal16about 1 month ago

A great story, as usual. I liked that little callback on page 3 to Nightingale (Yep, I spotted the mention of Sam and Raphael, well played, sir). Looking forward to more of your stories, mate. Cheers.

linnearlinnearabout 1 month ago

I still think Gary should have gone on tour, he could always fall back on accounting. I guess he and Emma made out as it seems he'll be working with other artist.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

By My SideΒ Previous Part
By My SideΒ Series Info

SIMILAR Stories