California Dreamin Ch. 03

Story Info
Lesbian love story final chapter.
2.4k words
4.12
3.6k
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 09/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That next day, we met at her home and got comfortable out on the patio when Diane's husband had come home from his morning golf game. He didn't stay long as he was only home to shower and leave for his afternoon poker game.

It was a scorching summer day and Diane suggested we go swimming to cool off. She went into the house and I went over to the pool putting my toe in the water to check out the temperature. I was surprised that it was pleasantly warm and inviting. I grabbed my bag out of the car and went into the kitchen calling, "hello Di, are you upstairs?

"Yes, I will be down in a minute."

"I'm coming up to change," I yelled.

"OK. But only if you can behave yourself". She replied.

Bounding up the steps with my suit in hand I searched until I found her in her bedroom.

"There you are. Can I come in?' "Only if you stay 5 feet away from me".

"I'm not promising anything", I joked with her.

She scurried past me out of the bedroom and said, "I will meet you downstairs".

You can change in my bathroom".

I did as I was told and joined her out by the pool.

Getting a better look at what she was wearing, I said;

Wow! She had a see through cover up with a flaming hot two piece suit on. My Speedo was nothing to speak of as it was a one piece and certainly didn't reveal any of my good body parts. I dove into the deep end of the pool and came up in the shallow end holding onto the side as I watched her.

Laying her cover up on a pool chair, she walked down the steps of the pool and began to let the cool water engulf her body. I watched as she swam to the edge and emerged next to me to continue our conversation.

'So what are we going to do about this love triangle?' I asked her.

'There really isn't anything to do but what we are doing.' She said.

"What if he finds out? Will he ask for a divorce?'

' I doubt it. He probably would just forgive me and ban me from seeing you ever again.'

'Well, that isn't going to work', I told her.

'Lets not worry about him Barb. Let's just enjoy each other while we can', she suggested.

I swam over to her and let my toe touch her leg under the water. I still kept my distance but wanted to tease her a little. She played along grabbing my foot and rubbing it she said, 'Cut it out before the neighbors see!"

"Ok,.Ok. It's just hard being around you and not being able to touch you'.

"Well, try to control yourself." She scolded.

We enjoyed the pool for awhile and then retreated to the table to have lunch that she had prepared and had chilling in the fridge. I didn't want to make her nervous so I contained myself and didn't make any further sexual advances.

After a few hours of reminiscing about our past, we decided to meet for dinner at one of the restaurants at the edge of town. It was a place called The Bluff, which had fine dining and elegant décor. There was a hotel attached to the one side of the place that we planned on spending a few hours there after dinner.

It was treacherous to get to the place, but it was well worth the trip. You had to climb up a very steep cliff and keep your hazard lights on as you made your way around the narrow street that led to the top. Outside they had a gazebo that was lit up so that you could sit and have a drink while you enjoyed the view at the top of the mountain. It was a very romantic spot where many couples got engaged.

We took separate cars so that she could leave when she needed to. I had booked the room for the night and planed to stay over. She arrived first and joined me in at the bar for a drink before dinner.

When she sat down and started sipping her drink she told me Richard had come home and didn't want her to leave. She told him that she had made plans with me to meet for dinner, as he wasn't suppose to be home early. I could see that it was starting to happen and she was feeling squeezed between Richard and myself. I didn't think it would work out, as she would have to juggle both of us and share her time between us. It had only been a few days and already she was stressed out and confused.

Before sitting down for dinner, we had a few more drinks. She seemed hell bent on getting tipsy, as she didn't want to deal with the love dilemma she was stuck in the middle of.

I tried to make her slow down, as we hadn't had dinner yet and the drinks were going straight to her head. Finally, our table was ready and we retreated into the dining room.

She didn't eat much and found it hard to walk out of the restaurant to the outside patio without leaning to one side. I grabbed her arm and guided her through the patio doors. We sat in the chairs and talked about what she was going to do about Richard. She admitted that she loved me more and wanted to spend her life with me and not him. She was willing to give up all the things that came with Richard and wanted an easy divorce without any drama.

As she contemplated her next move, she blurted out, "What are we going to tell our kids?" "Nothing. We will just tell them that we got reacquainted and wanted to stay in eachother's lives".

"Ok. but they are going to know whats going on. I know they will."

"Who cares?' I told her. "Things are different now a days, Di. It's more accepted than you think."

"I hope so. Do you think I'm making a mistake?

"What? Leaving Richard? Or moving in with me? I asked her afraid of what she might answer.

"Leaving Richard', she sighed.

"No. You are doing the right thing. You know in your heart you always loved me. It's time to end it with Richard." I told her.

"I guess you are right. Let's go to the room, I don't want to talk about it anymore".

With that we walked the short distance to the hotel lobby and went over to the elevators. Once inside the room, Diane kicked off her shoes and laid on the bed fully dressed, wasted from all the alcohol. Her brain was on overload and she needed a little time to sleep it off. I covered her with the edge of the blanket and turned off the bedside lamp. I kissed her forehead and went to the other side to lay down next to her wrapping my arm over her waist pulling her close to me.

It was predawn hours when I felt her stir, sit up and retreat to the bathroom. She came back a short time later shedding her dress and undies and slipped under the covers resting her head on the pillow.

I got up and used the restroom, throwing on a pair of PJs and got back into bed. I didn't want to ask her if she had to get home as I knew she had turned off her cell phone. Once she felt me getting back into bed she turned to me and threw her arms around my neck.

"I do love you, Barb"

"I know", I said and kissed her gently.

She didn't settle for just the cuddling as she began to run her hands under my pajama top caressing my breasts. Pulling my shirt up over my head she kissed me lightly and began moving her hips against my leg. I knew she wanted to make love to me. I didn't have to ask for her affection and for the first time I knew she was totally committed to being with me.

It was beautiful as we made love and held eachother till the sun came up. Before drifting back off to sleep she decided that she needed to get home before Richard woke up. Her plan was to sleep in the den and tell him she was too wasted to go upstairs. I didn't think it was a good plan, but she said he would believe her.

I kissed her goodbye and watched as she headed out the door putting the do not disturb sign on the outside doorknob. Smiling and full of contentment I drifted off to sleep for a few hours until suddenly, the phone on the bedside table started ringing.

"Hello?" I said sheepishly, thinking they had the wrong room.

"Is this Barbara?" the voice at the other end asked.

"Yes, who is this? This is Richard. I got a call from the highway patrol that Diane was in a car accident. I'm on my way to the hospital now. What time did she leave?" He asked.

"I'm not sure." I lied. "What hospital? Is she alright?" I yelled into the phone.

"I don't know. They wouldn't tell me much."

"OK. I will meet you there," I said as I hung up.

The words played out in my head. Why was he asking me what time she left? Did he think she had left the night before and they just found her passed out in the car? Was he questioning whether or not she had spent the night with me? I was delirious as I drove down the mountain to the hospital.

I made record time getting there before Richard. I parked in Emergency and ran inside asking the nurse where Diane was.

"Are you a relative?" she asked.

"No, but I'm her best friend! Is she alright?" I screamed at the young nurse.

She didn't answer me as that very moment Richard came barreling through the ER doors.

"I'm Richard Gordon. My wife, Diane was taken here by ambulance. Where is she? Can I see her?'

Richard looked over at me and didn't say a word. I followed him and the nurse down the hallway to the room Diane was in. Richard went to her bedside as I stayed at the doorway looking through the glass at the love of my life laying still and bloody on the hospital gurney. She had a breathing apparatus on her face and bandages around her skull.

Richard went to her bedside and picked up her hand kissing her. I couldn't hear what they were saying as I wasn't 'allowed' in the room. I watched as he openly sobbed as the nurse explained that Diane was in a coma and the doctor would be coming in to speak to him in a short while.

I was frozen at the window. I couldn't bring myself to enter the room. I knew she wasn't conscious and I didn't want to get into a conversation with Richard. I just watched as the doctor arrived and spoke to Diane's husband. Again, I didn't know what he was saying, but I knew it was bad. Tears began to stream down my face. It was like I was having a horrible dream and wanted to wake so that it would be over.

After a few minutes, the doctor left and Richard came out to talk to me.

"I don't know how much she must have had to drink last night, but she lost control of the car and crashed into a tree. No one found her until this morning but she lost a lot of blood. The doctor said he is waiting for the brain scan results but her brain isn't functioning. We will know more over the next few hours."

I didn't utter a sound. I just listened. Richard went back into the room and sat next to the bed. I leaned back against the wall and slithered down to the floor where I sat sobbing hysterically. I didn't want to accept the fact that she was dying.

The same act of fate that allowed us to get back together was now rearing it's ugly head and taking Diane from me and somehow I knew it would be for the last time.

That same nurse came over to me and helped into a chair in the hallway. She brought me a glass of water and tried to comfort me the best she could. After what seemed like an eternity, the doctor came back to the room and went in to talk to Richard.

The nurse went over to the blinds and closed them tight so you couldn't see into the room. "What's going on?" I asked the nurse who was sitting in the hallway with me. "I'm not sure", she said.

The doctor and nurse came out of the room and came over to me taking my hand and saying "I'm so sorry for your loss".

I was in shock. By the expression on his face and the look of the nurse who starred at the floor I knew she was gone. It just wasn't registering.

Richard came out of the room and over to me.

"You can go in to see her if you want", he said crying.

He saw how upset and shocked I was over what had happened and I think he actually felt sorry for me.

I shuffled into the room and sat in the chair next to her. They had removed the tube from her mouth and she was lying there perfectly still with no sign of life whatsoever.

I laid my head on her chest and sobbed. I told her I will always love her as I kissed her lips for the last time and left the room. I couldn't stay another minute knowing she was gone. I didn't want to remember what she looked like in those few minutes that I said good-bye to her. I was in denial. A few short hours before this we were holding eachother and expressing our love, and now that was all gone, forever.

I could go on and explain how devastated I was at Diane's passing, but it would serve no purpose. I know those who have read this story realize what a true love we had for one another.

The End