All Comments on 'Byrd and the Bees'

by ReefBeach

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Not a lot of writers ...

write about ancient music, even on a pr0n website. You've done it and I'm really glad you have. This is a great story. I'll be reading everything you've written in the next couple of days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Loved it!!

I love the classical music references!!! Really dead-on about Byrd and quam polcha es... Just yes!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Musical Fun!

Loved the references to music and the play on both their names. Fun and gentleness made for a lovely story. Well done!

ReefBeachReefBeachalmost 9 years agoAuthor
My thanks

for the kind comments; I didn't realise the depth of my readers' knowledge. I'm also glad someone noticed the names - I choose all my names very carefully.

I will now try and work another story involving classical music... I had a friend who used to live with his lover in the bell-tower of an old church...

ag2507ag2507over 8 years ago
Nice story too

Wasn't thrilled by the puns but I suppose it works in a nerdy sort of way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I didn't know all your references but why did google buy youtube

Once I read your Bach, Elgar and Pachelbel I had to read all your other submissions.

This one was just as delightful.

Thank you again (and again)

D.S.

ReefBeachReefBeachover 8 years agoAuthor
You're welcome

I enjoy the writing, even more so with the feedback. The Dunstable line really happened to a friend (long before social media, so no record.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
First time?

I've read a few of your stories now, and absolutely love them. Have you tried to get published?

First time? Maybe "first time in a long time", or "first time since my spouse died many years ago". Both characters feel as though they are in their 50's, if not their early 60's, but I missed any specific age references . You can tell they both know they are headed for something beautiful and wonderful, and not just hammering hearts and loins.

Again, I very much enjoy your stories, and will read all of them eventually. And with your recommendation, I will also go find Byrd and his Masses and give them listen. (I love classical music, but my knowledge and understanding....)

ReefBeachReefBeachalmost 6 years agoAuthor
It was meant to be!

The characters are modelled on me & a few friends when we were in our 20s, so yeah, virgins.

Whatever; I'm really glad you enjoy my work, which I haven't dared try to get published!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
It was a lovely story...

...except for their names!!! Let me guess— their first-born son will be named Kyrie, and their daughter Gloria, right?

[And yet I’m saddened to think about all the readers who failed to catch your joke...]

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userReefBeach@ReefBeach
132 Followers
I want to write and read interesting, believable stories, although a touch of humour or the bizarre will usually help! Most importantly, I want to respect my characters. I see too much disrespect in the sex we see around, especially for women.