Cabin Fever: Lovechild

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Things between them had been weird ever since she'd slept with him. Marcy's response had been to maintain a measure of distance between them, especially after it turned out that their one night stand had gotten her pregnant.

Even though their estranged relationship had begun to thaw in recent weeks, they were still a long ways from being close friends.

Paul knew that the idea of him becoming involved in her life would be uncomfortable for her. But he also knew that she was desperate to have someone by her side during the numerous daunting trials ahead. Nobody could commit to that role more dependably than he. Nobody had a greater incentive.

The only question was whether or not he would be able to push past Marcy's resistance, and convince her that they would be much stronger, facing the future together than they would be apart.

Paul suspected that, deep down, Marcy actually wanted to open up a relationship with him. Otherwise, why would she have suddenly started saying, "Hello," to him, around the campus?

Paul guzzled the last of his tepid coffee, chucked the cup in the trash and, with a snort of determination, marched off to start his day.

"That's it! I'm gonna do it!" he decided. "I'm gonna talk to her!"

He and Marcy both had classes in the morning. But that afternoon, he would find her and have a real discussion with her about his role in her and the baby's lives. He would be firm, yet respectful; honest, yet considerate.

No sooner had he made the decision when pins and needles began to dance across his thighs, and a knot of apprehension settled in his gut. The prospect of having a frank discussion with Marcy about their situation had always been scary. Paul tried to soothe his nerves by reminding himself that, no matter how the conversation went, he had nothing to lose.

His dearest wish, of course, was that Marcy would consent to starting a formal relationship with him, and that they could begin their journey as parents as a common-law man and wife. But he wouldn't push her any further than she was willing to go.

He would meet with her. They would talk. Then, he would just see where things went from there.

The End