Callsign Amarok Ch. 02

Story Info
Phantom memories and wolven behavior.
24.8k words
4.76
4.7k
15

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/03/2023
Created 01/22/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gastropoda
Gastropoda
125 Followers

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Author's notes:

I'm going to be honest, chapter 2 was a little rough to complete, compared to the original which was very lackluster. I've revamped most of the contents and added more writing. It includes multiple triggers and gruesome scenes in the world I've set. So if you're wondering why it's taken so long, that may be the reason.

I'm warning those that are faint hearted to come prepared or not at all.

-Reader discretion is advised-

And to brave servicemembers that are serving, have served or other occupational workers that deal with harsh realities of the world. You have my utmost respect and I hope none are offended or disappointed in this installment.

Please understand, my knowledge on psychology and warfare are based on movies, films, short documentaries and basic excerpts from quotes. Books that I've read in the past may not come to mind as memory fades.

With that, thank you for clicking!

-Author of Callsign Amarok.

______________

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Original Author's notes:

Hello again! Hope you all had an amazing week!

Chapter 3 has been well received and that's thanks to you guys!

This chapter contains brawling, confrontation, world building and a taste for future erotic moments.

Enjoy!

P.S: Lupine/werewolf biology differs from humans. -Newly added

______________

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 26 Armoury

-Past World-

In a dim environment constructed out of steel and muffling concrete, stood a blank soldier. His brown orbs stared at individual lockers lined in columns within the massive storage room. Grated cabinets now occupied by ghosts and a presence of cold.

Gentle vibrations emanated up his arms and throughout his still body. He walked towards his own locker and stared at the weapons contained within.

The shakes increased and he peeked down at his bare hands. Balling one up and swinging it right at a metallic flap.

A resounding blast echoed throughout his head as pain delayed itself in lost emotions. Undoing his clenched fist and letting blood drip down onto a reflective floor. He held his injured knuckles with his other hand and leaned forward. A stain of red decorated the grated door and specks of liquid matted the gear inside.

He was meant to die.

To follow the rest of his friends and slumber in relief. Their duties had finished but he remained. Left alone in this ventilated tomb, with his own thoughts keeping him company.

'W...why..how am I still here...?' Questioning himself mentally.

Peeking at other lockers, he imagined each and every single one of his old friends. Through his eyes, opaque spirits messing around.

===Special Chapter)

=Hey Charles! Is this porn!?= Ramirez yelled as he sat back in a bunk and flipped through a spicy magazine.

=AYE, GOD DAMN IT!!!= Charlie broke into a frantic sprint and yanked the paper out from 2 hands. A page was torn and waved in the air, landing underneath someone's foot.

Daws along with another soldier walked through the entrance when a loose piece of paper placed itself under his left boot.

The room quieted as their superior peered down and picked up the rogue page.

=Does this belong to anyone?= Ghostly figures who bustled froze. An uncomfortable silence followed with the commander's investigative stare.

Ramirez stood up from the bed and raised his hand, addressing his superior.

=That would be mine... sir.=

Daws settled on Ramirez and peeked at Charlie.

=Then why is he holding the book?= Charlie quickly panicked at the damning evidence in his possession. Ramirez went wide eyed and tried to say something before another voice called out.

=Sir! Ramirez found illicit material that I hid under my bunk! He thought it belonged to Charlie and proceeded to tease him for it! But it was mine, Sir!= Orion informed, standing at attention.

Daws collected the book from Charlie and walked over. On his way towards Orion he flicked through mature contents and shook his head.

The commander huffed and waved the book before presenting the youngest with the explicit mag.

=I'm disappointed. I thought you were a Saint until now. But I can't blame you for this, you're human after all and maintaining that chastity. I'm surprised you lasted this long without relief.= Daws handed the magazine over and had a brief smirk on his face before turning his back. He knew it wasn't Orion's but acknowledged his self sacrifice to maintain whoever's dignity that book contained.

=Although, people like us should never become complacent...I'm tasking you with additional PT and weapons maintenance for the next three months. Maybe that will urge you to throw that trash away.=

=Sir!= Orion saluted, accepting the punishment. It was their unspoken rule never to show leniency for minor or major offenses. Compared to other sentences, this was light.

=Don't let me see it next time.= The commander walked out and disappeared into thin air along with many other spirits in the room.

=Thanks Orion.= Charlie closed in on Orion and took the fading magazine back.

=Y..yeah, appreciate it.= A flustered and exasperated Ramirez gave a ghostly thumbs up.

Orion wanted them to stay but knew everything that he'd reminisced was just a memory. Before long, he winced and expressed a solemn smile to no one.

'I..anytime guys.'

Both entities disappeared, leaving only their Phantoms behind.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 27 Resolve

Unease struck Orion's core as he pulled himself out from the fleeting memory. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he wiped at his eyes to check if he cried.

Dry.

'What...the fuck is wrong with me?' His knuckles bruised and he shook the numbness away, bringing forth aching sores.

The Phantom sat down into a bunk bed and took in his surroundings. He wanted to cry, he wanted to feel something in that moment. Yet, there was nothing; just a bitter feeling of void.

From that fateful night, Orion never experienced regret or shame for killing his enemies. People who just ended up on the unfortunate side. But if anything exhibited similarities like the ones who took part in attacking and torturing his old squadron.

Then there was no greater wrath than that of a Phantom who has been deprived of everything. This however would never blind the soldier to endanger anyone around him.

Other than himself.

Orion wiped red on his old bunk's bed sheets and glared at the fabric, imagining that it was a familiar gun strap he'd used before. He shut his eyes and scowled before standing back up.

'Don't let their deaths carry you down into despair. Move on and honor the lost by remembering.' A faint and foreign voice whispered.

'Because no one else will.' Resolve formed deep.

Dark brown orbs scanned the rest of the room's storage containers, dissipating spirits surrounding 3 separate lockers.

He approached and unlocked them, grabbing a single memento from each. Amarok stood firm and excused himself of pity or anguish. His comrades were never a means to an end and he would treat it as such, as well as with his new team.

'Never again...'

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 28 Relapse

(Present Situation)

Embers and smoke blocked his view of a bloody runway. Signs of war and struggle revealed past actions taken before passing out. Bodies and bodies of fallen men laid all around him as he scrutinized each fatal injury they had. His vision cleared the smoke and he stared down into a hole.

A ruined face coupled with others he recognized slumped dead inside of a crater.

A hand laid against his shoulder, pulling him out of daunting memories.

"You alright bud?"

Orion peeked at whoever was grabbing his shoulder and shrugged it off. He closed his eyes and rubbed his temple before addressing the man behind him.

"Yeah, just some nerves." The Phantom turned back towards the many corpses created from recent skirmish.

Avery gave his team leader a sideways glance before looking around.

"Pilot finished treating the injured wolves with what we could spare." He informed.

Avery spotted Orion's indifferent stare and focused on what he was intent on seeing. The bodies of slain wolves and naked men colored the clearing with gore.

"Hey....you sure you're alright?" Asking again cautiously.

Orion maintained a thousand yard stare until he looked up at the sky and took a calming breath.

"I'm good." Flicking over to multiple wolves with matted fur and loose bandages hanging from a few.

"Regroup with the rest and check your gear. We're not coming back."

"Understood." Avery gave his team leader a pat on the shoulder and walked off. Now wasn't the time to pry or comfort.

Orion made his way over to the wolves and a cloaked figure sauntered over.

"How are they?" He asked.

Aurora glanced at wolves standing, sitting or laying on the ground.

"They are all doing fine. Your friend P..Pack? Yes, I think that's his name. He helped some lupines from bleeding too much." Aurora studied her mate's face and felt a ping of sadness in her heart. It was a wavering worry from the look in his eyes that had her feeling down.

"Ha, did he forget to introduce himself?" Orion's eyes glinted with liveliness once more and Aurora was happy, but rather a little frustrated.

"Pack is...Mrgh..well.. a Pack is a Pack. I am not used to saying Pack as a name." She lowered her head slowly as if saying the blonde's name was referring to her mate's group of friend's.

"His nickname is from Pac-Man. The yellow...nevermind." Orion shook his head and abandoned his explanation. This world probably hasn't heard of Pacman or any retro-arcade game for that matter.

"What's a Pacman?" Aurora looked back up at him and tilted her head a bit.

"Well... Pac-Man which is a name of a video game, originally called Puck man is a yellow circle with a mouth-" Orion caught himself from nerding out but the woman in front of him wasn't disinterested. In fact, her and the wolves around her stared at Orion with curiosity.

His story was fascinating.

=Yellow circle with a mouth?= One wolf asked in the Pack bond.

=Puck man?= Another added.

Some wolves switched their view on Orion over to the blonde pilot.

=His hair is yellow and his head is...like a circle?=

They returned their eyes back onto Orion who was surprised. The wolves were sentient enough to understand English and conduct astute observations.

=Alpha can you ask what a Pac-Man does?= Aurora nodded at one of the wolves behind her.

"What does a Pac-Man do?" She inquired with mild interest.

"Well... a Pac-Man eats a lot of food and if it can't eat enough, ghosts will come looking for him. If Pac meets too many ghosts, he will die."

In distress, the lupines perked their heads towards the pilot.

'Crap, do they think Pac is actually Pac-Man?' The Phantom stared at the pilot and received a questionable look back.

"Hold on a sec." Orion waved for Pac to come over and join in on the conversation.

He stood up from leaning against the crashed heli and received confused stares from the rest of the team.

'Hurry please...' Orion waved more furtively.

Pac shrugged at Avery and walked on over.

"We've got a bit of a situation." The fireteam leader informed.

All eyes were on the blonde and he was beginning to feel a bit nervous.

"What happened? Why're they looking at me like I'm some lost Gameboy?" The pilot rubbed his arm.

"Because that's exactly what they think of you right now..." Orion turned back to address the wolves quickly and informatively so that there weren't any misunderstandings.

"What..?" Drake was utterly confused.

Before Orion could clear up his mistake a pained groan came from across the field.

Everyone's attention was ensnared by a chest down man taking shallow breaths. Orion took a step forward but Aurora placed a hand on his chest, halting him.

"Not a friend of yours, I presume?"

She growled in response, hardening into a vengeful glare.

With that, Orion pulled his pistol out from its home and unlocked the safety. Pac, holding a Banshee while his shotgun was stowed away, positioned himself in front of the Phantom.

Aurora's hand remained on Orion's chest rig and he placed his own on her's. She struggled to look away from the downed individual but eventually settled her sight back on her mate.

The Phantom noticed her behavior and peered into wild eyes. They contained hesitancy, affliction and most importantly,

Hate.

Out of all the hostiles they'd come across, her composure faltered and her hands became unsteady. A soft steadying squeeze came from a clothed hand. That small gesture seemed to calm and comfort Aurora a bit. Pairing with a gentle waft of lotus and vanilla which staved off developing goosebumps. Another squeeze signaled her to focus and the she-wolf let go of Orion.

"What's the move?" Pac swayed his Banshee forward and aimed at the subject.

The team leader kept his eyes on Aurora and glanced at the wolves on guard, all looking to kill.

"Keep contact as a person of interest. Don't hesitate to finish him off if he's intent on running." Orion whistled 2 bird-like calls for the rest of the team to stay alert.

"Move." Putting a hand on the point man's shoulder, they began advancing with weapons trained on target.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 29 Confrontation

Aurora debated transforming to keep Orion and his friend safe but knew they could handle themselves. She followed close behind, ready to shift if the situation got out of hand. Other wolves followed, growling from behind their Alpha.

Reaching the individual, Pac put the barrel end of his gun to the person's head, unblinking and tapped the trigger. Any sort of hostility or struggle would be met with deadly force.

Meanwhile, Orion took off his bag, retrieved 2 pairs of zip ties and adjusted the injured man's hands to secure them behind his back. A thought came to him and he quickly grabbed a tied strand of paracord, pulled out his tanto, cutting a lengthy strip.

'Long enough.' Deducing and began tying the naked man's legs together.

Orion didn't know if werewolves or 'lupines' had any other abilities like extra strength or being able to transform specific parts of their body. He didn't want to take any chances and let the unknown in front of him gain any advantage.

After Orion finished binding the large male's legs, Pac used his foot and nudged the werewolf over.

Injuries were visible all over his body.

Orion applied first aid to their prisoner, adequately patching him up. Finally, he pulled out duct tape from his bag and applied it to the unconscious man's mouth.

He stood back up, meaning to ask for info about their captive and was forced off his feet in a flash. A wolf from behind had transformed and lifted Orion by the neck.

'S-!'

Pac brought his gun up and squeezed the trigger, wavering at the last second. Unknowing if the other wolves would turn on him and the rest of them.

"Let him go!" The pilot yelled out, initiating a tense stand-off.

The remaining team members rushed over with guns ready, worrying for Orion. Most of the wolves parted ways letting Avery, Dan and Tim through. A few stayed in place growling at soldiers who helped their depraved foe.

"Hey what the fuck?!" Dan cried out as he brought his M16 up.

Avery pushed his brother's gun away and pointed at the surrounding wolves encompassing them. Telling him to aim at them instead.

"Why in Luna's name did you heal him!?" The young man demanded an answer, keeping his grip taut around the Phantom's neck.

"What's the call?!" Tim held his LMG in a hip fire stance.

Orion peeked over at Aurora and saw a face mixed with frustration, sadness, horror and a hint of betrayal. The she-wolf wasn't going to be of any help in controlling the sensitive man.

"You have 5 seconds to let him go!" Avery aimed his Tavor at the man choking his team leader.

The situation was deteriorating rapidly as was the blood traveling through the Phantom's coratid.

"He..he took my mate from me." A tear ran down his left eye as his grip firmed, looking up at the human.

Dan and Tim were about to engage until Orion suddenly brought a foot up. Sending a brutal side kick to the liver, making his distraught attacker stagger back.

"AAGH!" He released one hand and reached for his side giving Orion the opportunity to take the fight downwards.

Coughing, spitting and inhaling a fresh breath of air, the Phantom unholstered his Five Seven and brought his own elbow above the other arm extended towards his neck. Forcing it down and raising his own forearm, leveling it with the opponent's chin.

Rushing forward and slamming the young male's throat to the floor.

"TELL ME! Is this what your friends died for?!" Adrenaline rushed Orion's veins as he aimed the pistol, putting the muzzle right against his target's temple.

"Did they die so you could do this?!" Frantic and tearful eyes glared at him with frustration. The Phantom kept his whole body weight on his torso, trapping an arm. The male kept a hand on his side due to immense pain from receiving a nerving kick. He remained still, trying to suppress and calm the searing sore.

Orion sensed the man's discomfort, sympathizing with an injury he'd sustained before. Even comparing the frustration and anger from helping the enemy, especially one who wronged him personally.

Snarls grew out from the surroundings and Orion brought his pistol up, aiming at numerous wolves. Some stalked forward but stopped from being lazed by the dangerous muzzle. At this moment they were combatants and members of the fireteam spaced out, distancing themselves from potential retaliation.

Soft steps from grass moving aside came from Orion's 2 o'clock. He pulled the sight into view and laid a red dot over someone's head.

2 green and distinct digits widened themselves behind the glass.

Aurora froze in place with shock and terror distilling her body.

"Don't." Orion ordered forcefully through clenched teeth. It felt awful but necessary at this point.

Situations like these had 3 control points: both individuals leading either side and emotions from the people. Hesitancy would display incompetence which in turn, would end up in conflict or unwillingness to resume said conflict. However the Phantom heard about wolf hierarchy before. Whoever was more dominant would call the shots and take over if their current leader was unable to guide them.

Amarok was prepared to shoot and kill any who dared to step up.

Right now Orion needed to display the advantage over them. To confuse by challenging their leadership, command by extorting their sense of comradery, and control; by showing them what he would do to protect the lives of his men and those precious to him.

=Stay back..= Some settled but others remained firm.

The she-wolf took a step back and kept quiet. Her soul was distressed beyond belief and it hurt to see Amarok in such a state. She couldn't tell if her mate was going to kill or not.

Warring with herself, she felt conflicted in either helping Amarok or saving her packmate.

Movement came from the man underneath Orion and he pressed the pistol back into the hostile's head. Staring down at teary and still scowling orbs. He pressed the gun harder against his skull. Everyone in the area watched in irritation and fear for what was going to happen.

The young wolf's resentment was subdued by a tiny feeling of bloodlust coming from the human up top. He closed his eyes as more pressure dug into his scalp. Clenching his eyes shut and praying for Luna to help. Death was upon him and approaching fast until...

"I lost 15 brothers in a single night." The male lupine relaxed his eyelids and stared into a dark reflection of his own.

Vexation, despair and a tinge of hopelessness were present in the human's eyes.

Gastropoda
Gastropoda
125 Followers
123456...8