All Comments on 'By My Side, Always'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments
ArediaArediaabout 2 years ago

Loved it! I think the story is complete, but if you do another chapter I will eagerly read it, as I do all your work. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I hadn't read the first one, but now having read both parts I congratulate you on producing one of the best stories on here. I pray there is a concluding part.

jetpacksamjetpacksamabout 2 years ago

5*. A Worthy sequel. Thank you so much.

Part 3?

jimmy_loganjimmy_loganabout 2 years ago

Nice story. Suprised to see sam and graves. Wonderfully written story

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Excellent story and a good follow on from the original, although Stefano & Dennis should be tried in court for being “Serial Cliché offenders”. That aside, the characters and storyline were very good albeit a bit obvious, my one question is why Raphael the neighbour was upset about the music? I didn’t know if maybe that part of the story had fallen to the editing knife, or if it was left open for a reason?

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz. 5 stars btw.

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112about 2 years ago

Yet another crossover! As soon as I saw "Sam and Raphael" ... I had to come and leave a comment before resuming the story. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Bigsarge89Bigsarge89about 2 years ago

Man you are good. Another fantastic offering.

Nasty56Nasty56about 2 years ago

Almost sad there’s no more to read! A BIG 5!

TravisGlennTravisGlennabout 2 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Happiness without bounds.

Thanks again, B Redstone.

elu69elu69about 2 years ago

Even better than the first instalment!

linnearlinnearabout 2 years ago

Impressive follow up. I would have much preferred Gary join Salina on her your but I can she his character being more at home out of the limelight.I enjoyed the visit from Sam and Raphael as it's nice to see past story characters.

mithanialmithanialabout 2 years ago

Great story really enjoyed it. Thank you for sharing your creativity yet again.

bigbob2406bigbob2406about 2 years ago

You really do write some first class stories. I love them. Thank you very much for your most enjoyable efforts.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Another great story. Thank-you

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Beautiful story but why did it take so long to add to the first part? Still I gave it 5 BIG FAT TWINKLING STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When I was in the middle of the first chapter, I looked up and saw that the author was one of my faves, and big Ben from those first stories was an amazing hero too. You really do tell a story well.

blkuserblkuserabout 2 years ago

Was happy with part one, but happy you decided it needed this to fully round it out

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 2 years ago

Great read and continuation of the story. Would of liked to see them go home and for his dad and siblings to get a better relationship with him. Would love a third installment that covers this and maybe how they got off after collage and setting up there own life together possibly including their marriage.

RichclanRichclanabout 2 years ago

I read your stories not for the sex but for the emotions and relationships. We can all strive to be better people and I have resonated with several of your characters. I am a big man and have learned that gentleness is essential in all my relationships. I hope you keep writing for the character of your main men is something for me to emulate

coder0504coder0504about 2 years ago

It was nice to see you weave the main characters from Nightingale into this story as well as the story itself. You do a great job of allowing us inside the ‘feelings’ of your characters, making them much more interesting. Thanks - as always.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

I really really enjoy the stories by this author. I just wish the male leads weren't such a bunch of prissy puritan drama queens. The frequent whiney fits and pouty moments are frequent and very effeminate, and I don't mean acting like a woman. To make a comparison between those male lead behavior patterns and women in general would be offensive and an inaccurate comparison. Maybe a comparison to a spoiled child is more accurate? Regardless, love the stories, mostly. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

No6_ThePrisonerNo6_ThePrisonerabout 2 years ago

Another enjoyable read

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Ok, sorry for whining about whining. Please don't make us wait until 2027 for the next chapter!

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Yes i love a love story!

BlueFellowBlueFellowabout 2 years ago

Nice piece, loved it.

rayironyrayironyabout 2 years ago
Perhaps a little schmaltzy;

But damn , you are so fucking good.

Thank you fine sir.

brownmobbrownmobabout 2 years ago
Smashed it

loved the angst you brought in, the way it all resolved, the characters stood up to their own beliefs (as created in the first story). Damn dude, smashed it out of the ball park.

thank you from all us inept biologics that are incapable of producing such excellence.

tentaclesforalltentaclesforallabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this sequel...

I'm sorry, but I've got to blow my nose now, somebody's been cutting onions around here...

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Good story. Got to love a man like Raphael. Man calls it like he sees it and doesn't sugar coat it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Hmmmm… not your best attempt

I love your stories , but this one was a little off .

A bit contrived, some loose ends and a bit of curious sidelines not quite fitting with the storylines .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very slow and obvious it was written years after the first delightful tale. Should have stopped at that. I expect more from this great writer. I love the characters and plot of the first By My Side but did not like the direction the second installment went. I know you can't please everyone, and especially me, but I had higher hopes when I saw there was another new BurntRedstone story. I really am a huge fan. Just didn't like this installment. Found it hard to finish. Sorry.

MediocreGingerMediocreGingerabout 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant! I hope there's another one down the line about their marriage and careers and I'm curious to see what happens with Gary's family. He could very well become slightly rich and semi-famous due to the royalties and credits for playing with Selina. Will they continue to be indifferent or try to butter up. Hopefully his dad comes around and realizes just because he didn't want to become a farmer he also didn't intend to run away from the big city and desert his family. Interesting possibilities ahead. But even if this is the end it is still a very awesome and heart touching story. Keep up the great work.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

A wonderful romantic story. I am at loss for adjectives to describe the feelings parts of this story brought out. Very good just isn't enough. Keep writing, we all loved it.

HarryBalzHarryBalzabout 2 years ago

Well written with only a couple errors that didn't detract from the story. This would make a wonderful Hallmark movie with everything tied up in ribbons, rainbows and unicorns.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You are one amazing story teller. This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thank for sharing with us.

tiercenpttiercenptabout 2 years ago

with the ending written like that I almost feel like you have written/are ready/thinking about writing a 3rd part to this series.

outstanding story.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Had tears in my eyes at the end. So many times I thought a story of true love was going to turn dark, but you continually brought it back into the light. On one level I feel a sense of completeness for the story arc, but then again maybe be a handful more pages to bring it in for a soft landing. I can only hope! 5+*

sandy77sandy77about 2 years ago

This was a wonderful touching story. Loved both parts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Better than the first part. Wished I could give 10 stars!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

That's some damn fine writing. 5*

ArcTalyxArcTalyxabout 2 years ago

This story has become one of my favorite BurntRedstone stories to date. Everything just flowed so well, from the struggles of daily living impacting all of the various characters to dealing with the inner demons that are in the characters and reflected in all of our psyches just drew me into the story. The joy of finding balance in life and the joy of the hope of a brighter tomorrow by the end of this just left me feeling like a better person for having taken the time to enjoy this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hopefully, there will not be a 5 year gap before #3 comes out (if there is a part 3).

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 2 years ago

Damn, you didn't hold anything back in this one. The image of Greg is very haunting, though.

Great story!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Not much to say apart from WOW! I have enjoyed so many of your stories, but I believe this was really special. I suspect there could be a another chapter to this, but perhaps it is just that good the way it sits. Nothing left on the bench here, it is all out there! Great work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"I understand Greg tried to make a plea deal, but it was refused. He's going to do time for the hit and run. Several people in the club are willing to offer testimony on what they heard him confess over the PA," Emma said.

--> You mean Dennis...not Greg. Hope that helps! Awesome story.

poopybrodypoopybrodyabout 2 years ago

Great story. I know Gary took care of his mother financially, but he really owes her so very much for raising him right (despite his father). She has as much to do with his success as Emma. 5 stars.

Ynottony72Ynottony72about 2 years ago

Thank you, loved this story.

Well done, waiting for your next story with great anticipation

shayneoneshayneoneabout 2 years ago

look forward to many more hope you never lose your joy in writing a good fan be well safe and happy shayne

kiwiwolfkiwiwolfabout 2 years ago

God I hope there will be more from Gary and Emma... this is one of the best yet from your keyboard Burnt... may I call you Burnt? A definite and resounding 5 stars from me.

Scone134Scone134about 2 years ago

Absolutely outstanding. Right up at the top of the stories on here. Thank you so much for the opportunity to read your stories.

BlueRocket126BlueRocket126about 2 years ago

Well done 5* so glad that while both Gary and Emma had options to stray they were able to control their feelings and keep together

WayPast21WayPast21about 2 years ago

Wonderful story, though you scared me in the first 1/3 when doom, gloom, and infidelity loomed large for your characters. I did something I Rarely do; I skipped ahead to the last chapter to see if you made it a crash and rebirth story. THANKS for not going there.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Wonderful romance...

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

Just read this again and I'm still amazed by your writing. I do have to say that I wish you would have had Gary sign with Salina but continue his schooling. Just a humble thought and please consider a second story with Sam and Raphael.

Michael56SmithMichael56Smithalmost 2 years ago

The first installment in this series was largely pro- 'beautiful' and for this one the other comments are running towards 'wonderful', with the occasional 'outstanding' thrown in as well. All of your tales are well written and enjoyable, thank you for sharing, ... ;-) TTFN

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic reading pleasure. I have not recently enjoyed reading a story so much! I can only give this my highest compliment - It is worth reading again and I definitely will!

If you keep writing I will keep reading!

RamazaRamazaalmost 2 years ago

Amazing storytelling as usual from you, you never disappoint in your delivery of the characters emotions and story.

Well done, and thank you for sharing your work with us.

HuckleBerriedHuckleBerriedalmost 2 years ago

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 2 years ago
It's nice to read a story about how normal people

React regarding love and when snakes try to slither in but solidly get rejected from the get-go. Sorry, but the way most of the wives react in loving wives isn't real. Very rarely do women still massively in love with their husbands, cheat on them. Usually, there are issues in a marriage that set it off.

You also set up a few nice spin off stories with the drummer, guitar player, and the lead singer looking for love. Get on it lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are just too, too good. A very small an unnecessary note. Martha's Vineyard is on an island ten miles or so south of Cape Cod. The ferries normally run with just people, and bicycles,, but there are a few cars,, and a few travel trailers,, but a motor coach? I think you might have to hire a helicopter to get it out there,, However,,, the Cape Cod shore facing Martha's Vineyard,,, say Osterville,, or West Hyannisport. I know I am being a noodge,, I may be a rare person who has been on nearly all of those islands at one time or another. Great story. Made me wish once again that I had somewhere found my Emma. I am like your gardener, huge, gentle, scarred.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A good story. Characters were well defined and scripted. Sex where needed but not the purpose of the story line. Best I've read from this author.

DaikkennDaikkennover 1 year ago

This was a great follow up to the original.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I don’t normally read Romance, but this one caught my attention and I enjoyed the story. I read both parts and hope there will be more to come.

It’s nice to read a story where the wife rejects a man who could wreck her marriage. It’s nice to read a story about a couple who struggle to make a good life for them selfs and succeed.

Their undying love for each other triumphs.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Just absolutely fabulous ...... Yes the human creatures and sins, like anger greed hate lie cheating a d so much more ....... Living in peace is not oir strongest call ....... This was a amazing tale and natural talent beats always the technican or studies ...... So gary and emma this was an extraordinary lifetime part of those two to write about

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🍀💖

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Incredible, just incredible! The two parts of this story are the best thing I have read on this site, ever! Thanks for writing it.

Jim

WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

Such a wonderful love story, thank you so much.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Ungh sorry this was just prolonged aging and boring as hell😱😱😱

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

Thank you for the story! A bit too soapy for my tastes by I enjoyed it immensely nonetheless. Had to finish it in one sitting.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Even better than the first part!

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

Great story! 5* for both parts.

I would like to read a sequel to find out how much royalties Gary gets from all of his playing plus from the cassettes. Also, as others have said, there are multiple spin-off possibilities which I would gladly read.

HassieHassieover 1 year ago

Loved it. As others have mentioned would love to see the story continue.

Seahorsey1970Seahorsey1970over 1 year ago

Fantastic. Hopefully will be seeing more of this couple moving forward

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 1 year ago

Beautifully written and masterly crafted story by one of the most gifted writers in this site. Thanks for this tale of love and humanity.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

Outstanding! A great story well done.

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

I enjoyed both stories in this series. Well written and full of interest. The story line afforded the opportunity for the primary characters to stray, yet, they remained true to themselves and each other. It helps when two people who are in love actually like each other. Thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just want to know how they got to the island of Martha's Vineyard on a bus??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Gary is a fucking weak WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

EMMA THE SLUT AND PUSSY-WHIPPED GARY

topsectopsecabout 1 year ago

Well written. You capture the readers attention to want to read more. You've found a fan. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant! This has to be one of the very best romance stories to appear on Literotica.

I hope you resume writing on a more frequent basis.

Thakn you.

G

6King6Kingabout 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Kawika52Kawika52about 1 year ago

Gotta love the trolls - Can't write anything even close to this good so have to write fake trash about it.

This is one of my favorite authors - good story lines, well developed characters. Deus ex machina occasionally rears his head, but still.....................love it all.

DuncanitaDuncanita12 months ago

When will part 3 come? This needs so much more...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I tried to like it but Emma's relationship with Dennis made me feel uncomfortable! If Dennis wasn't a villian he and Emma would've eventually slept together. Emma had a shirtless pic of Dennis on her phone and constantly gushed about his muscles. Gary on the other hand appreciated Jasmine's body but never put her on a pedestal like Emma did with Dennis. Emma will eventually cheat on Gary he's better off without her.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Emma was a bitch who deserved trash like Dennis!!

You fucked up the story by bringing Emma and Gary together.....he deserved better than trailer park trash

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman11 months ago

good, just a bit long and the MC, "Hero" is just SO amazing!!!! LOL a perfect life. Almost adultery by both of them but nicely averted.

SnakeeyesASSnakeeyesAS10 months ago

I liked the story and the characters, but i hope there is another part with more of an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

BS you didn't disappoint me, a beautiful story. I don't have the skill for words to accurately praise it.

Anony mous

P.S. I saw 5 typos, your proof readers are slipping. Still an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Beautiful story! I was wondering if you take requests?

HassieHassie9 months ago

Read multiple times enjoy it more each time. Would like to see some sequels as other characters stories would be so interesting

tsgtcapttsgtcapt9 months ago

Easy going, fun, sexy, loving story.... thank you!

Hugo999Hugo9999 months ago

Great story well told

RanDog025RanDog0258 months ago

Damn, I love this Authors stories! The end actually feels like an end, unlike many other authors here. Burnt Red Stones stories bring out so many emotions but mostly a happiness for the main Characters lives presented in the best stories from the best Author at Literotica. You're the best BRS! The BEST. Again, another 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thanks.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

By My Side Previous Part
By My Side Series Info

SIMILAR Stories

Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
864
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
791
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
929
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
623
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
641
More Stories