Callsign Amarok Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aurora rubbed her head in Orion's neck to attach her scent to him. Next pushing off and pulling away, almost standing up.

Orion reached around her back with both arms and pulled her back onto himself.

Aurora was surprised at the sudden action, landing right back in her mate's lap.

"What did I say about pushing and running away?" He said with a cocky smile.

The wolf within herself absolutely loved that statement. Cheerful laughter resonated from Aurora, eliciting a few heads to turn.

-Fireteam-

"Think she's got him deceived?" Avery maintained visual over the clearing.

"Hard to tell... but I think the Phantom has her snowed." Pac observed Orion and the naked woman sitting on top of him.

"What makes you say that?" Dan whispered.

Tim racked the bolt of his new sniper and re-equipped his SAW.

"How many girls have spoken to Orion?" Pac questioned and received a complicated stare from Tim.

"Lots...I think? But they left him after chatting with him for a bit. Damn...I don't think any of them wanted to hang afterwards." Dan gathered past historic events, receiving a smirk from Pac and Tim.

"Because that's his skill." Tim commented.

"What'd you mean? Being unattractive in the ways of charm?" Dan squinted at the gunner.

"No, the opposite actually. It's an ability he picked up after completing his specialized training." Pac maintained a studious stare for the Phantom.

"He has above average looks, good body with some scars, respectful and disciplined. I've sent women who have a thing for battle scarred men... and you know what they say?"

Dan shook his head at Pac.

"He's nice but not for me, he's cute and stuff but he deserves someone better. Or, oh him? He's got a lot in his life, maybe someone else will come along." Daniel shook his hand at the pilot to stop.

"Fuck man... the chicks told you their excuses?"

Pac smiled.

"Not excuses. Reasons." Avery piped.

Tim, Avery and Pac shared knowing nods.

"His callsign. Amarok? It's got some truth to it. A wolf who prefers hunting alone, multiple or single targets doesn't matter. His Phantom status is what keeps women away."

"How?" Dan inquired with raging curiosity and if not sated, his mind would collapse.

"Every time a woman approaches our wolf, he's courteous and nice and that leaves a decent impression on 'em. They chat for a bit and usually the girl breaks off and comes back to me if I sent them. But it's not disinterest...just guilt." Pac informed and continued.

"Orion has this thing where if the girl's just 'looking around' he lets them off easy by excusing himself. If the girl's easy-going with chatting, he helps them out by creating an illusion of gold. Say, something like 'there will be someone else out there for you. You need better and I can't be there all the time', minor things like that get most off his back." Pac grinned at the ground.

"If whoever's really hell-bent on getting him. He'll start listing off weird shit and sometimes degrading himself when things turn desperate. The crazy things he's come up with are wild." The blonde sighed and Dan got closer to lessen the chance of others hearing.

"There's a lot of freaks that Orion managed to shrug off. That's just his charm... Most won't remember him within a week, because he doesn't want them to remember. Phantoms only show themselves to people who matter." Pac watched Dan scratch his noggin in thought.

"Wait so... he intentionally makes himself look bad to avoid girls? Then what about that werewolf? Why's he bunny and fuck buddy with her?" Dan gestured a subtle point to Aurora.

Avery quietly smacked his brother over the helm.

"He's already displayed his detachment." Pac nodded at Avery's statement.

"Wait wha- oh.." Daniel caught Tim tapping his own holster containing a pistol.

"Our team leader aimed a gun right at her and her wolves. But she's insistent on cozying up with him, that's why. You heard her crying a bit back there." The gunner returned his eyes back on the other animals.

"Know this. If she decides on going after us, Orion will be the first to draw blood." Avery resumed his post.

"Hell hath no fury than a woman scorned. But in this case."

"Hell hath no fury than a Phantom's wrath." Pac patted Avery's shoulder.

"There is no greater anger than that of a ghost who's experienced betrayal." The twins shared a mutual stare.

Daniel gulped and peeked back at the lethal man with a dangerous werewolf on top of him.

"Noted."

-Returning to Lupine and Phantom-

Orion kissed Aurora again and released her from his embrace. She got up slowly, making sure not to push off this time.

He gestured to the cloak on the ground.

"Wear it and sit next to me." He suggested.

After swinging it on, Aurora moved to her mate's side and sat down, rubbing her head against his.

He picked up the magazine he was packing and continued to load it.

"Now tell me about your village and whoever the hell that is that has your pack thirsty for blood." Pointing to the bound prisoner.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 32 Intelligence

While Orion finished packing his magazines, storing them in his combat rig and backpack. He finally understood the Aspen Packs dire circumstances and what led to that far cry for help.

The captive's name was Sköll, Alpha and leader of the Mjolnir pack. Aurora's pack had been tormented by the hostile Alpha. Losing many of their females each week since the 1 month ultimatum.

The lupine stated that Sköll had taken and defiled them, sometimes sending back bodies to the village for all to see.

Orion couldn't help but think of Africa, picturing Shelly's body in the mound of rot and being dragged across the airstrip.

Aurora's father Fenrir has been busy calming down his pack and dealing with internal affairs. More meticulously since Sköll's abrupt and unwelcome visit a month ago.

Fenrir, old Alpha of Mjolnir, according to Aurora, was a merciless wolf and feared by many. Except for when he met her mother Anna, growing softer and wiser. When conflicts occurred he usually didn't choose violence to solve problems, favoring diplomatic means instead.

Orion knew when to use diplomacy and when to use violence. Hearing the Aspen's dilemma, he knew diplomacy would've been useless. But since they had captured Sköll, maybe there was a chance to end it between the 2 groups without more bloodshed.

When Aurora mentioned her mother, she'd gone quiet and Orion just held her softly, waiting for her to calm. Later cleaning her face again. She had also spoken about the man her mate along with his friend saved. His name was Zane and acted like a protective uncle to Aurora.

On a much brighter note, she talked about her village and packmates.

"The Aspen pack has around 500 lupines with pups, adults and elders. We have lots of trees and forest surrounding our village, which makes it hard to find."

Orion raised a tentative hand and held it above Aurora's head. Hesitant and embarrassed that he tried to pet her as if she was still a wolf. She was calm and fully aware as a human. He'd pet her when she was crying but prepared for vocal retaliation.

It would be disheartening to hear but...

"You can...pet me." The female lupine moved her mate's hand over her head and he rubbed her scalp.

'Ho..holy... wait?' A sense of dread attacked him.

"How old are you?" The soldier asked after examining her clean and supple skin.

She had assets but wolf years were definitely shorter than human years. Aurora's hair fizzed around and she closed her eyes. Later shaking and collecting loose strands into order.

"Hehe! I was born in my village and It has been my home for 25 lunar cycles." She giggled.

Orion was confused.

"How long are lunar cycles?" He inquired.

"Every cycle has 4 moon shapes: spring, summer and fall. Winter restarts our cycle and every moon lasts 30 sunsets."

'So she's 25 years old, that's the same as me!' He calculated.

Wanting to know more about this new world and her people, he was about to ask but was cut off by Aurora bolting up and facing towards the open clearing.

Orion's fireteam heard the sudden motion and looked over at her. Dan switched on his thermal and scanned the treeline across from them.

"I have heat coming from ahead of us!" Dan and the rest of the team moved past the wolves with weapons raised and positioned themselves at the front, covering the white wolf's allies.

Orion stood up and moved past Aurora to regroup with the rest of his men. She reached out quickly and snagged his arm.

"They're from my village! My father is with them, I can sense him." Exclaiming chirpily.

Nodding, Aurora strode up to his side and moved with him to the team.

"Weapons down."

"Are we compromised?" Tim pointed to the young wolf that nabbed Orion.

The Phantom quickly gestured to Aurora with a thumb.

"No, but stay alert and let's give them a chance this time." Orion spoke boldly, equipping his headset and helmet.

Tim and the rest of the team thought about it for a second, still aiming their guns into the forest.

"And besides... these aren't like the ones who attacked us." Orion walked up and laid a hand over the barrel of 2 weapons.

Tim and Dan lowered their firearms from a cautious order. Sensing eyes staring at them from hidden shadows.

"We're surrounded."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 33 Adulterated First Meeting

Wolves emerged from shrubbery with one at the forefront, stalking towards the fireteam. Aurora quickly stepped in front of all of them and greeted the advancing party.

"Father! This is my mate and our Saviour Amarok Orion."

The wolf at spear point stopped and focused on Orion. The beast realised he was another predator and maybe more. An apex.

It lowered its head and nodded, giving the human beside his daughter acknowledgement. Next, regarding 4 other weirdly dressed individuals next to him.

"These are the other Saviours, friends of Amarok." Aurora finished.

The large wolf transformed into a man that had grey hair, a stubble and fit muscles.

Looking at his daughter, then to Orion and scanned the destruction around them.

Nearby, the Phantom heard a mumble of pain and looked over. He saw the wounded wolf he had patched up and forgotten about, struggling to get up.

'Shit.'

Sprinting over to the man he put his hands on his shoulder and helped him settle back into a comfortable sitting posture.

"Woah, woah, calm down, you're safe. Look over there." Pointing to Aurora and Fenrir.

Zane focused and relaxed his muscles. Now softening his eyes at whoever helped him.

"How am I... I remember the battle and felt..." Zane looked at bandaged arms and a stapled abdomen.

"You were hurt badly. My friend and I patched you up. Let me check your vitals real quick. I just need to listen to your chest and heart." Orion wanted to ask how Zane's heart could have started back up again. Without the use of adrenaline or a defibrillator. CPR only worked to oxygenate the body but was unable to restart the heart.

Orion retrieved his listening device and placed the cool diaphragm against Zane's chest. Nothing seemed off so he moved onto his backside.

Zane was in disbelief. 'Brought back? Who are these Saviours?' Orion noticed that the wounds Zane was covered in have almost completely faded away.

"Can you take a deep breath in for me?" Zane complied and sucked in sharply.

"Everything seems fine. Thank you. Pac, get over here!" The pilot ran over and leaned down to inspect the would-be injured man.

"How are your wounds already healed?" Orion asked as he finished his examination, letting the stethoscope hang from his neck.

"Lupines heal fast human. We are a tough and resilient race." Zane informed with pride.

Pac started unwrapping bloodied bandages, discovering scabs along with fresh patches of healing scars.

Zane reached down with his free hand and touched his stapled skin. Orion studied the staples; instead of helping they were just causing irritation and reddening along the punctures.

Orion pulled out his multi tool and snapped away the staples, carefully plucking them out. After he wiped away blood, he saw fresh skin scarring supernaturally.

'Un-fucking-believable.' He thought.

"Can you help me up?"

Pac and Orion helped Zane back to his feet, now standing and walking limply.

"Are you sure you'll be ok?" Pac asked.

"I'll be fine human. Thank you for your care." Looking at Pac then staring back at Orion.

"Please, you can call me Orion." The Phantom stuck out his hand and received a firm handshake.

"That person helped heal you as well. His name is Pac." Gesturing past Zane.

Pac reached out and received a strong handshake in return.

"My name is Zane, thank you for your help."

"Try not to get sliced again." Pac dropped his hands and nodded to Orion before returning to position.

"You have my gratitude Orion...take care of Aurora for me."

Zane closed in on Orion, patting him twice on the shoulder. After laying responsibility on him from detecting a true mate coupling, he transformed back into a silver wolf and trotted over to Fenrir.

The Aspen Alpha stood in awe, witnessing Orion and his friend care for Zane. A spark lightened his heart with hope.

"In all my moons, I have never seen a human lend a hand to us."

"Amarok and his friends are different father. They are our Saviours after all." Aurora added.

Orion walked back to Aurora and his teammates.

"Hello Alpha Fenrir, your daughter has picked me as a mate and I wish to learn more about your situation... if you're willing." Orion felt oddly subconscious from the Alpha's investigative stare. Almost as if he was sizing the Phantom up.

Fenrir sniffed, picking up a mixed scent and hardened his facial features.

"My daughter has chosen you, but what is your answer Amarok?"

Orion peeked back at his teammates, as if a child looking for permission from his parents. All of them waved dismissively at their leader.

Amarok steeled himself and put his resolve to the test, answering in stride.

"I have given my heart to Aurora and accepted that she is also my mate. Please call me Orion."

Aurora gleamed happily at her mate's acceptance.

"I am glad you realise, because if you hadn't, I would have gone for your neck." Fenrir snided.

"Father! Orion and I are true mates!" Aurora looked at him pleadingly.

"And I'm glad you have a backbone, worrying for her happiness. Rest assured, I'll protect and keep her healthy but I won't cage her." Orion smiled.

Fenrir's expression softened at Orion and he took the human's hand in his.

Suddenly, the Saviour pulled Fenrir and pushed him to the side. Some wolf had tried their luck in getting the jump on the impromptu meeting. A dark ashen canine leapt into the air and opened its maws to rip out jugulars.

With the Aspen Alpha out of harm's way its new target was now a camouflaged human.

Orion fell back and brought his foot up, aiming to boost the wolf away. He pulled out his pistol as the belly of the wolf landed on 2 combat boots.

Using his leg strength, Orion managed to avoid a close swipe of claws and made the wolf land a few feet away.

He brought his gun up and fired 3 rounds, dropping it instantly. The echo of fire stunned the rest in close proximity.

"Son of a..." The soldier hissed as he scanned for more hostiles.

"You good?!" Avery yelled.

Thoroughly surveying the area, Orion concluded that it was the last of them.

"Keep an eye out on those corpses!" His men fanned out with guns at the ready, studying each of the dead wolves.

Orion caught Aurora in a low ready stance, prepared to shift. A grey wolf stood close to Fenrir who was still on the ground. The fight had lasted mere seconds and the human had already proven himself capable of combat.

"Sorry about that. You alright?" Orion held out a hand after holstering his sidearm.

There was no overconfidence or arrogance in the human's speech, just serious concern.

"Yes, it is good to meet you, Saviour Orion. I have no doubt that you can protect my little Aurora." He got up with the help of his daughter's mate.

"Please just Orion is fine." Shaking his hand.

"And you may call me Fenrir."

Aurora watched the exchange with happiness and relief.

Both dropped each other's hands and Fenrir's expression hardened again at Orion's next words.

"Well then Fenrir, I have Sköll."

"Where is he?! You left him unguarded?"

"He was knocked unconscious, you can thank Dan for that." Orion swayed his head at one soldier with a tube attached to his helmet

Daniel nodded at Fenrir.

"I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon." Turning his head towards the large sack of meat tied up near the crash site.

"Why didn't you kill him?" Fenrir asked with curiosity.

"I didn't realize how much of a bastard he was until your daughter told me."

"He hadn't known father, so please don't hold it against him." Aurora pleaded, worrying that rage might overtake her father.

Fenrir softened at his daughter's words and focused back on Orion. "What did you plan to do with him?"

"Team leader didn't want to sully your kill, sir." Avery added, coming back after surveying the dead.

"I would have interrogated him and asked some basic questions before killing him." Orion mercilessly stated.

"But if your daughter hadn't come, my team and I would have been ripped to shreds." Aurora moved closer to Orion and laid her head on his arm.

"Thank you for saving our lives, by the way." Orion peered down at the lupine.

"You're my mate, of course I came!" She peeked up and finished with a peck on the cheek.

Fenrir regarded Orion with prideful eyes.

"I will be honored to have you as my son."

Orion looked at Fenrir wide eyed, realizing wolves mated for life and turned to address Aurora.

"I would love to have you Aurora. But let's make sure my friends and I are safe. Can you wait for me until then?" Receiving a strong hug.

"Of course... but if it takes too long, I'll drag you back to me."

"Hey, sorry to ruin the moment Amarok but when are we moving? Vultures might be on their way." Avery warned.

Aurora unwrapped from Orion's arms and stood next to her father.

"Understood." Orion turned back to both lupines.

"Can you provide suitable shelter for 5 and a storage room for boxes?"

Of course, we have a cabin empty for all of you." Fenrir said.

"Good, how many lupines did you bring Fenrir?"

"There are 25 with me."

"Aurora, how many are with you?"

"50....only 39 lived through our fight." Aurora informed with laced guilt and shame.

"Hey...don't let their deaths eat you away. They knew the risks when rushing forward and they helped us. I plan on returning the favor."

"I...it was my duty to protect them!" Aurora screamed.

"No, your duty is to lead and guide them. You protect each other, not shouldering the burden of everyone on yourself. Never forget that." Orion sympathized.

"That mindset gets people killed and leaders hating themselves, causing more problems in the future. Think of the ones who survived and focus on them, there will be a time to grieve later."

Orion knew all too much about loss and focused on his team.

Aurora stood in silence.

"Fenrir, can you take 44 wolves back? Leave 20 to me."

Fenrir transformed into a silver and white wolf. A large part of the lupine group rounded up behind him and receded back into the tree line.

Aurora gathered 20 wolves and awaited Orion's unspoken plan.

===Special Chapter)

The Phantom and his team rallied at the arsenal.

"So what are you gonna choose Orion?" Dan asked.

Orion reached in with both hands and met the bottom of the box. He pulled out a Milkor M32A1; 6 round rotary grenade launcher which gleamed under the sun. The WMD was already equipped with an adjustable scope, adjustable stock and vertical foregrip.

123456...8