All Comments on 'By the Book Ch. 01'

by alsgal

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
aliaspeterjaliaspeterjalmost 19 years ago
Some encouragement

The bits about the weather are quite amusing.

On another note, writing is tough and thankless, so here's a note of encouragement, keep going, as long as you enjoy your writing and it brings pleasure to yourself and even one reader, you are a success -- if you can manage it, just making yourself happy is enough, but I admit I'm a bit slutty for praise.

Unfortunately, there is a silent throng of readers that will enjoy your work and never say a word. So let my enjoyment speak for theirs and remember there are probably ten people behind me who feel as I do, but will never say a word.

I hate to give advice in a note that's purely supposed to be about encouragement, but I find most comedy I've seen/read is heavily rooted in hyperbole. It's easy to get into a comic riff when you start blowing things out of proportion and take things way beyond rational sense. Don't worry if you take it too far, that's what editing is for.

Good luck and keep writing,

-aliaspeterj

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
I'm not sure!

Hi! I'm not quite sure whether (5th usage)I like this or not. But I am looking forward to reading more. Thank you.

As to publishing. For fewer headaches, hearbreaks and mind shattering developments. I recomend that you novel be a single fle. That way you can print it with far more ease and effeciency than my own nightmare. 21 chapers, 21 files. I can'r seem to find a way to make it a single file in Mistosot Word. A .doc file system! So now that your that much the wiser. Good luck and keep going!

Gene

ggilliam@mcn.org

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous