Camping with Gran!

Story Info
A Camping trip leads to a special bond.
24.3k words
4.53
41.5k
34
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer:

All characters within this story are of age 18 and over, all work is fictional and consensual and have no resemblance to anyone that I know but in essence could describe millions of people. This story has taken me some time to write, real life has thrown me many ups and downs over the past 6 months. A birth, Death of a Sibling, Career change etc.

I really enjoyed writing this one, it could have gone on and on, perhaps made a series of it. (May still yet) but it is intended to be standalone

.

Camping with Gran

1

My name is Lucy, I am a 27 year old librarian from South Oxfordshire, where I work for one of the colleges at Oxford University. During my free time, I have a passion for reading and I love the outdoors and try to spend as much time as I can doing the things that I love. Living in a rural village has its benefits, surrounded by plenty of open countryside and the river Thames practically on my doorstep. It would have made sense to have a dog as a companion but instead I have a cat, he is a gentle soul, a ginger tom by the name of Mr. Whiskers.

I wasn't really that attractive or should I say, I wasn't really what society or typical men classified as being attractive. I stand about 5'5'' tall and am a size 12, my wavy mousey brown hair comes down to my shoulders and I wear glasses. I guess looking at me, I carry a little extra padding but do have curves where it counts but I still never have any luck with finding a real partner. I tend to wear plain boring clothing for work that normally consists of polished black Oxfords, woollen stockings, grey skirt, blouse and a cardigan. I liked to keep to myself as well and that didn't really help matters.

It was approaching 5pm and my shift was almost at an end for the day, the next 6 weeks in fact with the students gone for the summer and the annual leave I had booked off. As much as I loved my job, I couldn't wait to go on my little camping trip that I had been planning for some time. I had always wanted to go to the Lake District, having invested in a new VW California campervan that I knew I would be paying off for quite some time but all in all it was a worthy investment. I was glad that I chose to have all the options as well as having the windows tinted, I had also had it wrapped in a metallic dark green vinyl to make it more mine and different from all others.

Alighting from the train station, it only took about 10 minutes to walk to my little cottage on the edge of the village. Stopping at my neighbours house to discuss them looking after my cat and cottage while I was away, Alfred and Mary, both in their 80's but still full of beans. They were a sweet old couple to which I enjoyed spending time with them and would often pop round for afternoon tea, discuss horticulture and books. I knew my home and beloved Mr. Whiskers would be safe in their hands. Eventually walking through my garden gate, I checked on my van and then my garage for the kit I had yet to pack which included food, drinks and other necessities before stepping into my cottage to be greeted by the fur ball.

"Hello there, handsome!" He jumped up into my arms, purring like a chainsaw.

"How is my Mr. Whiskers?" He let out a slow meow and nuzzled into my chin.

"Want some food?" Of course he did, I just liked to converse with him. He let out a few loud meows, his tail twitching and upright.

"Ok Ok, no need to shout at me! Anyone would think that I never fed you!"

Emptying a pouch of food and pouring some biscuits into his bowls, topping up his water fountain and then standing there watching him ravenously devouring his dinner. I smiled and felt the swell of my love for him in my heart, bending down and scratching his back with my fingernails before I poured myself a glass of wine. Closing my eyes as I swallowed the first mouthful, I loved a good Malbec and this one was a very nice one indeed I thought. Taking out my phone and opening my wine app, I took a photo of the label and then read up about it and left my own little review. I requested Alexa to start playing some Nordic Folk music and then prepared myself a small bite to eat, a cheese selection with some ham and crusty bread that was perhaps a little dry but went with it anyway. My phone rang.

"Hi Mum, how are you?"

"Hello dear, I am good! You?" I smiled at the sound of her voice, so soft and soothing to listen to her.

"I am good! Just got home in fact, having a bite to eat and a glass of vino!" I took a quick sip. "What's up?"

"Oh, just checking to see if you were all set for your little trip tomorrow? Got everything you need?"

"Yeah I think so, looking at my checklist and pleased to say that all the tick boxes are ticked!"

"You and your tick boxes!" She laughed down the phone. "Are you still going to stop by and see your Grandmother tomorrow?"

"Of course I will! Haven't seen her since before the pandemic started, I have missed her!" A mixture of joy and sadness washed over me.

"Oh goody! She will be so pleased to see you dear, it is not too far out of your way?"

"Not that far to be honest, I have plenty of time!" It was true, I didn't really have much of an itinerary to work from, just a list of places I wanted to see with no timeline.

I sat at the table in the kitchen talking to my mother for almost an hour, drinking my wine and nibbling at my dinner. We didn't really talk about anything in particular, she went through the typical list of issues with my dad but said he was doing fine and that they were fine as well. She had been volunteering with the local WI as well and took some work at a local garden centre, not that she needed to work due to my dad making a lot of money in his job. I filled her in on my non life, non love life, she tutted down the phone at me but had given up pressing me about it. We eventually brought the call to an end and said our goodbyes.

Turning off the downstairs lights, I headed up to my bedroom and began to undress myself and then walked semi naked to my bathroom to run a hot bath. As it ran, I went back into my bedroom to remove my bra and panties. Standing in front of the mirror, I took in the sight of my naked body in the reflection. Turning to the left and then to the right and then over my shoulder at my back before turning to face myself once more. My small perky boobs with puffy pink areola and small nipples that now stood erect, then down at my hair covered mound which I kept neatly trimmed around the edges before lifting my arms up and looking at the stubble on them. I secretly liked them hairy but something about them being bristly pleased me, I liked the feel of them. I could do with losing a few pounds but chose not to let my body define me, it is what it is and right now I had no one to try and please.

Heading back into the bathroom, the bath wasn't quite ready so I sat on the toilet and went about my business as I watched the water level rise. A few minutes later, I finished up and wiped myself and then leaned to the side and turned the tap off. Testing the water before submerging myself into it, the hot steamy water embraced my body as I rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes. I spent some time washing my body and then shaved my legs and armpits, arching my hips out of the water so I could tidy up my pubic hair. The thought of masturbating quickly came to mind but was gone just as quickly, I was tired from my week of work and getting everything in order for the person filling in for me.

Throwing on an old T-shirt and a pair of granny knickers after drying myself off from my bath, I crawled under my duvet and snuggled up to my pillow. Mr. Whiskers jumped up onto my bed and joined me, softly purring away as he settled up against me. I stroked him and scratched underneath his chin and he looked back at me and meowed. I turned off the light and ran through a final checklist in my mind, mentally ticking items off my list to make sure that I had not forgotten anything before I left on my road trip tomorrow.

Waking up early the following day at about 6.30am, it was early for a weekend anyway in comparison to my usual 5.45am on weekdays. I welcomed the aroma of the fresh cafetiere of coffee, the taste even more so as I dropped 2 slices of bread into the toaster with my free hand. Feeling his soft fur brush up against my leg and his usual morning greeting, which I would normally equate to meaning "FEED ME NOW MUM!" I picked a pouch of his food and went to his bowl.

"Alright already! I haven't forgotten about you, Mr. Whiskers!" Emptying the contents into his bowl and then scratching him on the head, he was purring as he ate.

I quickly finished my second mug of coffee and my toast with marmite, washed up and tidied the counter before heading out to the garage in my T-shirt and a pair of shorts to load the remainder of my gear into the van. Nearly all available space was taken by the time I had finished, only one more bag to put in when I was ready to leave. After locking everything up, I went back into the cottage and made my way upstairs to take a shower. I had worked up quite a sweat by the time I had finished, stripping off my clothing as I walked into my bathroom and stepped into the shower. I had the urge to pleasure myself again but once again abstained, there was a long drive ahead and I didn't want to arrive at my Grans house too late.

Looking around my bedroom once last time and spotting the purple of my dildo in my bedside drawer, I quickly snatched it up and tossed it into my backpack. Made a mental note to myself to make good use of it later. Satisfied that I had all I needed, I did a quick circuit of the cottage to ensure all windows were locked and then put some biscuits down for Mr. Whiskers and gave him a kiss on the head before leaving and locking up. Checked the van one last time and then switched the engine on, selected a playlist and pulled away, my holiday had officially started!

2

I had been on the road for nearly 3 hours by the time I had arrived at my Grans house, the roads were fairly nice and no issues with traffic. It had been quite some time since I last visited Shrewsbury to see my gran, the lockdowns had seen to that and now with the current cost of living crisis. I was lucky that I owned my cottage outright and was in the position to save approximately 70% of my salary each month, but then again I was fairly low maintenance in the grand scheme of things. I pulled up onto the gravel driveway to my Gran's bungalow, the stones crunching as I came to a stop behind her little red Fiat 500 and looked around at her beautiful garden as I stepped out of the van.

"Lucy? Is that you?" I heard her voice but couldn't see her at first, then I saw her head pop up from the flower bed that she had been working on.

"Hi Gran, didn't see you there!" I smiled as I walked up to her.

"Come here sweetie, let me take a look at you!" She pulled her gardening gloves off and extended her arms out wide as she approached, a massive smile on her face.

My Grandmother was literally the same height as I was, however she was more petite than me. She still looked great for her age though, her body had good proportions from her round bottom, perky boobs and still had a youthful face. She had shoulder length wavy brown hair that was greying at the roots, big brown eyes, button nose and a perfectly proportioned mouth. Her smile displayed a full set of pearly white teeth that were all of her own, after all she had been a dental surgeon but had retired a couple of years back. She was a real people person and got on well with pretty much everyone she knew. Her name is Jenny and she is 66 years old.

"Oh Gran, it has been so long!" I put my arms around and kissed her on both cheeks. We hugged for a while, the dampness of her sweat covered skin and the smell of her body mixed with a faint floral perfume took over my senses and her embrace made me feel all warm inside.

"Are you ok dear?" she said quizzically with a wide grin on her face.

"Yes, I am fine!" I replied. I gave her a kiss on the forehead and tightened my hold on her.

"Lucy, I am all sweaty and covered in dirt!" She tried to pull herself away but her attempt was futile. "Lucy!" she laughed playfully at me.

"I am just so glad to see you, I really couldn't care to be honest!"

There were a range of emotions coursing through my body, from elation to an overwhelming urge to cry my eyes out. It wasn't as though I had no human company but I didn't realise exactly how much I missed family members and how hard the imposed lockdowns had taken effect. I wasn't alone however, people up and down the country were experiencing the same as I was and in some cases had lost loved ones and been unable to come together as families in times of need and support.

"Oh my dear girl, you are crying?!" She took my head in her hands and kissed me on the lips briefly, then pulled me in for another hug. "Come, let's go inside and I will put the kettle on."

I simply smiled at her and followed her into the house, paying more attention than I perhaps should have been on her shapely bottom as she walked. It was always nice stepping into my grandparents house, familiar smells like pot pourri, roast dinners, tea and baking lingered in the air. It was also nice and cool inside as well. I took a seat at the kitchen table and continued to watch her as she busied herself at the kitchen sink, how effortlessly she glided around gathering what she needed without looking. Within minutes, she had set down a tray with a tea set and a plate of homemade biscuits. I went for the tea pot and then felt the resistance of her hand on top of mine, her skin delicately soft and warm at the touch.

"Let it steep dear!" She smiled at me and patted the back of my hand.

"Sorry!" Her hand squeezed mine and returned her smile.

We spoke for the next hour or so about life in general, my work and life in the village that I lived in. I explained how I was fairly content with my life at the moment, despite being single and all that. I had made a big fuss about Mr Whiskers and how he was the only man in my life, we both laughed at that. We spoke about my parents, mainly my mother though because she always liked to be the centre of any situation, especially where she could be seen to shine brighter than anyone else. It was a really annoying trait and I noticed a look of disapproval on her face, which led me to ask about it.

"Are you okay? That seemed to annoy you!" I enquired.

"Just like your grandfather, he is just the same! Your mother is definitely her fathers daughter, both of them have narcissistic tendencies!" She tutted and looked into my eyes, I could now see pain in them.

"Oh Gran, I didn't mean to upset you!" I took her hand in mine and lightly squeezed it.

"Oh it is not your fault dear, It is just getting more difficult to live with him!"

Now I really felt awkward and ashamed of myself all of a sudden, but then I did not know that she would react this way. Seeing the tears well up in her eyes as her hand went to her mouth as she turned her head to the side. Did I let it go or did I question her more about it? I felt like the latter choice was the better solution because I know she wouldn't expose her emotions like this easily. She was a proud woman and always had a smile on her face but as we are all human beings, there is always another side of the story.

"Gran, you don't have to but if you want to talk about it!" I paused and took her hand in both of mine. "I am a good listener!"

"Thank you dear, I.." The sound of the front door opening stopped her in her tracks and she pulled her hand away from my grasp and stood up. "Your Grandfather is home, he won't appreciate me in this state."

She straightened her clothing and quickly left the kitchen and went to the toilet in the utility room, reappearing moments later with a fake smile on her face and her eyes were a little red from her tears but I could see that she had splashed her face with cold water to mask the appearance of her crying. Moments later my grandfather stepped into the kitchen, he looked at her and then at me. There was little or no expression on his face, he wasn't even happy to see me which took me back a bit at first but I just let it wash over me.

"Hello Grandad, how are you?" I spoke first to diffuse the atmosphere that I could feel building.

"Lucy." He simply said my name and nodded. He turned to my Gran. "I will have supper in my study." He turned and left the kitchen and I could hear his footsteps recede.

"What was that all about?" I half whispered at her.

"Please dear, leave it be!" She was already preparing some pots on the stove and taking a box of Bisto granules from the cupboard. "I shouldn't be talking to you about it."

"Ok, I won't press you but like I said, you have my ear!" I placed my hands on her shoulders and kissed the back of her head, she was shaking and her shoulders had relaxed at my touch. I sensed that she wanted to talk but knew she wouldn't with my grandfather in the house. "Can I do anything to help?"

"Could you take the ham out of the fridge please and set it down on the other side of the sink."

I did as she asked, she also asked me to do a few other things like getting my grandfather's tray ready. I would never have imagined that this was what their relationship was like, they always used to be rather amiable and happy together. How my grandfather reacted with me also took me by surprise, I had never known him to be so cold like that before. Even though he was not one to show public displays of affection, he had always been interested in making conversation with me, especially because I worked for Oxford University and he felt that held prestige.

Supper was ready, I watched my gran plating up my grandfather's dinner and arranging his tray. She finished by opening a bottle of ale and placed it on the tray, doing a final check and then taking it through to his study. During the time that she was gone, I made myself busy by dishing up a plate for both myself and my gran. I could make out the conversation they were having, he had asked how long I intended to stay, told her to smarten up her behaviour and made some remark about being given cold ham. The latter being one of his favourites, it sounded to me like he was going out of his way to be horrible to her and that upset me a lot. She returned to the kitchen and saw what I had done and then took a seat next to me.

"Thank you for dishing up!" She sniffled, wiped her nose on a napkin and began eating.

"No problem!" Instinctively, I placed my hand on her thigh and squeezed it gently. "The ham looks nice!" She made a mean ham, rubbed with dark muscovado sugar, studded with cloves and pineapple rings. She used the cooking juices in the gravy which was to die for, typically it was her Christmas eve tradition.

"Darling, please don't tell your mother about what you have seen today, she will only take his side and I cannot handle it from her as well!" She looked at me and then down at my hand that was still on her thigh.

"I won't!" Seeing her look down at my hand, I quickly pulled it away as though I had been caught stealing from the biscuit jar. "Sorry, forgot it was still there!" I grinned.

"Don't worry dear, it was a nice feeling." Her smile was genuine this time as our eyes met again.

Again, we made light conversation as we ate our dinner together. She made a gesture to say that we were being too loud, my grandfather was listening to the radio and had turned the volume up higher. She suppressed a giggle and tried to become serious again but giggled again. After we finished, I helped her to tidy up the kitchen and then went to use the toilet as she headed to collect my grandfather's tray. Upon her return, she informed me that we were going out for a walk together, it was still nice outside and I could sense that she was desperate to get out of the house.