California Dreamin' Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My muscles took over as I turned parallel to the beach and began to stroke consistently. I switched through all of my forms. Breast stroke, butterfly, freestyle. It felt amazing to be moving through the water again. Kids splashing and yelling, a group of guys throwing a football... I whizzed past all of them. I paused to get my bearing, maybe another seventy-five yards. Finishing the distance, I guessed it was pretty well over a five minute pace. Not great, but not horrible.

I sloshed out of the surf and shook my hair out. A few attractive moms tending to their group of kids gave me a pair of overly friendly smiles as I walked past. Sloane looked to be asleep as I got back to the blanket. The exertion and cool water had helped reset my hormones a bit, but I still allowed myself a long stare at her barely covered body as I toweled off. I sat on the blanket and pulled her beach bag open. Thank you Sloane, I didn't even think to bring anything do drink. A large water bottle looked to be filled with lemonade and ice. I opened it and downed half the container. I smacked my lips and sighed.

Sloane roused and turned her head to look at me before donning funny expression.

"You didn't just chug that, did you?"

I flashed her a confused stare.

"That was half vodka."

I instinctively choked a bit, despite not having tasted the alcohol at all. "Oh shit..."

She laughed and reached behind her back to tie her bikini. "I guess the party starts now!" She sat up and took the bottle and gulped a good portion of the remaining liquid. "Here's to Tuesday!"

Leaning back on her arms, I now got to enjoy the frontal view of my roommate with benefits. I wondered idly if that was a common thing. Of course it's not, you idiot, it's a horrible idea. Who tries to sleep with their roommate? Old me was making his presence known. Only a few minutes passed before the vodka worked its way into my bloodstream. I began to take unabashed stares at her. Her perfect, barely-covered chest, her golden tanned thighs. Our hands began to roam as we talked and scooted imperceptibly closer on the blanket. Outwardly innocent at first, fingers intertwining, a touch on a knee or forearm. After a while I had reclined on my elbows and she had one leg over one of mine and walked her fingers up and down my smooth chest and stomach.

Somehow, the alcohol kept me from embarrassing myself and kept my shorts in the proper shape. Sloane appeared to be headed the opposite direction however, and began to more noticeably move her legs in slow, sinuous movements against me. Finally she pulled away and looked straight into my eyes.

"You wanna go in the water again?"

"Sure," I said, popping up. "You coming this time?" She nodded. I offered my hand and helped her up. We both wobbled a bit but got our footing before dancing across the hot sand toward the shore. I released her hand and began to run. "Last one in loses!"

"I can't run in this!" she called after me. "Jack, you twat!"

We splashed into the surf, giggling rather like the small children playing on either side of us. I slowed my pace, obviously wanting her to catch me. Sloane's warm body collided with me as she jumped onto my back. Fortunately I was already waist-deep and managed to stay upright.

"I still won!" I yelled, continuing out into he water. Another dozen steps with her happily clinging to me got us up to our necks.

"So what does the loser have to do?" she said quietly now, into my ear.

I grinned. "Whatever she thinks is an appropriate recompense for competing so poorly," I said pompously.

Using all four limbs, she rotated herself around in front of me, then locked her feet behind my butt. In the motion of her shimmying around my body, both tiny triangles of her bikini top shifted out of place. Her rapidly hardening nipples pressed into my round pecs as she held herself against me.

"I'll take that," I said plainly.

Sloane gave me a wink and kissed me. A few delicate seconds of sun-chapped lips, then lots of tongue. I held fast around her back, one hand on her neck and the other sliding south toward the back of her thong. Only a few seconds passed and I felt my cock spring through the confines of my waistband, the elastic holding it fast against my stomach.

She paused our makeout session, obviously feeling the extra piece of flesh sandwiched between us. "Ooh, somebody's excited," she whispered.

"Well, somebody is kissing me like a crazy woman and rubbing her perfect tits all over my chest."

Sloane gently bit her lower lip and stared into my eyes. "Oops." Without another word she adjusted her legs and scooted just a bit higher. She began to grind against my exposed cock, slowly using her leverage to thrust her hips up and down my midsection. I wouldn't have called the sensation pleasant, but the sensual expression on her face was more than enough motivation for me to let her continue.

"I'll stop if you want me to," she moaned quietly. "You just go me so horny on the beach... I probably shouldn't have had the rest of that lemonade." Sloane wrapped her arms over my shoulders and pulled us even closer together.

Out of my peripheral vision, I caught the pair of moms up on the sand giving us dirty looks. Oh, so it's fine to eye grope me as I walk by, but not okay to get busy in the ocean with my... friend. I almost told Sloane that we were being watched and that she ought to be a little less obvious.

Her movements began to slosh the water between us, waves in the tiny lake that formed in the beautiful space between her breasts and my chest.

"Oh shit Jack," she whimpered, "don't move. Just..." Her tempo increased for a moment before her legs convulsed around me, her heels digging into my ass as our bodies shuddered together from her movement. Her rocking slowed and I felt her arms and legs loosen around me.

I grabbed firm handfuls of her ass and held her up as she went limp. The contented ooohhh she left in my ear nearly put me over the edge. Somehow knowing I participated in making her feel good sent my ego over the moon. I pulled her close to me again and just held her while her afterglow was whisked away by the cool ocean currents.

"So that's what you get for losing, huh?"

She lifted her head off my shoulder and looked at me. "I'm sorry, but after the sunscreen and the touching and all the... I just couldn't help myself. I needed that so bad. You're still all hard," she tutted. "I uh..."

"It's okay," I cut in. The thought of anything else happening in cold saltwater was unappealing."Maybe later." I grinned at her. "So you just... right?"

"Had an orgasm? Yes, Jack." Sloane used one hand to fix her bikini. "I'm sorry I didn't communicate very well with you. I'm a little drunk and a lot horny."

"You communicated enough that I managed to piece it together on my own. I'm glad I could be of service," I joked.

New me was on cloud nine. I just crossed some kind of barrier. She initiated contact, she wanted me. The equation had changed, maybe I was rising out of the friendzone? I just have to get her to see me like that, someone she could be with. Not just a roommate she thinks is cute. I wanted to lift her in my arms, carry her up the beach in front of God and everyone and plant my flag on her. In her. Fuck, I'm horny and drunk too. A decent remedy for both popped into my head.

I kissed her and gently peeled her body off mine. "I need to get my little friend to calm down so I can make it past the mom squad," I giggled, glancing beachward. "I'm gonna go for another swim. Why don't you go dry off and get ready to sunscreen me when I get back."

Sloane smiled and sighed. "You got it."

I kissed her again and spun around before diving into the surf. A little athleticism can't hurt, I thought, knowing with some certainty that she'd be staring at my barely covered ass as I stroked powerfully away.

Not twenty yards later and the water had calmed my heightened senses and overstimulated libido, getting me into the zen place that swimming always did. New me took the opportunity to intrude on quiet time. Keep going, show her what you're made of, stud. The gentle rocking of the waves and the fading cacophony of the beach activity propelled me further and faster.

My body told me I was nearly equal to my medal-winning pace as I continued away from land, cutting through the water like a knife. I paused as a yellow rope passed under me. Keep going, you got this. I pushed even harder, feeling my muscles burning.

At the same moment a different voice reminded me to save some energy for the return swim, I heard something, even with my ears in the water. I paused and flipped upright.

"Jaaaaack..." came a voice on the breeze. Maybe it was Sloane, maybe someone else. It was too faint to tell. "Stop!" A repeating, irritating noise continued as my head went under.

As I tread water, my left quad seized. Remembering my training through the fog beginning to cover my thoughts, I used my right leg to buoy my body to the surface and lay on my back. I shivered involuntarily as the water seemed to cool around me. I fought to stay on the surface, but the new coldness was pulling me under, forcing me away from the light. I pressed my lips together in a final effort to keep the air I had, to float. A spasm wracked my chest and I coughed a breath out, it's volume quickly replaced with hard, cold water. The shock turned my limbs into limp weight, not the powerful tools they'd been only seconds ago.

The rays of sunlight dancing in the water above me were beautiful, but growing terrifyingly dim. They finally winked out, or I closed my eyes. I couldn't tell.

* * *

The dream wasn't unpleasant. A bit strange, as dreams are, but she was kissing me. Hard. Wait, it's like she's trying to kiss her way in to me, does that make sense? Open your eyes, I think she's doing it... she's in my chest, it hurts!

RETCH. I coughed and choked at the same time. Whatever came out burned my throat and nose on the way up. My other senses began to reassert themselves. Why am I laying in... sand? I'm so cold...

"Keep going," said a voice, "I think you got one more in ya."

I forced my eyes open. The blinding light snapped them shut a few times before I could focus. I was on the ground, and there were people all around me. The closest two were kneeling. Sloane. A really big guy with a whistle around his neck. A lifeguard. My brain began assembling the pieces.

"There he is, welcome back buddy. Can you tell me your name?"

"Jack," I croaked out. "Jack Thornton the second."

The lifeguard laughed. "Well Jack Thornton the second, you got into a nasty riptide. That's what the ropes are for, just for future reference. You're lucky your girlfriend was watching you, she did most of the work."

"She's not—" RETCH. Another lungful of water came up and oozed into the sand next to me. I felt pressure on my hand and realized Sloane was squeezing it. "My girlfriend..."

"No more swimming today, I think," he added. "You okay dealing with him now?" I realized he was talking quietly with Sloane. "Okay folks, clear out then. Show's over."

I rolled onto my back and watched the small crowd disperse. My thoughts were nearly coherent again and a forced myself to sit up. My lungs still burned.

"Jack, thank god." She lunged and me and wrapped her arms around my chest. The warmth of her skin felt amazing against my cold clamminess. "You stay here, I'll run back and get the car."

"Bah,"I coughed. "I'm fine. It's like two blocks." Despite the sun and her body warming me, a cold, prickly pit began to form in my stomach. Shame. The memory of ten minutes ago came back, my ill-conceived plan to make her want to be with me.

"You just nearly drowned!"

I pulled away and planted a leg to stand. She reached out and helped me up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Jesus, I'm pathetic. Not only am I an idiot, I'm an idiot that needed rescuing.

"Alright." Sloane stayed under my arm as we trudged back toward our stuff.

She packed everything up and folded the blanket over her shoulder. She tried to duck under my arm again, but I pulled away and humphed louder than I meant to.

"I'm just trying to help," she said quietly.

"I don't need help, I'm fine!" I said again, louder.

"Jack," she said, stopping to look at me, "you just coughed up like a gallon of seawater. It's okay to not be fine."

I sighed and started back toward the boardwalk. I can't even look at her. I thought I would have been a bit happier with the alcohol still undoubtedly in my system, but I guessed something about the adrenaline counteracted it.

The further we walked in silence, the deeper I got into my own funk. I questioned every choice I'd made in the last month, especially the ridiculous idea that I could be some new person that everything just worked out for. New me is an asshole, I thought as I unlatched the gate in front of the house. I glanced backward, Sloane had fallen a dozen steps behind me and was staring at the ground as she walked. Some brief flash suggested I should at least hold the gate open.

Inside the entryway, the uncomfortable silence seemed to grow and almost physically push on me. We both stood, pointed at our respective corners of the house but remaining pensively still. I could feel the scowl on my face deepening. Sloane finally turned toward me and spoke.

"Can we talk?" she asked.

"Sure," I answered dejectedly. Here it comes.

She sighed and pointed at the bench in front of the kitchenette. I followed her and sat.

"Jack... god, where do I start? I've only known you for a while, but it feels like so much longer. I know that you're struggling, both being in a new place and trying to be a new person."

It's like she's reading my mind. Fantastic.

"I know what you're going through—"

"I doubt that," my mouth interrupted before my brain could stop it. She flashed me a pained look that instantly made me feel worse.

"Please, let me finish. I feel like I know both old Jack and new Jack pretty well now. And... there are pieces of both that are great and amazing! And..." her face fell and she glanced away for a moment. "there are pieces that could use some work."

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms. I was still cold.

"I know it feels easier to try and keep them separate, but it's really, really not. You know the parts I'm talking about... the part that forced himself to have an adventure and call a random girl on a flyer because he had nowhere to stay, and the part that wanted to let his mom teach him how to cook."

Jesus, how is she doing this? I felt like I was getting therapy that wasn't lie on a couch and tell me your problems. It was actually for me.

Sloane took my cold hands in hers. "Don't be old Jack or new Jack, just be you. Be honest with others, and more importantly with yourself. You don't have to reinvent your personality. If you wanna do something new, do it. If you want something, go after it. Sometimes you'll crash and it'll suck, but everything worth doing has some risk." She took a deep breath and stared warmly into my eyes. "Are you gonna say anything?"

My mouth hung open stupidly. Nothing I could eek out would help my situation. It was good advice, but I still was right here, right now. "I just feel so... pathetic."

"Because you had to get hauled out of the water?"

"Yeah," I said coldly.

"That's a funny way of saying thank you."

"I'm a trained swimmer!" The pressure in the back of my throat swelled and I my eyes started misting. "If you hadn't been there, I might have died!" I couldn't help the tears that began to roll down my cheeks. She lunged across the bench and held me.

"I bet it's at least two-thirds my fault," she whispered. "I'm sorry."

I pulled way and stared at her. "What?"

"I'm sure the vodka started the show, and then I'm guessing new Jack has some testosterone-fueled things to deal with."

"Oh." I leaned back into her and wiped at my eyes. "I guess that's fair." I forced my chest to stop heaving and sighed. "I still feel like such a wreck."

"You're probably half hungover, and feeling the crud you inhaled."

"Also fair, I guess."

"We're both sandy and sticky. I bet a hot shower and something to eat would help a bunch. Okay, and... I'm done mothering you, I promise."

I sniffed again. "God, Sloane... I don't deserve you."

"Yeah, probably not," she giggled. She stood and put a hand on my cheek before heading to the stairs "I'll see you when I'm out of the shower, if you want company."

I watched as she ascended, noticing for the first time since I regained consciousness on the beach, that she was in fact, still gorgeous. She flashed me one last look as she stepped out of view.

I slumped against the wall and let my thoughts swirl. She's right about everything, of course. Painfully hot, and smart, and sweet. Then there's me. I argued back and forth for what seemed like a long time. Am I really falling for her, or is this just part of the California experience? How do I know if anything is real? Is she actually attracted to me, or am I just convenient? The mental ping pong was exhausting.

I finally shook my head clear, then heard her voice replay in my head. 'If you want something, go after it.' Was that permission, or instructions? Or both? Hang on there, cowboy. This is a turning point. Don't be all macho and overcompensate, but don't give a weak handshake either. Sloane, I really like you and would fancy pursuing a relationship, whether just physical because we live in the same house, or more if you're amenable to such—

NOPE. Don't talk at her about it, show her.

I shivered involuntarily and began to feel the irritation of sand still stuck to my skin. The solution presented itself. I stood and balanced, then began up the stairs. I stopped briefly in the kitchen and grabbed a water, then picked up the pace as I ascended again. Hope I'm not too late. I barged into Sloane's bedroom, still hearing the soft noise of the shower running . I chugged the rest of my water and strolled into the bathroom.

I began to tiptoe, some juvenile part of my brain thinking it would be entertaining to startle her. I carefully opened the foggy shower door and prepared to say something clever, but she turned around and smiled like she knew I was there all along. She grabbed my hand and pulled me in. After what seemed longer than it was, her face changed to a sweet, longing expression I hadn't seen.

"I hoped you'd come."

I didn't even the the chance to ogle her fully uncovered form. I only got a glimpse of her smooth, wet hair draped down her shoulders, darker than the light blonde it was normally. Sloane wrapped her arms around me and pulled us under the shower head. The combined heat from the water and her body pressed against me was heavenly. I shivered a few times as my temperature regulated, but was quickly transported to another could die happy right now moment. I tilted my face up into the spray and let it begin to wash away the earlier unpleasantness. She rested her head on my shoulder and just stood with me.

For a few minutes, there was nothing sexual about our togetherness. Aside from her perfect breasts flattened between us, I could have been simply holding an old friend that needed the physical contact and soft, warm reassurance. Except that it was me, I was the one that needed something. I gladly let her take that responsibility, I'd already somehow quieted what would have been new me's objection to being vulnerable and disarmed, especially here and now.