Callsign Amarok Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Staring at the coated metal and back to his disabled enemy. Orion wrapped the tags around his fingers as he retook a good hold of his ice axe.

Dazed from the mortifying experience, Sköll could only watch as a reaper brought down a scythe and slice.

His vision blacked as the last thing he saw was a black wolf.

The Alpha was dead.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 40 Angst And Presentation

"Where did he take him?" A guy asked, standing in front of Dan.

"He's uh..." A teammate helped him out by answering.

"Wherever he goes and doesn't tell us to follow. We listen. Trust me, whatever's happening out there, you do not want to see it." Tim shared a disturbed but understanding look with Dan and Pac.

The villagers also shared a glance with each other and waited for them to come back.

As they had wished for, 3 individuals revealed themselves from the shadows. Bringing along a bloodied corpse and putrid scent.

"Augh christ.. the hells that smell?" Dan studied his team leader with bare hands coated in something he couldn't even describe.

Orion tossed the body of the deceased onto the village grounds and went to his gear. It laid by Pac's feet and he wiped sweat off his forehead.

"Are you finished?" The pilot asked and received nothing in return.

"For now... Now we have more pressing matters like where we are and where we stand." Retrieving a pack of wet wipes and cleaning off stuff from his hands, arms and face.

"Is he..?" A familiar lupine passed the blockade and went up to the corpse, staring before taking a wobbly step back.

"Dead." Fenrir strode up to the body, delivering Orion an approving but wary nod.

More lupines went up close and studied the body, backing away from it after thorough inspection. Their eyes locked onto Orion, Avery and Aurora, who was a bit light headed.

Majority of their focus and stares were aimed at one human in particular. Worrying if he was just another Sköll or worse. Those were the few but most were relieved to see their enemy forever asleep, unable to taunt them again.

Aurora wanted to say something comforting and approached. Scurrying of little feet paused her advance.

Orion turned around and glanced at a kid rushing him. She was the one who Sköll had targeted. The small child ran up to Orion and hugged his legs while crying hysterically.

"T...tt..thank you..f..for avenging my...papa." Expressing her appreciation under the steady flow of tears and sobs.

Orion, glad that Sköll went with a proper send off. He leaned down and hugged the child, stroking her head. The kid began bawling more from being held.

The mother burst out from the crowd and locked in on Orion like he was a beast. Her eyes then went to her child, catching the human carefully comforting her. She relaxed and her expression softened a tad.

Orion pulled the child from his embrace forward.

"You need to be strong for your mother and your pack. Help your mom whenever she needs it and take care of her."

She sniffed in mucus but kept crying.

Orion turned the child back to her mom and gave her a gentle push towards her family member. She zipped back around, and hugged him again.

"I...I don't want you to go...please stay... don't let the monsters come back again.." The Phantom hadn't realised what it meant to have a child who've given their trust so haphazardly.

This little girl ran straight into his arms and broke down without a care for how dangerous he was. Orion felt a gentle tug in his heart and sensed a protective nature over the child.

All he could do in the moment was hold her in his arms. His eyes were uncomfortable but he dismissed the burn as exhaustion from not sleeping. Something trickled down as he kept patting the kid.

"Be strong for your family." Whispering so only the little girl could hear.

The mom walked up to Orion and waited for him to release her daughter. Aurora placed herself next to the female lupine, studying her mate's tender side.

He finally realized everyone was watching and unwrapped the kid's arms from around his neck. She tried reattaching herself but failed from strong arms placing her's together.

Orion passed her along and received a silent 'Thank you' from the mom.

Aurora watched tears fall from her mate's weak eyes. Instincts flinched at any sudden movement, but both human and wolf soul pleaded, begging for understanding that their mate did what was necessary.

A moment later she relaxed and wrapped herself into his body. Embracing him in a warm hug.

"I have to speak with my father. Are you.. ok?"

Orion rubbed away at his puffy eyes and peeked down at his gear.

"I will be... thanks for hugging me." Aurora felt his vulnerability and kissed him. She tasted his blood but wanted to show her appreciation for him doing something that wasn't asked of.

Risking himself to fight for her pack, her people and her pride.

The she-wolf placed her forehead on his and whispered.

"I am yours as you are mine. Luna paired us as true mates." Kissing again.

"Wherever this takes us, I will never leave you." She breathed in his mouth.

Orion considered himself bonded to her for the next long while.

"Ha.. but you need to go to your father." He smiled softly.

Aurora looked away in embarrassment.

"I will see you soon." Winking and abandoning his embrace.

Orion peered at Aurora, still wearing his cloak and glanced furtively at her butt. Those wide hips swayed from side to side in a way he felt biologically tempted. He blushed, turned around and fitted everything back on.

After doing so, the Phantom sheathed his axe and reclipped.

"Damn she's got you wrapped." Also receiving a lent tanto from Avery.

Orion ignored the tease and inquired about their supplies.

"Our ammo?" He held his helmet and headset after putting on his bag.

Tim took a step and gestured at boxes laid between multiple wolves.

"They took care of it."

Orion gave a curt nod to wolves who remained steady.

"Alright, let's get set up somewhere and start securing. We...ow.." As the Phantom applied more pressure on his injured leg, it gave out and he took a knee.

Dan, and Pac held out a helping hand for Orion to stabilize himself.

"We saw that kick to the knee, I'm surprised you're still standing." Dan commented.

"I'll take your bag. Keep less pressure on that knee." Avery took off Orion's bag and held it.

2 wolves and 3 men came up from behind gesturing for the team to follow.

"Our Alpha has told us to guide you to the cabin." One shared a respectable nod with Orion.

The Phantom searched for Fenrir, who gave a nod as well.

"Alright, lead the way."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 41 FOB-Forward Operating Base

The fireteam and supply wolves passed through the village without further incident, reaching an unoccupied cabin on the outskirts of the territory. It was spacious enough for the team and had plenty of room for their equipment. There were 6 individual rooms for each soldier and a small communal area near the front door.

It was built oddly like an army barracks.

Dan and Tim stored spare munitions in the spare room and each of the team members took their gear into separate rooms. Leaving most of their equipment back in their allocated spaces. Eventually coming out, regrouping in the communal area, wearing combat fatigues, holstered sidearms and carrying their backpacks.

Dan, Pac and Orion sat down in wooden chairs. Rolling up his dirty pants, the Phantom retrieved cold medical spray for his knee and applied the cooling agent to a swelling injury.

Dan was messing with a headlamp and switched it on to dim, giving light to the room.

"Pac...your co-pilot is KIA." Pulling out tags from his pants pocket and placing it on the table.

Drake could only stare at the name plates before reaching out to grab them. He held them and studied the imprinted name.

"Where did you get this?" He asked while squeezing the chains.

Orion shook his head and informed the pilot of his options.

"I can tell you, or you can ask Avery." Pac peeked up at the other individual in the room before confirming his choice.

"Orion, I've known you for a long time. There's a reason why I'm still following you around."

"It's not because I trust you, it's because you don't bullshit me."

The Phantom peeked out a dusty window.

"Does everyone else want to hear? It won't be pleasant." The blonde shook his head and waved for Orion to get on with it.

"When I got hit, it wasn't because of hesitation or flashbacks to wherever shit hole I survived. He said that John tasted delicious and he wanted to try all of you." Orion observed the team, lanced in abhorrent disgust.

"Jesus christ..." Dan and Tim shared a shocked look while Avery frowned with shut eyes.

"After disabling him I dragged his sorry ass into the forest, away so the rest couldn't see. I sliced him with the ice axe and did a little autopsy report." Pac stared at Orion while the rest were a bit uncomfortable with the gruesome details.

"Stomach contained meat, fur, bone fragments and human hair...along with that dog tag." The Phantom watched the blonde's face squinting.

"Did anyone else know about it?" He asked and Orion shook his head.

"The wolves we killed back at the crash site were all of them. I'm guessing... the human flesh was consumed a day ago. John must've woken up before any of us and tried to locate us. Instead, he ran into him." Everyone remained silent as their Phantom informed.

"Guess?" Pac asked, wishing that he hadn't told Orion to tell him of his friend's horrific encounter. Nonetheless, reassured to know how he'd died and found a bit of peace in knowledge.

Orion waved at Avery to follow-up on the pilot's concern.

"Amarok stomped a magazine into the dude's mouth and broke his teeth in. He was awake even through the... surgery. A slice to the neck with that ice pick did the trick." Avery shivered as he recounted his team leader's deserving treatment.

"Also...that girl who stuck to Orion like a bandaid. She didn't flinch at all. Only taking a step back from the smell." Pac looked up at Avery, who stood against the wall.

"She must've hated him more than I do right now." Both nodded to each other.

"I wouldn't blame you if you start hating werewolf guts right about now." Tim added from the opposite of Avery.

The blonde huffed and shook his head.

"I...can't, it's the same with people. Humans I mean. Man does it fucking...urgh.." Pac coiled his face, attempting to dislodge an image of how his co-pilot must've endured before dying. Drake hadn't known John for long but considered him a friend. Not as close as the rest but respected and held him in high regards.

"You aren't holding them in contempt?" Orion asked quietly from his chair and observed the pilot's growing headshakes.

"No. Like I wouldn't blame a certain black guy for stealing my girl." Pac settled, eyeing up Tim. Getting strong reactions from both twins.

"Fucking hell." Dan shook his head and covered his mouth from breaking out in laughter.

Avery smiled and averted his gaze from Tim.

"I..I didn't know! Shit, are you still holding that against me?" Tim took a step towards the table, truly worried about their relationship breaking down.

"Yeah Tim, it's not her fault for contracting jungle fever hahaha!" Dan tried to hold it in but gave out. His brother chuckled quietly from a corner in the room.

"Crazy bastards." Orion mumbled.

It's not that the team was insensitive to losing someone. It was because the team was accustomed to dealing with casualties or fatalities. Numerous battles they've experienced in the past hardened them physically as well as mentally. Sooner or later, maybe it would take a toll on their minds and bodies. But they were living in the moment, otherwise be consumed by wallows.

Also helpful that they were surrounded by friends rather than strangers, sharing a brotherly bond with one another also helped. Remaining alone was coping but remaining alone with your own thoughts was dangerous.

Orion learned that the hard way.

Tim was hopeless in convincing the pilot to change his mind and switched on Avery for assistance.

"Hey, help me out here."

Avery walked behind Pac and gave the blonde a shoulder pat.

"Now that was good man. Way better than whatever dinner plan you had back at the field." Setting another hand on Pac's other shoulder and shaking lightly.

"Haha.. thanks Avery. Just like teasing our hopeless romantic here from time to time." He high-fived Avery up top.

"Fuck sake, don't encourage him!" Pac broke in mild giggling and waved to Orion.

"Hey Amarok, don't end up like Tim here, or Avery and I'll tease the absolute shit out of you hehe!"

From that statement, Tim zipped on the Phantom.

"Y..yeah what about him?! He was ridden out of his mind, raped! And we just let it happen!" The gunner gestured at Orion repeatedly.

"Bro, we were just following orders. Remember what he said? 'Oh look away' not 'get this crazy werewolf off me'." Dan blurted out which got Orion to chuckle.

"Wait, why did you let her do that to you?" Tim asked, which silenced everyone swiftly.

Orion stared at Tim, contemplating on an appropriate answer and opted honesty.

"When she was on top of me, my body felt light and warm. I don't know how to explain it. It just felt right." Orion replied.

"Was it in here or just your dick?" Pac inquired as he tapped a finger over his own chest.

"I was.. I don't know... like I belonged to her and she belonged to me."

Avery and the pilot shared a glance with each other. Then Pac looked back at Orion with a smug expression.

"Phantom might be in love. That warm fuzzy feeling is you adoring her and wanting to keep her close. Don't deny it. All of us heard your confession when you were packing magazines. It was genuine and when she looks at you with adoration, I can almost feel cat-like vibes coming off her." Pac claimed.

Orion was silent and mused to himself.

"How can you love someone at first glance?"

Pac sighed. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

"In my opinion, at first sight it's usually lust and she demonstrated just that."

"I agree, at first I thought so too but she kept close like a tether. You look genuinely happy when she's around."

"You're...right. She did feel terrible when I snapped at her and she still stuck by me after." Orion sighed.

"You have something good going. Don't take it for granted."

"I won't, thanks Pac, you're always good with relationship advice."

"You're just realizing? He's been helping Dan, Tim and me hook up with chicks for the longest time." Avery interjected with disbelief.

"Don't thank me just yet Amarok. We still need you as lead man in the group. Hell, you've gotten us this far without...yeah. Still need that insight and leadership, hearts and minds and all that shit." Pac finished.

"Wait, wait just a minute. You're telling me I'm 'hopeless' while passing down some insight to him? Literally zero knowledge of getting a girl within 10 miles of himself." Tim retorted.

"Thanks for throwing my ass under the bus gunner." Orion sighed in an exhausted manner, while elevating his leg up on another chair.

"What do you know about her?" Avery inquired.

Orion examined his knee and was relieved to see minor bruising on surface level. He applied more cold spray and looked at everyone else.

"Well... her name's Aurora, 25 years of age, no siblings, no grandparents, just a father and uncle. Zane, the one we helped Pac? Is her uncle and Fenrir is her dad. She's next in line after her father and we've also exchanged verbal vows too." Citing all the collected information as if building a case profile for a VIP.

"Y..you got her age?!" Tim exclaimed.

"Yeah..? Is something wrong?" Orion massaged his knee.

"That's a lot more than I expected. He's better than you Tim! Got the girl's age from the source!" Dan caught his teammate glaring at him.

"You little..." A banterful scuffle ensued.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 42 Visitor

Once Tim and Dan separated from their little battle, they were ordered to retire to their rooms for some rest, including Pac.

All except Orion and Avery, who volunteered to stay up and keep watch. After checking that rocket tubes and munition boxes were secured they went returned to the lounge. Orion began weapon maintenance on all of his guns after his knee stopped swelling. Avery had just finished cleaning everything and started heating up an MRE.

After a while Orion finished and went into his room to sort out gear. He strapped the M32 to his bag and placed the unloaded ACR on a table.

His room had a decent sized bed, a wood table and chair that matched with it. There was a window that he could look straight out of that revealed forest and bits of sky.

He stared at 2 moons that placated themselves in the air.

'Maybe this is all a dream?' He mused, returning to Avery back in the lounge.

"So... plan is intelligence gathering? Learn as much as we can from this world and avoid more trouble as much as possible?" Avery asked.

"Right on mark. We can't risk massive battles. Sure we can inflict a lot of damage but it won't be sustainable. We don't have governments, generals and requisition offices supplying us anymore." Orion pulled out 1 of his Five Seven magazines and tapped it.

"Until we can find out how to replenish these, maintain strict trigger discipline."

"Well, I'll spread the word that we don't have much and can't risk an all out war with our enemies then." Avery winked.

"If there are these werewolves, what about..." Orion cupped his own chin and rubbed.

"Man, I hope we find a dragon that's hostile." Avery wished.

"Let's just count our blessings. Besides, Daniel doesn't have many rockets to work with."

"Maybe, but it's called a bunker buster for a reason. You and Tim could use your weapons to hit it." Avery referred to Tim's sniper and Orion's grenade launcher.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. How's your shotgun by the way?"

Avery inspected his breacher build Mossberg 590 with MAGPUL furniture and a flashlight.

"If there's a door."

*chink

"There's a way."

*chick

"Yep and that's why people dub that sound as the 'fuck you pump'." The statement gave each soldier a hearty chuckle.

Just then, there was a light knock at the door. Avery shouldered his shotgun and Orion pulled out his sidearm. Team leader put the weapon behind his back and opened the door slowly.

Aurora was standing outside with a basket of food, wearing the same cloak he had given her. Orion holstered his weapon and signaled to Avery that it was safe.

"Hi Amarok!" She greeted cheerily.

"Hey there, is that food?" He opened the door wider and pointed at the basket.

"Why it is my mate! I thought you and your friends could eat. Especially Pac-man?" Orion took the basket from her and placed it on the table.

The lupine followed after him and saw one of his friends. He greeted her with a friendly wave.

"Hello." Aurora stared at Avery for a second before closing in on her own male.

Orion was opening up the gift and a waft of cooked food emanated from the large basket.

"What's in here?" The team leader asked.

Aurora hugged him from behind, smiling in his natural scented clothing.

"There is bread, dried meat, boiled eggs and some flowers you can eat." Aurora answered with tiny addictive sniffs.

"Herbs that can soothe and help you sleep better. Also some flowers that help with strength...." She finished vaguely and felt for her mate's abs underneath his shirt.

"Strength?" Orion placed his own hands on her feely ones and received a judgmental stare from Avery.

"I'll let you figure that one out by yourself bud." His teammate rolled his eyes and coughed.

'Ah.' Orion concluded that it had something to do with his injuries.

1...345678