By My Side, Always

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" she said contritely.

He turned to explain. "No, it's okayyyy... oh my. You're naked."

Emma's smile popped back, and she nodded to him. "Yes, I am. Why aren't you?" he asked with a coy grin.

Gary set a new speed record for stripping, then jumped on Emma to carry them to the mattress. She giggled excitedly, then his mouth found hers, and she moaned into the kiss.

He was still riding a high from playing, so he playfully kissed his way down Emma's neck while running his hands over her smooth skin. She squeaked and moaned from the shocks and tingles he was sending through her body, and he loved every sound from her lips.

Her breasts were modest, but her nipples were perfect, in Gary's opinion, and sensitive too. He worshipped them with his lips and tongue until she was almost vibrating with need.

With a grin, he moved down her flat stomach and sensually kissed her sweet belly button before header lower still.

"Oh god, Gary! You're driving me crazyEEEEEE--" she cried as his tongue found her pussy.

His movements became slow and sensual once more as he knew she was very sensitive down here.

Emma's body was jolting from the sensations, yet she tried to speak. "GAR--Oh! So--good! Omigod! Gary!"

He slipped a wet finger inside Emma's tight opening, pumping it into her as he stroked the roof of her pussy while concentrating on gently sucking her lower lips and clit.

Emma's fingers were in Gary's hair, holding his face against her as a quick and fierce release rocked through her.

Gary felt her inner muscles trembling and squeezing his finger.

She pulled at him to move up. "I need you inside me," she begged.

Emma was on the pill, and that was an expense they'd both gratefully accept, as skin to skin was so much better than sex with condoms.

Gary paused to stroke his cock up and down over Emma's wet lower lips as she gasped, then her insistent tugging forced the tip inside.

"Ah! Gary that feels good, but such a tease!" Emma pouted.

He smiled and stroked forward, driving more of him inside.

"Yes!" she sighed, then her heels were tugging at his ass once more.

He pulled out a little, then sank the full length of his cock into her hot depths. When their bodies were pressed together firmly, Emma gasped and wrapped her legs around Gary to pull him even tighter.

"Oh my god, Gary! You're so deep inside me! I can feel its heat and your pulse!" Emma purred.

Gary was in heaven. The intimacy was almost overwhelming. He was practically immobilized with her arms and legs wrapped around him so tightly. He smiled to himself as Emma did this instinctively when they made love. She craved the closeness, as well. He was still buzzing from playing at the bar, so he put that energy into his hips and began to rock side to side with a little twist thrown in randomly. It wasn't a large movement, but it touched all the right places for Emma, and her mouth dropped open with a sharp intake of breath.

"Fuck! Gary! Oh! Oh! AH!" she cried, her grip beginning to slip due to the onslaught of pleasure. As her legs loosened their grip, his movements sped up, and thrusts were included.

"Yes! Oh! FUCK! Gary!" Emma exclaimed as his pelvis began to slap against hers.

His need for her was driving him into a frenzy, and Emma clung to him as tightly as she felt an enormous wave of pleasure crash over her senses. "AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" she cried as her orgasm took her.

Her inner muscles clamped down on Gary, and that was it. His release exploded through his mind, his cum jetting deep inside Emma's body.

"Oh, Gary, I can feel you filling me," she purred into his ear, and Gary trembled once more at the love in her voice.

They remained locked together until Emma relaxed her grip, allowing Gary to lie beside her. She stayed close to him as she wasn't willing to lose the intimate feel of their touch.

Gary gently kissed her forehead as she snuggled in beside him.

They sighed in unison and chuckled. This was a beautiful end to their day, and they took that thought with them into their dreams.

Chapter 2

City College was nothing like high school. The biggest difference was something Gary had on his mind more and more these days. He'd have to pay out of pocket for his courses next year, and it wasn't looking good that he'd have the money.

He was intensely resistant to the idea of applying for a loan as the last thing he wanted to do was incur debts and interest on that debt. That was a terrible path to be on so early in his life. He'd watched his parents struggling with debt for years on the farm, and it was a sensitive topic for him.

It was a little over a week since he'd met Selina Moreno, and his life had gone back to normal. He'd missed out on the previous open mic night as one of his clients asked him to review their books after their accountant made a mistake.

It was Friday afternoon after their last class, so Gary was in the cafeteria, where his study group hung out before heading off in their own directions. Everyone was present; Brock Tealson, Li Chang, Jasmine Goldman, and himself.

Brock was tall, slim, handsome, very well dressed, and the first openly gay man Gary had ever hung out with. He was learning to not act surprised when Brock said outrageous things. Gary was beginning to think Brock enjoyed teasing him.

Li was slim, cute, and intensely competitive but apologetic about it. She blamed her mother for her antisocial behaviors. She blamed her mother for many, many things. She also had a strange obsession with Brock's tales of conquest, which the man was only too pleased to discuss, especially within Gary's hearing.

Jasmine was energetic, mischievous, smart, outgoing, but perhaps too touchy-feely. She had pretty eyes, a strong nose, and full lips, which pouted frequently. She was also the shortest of the group at just a little over five feet tall, but she made up for her lack of height with overly generous curves. She was well padded but definitely not flabby. This gave her an exaggerated hourglass figure which she took every opportunity to brush and press against Gary's harder and leaner body.

She knew Gary was head over heels for Emma, but in her words, she couldn't stop herself from flirting with the only straight male in their group. She claimed it was just an innocent compulsion.

Gary wasn't so sure.

They were going over the results of the quiz they'd just completed in their last class, and Gary was feeling pleased with how he believed he'd done. Jasmine was lamenting some mistakes she'd made and gently pummeled Gary's arm before collapsing against his side when she heard he'd gotten them right.

Gary was about to ask her to sit up when he froze. The people at the next table were listening to the radio, and they had it on a little loud, but what was playing captured his attention.

Jasmine looked up at him in surprise when he didn't protest her touch. She saw his shocked expression and the direction of his gaze. Brock went to say something, but Jasmine shook her head and began listening too.

Li glanced over at the next table, and two women were listening intently with wide smiles. Li had no concept of good or bad music, so it was just noise to her. She was going to tell them to shut it off but stopped when Jasmine touched her arm and pointed to Gary's face.

As the last notes played, the DJ came back on the air. "That was Selina Moreno's latest release, a brand-new acoustic version of her hit My Soul, Your Sanctuary. The identity of the hot new guitar player backing the beauty remains a mystery but damn, can he play! Rumor has it this live recording was made in an unnamed bar somewhere in the city."

Jasmine looked at Gary, whose expression was swinging between incredulity and anger. A light bulb went off.

"Oh my god! That was you playing!" she gasped loudly as he'd mentioned he played guitar for fun. The two ladies at the next table swung their eyes over to stare at them.

Gary came out of his daze and shook his head with a frown. The women instantly lost interest in what was happening at Gary's table.

He looked at Jasmine. "Would you please keep your voice down?" he asked sternly.

"It was!" Jasmine whispered, still louder than Gary was comfortable with.

"Yes, that was me, but I didn't agree to this recording or releasing it on the radio!" he insisted.

"You should sue and get paid a lot of money!" Li asserted.

Brock nodded with a smile. "I have to agree with Ms. Chang. Sounds like you have grounds for a lawsuit if you didn't sign a release."

Gary shook his head. "I signed nothing. It was an open mic night. Selina Moreno came in incognito, and I played one of her songs. I didn't know it was her until after. I didn't see anyone recording it, and they didn't tell me they had." He fumed a little. "That's too bad. I've lost some respect for Selina. I thought she'd be a little classier than this."

"Ooo! Listen to Gary! He's on a first-name basis with famous recording celebrities!" Jasmine teased. At Gary's brief scowl in her direction, she changed tactics. "Seriously though, you should sue. You could make some money, and we know you need that."

Her blunt acknowledgment of his financial crisis wasn't welcome, even though it was true.

"The only ones who profit from a lawsuit are the lawyers, regardless if they win or lose. I'd rather not get involved in that."

He picked up his books and put them in his backpack. It was time to head off to his after-school bookkeeping job, anyway.

The others stood as well. "Sue them until they bleed cash!" Li insisted, then walked away.

Brock laughed as he watched the departing woman. "I still have to agree with her." He waved and left as well.

Jasmine pouted up at the unhappy look on Gary's face. "I'm sorry your famous friend disappointed you like this." She pulled Gary into a hug, and he was distracted from the recording by the sudden surge of pleasure from being squeezed against her plush body.

He missed her thrilled smile as she rushed away, waving over her shoulder.

Gary pushed those delicious sensations out of his mind. He had work to do and money to make.

The honest way.

-=-

At the fitness club, Emma's boss, Dennis, watched her lead a class from the back of the room. He began making faces at her, and she struggled to keep from giggling into the mic she was wearing.

Finally, she went through the cool-down steps and released her happy class from the room.

When she approached the door to the room to follow them out, she saw Dennis was waiting for her just outside. She playfully punched his thick bicep for distracting her in class. He laughed as she shook her stinging hand.

He took her hand and inspected it for damage with a smile, then he kissed it gallantly as she blushed, pulling it away.

Shaking a finger at him, she set him straight as she smiled. "You shouldn't be flirting with me as I'm seeing Gary.

Dennis just shrugged with a smile. "I can't help it if my heart tells me it's the right thing to do."

She shook her head and tried to wipe the grin from her face as she exited the hall into the main hall with row after row of exercise equipment in use. The after-work crowd was in.

A song began playing over the sound system, and Emma gasped.

"What's wrong?" Dennis asked.

Emma listened to Gary's solo, and her face showed her shock.

Dennis saw her listening, so he paused to listen as well. "That guitarist is brilliant!"

"It's Gary," she said softly.

When Selina's voice came on, Dennis looked at her in surprise. "When did your boyfriend start playing professionally?"

"He didn't. The recording is a bootleg."

They listened for a while, and Dennis caught her eye again. "Gary should be making a career out of his playing."

Emma shook her head as she walked away with a troubled look.

She missed his frustrated look as she left.

She needed to speak to Gary.

-=-

When Gary got home from his part-time job, he was carrying a bag containing their dinner: a small, pre-cooked chicken with salad.

Emma sat across the small, two-seat kitchen table, and they ate their dinner, lost in thought. She watched Gary's face as he struggled with something.

"Did you hear that Selina Moreno released a recording of the song we did at Rocky's last week?" he finally said.

"Yes. It sounded surprisingly good for a bootleg, but I was surprised to hear it at all!" she said as she watched him.

He was nodding then he looked into her eyes. "What do you think I should do? Should I call Selina and ask her to pull it?"

Emma shook her head immediately, and he looked at her cautiously, so she explained. "It's like art. Or a Genie released from a bottle. There's no way to put him back in."

Gary smiled at her and snorted. "A Genie?"

She nodded happily, and her ponytail bobbed.

He held her gaze. "I think you're a Genie."

She grinned playfully as she folded her arms in front of herself and blinked at him. "Of course, Master."

Gary gave her a hungry look, and she began to giggle. Gary lunged for her, and she was out of her seat and racing for the bedroom.

Of course, she wasn't running too fast.

-=-

Emma enjoyed the warm tingly glow drifting through her body after their lovemaking as her mind floated free. Gary's guitar solo at the beginning of Selina's song began playing in her head, and she smiled at its almost ethereal beauty. She really hoped Gary didn't ask her to pull the music from the radio.

Gary's stomach suddenly grumbled, indicating he was hungry again. He'd probably burned off dinner with their energetic bedroom activities. This brought a smile to Emma's face.

They had no food in the fridge as they hadn't picked up groceries. That was a chore for Saturdays, which was tomorrow.

Dennis' comment about Gary playing professionally popped into her head. She knew Gary wasn't ready to play in front of a stadium of people, but he'd already recorded this tune.

"Do you think Selina would be willing to pay you for the song they recorded at Rocky's? It would help our income and help feed your always hungry tummy," Emma said sweetly.

He chuckled and gave her a squeeze but said nothing.

Emma decided not to push. The music was his.

-=-

Gary stared at the ceiling as doubt began to seep into his brain. He wondered if Emma had changed her mind about his music. He was embarrassed that they were living so close to their means.

Maybe... maybe it would be a good idea to give Selina a call.

Chapter 3

Selina was ecstatic and feeling more energized than she had in years. She was also enraged and embarrassed by what her manager had done and frustrated with herself for not getting Gary's phone number.

That divine experience she'd had at the small neighborhood nightclub, and her manager's sneaky trick, had dramatically launched her back into the spotlight, but now she was stuck.

She paced back and forth in her living room as she considered knocking on every door in a three-block radius of Rocky's.

When her cell phone rang, she screamed a little.

She frantically picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hi, am I speaking to Selena Moreno?" Gary's voice asked.

"Oh my god, Gary! Thank you for calling! I'm so sorry I forgot to ask you for your number so I could call and explain what happened!

"Yeah, I was surprised and a little disappointed when I heard the song on the radio. I didn't expect you'd do that," he said a bit stiffly.

"I also wasn't aware of the recording until it was played on the radio. My manager made the recording and fast-tracked it to the stations. I'm so sorry they did that to you, but Gary, I can't say I'm sorry people got to hear it. This version of the song is pure magic! It's better than the original!"

Gary's voice indicated he was surprised by her words. "Th-that's kind of you to say."

"I'm not being kind. It's my song, but with you playing behind my vocals, you made me find emotional levels the original never captured. You did that! Now, there's been a huge resurgence in interest in my music, but the tone of the new version is so different from what I'm used to. I desperately need your help," she pleaded.

Gary was silent for a moment, then his voice returned. "I love music. I taught myself how to play, and for me, it's my happy place, where I go to escape the pressures and worries life throws my way. People tell me I should monetize it, but if I do, I risk adding it to the very things it frees me from. I discovered early on that I get bad stage fright. I play for Emma and sometimes my friends. I've been going to Rocky's for open mic night as a therapy to help me fight against that sensation of panic. Typically, Rocky's has maybe a dozen people in it, all regulars, so the night we met was an anomaly for me. I coped then because Emma was with me, and I closed my eyes and surrounded myself with the music. The idea of playing before the kind of crowds your level of talent draws completely unnerves me. I'm sorry, I'm just not up for it."

Selina's mind scrambled for anything she could do to convince him to play with her again, then it struck her. She needed to learn his new sound, and she didn't need to do that on stage. If she could jam with him, maybe even do an album, she could pick up his style or at least enough of it to give her music the new edge it needed.

"Gary, would you be willing to do a studio album with me?" he asked.

She caught him by surprise again. "Uh, what? What does that entail?" he asked.

"We'd get together and jam. Try out some songs, maybe even write a few new ones. Then we take them to a studio and record them professionally. That would help me learn how to bring out the levels of emotion your playing does for me," Selina explained hopefully.

Gary was quiet for a moment as he absorbed that. "I-I could probably do that. There wouldn't be a big number of strangers involved, right?"

Selina was doing a little dance in the living room. "No! It would be a small number of very good friends!"

"Okay, that sounds fine," he said with more confidence.

She danced a circle around her coffee table. "Could you and Emma come to my place tonight for dinner? Greg and Stefano will be there to talk about the contract stuff. I rely on them for this. Then maybe we could do some recording on Sunday?"

"I actually work on Sunday afternoons reviewing the books for a few local businesses, ensuring their bookkeeping is correct, and recently I've been doing some auditing. If you need an accountant. I'm your man!" Gary joked.

"I might consider it if you promise to keep playing with me," she teased.

Gary laughed. "Give me the time and the place, and we'll see you tonight."

She made him write down the address, and they hung up.

"EEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Selina squealed and bounced on the couch.

She hadn't felt this hopeful in years! Fresh music with deeper emotions were about to come into her life.

She quickly dialed Stefano.

"Mancini," he answered.

"Stefano! Gary called! He was pissed about the bootleg, but he said he'd be willing to do a studio album with me!"

"That's wonderful!" the man gushed. "I'm glad he came to his senses."

"We're getting together at my place at seven. Bring a contract for Gary tonight." She decided to tease Stefano. "And bring a contract for hiring Gary as an auditor as well."

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Stefano yelled. "He's nineteen! How can he even have auditor certification!"

"Stefano! I was just kidding! He's such a serious young man he said he couldn't do a recording on Sunday because he was working as a bookkeeper and doing auditing. Geez, it was just a joke."

"It wasn't very funny as it hurt my feelings. Our relationship was built on mutual respect and trust--"

"I'm sorry, Stefano. You'll be there?"

"Yes, I'll be there, with a musician's contract. Bye."