Caleb 89 - Shooter

Story Info
A shooter in the school.
10k words
4.85
6.5k
22
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PastMaster
PastMaster
1,463 Followers

Caleb 89 - Shooter.

The guy with the guns slid off to the side of the door, putting his back to the wall just beside it, presumably so he wouldn't be silhouetted against the door and make for an easy target. He looked around the room.

"You," he pointed to one of the girls sitting by the window. "Close the blinds."

I looked at the windows. There were blackout blinds installed for use when the lecturer wanted to present using the projector. For a second she didn't move, but when he pointed his weapon at her and shouted "MOVE" she stood up and started to obey. The room darkened but it was still light enough to see everything that was going on.

I still couldn't believe that I wasn't able to see him with my powers, but was determined not to make the same mistakes I'd made last time. I wasn't armed, so the option to shoot him wasn't there, but I still had my non-mental power, TK. There was a lot I could do with that.

However, I still had to maintain my anonymity. I didn't want to reveal myself to the entire class of students. Dana looked at me a question in her eyes. I gave her a reassuring smile.

"Hi," said the professor, drawing the attention of the gunman to him.

The girl who'd closed the blinds had retaken her seat.

"Shut up," said the gunman and then looked around the room. He noticed that some idiot towards the back of the room had his phone out and was recording.

"Everyone," he said. "Phones on your desks in front of you."

For a moment nobody moved. Once more he pointed his weapon at a student. "NOW!!" he yelled and people started to move. I placed my phone on my desk, at the same time contacting my girls.

"There's a shooter in the school," I sent. "He's in my ethics classroom. I think he's alone, multiple weapons and multiple hostages. Call Dianna. Also, he's invisible to my powers just like Green. Stay safe, I love you."

I felt fear and concern from all my girls. I'd specifically excluded Arnie and Ness from the send. Neither of them needed to be distracted or upset by this just now. I wanted the other girls to know, firstly so that they could contact Dianna, and also so that they could keep themselves safe.

I looked at the gunman. Despite him being invisible to my Telepathy, Empathy, and Compulsion, I could see his Aura. It spoke of anger, fear, and loathing. Just who the loathing was for, I didn't know. Whether it was for himself, and the actions he was taking, or for someone or something to do with the school, that had caused him to take the actions in the first place. I had no idea.

My mental powers wouldn't work, but my TK worked fine. I could have easily taken him down, but I had two priorities right now. First to make sure everyone got out of this situation alive, and secondly to find out exactly how and why he was immune to my powers.

"You," he said. pointing to Dana. "Collect all the phones and put them on the desk there."

Dana glanced in my direction again as she rose, and started a route around the desks, picking up everyone's phones.

"Turn them all off," he told her.

It took her a few minutes, since there were so many, and they were all different makes and models. Eventually she'd managed, and there was a pile of phones on the desk.

"What next?" asked the professor levelly.

"Next?" he said, "Next I..." he stopped, having not got that far ahead.

"Next I speak to that asshole of a principal."

"The Dean?" asked the professor.

"Yeah him," he said. "And tell him exactly why I'm going this. Then, I'm going to show him that I'm not as stupid and useless as he said I was."

I could never imagine the Dean saying that someone was stupid and useless, but having seen the meeting with Sarah, I could imagine him refusing entry to someone who didn't meet the academic standard. I wondered if that was what happened here.

I also wondered exactly how he intended to show how 'not stupid' he was. I was certain it involved killing some of the students. That was not happening.

Since I couldn't connect to him with my mental powers, I decided to try Healing. Dianna had said that some people were born without the structures required for mental powers to 'connect' and in other cases they'd been damaged in some kind of trauma. I wanted to examine his brain to see if I could see anything in there that would give me a clue.

"Why don't you..." the professor said.

Almost without warning the gunman brought up his weapon and snapped a shot off at the professor.

I shoved the professor out of the way using TK, the bullet missing him. However, my shove caused him to lose his footing and trip over the small step up to the 'stage' his desk sat upon. He fell, banging his head on the edge of the desk, and was rendered unconscious.

I diverted my healing to him, noting he had a small fracture to his skull and a concussion. I fixed both easily but left him, unconscious, on the floor.

There were a few screams in the class, and he turned his gun towards the rest of the student.

"I thought you wanted to make a point to the Dean," I said. "You can hardly do that if you kill people before he gets here can you?"

He looked at me, pointing his weapon in my direction.

"Shut up," he said.

I smiled at him. I'd found it. He'd had some kind of accident, some kind of head trauma probably when he was very young. There was a tiny amount of damage to his brain, and I realized exactly how and why he, and possibly Green, had been immune to powers.

I also realized two other things. Firstly, that I could undo it, and make him just as susceptible to powers as everyone else, and secondly that I might be able to do this to other people, and make THEM immune to powers. The ramifications of that thought were, in themselves, mind blowing.

Making him susceptible to powers though, would probably take too long. I went with Plan B. Using my TK, I disabled both weapons.

"I'm guessing the Dean refused you entry, and you're pissed?" I asked him.

"He told me I should go to the Community College." He complained. "Said I'd be better suited there, that I was setting myself up to fail by coming here. He as good as told me I was stupid."

I could well imagine the Dean saying those things. He'd said virtually the same to Sarah. Fortunately, I'd been able to convince him that she had the means to improve.

"Would you mind if I checked the Professor?" I asked. "I think he took a hard knock to the head."

"I shot him," he said.

"I saw," I said. "But did you want him dead? He wasn't the one who told you you weren't good enough. In fact, I would guarantee that he would never have said that."

"Leave him be," he said. "I'm sure he's not going to be the only one hurting before the day's out."

I'd actually seen the Professor's eyes flicker. He was conscious, and I could tell he was evaluating the situation. He knew the gunman thought he was down and out, and so was waiting for an opportunity to act.

I measured the distance between the shooter and me. I was something like ten feet from him and seated. He was standing, his weapon in his hand, pointed in my general direction as we spoke. The rest of the class just stared.

"So what's your end game?" I asked. "When you've made your point to the Dean, how do you intend to get out of here in one piece?"

"What makes you think I do?" he asked a grim smile on his face.

"Oh," I said mildly. "So, this is a suicide mission. You'll never actually know if you got your revenge or not. You know that FBI and local police will not let the Dean any where near here, don't you?"

"What do you know about it?" he asked.

Slowly I reached into my pocket and pulled out my ID.

"Because I'm a consultant with the FBI," I said. "I work with them, and I know their protocols. Already the school will have been evacuated, and a perimeter created around it. Nobody, but nobody, will be coming anywhere near until the SWAT team gets here, which I guess will probably be in another five or ten minutes, depending on where they are. Then once they're in position, someone will try to contact you. Since there are no phones in here, they might try one of the student's mobiles, probably mine since they know I'm in here. BUT they're all switched off - so that's out.

"Best you can hope for is a sniper's bullet to the brain, and you're done."

"They can't see me." he said. "Remember, I closed the blinds."

There was a note of triumph in his voice.

"Ever heard of thermal imaging?" I asked.

"What?"

"Thermal imaging," I repeated. "They use the heat of people's bodies to see through things like closed blinds. They'll be able to see us, all seated, and you standing there. It will be pretty obvious who the one with the weapons is. I wouldn't worry though; you'll probably never even hear it coming."

I could see the wheels turning in his mind.

"They'll call your phone?" he asked.

"Most likely," I said. "If not, they'll probably work their way through all the phones in here until they find one that's working. I suspect though, since they know I'm in here, they'll try mine first."

"Which is your phone?" he asked.

"It's somewhere in that pile," I told him.

He took a step away from the pile of mobile phones.

"Come find it."

Slowly I stood up, and moved to the desk where Dana had placed everyone's phone. It took me a couple of seconds to locate mine.

"Turn it on," he told me.

I powered up my phone.

Now put it on the table.

I decided now was my chance. With a flick of my wrist, I threw my phone like a frisbee. Before he even realized I'd moved, it had shattered against his forehead, alongside a sizeable TK punch. His eyes crossed.

I hadn't remained still though, I followed the phone crossing the distance almost as fast, and slamming my palm into his gun hand, knocking the weapon free, I drove my fist into his solar plexus bending him double. A cross to the jaw and he was out cold on the floor.

A few seconds more was enough to disarm him completely and turn him onto his face, arms behind his back. I kept a knee in the small of his back to ensure that even were he to regain consciousness he wasn't going anywhere. I made sure he could breathe easily, and his injuries were not life threatening.

I looked at the rest of the students, who were all still seated, staring at me.

"Shooter neutralized. Can I get a hand in here please?" I sent to Mary, knowing that she'd be the one communicating.

"Would someone please open the door?" I asked. "It's kind of stuffy in here."

After a moment, Dana stood, and walked to the door, opening it. She squeaked in alarm, as she came face to face with a SWAT officer.

"FBI - Clear!" I shouted to the officer before they could move. Their eyes fixed on me, where I was still kneeling on the shooter.

"Shooter is down, weapons there," I pointed to where the Mac10, pistol, and the other weapons were placed together near the wall.

The team entered cautiously, looking around the room for more threats. I held up my FBI ID.

"We'll take him." It was a woman's voice. I moved out of the way, and they cuffed him.

"Anyone injured?" she asked.

"The professor took a hit to the head," I said. "I think he's okay though."

"I'm fine," the professor said. "He shot at me, but missed."

"How did you dodge so fast?" asked a student.

"I tripped," he said. "I didn't dodge. Just incredibly lucky." He looked at me when he said that, having felt my TK push him out of the line of fire.

Another officer picked up both weapons and took them out of the room. I picked up my phone and looked sadly at the smashed screen. He'd had a hard head. Jules was going to be mad at me. This was the second phone I'd damaged in less than a month.

Suddenly I felt someone grab me and before I knew what was going on Dana kissed me full on. We stood for easily several minutes, locked in our embrace, before she released me.

"That's for saving my life," she said breathlessly.

"I didn't," I started but she shook her head.

"All our lives," she said. "He was going to kill us all to make his point, and you stopped him."

I smiled at her. "Gracie would have been upset if anything happened to you," I told her.

She kissed me again, just a quick peck this time.

"I'm sure she'll want to thank you too," she smiled at me.

Someone cleared their throat. I turned to see the entire class staring at us, mouths agape. All the SWAT team had removed their helmets and balaclavas and the woman who'd spoken to me was standing beside me grinning.

"When you have a moment," she said, "can we take a statement?"

The students started to file out of the classroom past Dana and me. I was surprised when another girl, who I'd barely spoken to outside of the ethics class also came up to me.

"Can I thank him too?" she asked. Dana stepped back with a grin, and I found myself once more in an unanticipated lip lock. It wasn't nearly as intense nor did it last quite so long, but she wasn't a bad kisser all things considered."

She stepped back and smiled at me before stepping out of the room.

"I need to.." I began.

"I'm not kissing you," a male voice said, "but thanks." He held his hand out. I shook it. I was surprised to note it was one of the kumbaya crowd who'd actually been involved in the protests to have me removed from school, following my shooting Green. He had the grace to look ashamed.

I was forced to endure several more handshakes, some hugs, and three more kisses before I was able to escape, following the female SWAT officer out to her vehicle. There was a senior SWAT officer standing by the van, talking to Dianna.

They both looked up as I approached.

"You okay?" she asked as I approached.

I nodded. "I need a new phone," I said showing her the remains of my device.

"EMT's are checking the perp over," she said.

"He'll be fine," I said.

"We need to get a statement," said the female SWAT officer. That surprised me. I'd expected her to hand me off to another officer, as all the rest of the students had been. She was insistent on taking my statement herself. When I finally looked at her, I noticed her Aura was a rich purple color. She had ulterior motives.

"What the fuck have you been up to now?" the voice from behind me caused me to turn around.

"Hey Debs," I said smiling. "What are you doing here?"

"When something like this happens," she said. "Everyone on shift gets dragged in. I'd not have bothered if I'd known you were involved. Let me guess, you talked him down and convinced him of the error of his ways?"

"Not hardly," said the SWAT officer. "He hit the perp in the head with his phone, and then knocked him out cold. He saved his entire class."

Debs shook her head. "You're full of surprises." Then she looked at the SWAT officer, and grinned.

"Speak to his fiancée's," she said. "Amanda's the best one to talk to. If you want a piece of him, you have to go through them. It's well worth it though."

The SWAT officer looked from Debs to me. Then surprisingly she blushed.

"I wasn't..." she began.

"Okay then," said Debs. "You want I should take over and take his statement?"

The SWAT officer looked torn. "No, it's fine," she said. "I got it."

Debs turned to me. "Be gentle with her," she said. "Her last boyfriend was an asshole."

"Hey!" said the SWAT officer. "It's not like that."

Mary and Amanda chose that moment to pitch up.

They both embraced me, each giving me long kisses.

Debs looked between them. "Damn, I still can't tell you two apart."

"I'm Amanda," said Amanda. Debs grinned at her.

"Natalie there wants a word," she said. Amanda looked at the SWAT officer quizzically for a moment, and then she grinned.

"Oh yes, that would be fine," she said.

Another pair of arms slipped around my waist as Jules arrived.

She looked up at me. "Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm sorry Jules," I said. "I broke my phone again." I showed her the offending device.

"So I saw," she said. For ease of explanation, I'd shared the memory with them all, again aside from Ness and Arnie. I'd do that later.

"I'll forgive you this time," she said reaching up to kiss me. "It was for a good cause."

I spent the next twenty minutes talking to Natalie, telling her what I could about what had happened. Obviously, I left out any mention of powers.

"Can I get your number," she said, "in case I need any further information?" she added hastily.

I handed her one of my cards.

"Hypnotherapy?" she asked. I nodded.

"I do all kinds of things," I told her, and saw her become even deeper purple. It appeared that being 'mind controlled,' seemed to appeal to her.

I saw people milling around outside the school, the police having evacuated the entire building. My ethics professor was standing by, apparently waiting to speak to me.

"Caleb," he said as I walked over to him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm alive," I said quietly. "Again, thanks to you." He looked around to make sure we weren't being overheard.

"I felt you push me out of the way," he said. "I'd have been shot otherwise."

"You tripped," I said, "then banged your head. It's no wonder you're mixed up about what happened."

He shook his head.

"Okay," he said. "That must be it. Even so, I still owe you my thanks. You took him down, saving my life and the lives of all my students."

"Most of them are my friends," I said. "Some of them are assholes, but that's not a capital offence. Hopefully they'll grow out of it."

He laughed at that.

"Don't bet on it," he said. "But at least they have that opportunity. They might not if you hadn't acted.

"SWAT wouldn't have let him do too much damage. They'd have taken him out the moment he started shooting."

"He already shot at me," he said.

"They weren't here then," I said. "He'd probably have gotten one or two shots off before he was neutralized."

"That's still one, possibly two people shot, maybe dead. Not only that, you saved his life too." He replied. I looked across the road to see a news van pull up. It was all over now, but I'd no doubt that they'd be talking to everyone and making a fuss.

"I need to go," I said. "I have a flying lesson in half an hour."

I made my way to my truck, letting everyone know that I was heading out.

"Dianna wants to talk to you," sent Mary.

"Is it urgent?" I asked "I have a lesson in a half hour. Can it wait until later? Offer her dinner."

I felt Mary's mirth. "You know the way to her heart," she said. "She says that she'll see you later."

I laughed.

When I arrived at the airport, Arnie rushed out to meet me.

"It's all over the news," he said. "There's been a shooting at your school."

"It's all over," I said, sending him the memory of what had gone on.

"Sarah's okay?" he asked.

"Did you think to ask her?" I asked him, amused.

He looked stunned for a moment. Then shamefaced.

"I forgot," he said. I saw him internalize for a moment, and then he grinned.

"Sarah says you're in trouble, with both her and Melanie," He said.

"What did I do?" I asked them both.

"You left before we could see you," Melanie said. "By the time we got to where you'd been, you'd gone."

"I'll make it up to you both later," I said. "Dianna's coming over for dinner, so I'll make something special."

I felt a quick conversation between them and Arnie and then Arnie grabbed me, pulling me into a hug.

"They told me to give you a hug from them." He grinned, then added. "It's partly from me too. When I saw the news, I was scared for you all."

"Someone check in with Ness," I sent. "If it's on the news, she might see it."

"Already done," Jules sent. "She hadn't seen it, since there's no TV in the kitchen but she says good job, you're an asshole, and she'll see you when she gets home."

PastMaster
PastMaster
1,463 Followers